Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hacking alert!!!!!

BETTYBOOP

Hi everybody, 

I haven't posted in quite some time. However, I want to make everyone here at DV aware of the following... 

About 4 weeks ago I received a message in my fb messenger from someone who has been on.facebook for many years. I found it a bit strange because I had not heard from him in a while bit he doesn't post on Facebook often. He is a member here on dv. Away it turns out he had messaged 2 other dv members through Facebook. 

I actually think now that it was nt him who sent the original message as when I looked his page he had not posted to fb since May. I think his Facebook has been hacked and he may not be aware of it. So I clicked the link believing it was from friend.. Well on Thursday afternoon my facebook got hacked to the point where they changed the recovery email and the password so I could not recover my account . They then started messaging folks on my friends list with the same link as I had gotten from my friend. Hence why I now think he has been hacked. On Friday morning I went to the ATM to get money for work and it was EMPTY. THEY HAD MANAAGED TO HACK MY BANK ACCOUNT. SPlease make all your friends aware of this..

I will eventually get my money returned once the bank has investigated..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Hi everybody, 

I haven't posted in quite some time. However, I want to make everyone here at DV aware of the following... 

About 4 weeks ago I received a message in my fb messenger from someone who has been on.facebook for many years. I found it a bit strange because I had not heard from him in a while bit he doesn't post on Facebook often. He is a member here on dv. Away it turns out he had messaged 2 other dv members through Facebook. 

I actually think now that it was nt him who sent the original message as when I looked his page he had not posted to fb since May. I think his Facebook has been hacked and he may not be aware of it. So I clicked the link believing it was from friend.. Well on Thursday afternoon my facebook got hacked to the point where they changed the recovery email and the password so I could not recover my account . They then started messaging folks on my friends list with the same link as I had gotten from my friend. Hence why I now think he has been hacked. On Friday morning I went to the ATM to get money for work and it was EMPTY. THEY HAD MANAAGED TO HACK MY BANK ACCOUNT. SPlease make all your friends aware of this..

DV Family taking care of DV family, thanks for the heads up!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I was just thinking about you/others and how all where doing. So sorry to hear

this. Thank you for the warning. I never joined any of the social media sites.

After working in telecom for over 30 years being a network engineer/systems analyst

knowing what I could do with a key board to a system there was no way in he___.

Be safe dear lady. I still have a land line. 

3 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Hi everybody, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nannab said:

I was just thinking about you/others and how all where doing. So sorry to hear

this. Thank you for the warning. I never joined any of the social media sites.

After working in telecom for over 30 years being a network engineer/systems analyst

knowing what I could do with a key board to a system there was no way in he___.

Be safe dear lady. I still have a land line. 

Right you are in your choice, nannab....JMHO

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2