Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

. . . . and That's the Way it Wasn't

Maynard57

I agree great post

It has become apparent to me that some times certain news isn’t worth posting let alone reading it.

Certain members including staff fill the need to flood the new posts with the same articles that others have posted, same articles that state the same thing & more frustrating is the articles that start with the words, Conscious, urgent, breaking or some other catchy phrase

Can we not just have 1 staff member posting the news cuz I know for sure it’s a case of wake up, scan the net for anything that has the catch words IRAQ, then they just post it to be the first.

My advice would be to read the article before posting

That’s my moan for this month I am all done :D

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

We must be doing our job right if you're bitching about having too much news instead of not having enough. God forbid you have to search through three pages of current headlines to get informed. Try reading through thirty or more websites per day, trying to decipher their crappy translations in order to determine whether or not the crap is worth posting to begin with. Yes there are redundancies and double or even triple postings of the same stories, and when that happens we do our best to merge the stories into one thread. We don't live on DV 24/7 and can't be here to make sure a story doesn't get posted more than once... or some oft repeated story from a week ago doesn't rear it's ugly head once again. Honestly? 95% of the stories we post every day are total BS. The media in Iraq are controlled by the government... or what passes for a government... the stories are crap, but they're all we have. So enjoy the plethora of news stories out of Iraq you find on DV... I can guarantee there's no other site on the net with as much news provided daily from as large and comprehensive a list of first-source Iraqi news organizations extant today.

You, Sir, :tiphat: do a very good job of making sure we get all of the bullchit! Thank you for that K98, this forum would undoubtedly be boring without it! I for one enjoy the articles. It has been fun trying to figure out what's going on. Also, too, remember this quote " Believe nothing you read and half of what you see", true story!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We must be doing our job right if you're bitching about having too much news instead of not having enough. God forbid you have to search through three pages of current headlines to get informed. Try reading through thirty or more websites per day, trying to decipher their crappy translations in order to determine whether or not the crap is worth posting to begin with. Yes there are redundancies and double or even triple postings of the same stories, and when that happens we do our best to merge the stories into one thread. We don't live on DV 24/7 and can't be here to make sure a story doesn't get posted more than once... or some oft repeated story from a week ago doesn't rear it's ugly head once again. Honestly? 95% of the stories we post every day are total BS. The media in Iraq are controlled by the government... or what passes for a government... the stories are crap, but they're all we have. So enjoy the plethora of news stories out of Iraq you find on DV... I can guarantee there's no other site on the net with as much news provided daily from as large and comprehensive a list of first-source Iraqi news organizations extant today.

Hey k98nights, We definitely appreciate all the posts you and a few others have been putting up everyday. I believe Maynard was not talking about you when he was talking about all the bull@*#$ on here. He is probably talking about a few newer posters who seem to already have a large negative feedback(which should tell you something about them or their intentions!!!!)

Cjmac :D

• Upvote 4

Hey, Woody! :) I know that there are a bunch of folks here, myself included, that really appreciate all the research, editing & posting that you do for us. Thanks for all the hard work! :D

Tom

• Upvote 2

I too really appreciate all the work you and others do to make these articles available to us. Before coming to this site, I was doing the translations myself, so I can really appreciate having it done for me. Yes, much of the verbage coming out of Iraq is confusing, redundant, and quite likely incorrect, but it is all we have. It is like sifting through the dirt to find that one diamond, which from time to time can be found. This is not required reading for anyone, but I for one do want to read it and feel very fortunate to have it made so readily available to us on Dinarvets. Thank you again! :)

• Upvote 3

Just a Friendly reminder to everybody, not that you necessarily need this. Maybe I do:

Keep an eye on the Bull**** meter when scrolling through the topic headers for these news stories. Geez, Louise! (sorry Louise)

I mean really, we might be dumb, but we're definitely not stupid. Scroll down this forum and you can see what the Iraqi propaganda machine is doing. Right now, I'm insulted at the flagrant obviousness of it all. There have been some members that posit that there is some truth to some articles and it is for us to ferret it out. I don't think so. If they really and legitimately DO NOT want us to know, what's the percentage in giving us ANY accurate info. All we can do is read the lies and try to glean the intent.

