Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God is opinion and doesn't care if it's name is Capitalized... or does She?

rvmydinar

1 hour ago, PrehistoricMan said:

because 2 corinthians 6;16 ISNT literal?

Where does it say 2 Corinthians 6:16 isn't literal?  :shrug:

Are you saying that God wasn't walking through the Garden of Eden in Genesis 3:8? 

[Gen 3:8 NASB20] 8 Now they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

So what you are saying is God CANNOT be with us today because he isnt physically walking among us?

No, I'm not saying that at all.  God appeared to man several times in Human form in the Old Testament.  Surely, God can do ANYTHING He wants, including appearing to us in Human form.  

Anyone more than Genesis 11:1 is frickin literal.  -Now the whole earth had one language and the same words.-

Oh WOW, :o, so you don't believe Gen 11:1 happened?

Try to think outside the box.  God is not literally walking on the earth. 

You think the below verses are not true?  Why would GOD lie to us about Walking Among Us?

4 hours ago, Markinsa said:

"I WILL DWELL AMONG THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD

[Deu 23:12-14 NASB20] 12 "You shall also have a place [allocated] outside the camp, so that you may go out there [to relieve yourself,] 13 and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn and cover up your excrement. 14 "Since the LORD your God walks in the midst of your camp to save you and to defeat your enemies before you, your camp must be holy; so He must not see anything indecent among you or He will turn away from you.

[Lev 26:11-13 NASB20] 11 'Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. 12 'I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. 13 'I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so that [you] would not be their slaves, and I broke your yoke and made you walk erect.

Also, why are you avoiding my questions?

I can't even get you to answer one simple question.

Who or what do you think Jesus is, if not God? 

• Pow! 1

No.  God has never appeared in human form.  No man may see God and live. No, God did not walk in Eden.  You have to stop thinking everything is literal for crying out loud.  I now think either you are just dishonest or willingly mentally challenged.  

I have a friend name Russ that became a baptist preacher.  He too tried to own me on hell.  He was using Mark 9:48 about the fire.  I asked him about the worms in that verse.  He was dumbfounded.  HE concluded that Jesus gave um, worms everlasting life.  

That is the point when one takes their brain and throws it out of their skull and runs over it.  I tried to reason with him on why not the kangaroo was not given everlasting life or the aardvark perhaps?  Why do worms get this special privilege?  I tried to make it as silly as possible so he would get the point.  In the end he said Jesus said it so I believe it.  Dumb dumb dumb  I havent spoken to him in months considering how dumb he was.

HE refused to reason that the worms dieth not does NOT mean they live forever.  He was just too prideful to admit it that that was ridiculous.  

I however will almost bet you will say worms live forever instead of using actual reasoning ability.  I mean considering you actually think God walks.  Um, he is a spirit creature.  He doesnt have legs.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

No.  God has never appeared in human form.  No man may see God and live. No, God did not walk in Eden.  You have to stop thinking everything is literal for crying out loud.  I now think either you are just dishonest or willingly mentally challenged. 

I see you wrote your own Bible, and you created the God you want to serve.  Why do you even read the Bible if you don't believe what it says?

Did God part the Red Sea? Was Jesus resurrected on the third day?  Did Balaam's mule talk to him?  Where do we draw the line of literal and not literal?  Who gets to choose where that line is? 

[Jhn 5:39-47 NASB20] 39 "You examine the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is those [very Scriptures] that testify about Me; 40 and [yet] you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41 "I do not receive glory from people; 42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44 "How can you believe, when you accept glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the [one and] only God? 45 "Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Jesus is speaking about the Old Testament in the above verses.  Who did Moses write about?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I see you wrote your own Bible, and you created the God you want to serve.  Why do you even read the Bible if you don't believe what it says?

Did God part the Red Sea? Was Jesus resurrected on the third day?  Did Balaam's mule talk to him?  Where do we draw the line of literal and not literal?  Who gets to choose where that line is? 

[Jhn 5:39-47 NASB20] 39 "You examine the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is those [very Scriptures] that testify about Me; 40 and [yet] you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41 "I do not receive glory from people; 42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44 "How can you believe, when you accept glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the [one and] only God? 45 "Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Jesus is speaking about the Old Testament in the above verses.  Who did Moses write about?

