Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Video of "Moves to remove three zeros from the currency to strengthen the dinar" on Iraq TV Today.

DWS112

Amer Al-Jawahiri to / NINA /: Changing the value of the national currency is now an economic confusion...it should not be linked to additional unstable revenues

Monday 09 , August 2021

Baghdad / NINA / - The Consultant in Industrial Development, industrial cities and investment, Amer Al-Jawahiri, confirmed that: Changing the value of the national currency is now an economic confusion..it should not be linked to additional, unstable revenues.

He told the National Iraqi News Agency (NINA) that the change in the value of the national currency against other foreign currencies has not occurred since 2003 except twice, its price was 2500 and then to 1200, and it was changed at the end of last year, which means during 17 years it was changed only twice.

Al-Jawahiri added that the rise in oil prices is not fixed, it may rise for several months and decrease again, as happened previously, noting that: determining the economic and monetary paths does not depend on steps that occur for some months or seasons of the year.

He explained that the changes in oil prices should not be based on a change in the amount of the Iraqi currency vis-à-vis other currencies, and that it should not take place in short successive periods. /End 

https://ninanews.com/Website/News/Details?key=920540

• Thanks 7
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Carrello said:

He told the National Iraqi News Agency (NINA) that the change in the value of the national currency against other foreign currencies has not occurred since 2003 except twice, its price was 2500 and then to 1200, and it was changed at the end of last year, which means during 17 years it was changed only twice.

thanks Carrello. " during 17 years it was changed only twice. "? what about the devaluation back in december 2020 to 1460 until now?

• Pow! 2

12 hours ago, dinareffic said:

It was someone that had a friend that was a Kurd and would ask the friend what articles meant.  Can’t remember who user was. 🤔 

I think the members name is Greg, the guy I’m thinking of, lives in Dallas! He works with or used to work with a guy from Iraq. I have talked to him before but it’s been a while since I seen a post from him!  Maybe he will see this thread, or remember who Im talking about! Hopefully he might be able to to get his friend to translate this video for us!! JMHO 

• Pow! 1

40 minutes ago, Artitech said:

Sorry I didn’t read all the thread Greg is already on it!! Thanks Greg! JMHO 

No problem. Glad to help. I’m not here as much as I used to be, but if anybody needs me or my friend to interpret every now and then, just tag me.. I’ll get the email.. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, GregHi said:

“Yes , but they also say it is difficult to remove zeros and it might not be the right move to boost the economy and have better value for the Dinnar“

Obvious question: So, if it might "not be the right move to...have better value for the Dinnar"....then why would they bring it up? :bagofmoney:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2