Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God is opinion and doesn't care if it's name is Capitalized... or does She?

rvmydinar

17 minutes ago, utah rock said:

I'm sorry you felt like this was an argument, started a new thread in off topic if you care to continue, other wise, may your days be blessed.

I didn't feel this was an argument. I simply said Jesus instructed us to go and tell folks His Gospel and let His Holy Spirit deal with them after you've told them. Not to argue or try and convince them of what I am saying is the truth. That frees us up to keep spreading the Gospel, His story. 

If you are truly interested and have questions I am more than happy to continue our conversation in the other thread.  What's the thread?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, keylime said:

That's alright. The Bible does say through one of the Old Testament prophets " His name shall be called Emmanuel, which means God with us." And in case that was misunderstood another verse prophesies of Jesus, " He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

I believe in the Word of God. It is the " Same, yesterday, today and forever." It does not change. Even God Himself says, I am the Lord, I change not."

So I believe what God says about Himself.

Each person must stand up before God one day and give an account of what they believed. So no argument from me.

I believe what it says too.  However your examples of why you believe this to me are thin.  Over and over in the Bible God says you may not see my face and live.  Yet you believe that Jesus is God and the Immanuel meaning God is with us.  Well if God was literally in Jesus, people would be dropping dead left and right because all saw his face did they not?  The term god is with us I think doesnt necessarily mean God is with us physically.  Many people say my wife is with me, even though a persons wife has died.  It is just an expression.  The dead wife is not literally with the grieving husband.  Or some people have said I look just like my father that it is like Dad is with us.  But he isnt literally.  

If that were true, then all the other people in the Bible whose names had that same meaning (which includes all those named “Jesus,” “Joshua,” “Jeshuah,” and “Isaiah”) are also God!

It is very interesting that Joshua was originally named ‘Hoshea’ (“Salvation” - p. 303, Today’s Dictionary of the Bible, Bethany House Publ.), but Moses began to call him ‘Joshua’ (Yehoshua: ‘Jehovah is Salvation’ or ‘Jehovah the Savior’ - p. 358; “[Jehovah] Saves” - Young’s Concordance; “Jehovah Saved” - Strong’s Concordance) at a certain point. - Numbers 13:8, 16. Obviously Moses meant in no way to imply that Hoshea had become Jehovah God right? The addition of “Jehovah” to Hoshea’s name merely indicated Moses’ understanding of Hoshea’s loyalty to Jehovah (and that any salvation that might occur through the man Joshua most certainly came originally from God!)

As far as the everlasting father name, that can be for another time.  

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

It is very interesting that Joshua was originally named ‘Hoshea’ (“Salvation” - p. 303, Today’s Dictionary of the Bible, Bethany House Publ.), but Moses began to call him ‘Joshua’ (Yehoshua: ‘Jehovah is Salvation’ or ‘Jehovah the Savior’ - p. 358; “[Jehovah] Saves” - Young’s Concordance; “Jehovah Saved” - Strong’s Concordance) at a certain point. - Numbers 13:8, 16. Obviously Moses meant in no way to imply that Hoshea had become Jehovah God right? The addition of “Jehovah” to Hoshea’s name merely indicated Moses’ understanding of Hoshea’s loyalty to Jehovah (and that any salvation that might occur through the man Joshua most certainly came originally from God!)

Nice cut and paste. They even think for you too. :lol:  

• Pow! 1

2 hours ago, utah rock said:

Again sorry you seem to be so Lost but it’s not up to me it’s up to God!! Again you mock him and disrespect the one and Only True God…YES there is only one my friend but hopefully one day you will figure it out and YOU will come to know the zone and a only True God and ask God for his forgiveness!! That’s not for me or anyone else to give you so good luck with the rest of your life here on Earth it really is a short stay compared to an Eternity after!!!

I'm not lost, your attempting to impose your opinion upon me. You have chosen to believe what you believe and because I don't believe what you believe you feel I'm lost. How do you know there is only one God? How do you know you will meet said god? How do you know these things to be true? I am truly excited to be let in on this absolute knowledge you have obtained and why your truth has so many different versions of absolute truth. I am listening with open ears and a clean slate ( I know nothing, please inform me). 