Sigh....I bet you believe there are actual streets of gold in heaven too.  Tell me I am wrong.

2 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Sigh....I bet you believe there are actual streets of gold in heaven too.  Tell me I am wrong.

Why, is that impossible for you?  It is possible for God to create the Universe with the Power of His Word but somehow He is incapable of doing something so simple as that? :facepalm:  I feel sorry for you.

I haven't forgotten that you are still avoiding my question.

I can't even get you to answer one simple question.

• Like 1

HAHA...I knew it.  See this is your problem in a nutshell.  You are just not intelligent enough to understand the Bible.  The Bible is filled with hyperbole and with exaggerations...

I bet also you think God rides around on a chariot and the wheels actually have eyeballs on it from the book of Ezekial.  

And when Jesus called the pharisees white washed graves and serpents....you literally believe they turned into actual tombstones dont ya?  

Matthew 5:29. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away… ...

Luke 10:4. Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road. ...

I bet you think these are literal too.  Hey Markinsa, how come you havent gouged your eyes out yet?  I mean, Jesus literally said it right?  Arent you sinning by not obeying him?  I mean you think he is God too so you really should obey him right?  

Numbers 13:32-33
So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

I bet you think the land actually devoured the inhabitants.  Maybe ate them with salt?  haha  And I bet you believe the Israelites LITERALLY became grasshoppers.

And you want to know why I am not answering your questions? 

How can we have a discourse if you cannot apply simple reason and logic to things?   That you see everything in the Bible is literal?  

Deuteronomy 1:28
Where can we go up? Our brethren have made our hearts melt, saying, “The people are bigger and taller than we; the cities are large and fortified to heaven. And besides, we saw the sons of the Anakim there.”’

I bet you literally think their hearts melted.  OMG!  So they were walking zombies?

I cannot answer your questions, because you literally cannot have a discussion.  

Edited by PrehistoricMan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Coward.  Can't even answer one simple question.

[Rom 1:22 NASB20] 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,

Nothing about being a coward.  To quote Obi Won...who is more foolish?  The fool or the fool that follows him?  What possible good could come from answering you?  Are you going to think in a different way if I do?  I hightly doubt it.

The bible is not always literal.  It is historical, poetic, prophetic, moral and other things.  It is not always literal as I have shown.  If you would stop thinking that everything is literal, we might have some common ground.  But I cannot really have a discussion with someone that believes the very heavy metal of Gold can float in the sky.  

4 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Nothing about being a coward.  To quote Obi Won...who is more foolish?  The fool or the fool that follows him?  What possible good could come from answering you?  Are you going to think in a different way if I do?  I hightly doubt it.

:lol: I quote scripture and you quote a movie character.  Here is another scripture for you:

[1Pe 3:14-15 NASB20] 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE IN DREAD, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always [being] ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect;

The bible is not always literal.  It is historical, poetic, prophetic, moral and other things.  It is not always literal as I have shown.  If you would stop thinking that everything is literal, we might have some common ground.

I agree.  

But I cannot really have a discussion with someone that believes the very heavy metal of Gold can float in the sky.  

The words that you write are sometimes just amazing... You tell me to get out of the box, but here you are putting Almighty God, the Creator of Everything in that box; telling him that it is IMPOSSIBLE.  Just mind boggling. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

:lol: I quote scripture and you quote a movie character.  Here is another scripture for you:

[1Pe 3:14-15 NASB20] 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE IN DREAD, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always [being] ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect;

I agree.  

The words that you write are sometimes just amazing... You tell me to get out of the box, but here you are putting Almighty God, the Creator of Everything in that box; telling him that it is IMPOSSIBLE.  Just mind boggling. :facepalm:

First you agree that everything is not literal, then you think gold floats.  Ok...lets try to reason logically.  I will give it one more time.  If we will be spirit persons in heaven.  NOT flesh and blood...then what possible use would a street of gold have there for us?  OR perhaps John was trying to describe heaven in HUMAN terms so we could understand it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

First you agree that everything is not literal, then you think gold floats.

