Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

6 Delicious Breakfast Menus, Effective in Maintaining Blood Sugar for People with Diabetes

6 Delicious Breakfast Menus, Effective in Maintaining Blood Sugar for People with Diabetes
Rochimawati, Diza Liane Sahputri
Tue, 3 August 2021 8.32 AM

dd4ca99512e28976972c38e7a0075e54

VIVA – Presenting nutritious, tasty, and filling breakfast options can be exhausting for people with diabetes, given the large number of popular breakfast choices that are high in carbohydrates. Apparently, with a little modification, you can still enjoy a delicious breakfast without fear of affecting blood sugar.

People with diabetes are encouraged to manage your blood sugar levels. And this includes regulating how many carbohydrates you consume.

When considering breakfast options, choose one that is rich in protein and fiber, contains healthy fats, and provides low to moderate amounts of carbohydrates. So, in order to have a delicious and filling breakfast that is safe for blood sugar, the following menu options are quoted from the Healthline page.

Egg

Eggs are delicious, practical, nutritious, and a good breakfast choice for diabetics. Eggs are low in calories and high in protein, providing about 70 calories and 6 grams of protein per large egg. In addition, one egg contains less than 1 gram of carbohydrates.

A 12-week study of 65 people with type 2 diabetes found that eating two eggs daily as part of a high-protein diet significantly reduced fasting blood sugar and HbA1c levels, an indicator of long-term blood sugar control.

You can enjoy eggs in a variety of ways, such as fried, boiled, or scrambled. Alternatively, try making a healthy and delicious omelet with a variety of vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, and bell peppers.

Yogurt with berries

Yogurt with berries is an easy, delicious and nutritious breakfast option that's great for people with diabetes. According to some studies, consuming dairy products can improve blood sugar control and lower blood sugar levels.

A standard 5.3-ounce (150-gram) serving of low-fat yogurt with 1/2 cup (75 grams) of berries contains: 121 calories, 16 grams of protein, 0.8 grams of fat, and 13.5 grams of carbohydrates. These foods are relatively low in calories. If desired, you can add a tablespoon of crushed or chopped nuts for an increase in calories and healthy fats without increasing the carbohydrate content too much.

Oatmeal

Oatmeal is a nutritious breakfast dish. Although oats are relatively high in carbohydrates, oatmeal is a good choice for diabetics as it can help lower blood sugar levels due to its high fiber content.

A standard serving of oatmeal made with 1/2 cup (40.5 grams) of oats and 1 cup (250 mL) of water contains 154 calories, 5.4 grams of protein, 2.6 grams of fat, 26.4 grams of carbohydrates, and 4 grams of carbohydrates. ,1 gram of fiber. If you want to make your oatmeal tastier and more nutritious, try adding ingredients like cinnamon, berries, nuts, seeds, or low-fat yogurt.

Multigrain avocado toast

Multigrain avocado toast is a simple and popular dish that diabetics can enjoy. To note, avocados are packed with fiber and monounsaturated fatty acids that can help prevent your blood sugar from rising too high after a meal. This benefit is also helped by the fiber from multigrain bread.

One slice (33 grams) of multigrain toast with 1/2 avocado (101 grams) provides 257 calories, 6.9 grams protein, 16.3 grams fat, 24.3 grams carbohydrates, and 11.2 grams fiber. If desired, add hard-boiled or fried eggs to increase the protein and fat content. Alternatively, add a pinch of salt and pepper or low-carb chili sauce for extra flavor.

Low calorie smoothies

Although smoothies are usually high in carbohydrates and sugar, there are several ways to make a low-carb smoothie that is delicious and suitable for people with diabetes.

For example, a low-carb avocado smoothie made with 1/2 (101 grams) avocado, 1/2 cup (122 grams) unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup (123 grams) low-fat yogurt, and a pinch of vanilla extract.

To increase the sweetness, you can add a little natural sweetener. For a protein boost, add 1/2 scoop or 1 scoop of protein powder, which will help keep you full longer.

Scrambled tofu with multigrain toast

Tofu is a versatile breakfast option and is great for people with diabetes because it is low in carbohydrates but high in protein and fat. It is made from condensed soy milk pressed into sturdy blocks.

While tofu is usually viewed as a lunch or dinner protein, you can enjoy it for breakfast in a variety of ways. For example, cooking scrambled tofu is quick and delicious. Simply cut the tough tofu into small pieces, cook in a hot skillet with a little olive oil, and season with seasonings like salt, pepper, and turmeric powder.

