Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The oil and gas law will be approved during the next parliamentary session, MP suggests

1624797766238.jpg

The oil and gas law will be approved during the next parliamentary session, MP suggests

2021-06-27 13:43

Shafaq News/ Kurdistan Democratic Party MP Dana Muhammad suggested approving the oil and gas law during the next electoral parliamentary session, as it is "a solution to the oil disputes between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government."

Muhammad told Shafaq News Agency, "disrupting of the approval of the oil and gas law since 2007 until now is the result of differences between all political forces", noting, "the law was never included the parliament's agenda over the past years."

He stressed the need to, "approve the oil and gas law during the next parliamentary session, due to its importance in resolving the oil disputes between Baghdad and Erbil, and determining the powers of each one of them."

"Adopting the law will put the Iraqi parliament in permanent knowledge of the powers of the federal government and the regional government. The Kurds and the Kurdistan Democratic Party support the approval of the oil and gas law in a manner that suits the interest of the region and the federal government."

The differences between the blocs and the parties over the past years have resulted in more than three formulations of the oil and gas law. The first draft was put in 2007 and was rejected after the Kurdistan Alliance's objection, while the second version was developed in 2010. Still, the National Alliance expressed objection to the law and withdrew from the voting session. The third is a proposed law drawn up by the Parliamentary Oil and Energy Committee in 2011, but various political parties also rejected it.

https://shafaq.com/en/Iraq-News/The-oil-and-gas-law-will-be-approved-during-the-next-parliamentary-session-MP-suggests#

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 10
  • Pow! 2

There is always the old theory about an RV being best on Jan. 1, or Jul. 1!  Kazemi has been the best Iraqi leader I have seen at listening to the people and keeping his word and doing something about it.  Among other things they want financial relief, purchasing power.  Kazemi has been tying up all the loose ends and is imo, now ready to satisfy his people with financial reform.  Is his white paper reform about to be a blockbuster RV on July 1st? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 2

45 minutes ago, utah rock said:

When does their parliament meet next?, does anyone know?

SOON - in the near future, next, in the coming days, just around the corner- not being snidely about this UR-just I’ve read this same narrative for years and it’s not in me to get all jazzed up over the same :bs: they keep shoveling every year.

Would be great if they actually did get this done and implemented...they’ll have to get a quorum for this and we all know how they can sand bag that.

Fingers crossed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 2

Via the innerweb , Iraqis want what we have , designer distressed jeans at $300 a pop , devises where you can be mobily hook up to everything and anyone in a moment , big homes with all their conveniences . Iraqis are highly intelligent ,highly resourceful , hard working  , and  loyal to their large extended families . They will get what they want

• Pow! 3

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Last week we saw many articles talking about the exchange rate, delete of the 000 and now the oil and gas law 

Exciting times.!!

Go Iraq

Go HCL 

Go delete of the 000

Go RV

Exciting times indeed brother, seems like with all the talk of, oil and gas law, along with exchange rate of the IQD, perhaps 2022 could be the stop on this crazy train ride. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, The Englishman said:
1624797766238.jpg

•  
 2021-06-27 13:43
A-AA+

Shafaq News/ Kurdistan Democratic Party MP Dana Muhammad suggested approving the oil and gas law during the next electoral parliamentary session, as it is "a solution to the oil disputes between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government."

Muhammad told Shafaq News Agency, "disrupting of the approval of the oil and gas law since 2007 until now is the result of differences between all political forces", noting, "the law was never included the parliament's agenda over the past years."

He stressed the need to, "approve the oil and gas law during the next parliamentary session, due to its importance in resolving the oil disputes between Baghdad and Erbil, and determining the powers of each one of them."

"Adopting the law will put the Iraqi parliament in permanent knowledge of the powers of the federal government and the regional government. The Kurds and the Kurdistan Democratic Party support system" rel="">support the approval of the oil and gas law in a manner that suits the interest of the region and the federal government."

The differences between the blocs and the parties over the past years have resulted in more than three formulations of the oil and gas law. The first draft was put in 2007 and was rejected after the Kurdistan Alliance's objection, while the second version was developed in 2010. Still, the National Alliance expressed objection to the law and withdrew from the voting session. The third is a proposed law drawn up by the Parliamentary Oil and Energy Committee in 2011, but various political parties also rejected it.

Yeah right.... I heard that before....😔

• Pow! 1

39 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

Not holding my breath for this one, I feel they have a better chance of passing this with the new parliament that will be coming in.  This current group knows the end is near for their term and they aren't going to pass anymore important laws.

But perhaps they will if they want to do what popular opinion mandates .

• Upvote 2

LMAO!!! Now these crooks want to be comedians. Either they want to be comedians or they think the rest of the world is as dumb as their constituents.

That script about them passing the HCL in the next parliament session has been engraved on the walls of parliament forever.

I’m just hoping the HCL is not tied to the RV or we could be here another 25 years….

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

Well, it's been a while since I've posted - and my copy and paste skills have faded slightly.I was attempting to quote Dinarham's post... but instead....(I digress)...

It's also been several months since the "chunky money" has been getting soaked up from the market adjustment to 1450... (It's possible my last statement is historically inaccurate and that I missed something since the date of the aforementioned, but regardless of those details other facts remain...

To date,everything time we've seen a post stating that "HCL was to be addressed in next session..."  the can has always been kicked down the road.  In fact, its been kicked so many times that it's easy to expect the can to be kicked again.

However, there is now even with even more additional pressure for a rate change -with a market that contains much less "chunky money" (thanks LaidBack.)

No matter what happens and when, the ones that have been "kicking the can" are running out of time - and shown us the extent of their greed.(I will never forget the article from 6-7 years ago that was written by an Iraqi who said Everyone in Iraq's government was corrupt-includibg the author.)

So, hypothetically, there becomes in time when the corrupt realize it's easier to raise the rate - substantially - to satisfy their greed than it is for them  to continue stealing from the rest of the population. I believe we are nearing that point.

Think about it: those in control have displayed such extreme greed over the years that a decent rate change is needed to satisfy their long-term selfish desires.

And the ones in power at the time of the latter event- will probay be praised instead of prosecuted - despite the length and extent of their own corruption - because those in need (the rest of the country) will finally  get a relief to their suffering.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 2