Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something To Think About! Please Read

Smokey Mtn. Dinar

No photo description available.

I had spent an hour in the bank with my dad, as he had to transfer some money. I couldn't resist myself & asked...

''Dad, why don't we activate your internet banking?''

''Why would I do that?'' He asked...

''Well, then you wont have to spend an hour here for things like transfer.

You can even do your shopping online. Everything will be so easy!''

I was so excited about initiating him into the world of Net banking.

He asked ''If I do that, I wont have to step out of the house?

''Yes, yes''! I said. I told him how even grocery can be delivered at door now and how amazon delivers everything!

His answer left me tongue-tied.

He said ''Since I entered this bank today, I have met four of my friends, I have chatted a while with the staff who know me very well by now.

You know I am alone...this is the company that I need. I like to get ready and come to the bank. I have enough time, it is the physical touch that I crave.

Two years back I got sick, The store owner from whom I buy fruits, came to see me and sat by my bedside and cried.

When your Mom fell down few days back while on her morning walk. Our local grocer saw her and immediately got his car to rush her home as he knows where I live.

Would I have that 'human' touch if everything became online?

Why would I want everything delivered to me and force me to interact with just my computer?

I like to know the person that I'm dealing with and not just the 'seller'. It creates bonds of Relationships.

Does Amazon deliver all this as well?'''

Technology isn't life..
Spend time with people .. Not with devices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 6

I prefer that interaction. I always look forward to Friday's and Sunday's. I know those are the 2 days of the week I get to go out. Friday, buy groceries and pay any bills that are due. Sunday go to church, and usually take our "Sunday Drive".  We live in western North Carolina. Just outside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Lots of great place to go. Not necessarily to the park.  Just get out and go. Now that hubby is retired, we do go a little more. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

back in the '70's when the IT explosion was just starting for the masses, I was just starting my IT career. After a few years, I came to realize that what we saw on TV, like the Jetsons was just a warm up precursor to reality for life in the coming years. I was right when I saw that then and I didn't like it then and don't like it now.

Covid has really expounded on the idea of online everything and I don't like it and to be honest, It scares the hell out of me.....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, markb57 said:

back in the '70's when the IT explosion was just starting for the masses, I was just starting my IT career. After a few years, I came to realize that what we saw on TV, like the Jetsons was just a warm up precursor to reality for life in the coming years. I was right when I saw that then and I didn't like it then and don't like it now.

Covid has really expounded on the idea of online everything and I don't like it and to be honest, It scares the hell out of me.....

I agree with you 100%   I liked the Jetsons, as a kid, but I didn't think it would happen. Not all of it has, but a lot of it has.  When I was in school, I was very interested in  flying, and space to a lesser extent.  When I couldn't get a pilot's license or join the Air Force, because of health issues, I lost interest in a lot of the space science stuff.  I finished school in 1977. 

• Upvote 2