A serving of tofu made with 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of solid tofu on a slice (33 grams) of multigrain toast contains 179 calories, 14.8 grams of protein, 6.8 grams of fat, and 3.7 grams of fiber. You can also combine this dish with fried vegetables such as spinach, onions, zucchini, or mushrooms.

link  :  https://id.yahoo.com/berita/6-menu-sarapan-lezat-ampuh-013231913.html

• Thanks 1

British Doctor's Secret to Successfully Treating Many Diabetes Patients
Ichsan Suhendra, Sumiyati
Mon, August 2, 2021 5:44 PM

46688ccbe0b753d5bc7336734d648d34

VIVA – Type 2 diabetes is more common than type 1 diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, sufferers have difficulty processing sugar in the blood. However, these people do not need insulin to manage their condition.

Type 2 diabetes is a lifestyle disease, where several causes include weight gain, unhealthy eating patterns and lack of physical activity.

If not treated carefully, type 2 diabetes can be life threatening. While there are many ways to manage this condition, there is more good news for you.

A doctor in England claims to have helped a large number of his patients cope with diabetes simply by making changes to their diet. This is as reported by the British daily.

"Until 2012, I hadn't seen a type 2 drug-free remission on a single occasion. I didn't know it was possible. I had a lot to learn, but the more I learned about this disease and the methods to beat it without using drugs, the more enlightened I became. ," said Doctor David Urwin, from Norwood Surgery in Southport, England, reported by the Times of India, Monday 2 August 2021.

"It was incredible. I realized that I had disappointed my patients for years by swallowing the conventional wisdom that we must treat this chronic disease without stopping to think about the real cause."

According to Dr. Urwin, a low-carb diet has a higher chance of reversing type 2 diabetes. A study was conducted to find out whether a low-carbohydrate diet, a very low-carb diet, and a carbohydrate-controlled diet, could work better to reverse diabetes.

In the low-carb diet, participants had to limit their consumption of whole grains, starchy vegetables, sugar, and other carbohydrate-laden foods. Compared to carbohydrates, it is recommended to consume more protein and fat to meet daily calorie needs.

As for the no-carb diet, participants had to eliminate carbohydrates or eat only very few carbohydrates. This diet should eliminate whole grains, fruits, vegetables and most other foods from their diet.

The study used data from 23 randomized trials involving 1,357 participants who demonstrated diabetes remission, weight loss, and reported side effects at 6 and 12 months.

Reportedly, patients or participants on a low-carbohydrate diet achieved a higher rate of diabetes remission in 6 months, compared to participants on a control diet.

Even before insulin was discovered, low-carb diets were widely used in the treatment of diabetes. Three simple steps to reverse diabetes include eating a healthy and balanced diet, exercising and losing excess weight.

Carbohydrate-rich foods to avoid include breads and whole grains, starchy vegetables, pasta, nuts, honey, chips, milk, rice, sweets, sweets, pastries, sweetened condensed foods, and some breakfast cereals.

However, it must be remembered, whether people with type 1 or 2 diabetes, always consult a doctor first before taking any medication.

link  :  https://id.yahoo.com/news/rahasia-dokter-inggris-sukses-obati-104435694.html

2 minutes ago, 3 bucks new rv rate said:

British Doctor's Secret to Successfully Treating Many Diabetes Patients
Ichsan Suhendra, Sumiyati
Mon, August 2, 2021 5:44 PM

46688ccbe0b753d5bc7336734d648d34

VIVA – Type 2 diabetes is more common than type 1 diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, sufferers have difficulty processing sugar in the blood. However, these people do not need insulin to manage their condition.

Type 2 diabetes is a lifestyle disease, where several causes include weight gain, unhealthy eating patterns and lack of physical activity.

If not treated carefully, type 2 diabetes can be life threatening. While there are many ways to manage this condition, there is more good news for you.

A doctor in England claims to have helped a large number of his patients cope with diabetes simply by making changes to their diet. This is as reported by the British daily.

"Until 2012, I hadn't seen a type 2 drug-free remission on a single occasion. I didn't know it was possible. I had a lot to learn, but the more I learned about this disease and the methods to beat it without using drugs, the more enlightened I became. ," said Doctor David Urwin, from Norwood Surgery in Southport, England, reported by the Times of India, Monday 2 August 2021.