It’s called Faith and the Bible that’s how I know all these things are true!!! Maybe you should pick up a Bible someday and read with some comprehension, just a friendly suggestion. I haven’t imposed any of my opinions on you I have only stated FACTS,  After that it’s up to you what you believe or not believe I am not trying to convince you of anything just responding to your questions! Again you WILL find out soon enough either way what is true or not!! Good luck with your life remaining on this Earth and I hope and pray you do find Jesus to be your Lord and Savior before it’s too late!! Goodnight….

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

Nice cut and paste. They even think for you too. :lol:  

Markinsa, with all due respect, I wasnt talking to you.  The last time a mod took issue with me I got warning points.  So I will not be responding to you.  You have the power.  I do not.  That is why it will not be a fair conversation.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

9 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

I believe what it says too.  However your examples of why you believe this to me are thin.  Over and over in the Bible God says you may not see my face and live.  Yet you believe that Jesus is God and the Immanuel meaning God is with us.  Well if God was literally in Jesus, people would be dropping dead left and right because all saw his face did they not?  The term god is with us I think doesnt necessarily mean God is with us physically.  Many people say my wife is with me, even though a persons wife has died.  It is just an expression.  The dead wife is not literally with the grieving husband.  Or some people have said I look just like my father that it is like Dad is with us.  But he isnt literally.  

If that were true, then all the other people in the Bible whose names had that same meaning (which includes all those named “Jesus,” “Joshua,” “Jeshuah,” and “Isaiah”) are also God!

As far as the everlasting father name, that can be for another time.  

You are right in that it does say anyone who sees His face, no flesh can stand before HIM. And that is one reason Jesus came in the flesh, so we could know God on our fleshly, carnal level. Again, Jesus said, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father." The names of all those in the Old Testament pointed to Jesus the Messiah and His Salvation plan. The names were God's message. He was telling His people over and over I will save you. I alone can save you. I AM God and there is no other before Me. Worship Me and Me alone because it is I who gives you life and salvation with my Strong Right Arm(Jesus).

It is a simple but amazing thing to read the Word and see Jesus come through in every book; His message of salvation, His method of Salvation, (Coming to earth as prophesied over thousands of years amongst 40 plus Prophets and fulfilling every one of the more than 300 or so prophecies right down to the very day He was to come, not only born but crucified to the very day it was prophesied.) I offer you some great videos from Rock Island Books. Simple but powerful and exact. Allow yourself to take the time to watch. They are not preachy, they are instructive and informative and extremely insightful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

13 hours ago, utah rock said:

The idea that god forgives is laughable, or that it cares about respect, lol. You forgive, you care about respect, not god. Lol, that was a joke right? Good test, how did I do?

Rich dude and his wife promise to sell their house and belongings and give it all to God. Hubby holds back a little cuz he didn't respect God, or the promise he made God. When he came before God, and God inquired of his promise to Him ... "what God I gave it all ? " God reminded him how he held back a little , stole from God . Snatched the life right out of him . Next the wife comes into the court room of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords . She began asking , "Where is my husband?" My King ask her the same as of her husband showing her how they both conspired to steal from God. A little begging , God snatched the life outa her. Believers must value and respect the things of God, give reverence to Him , worship Him, value relationship and the promises of God , and their promises to God. Anything less is considered stealing from God . A price will be paid , cuz Jesus already paid the price for our sins so we don't have to.  Your god can be god yet with a little g , and may be a she , but your God is thereby not the Lord Jesus Christ ! Therefore, via the Christian Bible and all that it teaches your God is a false God at best . Sat nam. 

Edited by new york kevin
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

Look at some of the responses...how quick condemnation and division starts...because that is the purpose of religion, to divide humanity, but it also carries with it deep emotional reactions and people get angry quickly. That should helps us understand how it has been used to condemn and divide people for thousands of years and how people always need to reinforce their beliefs and seek validation in these type of conversations.

In all due respect, not one single person can honestly claim they know with 100% certainty anything when it comes to their religious beliefs. Belief requires no evidence...that is why it is belief...truth stands upon its own evidence, no belief is required for it to be seen as truth. It doesn't need defended by threats and condemnation.

People still run to attack those who question, run to condemn those that do not believe as they do...is it any wonder humanity has been so divided all in the names of peoples gods, and the violence and bloodshed that has resulted throughout history?

