Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God is opinion and doesn't care if it's name is Capitalized... or does She?

rvmydinar

38 minutes ago, yendor said:

Can we really  expect to wake up one morning and find that our Dinar is worth $3.21 

Anything is possible. Who knows god will perform a miracle any day before the election. I can live with 10 cents or 1:1 or $3.21. Again, we can only hope because this is iraq we are talking about.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rvmydinar said:

Thanks for reminding me yendor.

God is ALWAYS upper case and never kower case....... EVER !  

Lower case gods are the false gods and will always be lower case.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 5

31 minutes ago, yendor said:

Good to see someone say this.  

John 1:1

• 1808: "and the Word was a god" – Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in an Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text, London.
  • 1822: "and the Word was a god" – The New Testament in Greek and English (A. Kneeland, 1822.)
  • 1829: "and the Word was a god" – The Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists (J. S. Thompson, 1829)
  • 1863: "and the Word was a god" – A Literal Translation of the New Testament (Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of Frederick Parker], 1863)
  • 1864: "and a god was the Word" – The Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London (left hand column interlinear reading)
  • 1879: "and the Word was a god" – Das Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker, 1979)

• 1958: "and the Word was a god" – The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Anointed (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);
  • 1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word" – Das Evangelium nach Johnnes, by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen, Germany

1975: "and the Word was a god" – Das Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz, 1975);

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

46 minutes ago, yendor said:

Being a little tough on him for a spelling mistake are you not @yendor ? Not everyone is devoted at the same level. Were all different.

He gave you a polite response when you pointed it out. Was this not enough to satisfy you here in the rumor section ?

Just thought I'd mention this as rvmydinar seems like a good poster, never trying to be argumentative with anyone.

JMHO,   pp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 4

1 hour ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Good to see someone say this.  

• 1808: "and the Word was a god" – Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in an Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text, London.
  • 1822: "and the Word was a god" – The New Testament in Greek and English (A. Kneeland, 1822.)
  • 1829: "and the Word was a god" – The Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists (J. S. Thompson, 1829)
  • 1863: "and the Word was a god" – A Literal Translation of the New Testament (Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of Frederick Parker], 1863)
  • 1864: "and a god was the Word" – The Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London (left hand column interlinear reading)
  • 1879: "and the Word was a god" – Das Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker, 1979)

• 1958: "and the Word was a god" – The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Anointed (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);
  • 1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word" – Das Evangelium nach Johnnes, by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen, Germany

1975: "and the Word was a god" – Das Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz, 1975);

Big G or little g for me is an indication of one's respect for the Almighty if referring to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. 

And that will definitely be between that person and God when their time comes.

I know who my Maker, my Savior and my Best Friend is and I will always show Him(Them) the respect they deserve. In fact it is my utmost pleasure to show it. 

This from the King James Version:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Any translation that doesn't show that same respect I wouldn't waste my time reading because the translators don't know who God actually is. So it is as the Bible says, they are "Always learning but never knowing the truth."

It is all head knowledge and zero heart knowledge.

• Upvote 5
  • Pow! 3

16 minutes ago, keylime said:

Big G or little g for me is an indication of one's respect for the Almighty if referring to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. 

I know who my Maker, my Savior and my Best Friend is and I will always show Him(Them) the respect they deserve. In fact it is my utmost pleasure to show it. 

Any translation that doesn't show that same respect I wouldn't waste my time reading because the translators don't know who God actually is. So it is as the Bible says, they are "Always learning but never knowing the truth."

The idea that anyone knows god or that any one idea of God is the correct one is silly. Anything you think you know to be truth is only true from a human perspective and and doesn’t come close to actual reality. It’s when people start saying things like what is being said in this thread that crimes against humanity turn into righteousness and good people do what people in the west would call” the devils “ work. The religious right in this country (America) is just as scary, if not more so, than the taliban ( not capitalized because they deserve zero respect and are far from proper). 
I live in a country that is free, which means I will spell god how ever I want and any who ever has issue with it can go straight back to the hole they crawled out of, or not I actually don’t care, lol. May god be with you all, xoxo

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, utah rock said:

The idea that anyone knows god or that any one idea of God is the correct one is silly. Anything you think you know to be truth is only true from a human perspective and and doesn’t come close to actual reality. It’s when people start saying things like what is being said in this thread that crimes against humanity turn into righteousness and good people do what people in the west would call” the devils “ work. The religious right in this country (America) is just as scary, if not more so, than the taliban ( not capitalized because they deserve zero respect and are far from proper). 
I live in a country that is free, which means I will spell god how ever I want and any who ever has issue with it can go straight back to the hole they crawled out of, or not I actually don’t care, lol. May god be with you all, xoxo

Sorry you seem to be so Lost!!! May God forgive you for not showing the respect he Deserves!!! Has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with you living in a free country whatsoever …But my guess is the only one that will be crawling out of a hole asking for forgiveness is you once your day comes to meet God, maybe then you will care!!! lol…May God be with you all as well!!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

1 hour ago, utah rock said:

To say that I don't know God comes from complete ignorance. It is completely arrogant to even think you can judge a person's relationship with God. Just because you don't have a relationship with Him does not negate my relationship with Him, nor does it determine He doesn't exist. I have a personal relationship with Him that unless you have a relationship with Him you can neither know or understand it nor experience what I know to be the truth. He is as real to me as any of my family and friends. In fact, I am closer to Jesus, Holy Spirit who lives in me, and is always with me, and whom I coverse (meaning He talks with me) with every single day of my life. He is my constant help, and companion. I love Him so much I couldn't live, nor would I live or want to live without Him.  And the danger is not knowing Him. Because a person who truly knows Jesus is as loving and caring as Jesus. We neither condemn nor demand others to believe as we do. I simply do what Jesus said. Share the Good News(the Gospel) with others and live my life as an example of God's unconditional love. It is up to Holy Spirit to convince and convict the person I share with. Reject or not is between them and God. Not me. 

• Like 1
  • Pow! 5

2 hours ago, utah rock said:

And by the way I died from a car accident and walked with my Jesus before He sent me back. And that was after I'd already known Him as my best friend. So you know nothing of my Lord and Savior. But I truly pray one day you do. You will never know the kind of love that He loves you with, ever, until you know Him.

• Like 1
  • Pow! 4

38 minutes ago, keylime said:

And by the way I died from a car accident and walked with my Jesus before He sent me back. And that was after I'd already known Him as my best friend. So you know nothing of my Lord and Savior. But I truly pray one day you do. You will never know the kind of love that He loves you with, ever, until you know Him.

Okay, you have a relationship with your god, but what about all those other, just as devoted worshippers that believe in a different God? Are they wrong and there is only one true GOD? I have a relationship with a higher power but I would never tell someone that what I believe is the only and true way to believe. 

I believe I know about the ideas that Jesus brought to all of us and I understand it better and better every day. I live my life with and through love and I know that the higher power resides inside all of us, myself included. I might surprise you with my understanding and even there, I know that I know nothing and try my hardest not to cling onto any one idea to hard. 

I do see where I have offended you and I'm sorry, my point was more to say; we all have beliefs about religion and it's dangerous to present as though we have supreme knowledge and that others need to think in a certain way. I truly should NOT have quoted you and just responded to this thread and am sorry for singling you out, that was an accident and a mistake, I am truly sorry about that. I honestly realized my error right after posting my thought. Truly sorry for quoting you, it was meant to address the portion of the tread dealing with telling people what they can and can not do when talking about theoretical concepts. 

Again, sorry, I have nothing against you personally and I should not have quoted you.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

Sorry you seem to be so Lost!!! May God forgive you for not showing the respect he Deserves!!! Has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with you living in a free country whatsoever …But my guess is the only one that will be crawling out of a hole asking for forgiveness is you once your day comes to meet God, maybe then you will care!!! lol…May God be with you all as well!!!

The idea that god forgives is laughable, or that it cares about respect, lol. You forgive, you care about respect, not god. Lol, that was a joke right? Good test, how did I do?

• Downvote 3

If God does not forgive then we are all in trouble. 

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have asinned, and come short of the glory of God; ... Nay: but by the law of faith.