"It was incredible. I realized that I had disappointed my patients for years by swallowing the conventional wisdom that we must treat this chronic disease without stopping to think about the real cause."

According to Dr. Urwin, a low-carb diet has a higher chance of reversing type 2 diabetes. A study was conducted to find out whether a low-carbohydrate diet, a very low-carb diet, and a carbohydrate-controlled diet, could work better to reverse diabetes.

In the low-carb diet, participants had to limit their consumption of whole grains, starchy vegetables, sugar, and other carbohydrate-laden foods. Compared to carbohydrates, it is recommended to consume more protein and fat to meet daily calorie needs.

As for the no-carb diet, participants had to eliminate carbohydrates or eat only very few carbohydrates. This diet should eliminate whole grains, fruits, vegetables and most other foods from their diet.

The study used data from 23 randomized trials involving 1,357 participants who demonstrated diabetes remission, weight loss, and reported side effects at 6 and 12 months.

Reportedly, patients or participants on a low-carbohydrate diet achieved a higher rate of diabetes remission in 6 months, compared to participants on a control diet.

Even before insulin was discovered, low-carb diets were widely used in the treatment of diabetes. Three simple steps to reverse diabetes include eating a healthy and balanced diet, exercising and losing excess weight.

Carbohydrate-rich foods to avoid include breads and whole grains, starchy vegetables, pasta, nuts, honey, chips, milk, rice, sweets, sweets, pastries, sweetened condensed foods, and some breakfast cereals.

However, it must be remembered, whether people with type 1 or 2 diabetes, always consult a doctor first before taking any medication.

link  :  https://id.yahoo.com/news/rahasia-dokter-inggris-sukses-obati-104435694.html

KETO diet for the win. Been on it for 10 years. 

And no. Oatmeal has no place in a Diabetics diet. 26 carbs in one meal is way more than one should eat.

Thanks for the articles. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 3 bucks new rv rate said:

thanks. wow i didn't know that. so it is very healthy to eat all kinds of meats ( red meat, pork, chicken , lamb) than oatmeal then. 

Protein is always good at helping to control blood sugars. You should always follow up any carbs with a protein, it helps keep your blood sugar from spiking. If you can't (or don't have time to fix any meat or beans) peanut butter will do. Quit and easy.

• Upvote 1

thanks. wow i didn't know that. so it is very healthy to eat all kinds of meats ( red meat, pork, chicken , lamb) than oatmeal then. 

Yes. KETO is a highfat, med protein  low carb eating style. It is the opposite of the food pyramid we have been taught for years.

We were taught for years that fat makes you fat. 

If this were true think about this. Farmers heard this years ago and decided to feed their pigs a high fat diet. Coconuts and other fatty foods. They found the pigs lost weight and gained all kinds of energy.

What do they feed cows to fatten them up? Grains. Carbs.

To much protein turns into glucose also and is hard to regulate. I had my cholesterol checked. It came out with a 120.  Triglycerides were less than 50. 

• Pow! 1

13 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Yes. KETO is a highfat, med protein  low carb eating style. It is the opposite of the food pyramid we have been taught for years.

We were taught for years that fat makes you fat. 

If this were true think about this. Farmers heard this years ago and decided to feed their pigs a high fat diet. Coconuts and other fatty foods. They found the pigs lost weight and gained all kinds of energy.

What do they feed cows to fatten them up? Grains. Carbs.

To much protein turns into glucose also and is hard to regulate. I had my cholesterol checked. It came out with a 120.  Triglycerides were less than 50. 

i thought cows only eat grass that make them fat. yep. you were right. eating too much will bring deseases later on. it is good that you checked your cholesterol and uric acid regularly.

14 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Protein is always good at helping to control blood sugars. You should always follow up any carbs with a protein, it helps keep your blood sugar from spiking. If you can't (or don't have time to fix any meat or beans) peanut butter will do. Quit and easy.

thanks md11fr8dawg. doesn't peanut butter contain a high sugar?. 

3 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

There are different types of sugars, just like there are different types of fat in foods. 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter contains 4g of sugar. Not too bad. Pretty much all foods have some sugar, you just need to pick the ones with the least sugar and the least harmful sugars.

Thanks again for your clarification. We should watch when picking all foods we eat.

4 hours ago, patrickgold said:

Raw natural sugars like some fruits is your best bet if you need sweets, the body can break it down better than hard sugars, like candy sweets. 