I think it wise to pay attention to the following from Thomas Paine...he actually understood the dangers of religion...and how it can cause people to believe absurdities and push them to commit atrocities. History proves this without question. How about learning to treat others as you desire to be treated...that is the foundation of ALL human interaction. Humanity has still not understood this basic principle, and always appears to revert to the use of threats and condemnation to enforce their beliefs when they become desperate to validate them. Sometimes, it is very beneficial to wonder just what some people actually follow...especially when they so easily try and justify tearing others apart in the name of a god who will "torture those that do not submit"...that isn't love, it is fear based religious tyranny. Don't be fooled...THAT is what creates cruel people. Many will get angry because of my thoughts...reacting rather than listening. Not meant to demean anyone, just thoughts based upon reason and decency.

Be good to each other...always.

Threads such as this when religion enters into the discussion almost always get locked...there is a reason for that. Too many become volatile...just watch it unfold.

Thomas Paine Quote: "It is from the Bible that man has ...

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, yendor said:

God is ALWAYS upper case and never kower case....... EVER !  

Lower case gods are the false gods and will always be lower case.

Again, thank you very much for reminding me Yendor.  I already understood it. You were always right and i was always wrong about a spelling mistake and i will learn and try not to make a mistake again. I am just a humble human being and i amn't perfect a human being who always make a mistake. I can't count how many mistakes i have been doing in my whole life. Again, i am really sorry about spelling mistake. Case closed. Back to dinar.

• Thanks 1

Jim1cor13 : some false preacher of some false religion must have hurt you immensely.  If they were "christian" , they were not a real follower of Jesus Christ, thats for sho . The Christian Bible never teaches cruelty to anyone . The bible has examples of how others in political power or politically connected faiths victimized Christian merely because of their faith in Jesus the Christ . The devil in flowing robes, seated in high places, comes to kill, steal, and destroy . Laying the blame for his deceptive actions on God . You cannot show me one example in the bible where Jesus taught such trash as you are mentioning . Jesus Christ came to change you and me and the world by dying on the cross to pay the price for our sins so we won't have to. He will show us what we are doing wrong, or what was done wrong to us . Then he will show us how through Him we can have those ties to lies broken off . How we can cut deep soul ties off that connected us to the lies and perpetrators that victimized us . Yet, He will never force you to accept Him. He may show you what you seek, what was wrong verses what is right . Then He will let you exercise your free will to believe or not . Those who choose not to believe or live according to His teachings,  simply cannot partake in the benefits of a life with God in heaven. It's like He will lead the horse to water, but He won't make him drink . Took me 27 years till I started listening, though parts of my walk are still up hill at times its easier. Less scary,  because He is with me protecting me, and helping me along the way .

Edited by new york kevin
  • Like 1
  • Pow! 2

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

With all due respect, this is a public forum. Don't post in public if you don't want what you post to be evaluated by others.

But it is uneven.  You have the power to ban if you see something you dont like.  I do not have that power.  So it is technically not a public forum.  Not when you hold all the cards.  When there is the threat of punishment, Discussion cannot freely take place.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Look at some of the responses...how quick condemnation and division starts...because that is the purpose of religion, to divide humanity, but it also carries with it deep emotional reactions and people get angry quickly. That should helps us understand how it has been used to condemn and divide people for thousands of years and how people always need to reinforce their beliefs and seek validation in these type of conversations.

In all due respect, not one single person can honestly claim they know with 100% certainty anything when it comes to their religious beliefs. Belief requires no evidence...that is why it is belief...truth stands upon its own evidence, no belief is required for it to be seen as truth. It doesn't need defended by threats and condemnation.

People still run to attack those who question, run to condemn those that do not believe as they do...is it any wonder humanity has been so divided all in the names of peoples gods, and the violence and bloodshed that has resulted throughout history?

I think it wise to pay attention to the following from Thomas Paine...he actually understood the dangers of religion...and how it can cause people to believe absurdities and push them to commit atrocities. History proves this without question. How about learning to treat others as you desire to be treated...that is the foundation of ALL human interaction. Humanity has still not understood this basic principle, and always appears to revert to the use of threats and condemnation to enforce their beliefs when they become desperate to validate them. Sometimes, it is very beneficial to wonder just what some people actually follow...especially when they so easily try and justify tearing others apart in the name of a god who will "torture those that do not submit"...that isn't love, it is fear based religious tyranny. Don't be fooled...THAT is what creates cruel people. Many will get angry because of my thoughts...reacting rather than listening. Not meant to demean anyone, just thoughts based upon reason and decency.

Threads such as this when religion enters into the discussion almost always get locked...there is a reason for that. Too many become volatile...just watch it unfold.