He deserves our respect of our love for Him.

• Pow! 1

29 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

If God does not forgive then we are all in trouble. 

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have asinned, and come short of the glory of God; ... Nay: but by the law of faith.

He deserves our respect of our love for Him.

That is wonderful but that again is only a human perspective and an extremely old one at that. Than you for presenting it to me though. Is god a man? Does he live among the clouds? All things are made in gods image, from the turtle, to the tree, to the people that run around doing what they believe to be it's work. Know one knows the truth and because you show true conviction does not mean you are correct. The human perspective is an ever changing and extremely limited one and that includes all religious doctrine, including the bible, does not matter which version your are operating from.

Okay, you have a relationship with your god, but what about all those other, just as devoted worshippers that believe in a different God? Are they wrong and there is only one true GOD? I have a relationship with a higher power but I would never tell someone that what I believe is the only and true way to believe. 

I believe I know about the ideas that Jesus brought to all of us and I understand it better and better every day. I live my life with and through love and I know that the higher power resides inside all of us, myself included. I might surprise you with my understanding and even there, I know that I know nothing and try my hardest not to cling onto any one idea to hard. 

I do see where I have offended you and I'm sorry, my point was more to say; we all have beliefs about religion and it's dangerous to present as though we have supreme knowledge and that others need to think in a certain way. I truly should NOT have quoted you and just responded to this thread and am sorry for singling you out, that was an accident and a mistake, I am truly sorry about that. I honestly realized my error right after posting my thought. Truly sorry for quoting you, it was meant to address the portion of the tread dealing with telling people what they can and can not do when talking about theoretical concepts. 

Again, sorry, I have nothing against you personally and I should not have quoted you.  

No apologies necessary. You didn't offend me, but I must stand up for my King and Lord. Jesus said "If you deny Me before man, I will deny you before my Father."

However, I will answer your question of whether the ones who worship any god other than the one true God with the Words of Jesus who said of Himself " I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. NO MAN can come to the Father but through Me." And then added " I and the Father are One." This statement was considered heretical and blasphemous by the"religious" Jewish sects and they sought to kill Jesus for it. So they did not misunderstand what He was saying.

Jesus made it plain so no one can mistake it. HE is the only way to God and HE is God, and One with the Father. Jesus is not a liar, nor was He crazy. 

So either He is who He says He is, which He proved with the miracles He performed, or He was a total nut case. Which He would be an unbelievable nutcase who can raise the dead, heal the blind, deaf, dumb, lame, leper, etc. and feed thousands with a few fish and a loaf of bread. 

So Jesus did not just present nice ideas to live by. He showed the world who God really is by pointing to Himself when He told His disciples "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father."

So a person has to come to grips with the problem of Jesus, Himself and what He said about Himself, and decide whether, like the Pharisees at the time, to completely reject Him or like His disciples and Paul after them, to accept Him. Because Jesus wasn't just some nice man saying profound things to live by. He was God in the flesh who "dwelt among us" and died and rose from the dead, defeating death, hell, and the grave for every person who ever lived so they too could "be with the Father" in heaven. 

No there is no other god and no other way.

7 minutes ago, keylime said:

No apologies necessary. You didn't offend me, but I must stand up for my King and Lord. Jesus said "If you deny Me before man, I will deny you before my Father."

However, I will answer your question of whether the ones who worship any god other than the one true God with the Words of Jesus who said of Himself " I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. NO MAN can come to the Father but through Me." And then added " I and the Father are One." This statement was considered heretical and blasphemous by the"religious" Jewish sects and they sought to kill Jesus for it. So they did not misunderstand what He was saying.

Jesus made it plain so no one can mistake it. HE is the only way to God and HE is God, and One with the Father. Jesus is not a liar, nor was He crazy. 

So either He is who He says He is, which He proved with the miracles He performed, or He was a total nut case. Which He would be an unbelievable nutcase who can raise the dead, heal the blind, deaf, dumb, lame, leper, etc. and feed thousands with a few fish and a loaf of bread. 

So Jesus did not just present nice ideas to live by. He showed the world who God really is by pointing to Himself when He told His disciples "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father."

