Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Midnight Opinions - CDT - 7/19/2021

ronscarpa

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq. :twothumbs:RON 

*** Footforward   Article quote:  "Prime Minister Kadhimi:  We are working to remove the name of Iraq from the list of countries accused of money laundering, after Iraq has fulfilled all its obligations, and we are looking for developing relations with Europe for what it can offer to Iraq in the field of reconstruction and investment."  Which they can't do with a worthless currency. I was under the impression they were already removed based on numerous previous articles...?? :confused2:

*** Breitling  Question: "Is it realistic to think we will have our blessing before September 1st? It could revalue tonight.  It would be 100% legit and it would work.  They could have done it at the beginning of the year that's why I was so excited...yes it is realistic for this to happen before September 1st.  

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

And on the conservative side of things...we have Kaperoni..!

*** Kaperoni  ...There's no chance of a significant RV.  Too much dinar in circulation. Only with the success of Iraq's economy can the dinar go up in value. Iraq has lots of work to do...Iraq has many laws to pass to create the conditions for investors to come in and rebuild the economy.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

IMB4321, to be fair to Breitling, he really did not give a date, he just replied to the suggestion by the person asking the question.   It is possible by the date mentioned.   But it was nice to hear his response.   Lets hope the possibility turns into reality.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, 3 bucks new rv rate said:

so september 01 ( without a year ) will be our next rv date, according to Breitling. Is september 01 before or after the election? by the way, why did breitling not mention the year ( only month and day )?

Man did you just look at the date and say to yourself "See he named a date!"?

By saying "realistic" he is saying Iraq could do it if they wanted and it is not out of the realm of possibility. HOWEVER, Iraq won't.

He also is talking about this year.

He also said they "could have" done it at the beginning of this year. They didn't.

Bone up on reading comprehension please, so next time you won't get so triggered.. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Man did you just look at the date and say to yourself "See he named a date!"?

By saying "realistic" he is saying Iraq could do it if they wanted and it is not out of the realm of possibility. HOWEVER, Iraq won't.

He also is talking about this year.

He also said they "could have" done it at the beginning of this year. They didn't.

Bone up on reading comprehension please, so next time you won't get so triggered.. 

thanks for reminding me about the date theseus. i just guess that may be the reason breitling didn't mention the year because he wasn't so sure about the year. may be it could happen this year or 2022 or 2023 or 2024 and so on and so on. again, this is just my guess and hopefully, i am wrong..

11 hours ago, 3 bucks new rv rate said:

thanks for reminding me about the date theseus. i just guess that may be the reason breitling didn't mention the year because he wasn't so sure about the year. may be it could happen this year or 2022 or 2023 or 2024 and so on and so on. again, this is just my guess and hopefully, i am wrong..

He didn't mention the year because contextually his conversation included the year he was speaking in. Again reading comprehension. And again, overthinking is sometimes worse than the actual dialogue. If he was talking about any other year, he is a big boy with big boy britches and would have come out and said the exact year he was talking about if it were not the year he was speaking in.

11 hours ago, 3 bucks new rv rate said:

Let me clarify:

He didn't mention the year because contextually his conversation included the year he was speaking in. Again reading comprehension. And again, overthinking is sometimes worse than the actual dialogue. If he was talking about any other year, he is a big boy with big boy britches and would have come out and said the exact year he was talking about if it were not the year he was speaking in.

I have six words that you need to remember: Over analysis leads to emotional bias. Remove the emotional bias by not over analyzing. Van Tharp said that you trade the market based on your beliefs. Those beliefs rule your emotions and thus rule your investment mindset. Detatch from the emotion of investing by not over analyzing into your beliefs.

Right now your belief is that you believe the RV will happen. Your emotion is to HOPE it will RV yesterday. By changing this to the belief the RV will happen and you are sure (notice I did not say hope as hope is a feeling) it will, and not go any further will stop you from over analyzing  and getting your emotions in the way of your decisions. It all starts with reading comprehension though. How to read and retain the information then to make an inference of what was said is just as important. Right now your emotion of hoping it will RV yesterday (and we all want that) is interfering with your thought process of inferring what is being said in the context of what is being said. This is not putting words into someone's mouth this is deriving what is actually being said. You inferred he meant some other year when in the same paragraph of the conversation he clearly said "at the beginning of the" meaning he was still talking about the current year he speaking in. He even went so far to say it could revalue tonight, again the current year he was speaking in. More to the point he is defining the current year for September 1 by stating tonight or even at the beginning of the year. 

