Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

$10 Gas Price Spike Prediction

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

The petroleum industry needs qualified tanker truckers to move their products.  The pandemic decimated that trade also.

GO RV, then BV 

Pipelines are safest … shouldn’t be closing any down .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

The petroleum industry needs qualified tanker truckers to move their products.  The pandemic decimated that trade also.

GO RV, then BV 

My son was an over the road trucker for more than 12 years, he is qualified to drive just about anything, but fuel tankers is one thing he refused to drive.   He won't even entertain the idea of going back over the road because they  have just about been regulated out of existence! They have to put up with so much BS and disrespect out there on the road, that a lot of them have stopped driving.  He has had many job offers, but he turns them all down. They want drivers like him, because he has over one million SAFE miles!  

• Thanks 4

Back in the day, when gas was high $2 and $3 trucking companies added a fuel charge that was passed on to consumers. Good ol Biden. We've been importing oil from Iraq to the tune of 250bbls to almost 500bbls per week. Yeah good ol Biden cutting off that pipeline. At one time weren't we self reliant on oil. Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

14 hours ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

My son was an over the road trucker for more than 12 years, he is qualified to drive just about anything, but fuel tankers is one thing he refused to drive.   He won't even entertain the idea of going back over the road because they  have just about been regulated out of existence! They have to put up with so much BS and disrespect out there on the road, that a lot of them have stopped driving.  He has had many job offers, but he turns them all down. They want drivers like him, because he has over one million SAFE miles!  

The turnpike commission in my state has set the tolls so high, that the OTR truckers are forced to travel state routes to save dough.

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

I am amazed at how little most people know about trucking. I came off the road 8 years ago when a 24 year old State Trooper from Arizona jumped on my truck and began cussing me out. I hold Law enforcement in high regards so I didn't give him the same treatment but later that day I called my wife and informed her that I simply couldn't keep doing this. 

Luckily for me I found the perfect local job and we're doing well. The trucking industry hasn't been decimated by a simple flu bug, its been decimated by politicans. And as you correctly stated this has been happening for a very long time. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My brother was an OTR trucker for over 30 years that I recall and the stories he would tell. OMGoodness! Hard to think people are doing what they are doing while driving a car. Some of the stories would make you cringe, others would gag you and goes down hill from there..............leave the rest up to your imagination. 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, haden'sdad said:

At one time weren't we self reliant on oil. Just saying.

Nope

U.S. Is Not “Energy Independent,” Despite Trump’s Claims

Trump said that has changed America's strategic priorities. "We are independent," Trump said, "and we do not need Middle East oil."

"Well, he's incorrect," said economist Edward Hirs, energy fellow at the University of Houston. "We are not energy independent. We consume roughly 20 million barrels of crude oil each day. We only produce about 12.5 million barrels of crude oil each day."

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/in-depth/2020/01/13/356915/u-s-is-not-energy-independent-despite-trumps-claims/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Sage449 said:

My brother was an OTR trucker for over 30 years that I recall and the stories he would tell. OMGoodness! Hard to think people are doing what they are doing while driving a car. Some of the stories would make you cringe, others would gag you and goes down hill from there..............leave the rest up to your imagination. 

😄 I can imagine them stories. My son told me some that could make you blush and then there were some even worse, that he wasn't about to tell mama! 😄  He might tell his daddy, who later would tell me. 😧    And my husband was a diesel mechanic at a truckstop, and he had plenty of things he saw, that he would tell me about! 😮  And I'm sure father and son had even more they told each other.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

$10 per gallon, and everyone will stay home, or walk, or ride a bike. When the gas/oil companies lose money, and can't move their products, they will have to lower their price to a more reasonable/affordable rate. Man got along just fine for centuries without oil products, and  we can survive again. 

Ur right SMD. It’s all about demand and supply. Nothing more

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This price hike is all about Supply and I believe we all know why supply is tight.  This is all on the Biden Administration and their policies.  The ironic thing is the higher the price goes the more the West Texas Oil Companies will produce.  Drill Baby Drill.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

This price hike is all about Supply and I believe we all know why supply is tight.  This is all on the Biden Administration and their policies.  The ironic thing is the higher the price goes the more the West Texas Oil Companies will produce.  Drill Baby Drill.  

It’s a couple of factors. Demand went way down during the pandemic. So production was cut reducing supply. As we are coming out of the pandemic demand is now climbing and the supply is now short. So the price is now climbing until it reaches an equilibrium. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1