So a person has to come to grips with the problem of Jesus, Himself and what He said about Himself, and decide whether, like the Pharisees at the time, to completely reject Him or like His disciples and Paul after them, to accept Him. Because Jesus wasn't just some nice man saying profound things to live by. He was God in the flesh who "dwelt among us" and died and rose from the dead, defeating death, hell, and the grave for every person who ever lived so they too could "be with the Father" in heaven. 

No there is no other god and no other way.

I will stop here, there is a lot to unfold there and many have interpreted the message differently. This is so off topic I will let it go and agree to disagree. If you would like to continue this conversation I would love to but feel we should move it to one of the forums way down the way on the home page. I will leave you with this, if we want to pick it up on a different thread. When one creates good they automatically create bad and if you create what you believe to be bad you have judgment and if you are living with judgment how can you live through love. 

The idea that god forgives is laughable, or that it cares about respect, lol. You forgive, you care about respect, not god. Lol, that was a joke right? Good test, how did I do?

Again sorry you seem to be so Lost but it’s not up to me it’s up to God!! Again you mock him and disrespect the one and Only True God…YES there is only one my friend but hopefully one day you will figure it out and YOU will come to know the zone and a only True God and ask God for his forgiveness!! That’s not for me or anyone else to give you so good luck with the rest of your life here on Earth it really is a short stay compared to an Eternity after!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

Again sorry you seem to be so Lost but it’s not up to me it’s up to God!! Again you mock him and disrespect the one and Only True God…YES there is only one my friend but hopefully one day you will figure it out and YOU will come to know the zone and a only True God and ask God for his forgiveness!! That’s not for me or anyone else to give you so good luck with the rest of your life here on Earth it really is a short stay compared to an Eternity after!!!

Starting a new tread in off topic, if you would like to expand thought...

• Like 1

I'm not lost, your attempting to impose your opinion upon me. You have chosen to believe what you believe and because I don't believe what you believe you feel I'm lost. How do you know there is only one God? How do you know you will meet said god? How do you know these things to be true? I am truly excited to be let in on this absolute knowledge you have obtained and why your truth has so many different versions of absolute truth. I am listening with open ears and a clean slate ( I know nothing, please inform me). 

5 hours ago, keylime said:

Well I dont believe like you do.  I dont believe Jesus is God.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

17 minutes ago, utah rock said:

I will stop here, there is a lot to unfold there and many have interpreted the message differently. This is so off topic I will let it go and agree to disagree. If you would like to continue this conversation I would love to but feel we should move it to one of the forums way down the way on the home page. I will leave you with this, if we want to pick it up on a different thread. When one creates good they automatically create bad and if you create what you believe to be bad you have judgment and if you are living with judgment how can you live through love. 

No problem. We can let it be. Jesus also instructed us if we tell someone the truth of His Gospel and they reject it to"shake the dust off your sandals and keep on moving." So now I leave it up to Him. That's the beauty of Him saying " Go and tell..." Not argue and convince. 

I do pray you one day get to know Jesus like I do. 

:)

• Like 1
  • Pow! 2

4 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Well I dont believe like you do.  I dont believe Jesus is God.  

That's alright. The Bible does say through one of the Old Testament prophets " His name shall be called Emmanuel, which means God with us." And in case that was misunderstood another verse prophesies of Jesus, " He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

I believe in the Word of God. It is the " Same, yesterday, today and forever." It does not change. Even God Himself says, I am the Lord, I change not."

So I believe what God says about Himself.

Each person must stand up before God one day and give an account of what they believed. So no argument from me.

• Like 1
  • Pow! 2

2 minutes ago, keylime said:

No problem. We can let it be. Jesus also instructed us if we tell someone the truth of His Gospel and they reject it to"shake the dust off your sandals and keep on moving." So now I leave it up to Him. That's the beauty of Him saying " Go and tell..." Not argue and convince. 

I do pray you one day get to know Jesus like I do. 

:)

I'm sorry you felt like this was an argument, started a new thread in off topic if you care to continue, other wise, may your days be blessed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2