I didn't say anything about Gold Floating.  YOU have the problem with gold floating.  To be honest, I couldn't find the word floating and Gold anywhere in the same sentence in the Bible.  I think what you may be talking about is in Revelation 21.  But that is neither here nor there.  The real issue is you have a problem reading and understanding God's word.  I think you don't have the Holy Spirit living inside you, so therefore, you can't understand it.  But I don't know because you are unwilling to answer my questions. :shrug:

33 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

If we will be spirit persons in heaven.  NOT flesh and blood...then what possible use would a street of gold have there for us?  OR perhaps John was trying to describe heaven in HUMAN terms so we could understand it?

I never really thought about it.  Here's my take, I'd be overjoyed to make it through the Pearly Gates, I'd be surprised if I wasn't still smoking as I went through. :lol: So, none of these things really bother me as I am quite sure Heaven will be much better than anything I could imagine. :twothumbs: 

I wiill suggest to you, why would God put these things in writing if He didn't plan to see these things come to fruition?  Why would the Bible indicate Hell was eternal and then not have an eternal punishment?  Why would a Jealous God, tell His Angels to Worship Jesus?  Why would God say He would dwell among us if He had no intention of doing so?  I mean, that would make God a liar wouldn't it?  God would tell you sorry, just kidding, I can't dwell with you... 

Finally, Jesus says the scriptures testify about Him.  So, if there is anything false in the scriptures, then Jesus isn't really who He said He was and the Bible is all a lie.  If there is something in scripture I don't understand, then I won't argue with God over something I can't comprehend, but I'll make a note of it, and ask Jesus about it one day after the Judgement.  But of course, that question won't matter anymore, because I will be with Him.

[Jhn 20:29 NASB20] 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you [now] believed? Blessed [are] they who did not see, and [yet] believed."

[Mat 18:3-4 NASB20] 3 and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you change and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 "So whoever will humble himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I didn't say anything about Gold Floating.  YOU have the problem with gold floating.  To be honest, I couldn't find the word floating and Gold anywhere in the same sentence in the Bible.  I think what you may be talking about is in Revelation 21.  But that is neither here nor there.  The real issue is you have a problem reading and understanding God's word.  I think you don't have the Holy Spirit living inside you, so therefore, you can't understand it.  But I don't know because you are unwilling to answer my questions. :shrug:

I never really thought about it.  Here's my take, I'd be overjoyed to make it through the Pearly Gates, I'd be surprised if I wasn't still smoking as I went through. :lol: So, none of these things really bother me as I am quite sure Heaven will be much better than anything I could imagine. :twothumbs: 

I wiill suggest to you, why would God put these things in writing if He didn't plan to see these things come to fruition?  Why would the Bible indicate Hell was eternal and then not have an eternal punishment?  Why would a Jealous God, tell His Angels to Worship Jesus?  Why would God say He would dwell among us if He had no intention of doing so?  I mean, that would make God a liar wouldn't it?  God would tell you sorry, just kidding, I can't dwell with you... 

Finally, Jesus says the scriptures testify about Him.  So, if there is anything false in the scriptures, then Jesus isn't really who He said He was and the Bible is all a lie.  If there is something in scripture I don't understand, then I won't argue with God over something I can't comprehend, but I'll make a note of it, and ask Jesus about it one day after the Judgement.  But of course, that question won't matter anymore, because I will be with Him.

[Jhn 20:29 NASB20] 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you [now] believed? Blessed [are] they who did not see, and [yet] believed."

[Mat 18:3-4 NASB20] 3 and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you change and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 "So whoever will humble himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

You said you believe in streets of gold.  So the person that has the problem is you.  Ah, so the ole magic if you dont have the holy spirit dwelling inside you, ya cannot understand God´s word position.  That is elitiest no?

Thou shall not steal.   Does one REALLY need the holy spirit dwelling in them to not understand this verse?  It literally says dont steal.  By your logic one has to attend seminary school for countless years then drink this magic potion of holy spirit to be able to understand that verse.  Nah, I believe the Bible was written for ALL to understand.  Not some secret exclusive club.

You ask why did God put these things in writing if he wasnt planning on putting them into fruition?  AANNDDD I will go back to my original statement which you cannot seem to grasp.  The Bible is written with alot of hyperbole.  Didnt our hearts MELT when we were listening to him?  Again I ask you, did their hearts REALLY melt?  Did um, God put melting hearts into um, fruition?  You dont think God can dwell with us UNLESS he is human and walking around with us?  Um, werent you the one that said dont put limits on God?  Yet here you are doing that very thing.

