Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In Iraq, an old U.S. foe grows his political power

bigwave

In Iraq, an old U.S. foe grows his political power:

_A6A9447.jpg?v=525614290621

Over the past two years, Sadr’s political organisation, the Sadrist Movement, has quietly come to dominate the apparatus of the Iraqi state. Its members have taken senior jobs within the interior, defence and communications ministries. They have had their picks appointed to state oil, electricity and transport bodies, to state-owned banks and even to Iraq’s central bank, according to more than a dozen government officials and lawmakers.

These new positions have brought the Sadrists financial power. Ministries where Sadrists or their allies have recently taken senior posts account for between a third and a half of Iraq’s $90 billion draft budget for 2021, according to a Reuters analysis. Iraq’s government didn’t comment.

The Sadrists are poised to be the biggest winners in a general election set for October. This growing influence could pose problems for the United States and Iran, both of whom Sadr accuses of meddling in Iraq. He has called for the departure of America’s remaining 2,500 troops and he has told Tehran he will “not leave Iraq in its grip.”

“Today, we have Sadrists in positions in every state institution. This is a blessing from God!”

Nassar al-Rubaie, a top political representative of Sadr

For the whole article: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/iraq-cleric/

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I remember how my Shia friend always talked bad about Sadr. Sadrs father was apparently a powerful man and he simply followed in his dads footsteps but the boy Sadr was not very smart in fact, he failed several classes in school. When the media asked the school for his old report cards, the principle of the school found them but had to lie and say he couldn’t find them, otherwise he might not live very long exposing that Sadr failed his classes..

• Thanks 5
  • Pow! 2

He had the largest bloc during the last election. It just give him more leverage when they choose the PM during the next election. I don't think he is going to run for Prime Minister. I believe Iran is all ready controlling Iraq and as long as Iraq is sucking on Iran's titty, they will continue to rely on Oil and eventually go bankrupt regardless of who the Prime Minister is. So this really doesn't mean anything, he has been saying the same thing about the US and Iran for years. His followers have been getting paid because they work for the Government but the people are suffering. He is no better than the rest of them, he has made visits to Iran in the past himself. They are only fooling themselves, no country will invest as long as they are Iran's lil B@#%T!! Don't let the recent news get you guys to excited because nothing has changed but the decrease in the exchange rate and the rest is all talk, as usual!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

5 hours ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

He had the largest bloc during the last election. It just give him more leverage when they choose the PM during the next election. I don't think he is going to run for Prime Minister. I believe Iran is all ready controlling Iraq and as long as Iraq is sucking on Iran's titty, they will continue to rely on Oil and eventually go bankrupt regardless of who the Prime Minister is. So this really doesn't mean anything, he has been saying the same thing about the US and Iran for years. His followers have been getting paid because they work for the Government but the people are suffering. He is no better than the rest of them, he has made visits to Iran in the past himself. They are only fooling themselves, no country will invest as long as they are Iran's lil B@#%T!! Don't let the recent news get you guys to excited because nothing has changed but the decrease in the exchange rate and the rest is all talk, as usual!! 

Im so optimistic about this opportunity right now, in fact, ive never been more convinced we are almost there.. interesting to read your polar opposite view. Thank you👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/1/2021 at 8:54 PM, GregHi said:

I remember how my Shia friend always talked bad about Sadr. Sadrs father was apparently a powerful man and he simply followed in his dads footsteps but the boy Sadr was not very smart in fact, he failed several classes in school. When the media asked the school for his old report cards, the principle of the school found them but had to lie and say he couldn’t find them, otherwise he might not live very long exposing that Sadr failed his classes..

Not to forget that one of Sadr's close advisors tricked him out of a large some of gold at the time of the Isis invasion . 

• Upvote 2