If so that why, though prayer, and then hearing God's answer was my wife healed of stage 2b uterine cancer . By our having faith in God's word . Why from being available for God to work through me , did God give a devine utterance to a 15 yr Vet, now former Marine that he would be healed of stage 4 lymphoma. This former Marine, who had 2 tours in Iraq  and Afghanistan , had literally just started chemo. He went back to his Dr's . After extended testing and retesting, they came back and said "We cannot explain it . We know the testing we made that verified this cancer in you. What little chemo you've had couldn't have done this. But we cannot find any cancer in you anywhere at all." Subsequent, retesting documented this verification . No threat did that . Simple faith did that. Faith in this Marines personal relationship with God , faith in the word of God . Do this and you will get that, don't do this you won't get that, but rest assured the one true God will never make you choose Him over anything you choose to hold onto. That's what false preachers, prophets and religions will do. Even those false churches that claim to be Christian .

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

27 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

But it is uneven.  You have the power to ban if you see something you dont like.  I do not have that power.  So it is technically not a public forum.  Not when you hold all the cards.  When there is the threat of punishment, Discussion cannot freely take place.  

Where is there a threat of any kind in her words . So we all know she is a Moderator.  So what.  All she said was if you cannot accept feed back from folks on this site then don't t comment on this web site . She didn't  say yada yada and your privileges to post will be suspended. So far, it's all be an adult conversation between folks who may or may not see eye to eye. I know you don't believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior based on the trash you have posted ... ok . But people filling in some of the apparent blanks for you, so you can see and understand a little more than you do now about Christ, that ain't a bad thing either . Free speach is a 2 way street .

Edited by new york kevin
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Markinsa is a girl????  :confused2:  or did NYK slip an s in there by mistake???? 😄

@new york kevin No, I'm not a girl. "Mark IN San Antonio".  :lol:

1 hour ago, PrehistoricMan said:

What Public Forum have you gone to that doesn't have a moderator? 

I do not ban people for disagreeing with what I say.  I'm here to enforce the Form Rules.  If I banned people for disagreeing with me, there would only be a few of us left. :lol:  I've been here for a long time, and there are people on here, since I joined 10+ years ago, that definitely do not believe the way I do, but they're still here. 

And to make you feel better, I tend not to moderate the Topic's I am actively participating in.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

With all due respect. I can with 100 percent certainty know that Jesus is the only way, the only truth, and the only life. I died, I walked with Him, we had some laughs, and He sent me back. My relationship with Him is everyday. Constant, personal, loving, corrective, like an awesome loving parent would be. 

You cannot say with 100 percent, nor can anyone else who doesn't really know Jesus. 

I don't judge you or condemn you. Jesus did not come to condemn the world but that He might save it. 

When God pulls the plug on this period of time we are in, known as the Time of the Gentiles, and the 7 year tribulation ends, then all unbelievers will stand before Jesus and be judged  by their own hearts and sins. 

It doesn't matter whether someone accepts or believes it. But they will then, and the Bible says, at that point, "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of the Father," and then they will be eternally separated from their very creator whom they rejected.

End of story. 100 percent truth.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

18 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

It’s called Faith and the Bible that’s how I know all these things are true!!! Maybe you should pick up a Bible someday and read with some comprehension, just a friendly suggestion. I haven’t imposed any of my opinions on you I have only stated FACTS,  After that it’s up to you what you believe or not believe I am not trying to convince you of anything just responding to your questions! Again you WILL find out soon enough either way what is true or not!! Good luck with your life remaining on this Earth and I hope and pray you do find Jesus to be your Lord and Savior before it’s too late!! Goodnight….

You don’t know they are true, you have faith that they are true, that is not the same. You have chosen a belief and have fait that you are correct, which is great and a very positive way to live one’s life, but by no means does that make it true. Others have the same faith in their ideology and it is just as true for them as it is for you. 
The Bible has been misunderstood and miss used for centuries and more to the point it is not the end all in religious ideology. I understand you place your faith there but not everyone does for a verity of reasons. 
You might believe in one version or interpretation of the book and someone else may believe in a different interpretation of the very same rendition, who is correct for they both have faith that their belief is the correct one. You have stated facts about your belief system but they are not facts, they are your opinion. 