Time to put on the blinders and go with what you know. It is going to happen, when the reasons behind it, and the forces holding it back reach some sort of symmetry. Keep the faith, rock on and do not buy into anything you can't pay for with your RV money. Like lobster and Salmon Almondine. 2010 Porsche Boxter. 1957 Fender Stratocaster. Giorgio Armani. 10 acres in Newport Beach.

Maynard

good post maynard.....thanks.

I very much appreciate all the articles you provide. God only knows I do not have the time to search the way you do, from over here in Afghanistan. I, by nature, am a highly analytical person. Where most see disarray I see construct. When most see BS I see the truth as it is laid out before me. I gotta say, there have been several stellar articles you provided that went all but amiss by the masses on here. Take for example the article about Kuwait, SA, Bahrain, and Qatar initiating a central bank to govern one currency at one rate.

My man, you made my ten years of sweat and blood not for want with THAT bit of info! :D

Lets see, Kuwait is almost 4 to 1 and SA is around 1 for 4, if SA and Qatar = Kuwait at 4-1, hmmmmmmmmmm B)

• Upvote 4

We must be doing our job right if you're bitching about having too much news instead of not having enough.

Right on, K98knights. Keep on posting the news for us. This goes for the rest of the mods in this forum, too. I am extremely grateful that I don't have to spend hours finding, translating, and posting the news articles pertaining to our investment. As others here have said, give us the news and we will decide what to read/believe/take action on. If we can't do this, then we dishonor the gift of reason that God gave us. We're not Pavlovian animals just reacting to every stimulus, as the Darwinians have been pushing for the last 100 + years. Then again, I don't speak for all, so for those who like to salivate at the sound of a bell, here it comes.....DING!

K98...Yes..you're doing your job very well...What is your job because this seems to be it with all the news you filter through. I'd like to thank you for all the work you do because most people realize how much time it takes to provide it. If this RV doesn't happen I'll still feel ok because I've learned more about a type of country/world that I've never paid attention to before. I've never been to the Middle East and though Obama isn't doing a great job we still live in the USA and because of the veterans out there we are free. Sure as hell beats what allot of other places have including Iraq!!

• Upvote 1

Woody, you're the man!

Keep up the good work.

Just a Friendly reminder to everybody, not that you necessarily need this. Maybe I do:

Keep an eye on the Bull**** meter when scrolling through the topic headers for these news stories. Geez, Louise! (sorry Louise)

I mean really, we might be dumb, but we're definitely not stupid. Scroll down this forum and you can see what the Iraqi propaganda machine is doing. Right now, I'm insulted at the flagrant obviousness of it all. There have been some members that posit that there is some truth to some articles and it is for us to ferret it out. I don't think so. If they really and legitimately DO NOT want us to know, what's the percentage in giving us ANY accurate info. All we can do is read the lies and try to glean the intent.

Time to put on the blinders and go with what you know. It is going to happen, when the reasons behind it, and the forces holding it back reach some sort of symmetry. Keep the faith, rock on and do not buy into anything you can't pay for with your RV money. Like lobster and Salmon Almondine. 2010 Porsche Boxter. 1957 Fender Stratocaster. Giorgio Armani. 10 acres in Newport Beach.

Maynard

Well said ... the old meter has been pegged for some time now ...

Thanks for the post

"Keep the faith, rock on and do not buy into anything you can't pay for with your RV money. Like lobster and Salmon Almondine. 2010 Porsche Boxter. 1957 Fender Stratocaster"

But...can I keep my 58 Precision? :huh:

Phoenix

Is it "Guru" or "GooRue"? :blink:

:lol:

'58 P-Bass! Wow, Phoenix! That's a piece. I saw one on ebay for $18,000 recently. I used to have a white '64 that I bought for 75 bucks. Probably worth $7,500 today. Now there's an RV!

Maynard

Maynard

Maybe I jumped the gun on the Ferrari I bought. The first payment is due next week....GO RV THIS WEEKEND!

'58 P-Bass! Wow, Phoenix! That's a piece. I saw one on ebay for $18,000 recently. I used to have a white '64 that I bought for 75 bucks. Probably worth $7,500 today. Now there's an RV!

Maynard

That 58 is in my dreams!~ LOL! :lol:

But yes...I have my eye on one!

Go RV!

Yea! what he said! Inquiring minds wanna know!