Your John verse is not about him saying he is God.  It is about him saying he is the Messiah.  I ALREADY covered that.  Which goes back to my original statement again.  I dont think you are intelligent enough to understand the Bible.  You dont need a special elixer of holy spirit, you just need brain smarts.  I responded to a post with Genesis 11:1 showing you what it was really saying.  You responded that I dont think Genesis 11:1 exists.  I dont even get your logic.  How could you possilbly read into that I dont think it exists when I explained it to you.  The Earth doesnt literally speak, but the people on it do.  See what I mean by intelligence?  How you came to that conclusion is a smh moment.

Your Matthew scripture is JUST that.  Having humility.  You have none.  

I dont expect to go to heaven.  I am just fine here on the Earth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

You said you believe in streets of gold.  So the person that has the problem is you

Let me give you a lesson in basic reading.  Please quote the post where I said that.

Ah, so the ole magic if you dont have the holy spirit dwelling inside you, ya cannot understand God´s word position.  That is elitiest no?

Yep, you are either a goat or a sheep.  All these scriptures below, you must know, but evidently from what you just told me, you do not understand.  The logical conclusion is that you do not have the Holy Spirit inside you.

[Jhn 14:25-26 NASB20] 25 "These things I have spoken to you while remaining with you. 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and remind you of all that I said to you.

[1Co 2:12-14 NASB20] 12 Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God. 13 We also speak these things, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual [thoughts] with spiritual [words.] 14 But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

[1Jo 2:25-28 NASB20] 25 This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life. 26 These things I have written to you concerning those who are [trying to] deceive you. 27 And [as for] you, the anointing which you received from Him remains in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you remain in Him. 28 Now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not draw back from Him in shame at His coming.

7 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

You dont think God can dwell with us UNLESS he is human and walking around with us?  Um, werent you the one that said dont put limits on God?  Yet here you are doing that very thing.

You really do have a reading problem.  Again, you are putting words in my mouth I have NEVER said. I have said God can do ANYTHING He wants, including assuming Human Form to be with His People. 

Your John verse is not about him saying he is God.  It is about him saying he is the Messiah.  I ALREADY covered that. 

I posted the John 20:29 verse because it seems to me that you are having a hard time believing things that are written in scripture.  Where is your faith?

I dont think you are intelligent enough to understand the Bible. 

:twocents: :lol:

You responded that I dont think Genesis 11:1 exists.  I dont even get your logic.  How could you possilbly read into that I dont think it exists when I explained it to you.  The Earth doesnt literally speak, but the people on it do.  See what I mean by intelligence?  How you came to that conclusion is a smh moment.

The below is my statement:

image.png

My interpretation from that exchange was that you didn't believe the Tower of Babel Story. :facepalm: :lol:  You should have made yourself more clear. :shrug:

8 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Your Matthew scripture is JUST that.  Having humility.  You have none.  

I dont expect to go to heaven.  I am just fine here on the Earth.

You don't know me.  I am as humble as they come. :twothumbs:  I just won't let cult theology go unchallenged. 

You on the other hand, I believe are too proud to admit you will have to bend your Knee and Worship Jesus in the end.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

On 9/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, Markinsa said:

Let me give you a lesson in basic reading.  Please quote the post where I said that.

Yep, you are either a goat or a sheep.  All these scriptures below, you must know, but evidently from what you just told me, you do not understand.  The logical conclusion is that you do not have the Holy Spirit inside you.

[Jhn 14:25-26 NASB20] 25 "These things I have spoken to you while remaining with you. 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and remind you of all that I said to you.

[1Co 2:12-14 NASB20] 12 Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God. 13 We also speak these things, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual [thoughts] with spiritual [words.] 14 But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

[1Jo 2:25-28 NASB20] 25 This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life. 26 These things I have written to you concerning those who are [trying to] deceive you. 27 And [as for] you, the anointing which you received from Him remains in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you remain in Him. 28 Now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not draw back from Him in shame at His coming.

You really do have a reading problem.  Again, you are putting words in my mouth I have NEVER said. I have said God can do ANYTHING He wants, including assuming Human Form to be with His People. 

I posted the John 20:29 verse because it seems to me that you are having a hard time believing things that are written in scripture.  Where is your faith?