4 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Where is there a threat of any kind in her words . So we all know she is a Moderator.  So what.  All she said was if you cannot accept feed back from folks on this site then don't t comment on this web site . She didn't  say yada yada and your privileges to post will be suspended. So far, it's all be an adult conversation between folks who may or may not see eye to eye. I know you don't believe in Christ as your Lord and Savior based on the trash you have posted ... ok . But people filling in some of the apparent blanks for you, so you can see and understand a little more than you do now about Christ, that ain't a bad thing either . Free speach is a 2 way street .

What was the trash I posted?  Please be specific.  If you cannot then you need to apologize.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Jim1cor13 : some false preacher of some false religion must have hurt you immensely.  If they were "christian" , they were not a real follower of Jesus Christ, thats for sho . The Christian Bible never teaches cruelty to anyone . The bible has examples of how others in political power or politically connected faiths victimized Christian merely because of their faith in Jesus the Christ . The devil in flowing robes, seated in high places, comes to kill, steal, and destroy . Laying the blame for his deceptive actions on God . You cannot show me one example in the bible where Jesus taught such trash as you are mentioning . Jesus Christ came to change you and me and the world by dying on the cross to pay the price for our sins so we won't have to. He will show us what we are doing wrong, or what was done wrong to us . Then he will show us how through Him we can have those ties to lies broken off . How we can cut deep soul ties off that connected us to the lies and perpetrators that victimized us . Yet, He will never force you to accept Him. He may show you what you seek, what was wrong verses what is right . Then He will let you exercise your free will to believe or not . Those who choose not to believe or live according to His teachings,  simply cannot partake in the benefits of a life with God in heaven. It's like He will lead the horse to water, but He won't make him drink . Took me 27 years till I started listening, though parts of my walk are still up hill at times its easier. Less scary,  because He is with me protecting me, and helping me along the way .

Beautiful my brother. Keep walking the awesome walk right into eternity and I will fo sho see you there!

:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, new york kevin said:

If so that why, though prayer, and then hearing God's answer was my wife healed of stage 2b uterine cancer . By our having faith in God's word . Why from being available for God to work through me , did God give a devine utterance to a 15 yr Vet, now former Marine that he would be healed of stage 4 lymphoma. This former Marine, who had 2 tours in Iraq  and Afghanistan , had literally just started chemo. He went back to his Dr's . After extended testing and retesting, they came back and said "We cannot explain it . We know the testing we made that verified this cancer in you. What little chemo you've had couldn't have done this. But we cannot find any cancer in you anywhere at all." Subsequent, retesting documented this verification . No threat did that . Simple faith did that. Faith in this Marines personal relationship with God , faith in the word of God . Do this and you will get that, don't do this you won't get that, but rest assured the one true God will never make you choose Him over anything you choose to hold onto. That's what false preachers, prophets and religions will do. Even those false churches that claim to be Christian .

Kevin, I am thrilled to hear this in regards to your wife.

Similar situation here. My wife was diagnosed with stage 2B cervical cancer in 2015...she had a tumor the size of a grapefruit with massive blood loss and nearly died a few times during treatment.

Somehow, she came through it and after 6 years she is doing awesome. She takes supplements, and shortly after her treatment she began taking CBD oil and continues to do so the last 5 years.

I prayed for her...but never begged. I told "god" if I had to beg for her life, then take mine, because that would just make him a monster. I was very angry, at several things at the time. That she was sick and suffering, and the suffering I witnessed in other sick people. It changed my life and I found compassion for others, no matter what they believed or thought, it was heartbreaking to see it, not just with my wife, but in so many others in the oncology unit as well as radiology.

Her recovery was "miraculous" also...after having so much radiation and after almost dying after her 5th chemo treatment, her wise radiologist told her to stop all chemo...he wanted her off it before he began her cervical radiology. She was burned so badly by the first 6 weeks of radiation she rec'd locally, it was just so sad.

Then she finished with her cervical brachytherapy and her recovery was amazing. Was it "god"? I have no evidence of that, although I did pray for her, I could not take credit away from her doctors.

How could I claim "god" intervened with her, when I saw so many others so sick and dying, and so many praying for their loved ones with seemingly no result? It made no sense to me then or now, but I am very grateful she is doing so well. I cannot prove anything else, and I know too many that lost their loved ones and I have no explanation for them other than time can heal but the wound never goes away.

I did have a bad experience for years within the church...people that were only your friend if you agreed with them...I saw things and manipulation within the church I could write a book about. Corruption, lies and mental manipulation while they praised their god.

So yes, I was hurt...I spent many years observing and I would not turn a blind eye to some things I witnessed. I lost friends because I walked away from it all...they were hypocrites but we all are to some degree I guess.