Fruits drive my numbers through the roof. Strawberries are the only low glycemic fruit I can eat.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sage449 said:

Suggestion for an egg replacer? Egg allergy prevents eating like hard boiled, scrambled, fried etc. Ok in a food source but not in a frittata, quiche, omelet where egg is main ingredient. 

Found this

https://www.ju.st/stories/allergy-friendly

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/egg-substitutes

• Like 1

9 hours ago, patrickgold said:

Raw natural sugars like some fruits is your best bet if you need sweets, the body can break it down better than hard sugars, like candy sweets. 

yep. you are right but not all fruits are good for people who have diabetes. are  diabetic people allowed to eat banana, pineapple, orange, watermelon?

8 hours ago, Sage449 said:

Suggestion for an egg replacer? Egg allergy prevents eating like hard boiled, scrambled, fried etc. Ok in a food source but not in a frittata, quiche, omelet where egg is main ingredient. 

i thought when someone has egg allergy, he or she can't egg at all or can only eat the egg twice a year.

20 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

There are different types of sugars, just like there are different types of fat in foods. 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter contains 4g of sugar. Not too bad. Pretty much all foods have some sugar, you just need to pick the ones with the least sugar and the least harmful sugars.

I agree with you.

i thought when someone has egg allergy, he or she can't egg at all or can only eat the egg twice a year.

My father was deathly alergic to eggs. The military almost killed him when they forced him to take a vaccine when he went to Korea which had raw egg in it. 

Cooked egg was fine, it was when it was raw was the problem. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for the info and websites. All I'd found is to give up the whites as typically that is where allergy is derived or give them period.

If I eat eggs where main ingredient,  I throw up, not at epi-pen stage yet. If baked in a cake or cooked in something where it is a binder I'm ok. Fried egg sandwiches were a favorite, or omelets or frittata I can shoot it across the room. ☹

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Thank you all for the info and websites. All I'd found is to give up the whites as typically that is where allergy is derived or give them period.

If I eat eggs where main ingredient,  I throw up, not at epi-pen stage yet. If baked in a cake or cooked in something where it is a binder I'm ok. Fried egg sandwiches were a favorite, or omelets or frittata I can shoot it across the room. ☹

Thanks. This is my first time to know that the whites will give the allergy. I just thought the whites has less cholesterol level and less protein compared to the yellows because the yellows has a high cholesterol level and high protein. For someone who has a high cholesterol level, it is better to just eat the whites only ( not the yellows ) as long as they don't have allergy with the whites.

• Upvote 1

Yes on whites, and most egg substitutes are the whites and no yolks. But it's the whites that cause the problem. I'll see if I can find the article again outlining how the allergy works and why the liquid egg substitute doesn't work for most egg allergies since they are whites only. 

• Upvote 1

From Mayo Clinic article:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/egg-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372115

"An immune system overreaction causes food allergies. For egg allergy, the immune system mistakenly identifies certain egg proteins as harmful. When you or your child comes in contact with egg proteins, immune system cells (antibodies) recognize them and signal the immune system to release histamine and other chemicals that cause allergic signs and symptoms.

Both egg yolks and egg whites contain proteins that can cause allergies, but allergy to egg whites is most common. It's possible for breast-fed infants to have an allergic reaction to egg proteins in breast milk if the mother consumes eggs."

19 hours ago, jg1 said:

My father was deathly alergic to eggs. The military almost killed him when they forced him to take a vaccine when he went to Korea which had raw egg in it. 

raw eggs? yike.  it is better to eat eggs that is cooked half-done, but cooked egg is even better. do people eat raw eggs become healthier? 

18 hours ago, Sage449 said:

From Mayo Clinic article:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/egg-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372115

"An immune system overreaction causes food allergies. For egg allergy, the immune system mistakenly identifies certain egg proteins as harmful. When you or your child comes in contact with egg proteins, immune system cells (antibodies) recognize them and signal the immune system to release histamine and other chemicals that cause allergic signs and symptoms.

Both egg yolks and egg whites contain proteins that can cause allergies, but allergy to egg whites is most common. It's possible for breast-fed infants to have an allergic reaction to egg proteins in breast milk if the mother consumes eggs."

Thanks for your info Sage449

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jg1 said:

I will throw up immediately if i eat raw egg. I think cooked egg is the best choice.

• Upvote 1