:twocents: :lol:

The below is my statement:

image.png

My interpretation from that exchange was that you didn't believe the Tower of Babel Story. :facepalm: :lol:  You should have made yourself more clear. :shrug:

You don't know me.  I am as humble as they come. :twothumbs:  I just won't let cult theology go unchallenged. 

You on the other hand, I believe are too proud to admit you will have to bend your Knee and Worship Jesus in the end.

Well when I said the streets of gold were not literal....you stated nothing is impossible with God.  So yes, you support streets of gold.  Otherwise you would have agreed.  But you didnt.  So I ask again...do you believe the streets of gold in heaven are literal?

I am not putting words in your mouth.  You literally said those things.  Now you know it is ludicrious and now are trying to get out of it.   

No, you are posting the john verse thinking Jesus is talking about himself being God.  He isnt.  3 times now I have covered that.

Nah, I will never worship Jesus.  Only the father is worthy of worship.  You are too proud to admit in the end that God is not a trinity.  IN fact it is maligning God to call him that.

I was clear about Gen 11;1  Like I said, you were not intelligent enough to understand my point.  You thought I said I didnt believe the tower of babel which is not even mentioned at that verse.

I would say the cult is you.  YOU are the ones that vote in politics.  Man over God.  YOU are the ones that believe in going to war.  Something God condemns.

Edited by PrehistoricMan
  • Downvote 1

Well when I said the streets of gold were not literal....you stated nothing is impossible with God.  So yes, you support system">support streets of gold.  Otherwise you would have agreed.  But you didnt.  So I ask again...do you believe the streets of gold in heaven are literal?

That's correct, I said nothing is impossible with God, but up until this post, I did not say the below.  You may have inferred that, but I DID NOT say it.  You have a reading interpretation problem.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:06 PM, PrehistoricMan said:

You said you believe in streets of gold.

do you believe the streets of gold in heaven are literal?

Yes, why is that so hard for you to believe?  God can create the Universe with a Word, but He can't make Heaven with streets of Gold?  Who has little faith?

I am not putting words in your mouth.  You literally said those things.

I'll repeat, go back and find the exact quote where I said, I believed in streets of gold.  Up until this post, I have not said that.

Now you know it is ludicrious and now are trying to get out of it.   

Not at all, My God can do all things.

[Luk 1:37 NASB20] 37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."

Nah, I will never worship Jesus.  Only the father is worthy of worship.  You are too proud to admit in the end that God is not a trinity.  IN fact it is maligning God to call him that.

OH YES YOU WILL!  With that statement above you just admitted that Jesus is God. 

[Phl 2:9-11 NLT] 9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

[Deu 32:43 NLT] 43 "Rejoice with him, you heavens, and let all of God's angels worship him. Rejoice with his people, you nations, and let all the angels be strengthened in him. For he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take revenge against his enemies. He will repay those who hate him and cleanse the land for his people."

[Heb 1:6-14 NLT] 6 And when he brought his supreme Son into the world, God said, "Let all of God's angels worship him." 7 Regarding the angels, he says, "He sends his angels like the winds, his servants like flames of fire." 8 But to the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. You rule with a scepter of justice. 9 You love justice and hate evil. Therefore, O God, your God has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else." 10 He also says to the Son, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundation of the earth and made the heavens with your hands. 11 They will perish, but you remain forever. They will wear out like old clothing. 12 You will fold them up like a cloak and discard them like old clothing. But you are always the same; you will live forever." 13 And God never said to any of the angels, "Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet." 14 Therefore, angels are only servants--spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

[1Jo 2:22-23 NLT] 22 And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. 23 Anyone who denies the Son doesn't have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

I would say the cult is you.  YOU are the ones that vote in politics.  Man over God.  YOU are the ones that believe in going to war.  Something God condemns.

[Gal 1:6-10 NLT] 6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ. 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed. 10 Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.

• Pow! 1

Right.  You inferred it.  It is the same thing.  Coming out and saying it or inferring it.  

Oh good.  FINALLY you said it.  You believe it.  So all this pussyfooting around of if you didnt or did say it is now moot.  Why play word games when ALL along you believe Gold can float?  See what I mean about the dishonesty folks?  HE fights for two pages about this and all along believes it.  I wish he would just tell the truth and NOT have to play with words.  Only someone that has no intelligence believes in literal gold in heaven.  It is hyperbole.  It is not real.  