It was liberating to walk away for me and stop living in fear. I loved those folks, and everything was great...until I disagreed with their beliefs and tactics. I also saw some pushed towards mental illness during my years there. I witnessed an "exorcism" done on a fellow...it made me sick to see how they treated him...he actually went on to have to be institutionalized. When someone claims another has "demons"...then goes through the motions, and are still sick...some never recover from that claim, understandably.

This fellow didn't, and if something did not work after the church "elders" prayed for them, it was easy just to blame the person...or "lack of faith". That IS cruelty and I saw what it did to people. This was a "full gospel" church..and as a young man I swallowed everything i was taught...until it no longer made sense. I stood up against the mind rape, and let them know I was not going to play the game any longer.

When I dared to question some of their beliefs...it did not take long to feel the coldness that came from some of them. I knew I had to get out and I did. They just wanted me to agree and not question...that doesn't work with me.

So before anyone judges me, learn a little of where I have come from and the suffering I have seen. Everyone is free to believe what they want...what matters to me most now is how people treat others...and how they control their words and actions towards others...otherwise their bible tells them their religion is in vain.

I wish more people understood that, but they tend to condemn others if they do not agree  with them. I support freedom of religion AND freedom from religion. I do not care if someone worships ice cubes...just do not claim I must also do that in order to be saved from some kind of sadistic torture. That is cruel in my opinion.

Some people are just nasty, and some of those people became that way from their religion. I have seen it so many times over the years, it is tragic in my opinion. I tend to stay clear of them, and some still think "god" hates me for walking away. I will leave them to their own delusions. I had one woman tell my ex-wife that "god" was going to KILL ME if I did not get back together with her. This woman knew nothing about my ex wifes cheating and lying...or anything going on in our lives at the time way back in the 1980's. Talk about a twisted person.

No thanks...I'll keep treating others with decency, I have nothing to sell them other than decency.

Thank you for sharing about your wife...I am so glad to hear that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Kevin, I am thrilled to hear this in regards to your wife.

Similar situation here. My wife was diagnosed with stage 2B cervical cancer in 2015...she had a tumor the size of a grapefruit with massive blood loss and nearly died a few times during treatment.

Somehow, she came through it and after 6 years she is doing awesome. She takes supplements, and shortly after her treatment she began taking CBD oil and continues to do so the last 5 years.

I prayed for her...but never begged. I told "god" if I had to beg for her life, then take mine, because that would just make him a monster. I was very angry, at several things at the time. That she was sick and suffering, and the suffering I witnessed in other sick people. It changed my life and I found compassion for others, no matter what they believed or thought, it was heartbreaking to see it, not just with my wife, but in so many others in the oncology unit as well as radiology.

Her recovery was "miraculous" also...after having so much radiation and after almost dying after her 5th chemo treatment, her wise radiologist told her to stop all chemo...he wanted her off it before he began her cervical radiology. She was burned so badly by the first 6 weeks of radiation she rec'd locally, it was just so sad.

Then she finished with her cervical brachytherapy and her recovery was amazing. Was it "god"? I have no evidence of that, although I did pray for her, I could not take credit away from her doctors.

How could I claim "god" intervened with her, when I saw so many others so sick and dying, and so many praying for their loved ones with seemingly no result? It made no sense to me then or now, but I am very grateful she is doing so well. I cannot prove anything else, and I know too many that lost their loved ones and I have no explanation for them other than time can heal but the wound never goes away.

I did have a bad experience for years within the church...people that were only your friend if you agreed with them...I saw things and manipulation within the church I could write a book about. Corruption, lies and mental manipulation while they praised their god.

So yes, I was hurt...I spent many years observing and I would not turn a blind eye to some things I witnessed. I lost friends because I walked away from it all...they were hypocrites but we all are to some degree I guess.

It was liberating to walk away for me and stop living in fear. I loved those folks, and everything was great...until I disagreed with their beliefs and tactics. I also saw some pushed towards mental illness during my years there. I witnessed an "exorcism" done on a fellow...it made me sick to see how they treated him...he actually went on to have to be institutionalized. When someone claims another has "demons"...then goes through the motions, and are still sick...some never recover from that claim, understandably.

This fellow didn't, and if something did not work after the church "elders" prayed for them, it was easy just to blame the person...or "lack of faith". That IS cruelty and I saw what it did to people. This was a "full gospel" church..and as a young man I swallowed everything i was taught...until it no longer made sense. I stood up against the mind rape, and let them know I was not going to play the game any longer.