Reading comprehension without biased emotion does wonders to where you see this investment as it is a long term buy and hold investment. Please by all that is Holy, don't do long term investments again (aka swing trading). You will lose money or leave money on the table.

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 4

On 7/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, shixjr said:

Hey Theseus,  this is one of those things that is "easy to say and hard to do"!  I agree with you completely though!  Thank you for your thoughts.

Van Tharp teaches people how to trade. Whether that be swing trading, day trading, with commodities, the exchanges  or other wise. The first year of his training is all psychological learning about yourself in different situations over the course of a year (or longer) before he even begins to take you into the market. Knowing that aspect of yourself and your beliefs, and I mean a real honest to god truth about yourself and your beliefs, actually makes that aspect of separating your emotions from your trading or investment a whole lot easier. You cannot even move beyond this phase of his training until you have completed the psychological assignments to his satisfaction. He has been training people, and he is very picky who he trains, how to successfully trade the markets and investments for a very long time. I am not advocating you take his training nor am I affiliated with him or his business. To get into his program you have to have some serious cash to trade. Like I said knowing yourself is 95% of how to make that "easier said than done" get done. The other 5 is the research and pulling the trigger on the investment or trade. He holds in person seminars in Cary, NC (Raleigh) at least he did before COVID. 

• Thanks 1

Theseus, thank you for your response.  I always enjoy your cerebral posts.  I think long term success always comes down to your mindset.  Years ago, I tried some swing trading.  I learned covered calls and naked puts (I didn't do any of those!) and I met and learned from people who were wildly successful in their trading ventures.  I "attempted" to trade for about a year and realized I wasn't very good at it.  I would do well for a while and then I would lose it all!  The good news is, I was trading with excess money (if there is such a thing), not my bill money.  I learned the technicals and for years I couldn't understand why I couldn't do it well long term.  I now realize it was all psychological for me.  I didn't have the right mindset.  I think I would do better at it now, but I am not willing right now to re-learn the technical aspects of it.  I have simply listened to a few peeps on here, done my research and bought some cryptos that I think are going to do well.  By the way, HCR, I am down on the coast in Jacksonville, NC.  My mom's family has been here since the 1700's.  I used to have meetings in the Raleigh/Cary/Knightdale area of NC.  Now I like the peaceful atmosphere of a small town!  It is a small world!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shixjr said:

Theseus, thank you for your response.  I always enjoy your cerebral posts.  I think long term success always comes down to your mindset.  Years ago, I tried some swing trading.  I learned covered calls and naked puts (I didn't do any of those!) and I met and learned from people who were wildly successful in their trading ventures.  I "attempted" to trade for about a year and realized I wasn't very good at it.  I would do well for a while and then I would lose it all!  The good news is, I was trading with excess money (if there is such a thing), not my bill money.  I learned the technicals and for years I couldn't understand why I couldn't do it well long term.  I now realize it was all psychological for me.  I didn't have the right mindset.  I think I would do better at it now, but I am not willing right now to re-learn the technical aspects of it.  I have simply listened to a few peeps on here, done my research and bought some cryptos that I think are going to do well.  By the way, HCR, I am down on the coast in Jacksonville, NC.  My mom's family has been here since the 1700's.  I used to have meetings in the Raleigh/Cary/Knightdale area of NC.  Now I like the peaceful atmosphere of a small town!  It is a small world!

👋🏻 Hi neighbor!
1700’s!! That’s impressive! We moved here from California in the 1990’s, so we’re basically newbies 😁

12 hours ago, shixjr said:

By the way, HCR, I am down on the coast in Jacksonville, NC.  My mom's family has been here since the 1700's.  I used to have meetings in the Raleigh/Cary/Knightdale area of NC.  Now I like the peaceful atmosphere of a small town!  It is a small world!

10 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

👋🏻 Hi neighbor!
1700’s!! That’s impressive! We moved here from California in the 1990’s, so we’re basically newbies 😁

Hey y'all. I'm up here in the Smoky Mountains of Western NC.  Glad to see some Carolinians. I moved here in 1972, on my 13th birthday.  

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, shixjr said:

The worst kind of money to trade or invest with …. is your own.

Think about it.

Theseus,

I am going to assume you are referring to your money versus house money.  If I am wrong, please enlighten me.  And if that is the case, how do you get to the house money without investing some of yours?  I put some money into bitcoin back in 2017 and let it ride until 2020.  I got my investment back and I have diversified my bitcoin into 8 other cryptos that I think have some long term usage.  I don't even have bitcoin any more.  Is this what you are talking about, or do I need to change my thinking?