Again wordplay.  yOu aDmItTeD jEsUs is gOd.....What utter horsecrap.  IF I think Jesus is God I will say it.  I dont hide from my words and play around like you do.  No, Jesus is NOT God.  NEver has been, never will be.

Uh oh, he got me now.  The Bible says worship so of COURSE, ole markinsa takes it literally.  Search For Bible Truths: Heb. 1:6 "All angels of God worship him" KJV

Heb. 1:6 "All angels of God worship him" KJV

"At Heb. 1:6 the KJV (and many other trinitarian translations) says: "And again, when he [the Father] bringeth in the first begotten [Jesus] into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship [proskuneo] him."

However, when we look up this scripture in the Old Testament (the trinitarian New Oxford Annotated Bible; New American Standard Bible [Ref. ed.]; and Dr. W. F. Beck [Lutheran] in his New Testament in the Language of Today [1964] all refer Heb. 1:6 to Deut. 32:43). And we find that Deut. 32:43 does not refer to the Father bringing his firstborn Son into the world and, in fact, in the Septuagint, instructs the angels to worship God (Jehovah, the Father) with no reference to Christ or the Son whatsoever.

So there is the distinct possibility that Heb. 1:6 is saying that all the angels worship the Father at that time. But even if the writer of Hebrews is saying the angels "worship" [proskuneo] the Son, it certainly doesn't have to mean "worship" in the highest sense. Even these trinitarian translations admit as much in their renderings of Heb. 1:6 - The New English Bible; Revised English Bible; New Jerusalem Bible; An American Translation, Smith-Goodspeed; Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible; The Letter to the Hebrews - The Daily Study Bible Series, Dr. William Barclay."

Worship at those verses is NOT to be taken literally.  But hey, I am having an argument with a guy that thinks gold floats, then denied it, then changed.  SO frickin dishonest of him.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

But even if the writer of Hebrews is saying the angels "worship" [proskuneo] the Son, it certainly doesn't have to mean "worship" in the highest sense.

Even the author of that satanic mess you call an explanation admits that there is a possibility that in this verse, God is allowing Angels to worship Jesus. 

[Isa 42:8 NASB20] 8 "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to idols.

I'll have more later, but while you are waiting for my reply, read this again:

[Gal 1:6-10 NLT] 6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ. 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed. 10 Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Even the author of that satanic mess you call an explanation admits that there is a possibility that in this verse, God is allowing Angels to worship Jesus. 

[Isa 42:8 NASB20] 8 "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to idols.

I'll have more later, but while you are waiting for my reply, read this again:

[Gal 1:6-10 NLT] 6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ. 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed. 10 Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.

Even this verse of Galations.   It seperates Christ and God.  And you are so blind you cannot see it.  God called people to himself THROUGH Christ.  Shouldnt it say they both called since supposedly Jesus IS God?  But yet it doesnt.  It seperates them.  

You should read it again.  Everything that is hyperbole, you read as literal and everything literal you read as hyperbole.  You dont believe Deut 6;4  God is one.  It doesnt say there that God is one in three.  Yet that is what you believe.  You dont believe Deut 6;4.

And to add...VERY lame as a mod to keep giving me reds.  IT is quite childish.

Notice also folks I havent been able to post a picture of a scripture in quite a while.  I wonder why that is?  Perhaps ole honest Markinsa um, changed the algorithms so that I cannot post a pic anymore.  Everytime I try whatever I try, always says it is too big.  

Acts 18:2828 For he vigorously refuted his Jewish opponents in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Messiah.

Notice...He proved from the scriptures that Jesus was the messiah.  WHY didnt he try to prove to the people that Jesus was God unless....he already knew that was bunk?  Another perfect opportunity wasted.  And another scripture that Mark will deny

And to add...VERY lame as a mod to keep giving me reds.

I have not given you a single downvote.  I have, however, noticed you giving yourself, for almost all of your post in this topic. an upvote. :lol: 

5 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

He is not the one giving you the rubies. 

Notice also folks I havent been able to post a picture of a scripture in quite a while.  I wonder why that is?  Perhaps ole honest Markinsa um, changed the algorithms so that I cannot post a pic anymore.  Everytime I try whatever I try, always says it is too big.  