When I dared to question some of their beliefs...it did not take long to feel the coldness that came from some of them. I knew I had to get out and I did. They just wanted me to agree and not question...that doesn't work with me.

So before anyone judges me, learn a little of where I have come from and the suffering I have seen. Everyone is free to believe what they want...what matters to me most now is how people treat others...and how they control their words and actions towards others...otherwise their bible tells them their religion is in vain.

I wish more people understood that, but they tend to condemn others if they do not agree  with them. I support system" rel="">support freedom of religion AND freedom from religion. I do not care if someone worships ice cubes...just do not claim I must also do that in order to be saved from some kind of sadistic torture. That is cruel in my opinion.

Some people are just nasty, and some of those people became that way from their religion. I have seen it so many times over the years, it is tragic in my opinion. I tend to stay clear of them, and some still think "god" hates me for walking away. I will leave them to their own delusions. I had one woman tell my ex-wife that "god" was going to KILL ME if I did not get back together with her. This woman knew nothing about my ex wifes cheating and lying...or anything going on in our lives at the time way back in the 1980's. Talk about a twisted person.

No thanks...I'll keep treating others with decency, I have nothing to sell them other than decency.

God never intended us to be religious. He wants to have a personal friendship with us. Abraham was called a Friend of God. We were always intended to be a part of His family but the devil got in and religion was created to not only control people but to get others to reject God because of it. 

God loves all of us because He is love. He is also Holy and Righteous and knew the only way we could be with Him is through His Son Jesus. Not ceremony and religious crap. Jesus butted heads with the religious leaders because as He said, they were of their father, the devil, making their disciples twice the sons of hell as they were.

The blind leading the blind.

Jesus says "I stand at the door of your heart and knock, longing to come in and sup with you."

Jesus longs to just be friends with us. When your friend is Jesus there are no rules to live by because He creates in you a clean heart and His Holy Spirit guides you into all truth, and into a right way of living. 

God the Father says, I predestined you to be conformed to the image of my son, Jesus. That's who all of us are meant to be like. And it doesn't come from any religion. It comes from a personal relationship and friendship.

Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Jim1cor13 . I am sorry about your pain suffered at the hands of the church,  it was a prophetic utterence when I mentioned that. Which means God spoke it to you directly , I was just the transistor that got it to you. I feel your heart ache and pain, and I understand walking away from church. You may have walked away, but God's Holy Spirit has been with you all along . He will never forsake you . Where to start ? Healings, some in the church are called to Minister, some to Evangelize, other to healings and or prophetic, others still to do the maintanance . All important to Gods plan . No one i ferior to the other. Each person has a calling in the church.  You would think Pastors

know how to heal , some only to a degree. Then their humaness come out, when the person isn't healed . This could be because they were called to Pastor not called into a Healing ministry. And so on . There is a man in our church, small in stature, he has a international healing ministry , mostly travels to South America. He hears the Holy Spirit say as he walks past strangers, God is healing their pancreas,  stuff like that alot. I went to Him to ask about his next missions trip once, before I spoke he said "no I don't know why my first wife died of cancer and God didn't use me to heal her. That's a mystery of God for that why not, and is between you and the Father . I would never presume to ask such a thing . To myself I was thinking it just may have been her planned time . I couldn't  get off work so I didn't make that next trip with him. Inadvertantly he taught me that regardless of the answer, love God still anyway. 

Another lesson is God has many houses . You may have heard  the biblical instruction, when you enter a house in My name, and you are not accepted, turn around and leave, remembering to shake off the dust of the house from your sandles first. This dust can be the junk that house holds onto. Since God has many houses, ask Him to find one you can go and be fed at . The church I attend is 45-50 minutes from my house, because it's that good. It flows in the gifts of the Holy Spirit in a 5 Fold No is try sort of way . Some Pastors do not know how to contend for ones healing. Remember Jesus telling some flustered Apostles , that some demons only come out through prayer and fasting . So, so much more so little time, such a small space to type it .  God does not kill, steal or destroy,  such things are Satan's relm. God sent His Son to gove life that we might live it abundantly . God still loves you . He has a place for you and he is holding that spot for you . If He calls you, and you hear Him I pray you listen. When you find yourself over your head and about to drown, call on Him . Take care and God bless .

• Upvote 2