I am a Moderator, not an Admin, I do not have the ability to change your image upload privileges.  Perhaps you have reached YOUR limit for uploading images?

If you wish to use an image, if the image is somewhere on the internet, copy the link to that image and then paste it here and it should display the image. :twothumbs:

He proved from the scriptures that Jesus was the messiah.  WHY didnt he try to prove to the people that Jesus was God unless....he already knew that was bunk?  Another perfect opportunity wasted.  And another scripture that Mark will deny

I'm terribly sorry if you think I am somehow trying to deceive you.  That is far from the truth.  I truly BELIEVE, Jesus is GOD.  Here are a few questions for you to ponder.

1. Why would God give a created being the responsibility to bear Man's sins and punishment for those sins? 

2. Why would God come to earth as a Human and then announced to the World that He is here to take away our sins?

3. Why would God(Jesus) tell Satan He was God when He was on earth to take the punishment for our sins revealing His plan?  How stupid would that be??? :lol:

OH! And this one:

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I have not given you a single downvote.  I have, however, noticed you giving yourself, for almost all of your post in this topic. an upvote. :lol: 

I am a Moderator, not an Admin, I do not have the ability to change your image upload privileges.  Perhaps you have reached YOUR limit for uploading images?

If you wish to use an image, if the image is somewhere on the internet, copy the link to that image and then paste it here and it should display the image. :twothumbs:

I'm terribly sorry if you think I am somehow trying to deceive you.  That is far from the truth.  I truly BELIEVE, Jesus is GOD.  Here are a few questions for you to ponder.

1. Why would God give a created being the responsibility to bear Man's sins and punishment for those sins? 

2. Why would God come to earth as a Human and then announced to the World that He is here to take away our sins?

3. Why would God(Jesus) tell Satan He was God when He was on earth to take the punishment for our sins revealing His plan?  How stupid would that be??? :lol:

OH! And this one:

Absolutely I give myself an upvote.  The idiot giving me the rubies is not in the debate.  You have your followers giving them to me.  I have no help here so why shouldnt I vote myself up?  Why is there a limit to uploading pics?  

Why not?  Um, why did God give angels the responsibility to be messengers?  Why does God give MAN the responsibility to spread the good news?  Again, I see YOU putting limits on God.

He didnt come to Earth.  Because Jesus is not God.

3. Why would God(Jesus) tell Satan He was God when He was on earth to take the punishment for our sins revealing His plan?  How stupid would that be??? :lol:

HE didnt tell Satan he was God.  Where is that verse at?

OH! And this one:

The Messiah.  Gods first creation.  The arcangel.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

How could you possibly know that?  Unless it is you?  And if it is you, it is quite cowardly to stay out of the debate but give rubies on the side.  

I can see who is giving the rubies and emeralds. And no, Markinsa is not directing me to give them to you. You bring that on all by yourself. 

I gave up discussing with you because of your disrespectful way you speak to members on here.

You won't answer questions when asked directly and then you go off on a tangent avoiding the question. 

Markinsa and others are far more literate on the Bible than I am. 

A debate is when two people discuss the same subject. I don't debate with people who won't stay on point. 

• Pow! 1

44 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I can see who is giving the rubies and emeralds. And no, Markinsa is not directing me to give them to you. You bring that on all by yourself. 

I gave up discussing with you because of your disrespectful way you speak to members on here.

You won't answer questions when asked directly and then you go off on a tangent avoiding the question. 

Markinsa and others are far more literate on the Bible than I am. 

A debate is when two people discuss the same subject. I don't debate with people who won't stay on point. 

You gave some to me for literally quoting the Bible on many of them.  Um, then stay out of the debate if you know nothing.  Fair?  IF I stray off point, give me an example of where I did it.  Put your money where your mouth is.  Show me where I strayed off topic.

Edited by PrehistoricMan

I know plenty of things. If Mr. Montana wants me to be quiet he will tell me. There are only 2 people I HAVE  to listen to and you are not one of them. 

Mark has been showing you all through this thread where you are off point and you keep arguing with him. You insist on name calling and childish behavior and then get mad that someone calls you on it. I guess I could just report your posts and let the mods deal with you but you keep asking for them so I will accommodate you.  It is not your bible verses that I neg, it is your condescending attitude. 

You remind me of another poster who has not been on awhile who defended the JW religion. 

• Pow! 1