Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama Says 'Certain Right-Wing Media' Outlets Are 'Stoking The Fear And Resentment' Of White Americans

The Week

Obama says 'certain right-wing media' outlets are 'stoking the fear and resentment' of white Americans

935ecbddab465fc64a186fae3f807ba6

Catherine Garcia, Night editor
Mon, June 7, 2021, 11:49 PM

Progress has been made, former President Barack Obama told CNN's Anderson Cooper, but he finds it's still hard for the "majority" of white Americans to "recognize you can be proud of this country and its traditions and its history and our forefathers, and yet it is also true that this terrible stuff happened. The vestiges of that linger and continue."

Obama told Cooper, in an interview broadcast Monday night, that during his time in office, when he "tried to tell that story, oftentimes my political opponents would deliberately not only block out that story but try to exploit it for their own political gain."

In 2009, Obama commented on Massachusetts police officers detaining Harvard Prof. Henry Louis Gates, who is Black, while he was trying to enter his own home, saying Cambridge police "acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home." Obama told Cooper his poll numbers dropped with white voters after he made these remarks, and that "gives a sense of the degree to which these things are still ... they're deep in us. And, you know, sometimes unconscious."

There are also "certain right-wing media venues, for example, that monetize and capitalize on stoking the fear and resentment of a white population that is witnessing a change in America," Obama said. The nationalization of media and politics is making it so Americans are occupying "different worlds," he told Cooper, and when people are this divided, it "becomes that much more difficult for us to hear each other, see each other. We have more economic stratification and segregation. You combine that with racial stratification and the siloing of the media, so you don't have just Walter Cronkite delivering the news, but you have 1,000 different venues. All that has contributed to that sense that we don't have anything in common."

To try to bridge the divide, Obama said, Americans need to be able to see each other in person, to hold face-to-face conversations. "The question now becomes, how do we create those venues, those meeting places for people to do that?" he continued. "Because right now, we don't have them and we're seeing the consequences of that."

https://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-certain-wing-media-034900657.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, caddieman said:

Get ready for the red rubies to fly for just posting this article! 

Rubies are earned for a reason. Your idiotic comments are why you get you them. While I don't agree with lots of Shabs posts, they don't really deserve them when they are his opinion.

pp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

17 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

While I don't agree with lots of Shabs posts, they don't really deserve them when they are his opinion.

pp

I appreciate that sentiment, pp.....they are so fed up with me now, they're even negging my funny posts in the silly smiles ll thread.  B)

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, pokerplayer said:

Rubies are earned for a reason. Your idiotic comments are why you get you them. While I don't agree with lots of Shabs posts, they don't really deserve them when they are his opinion.

pp

And all I said was he was going to get rubies for posting an article. And you get offended by this simple comment. And feel the need to chime in and attack. Rubies are not earned here when you get them for just posting an article. Which was my point. The fact you feel you have to attack just proves my point. Many of my comments come because people like you attack for absolutely NO reason. Sorry if it offends you that I respond to personal attacks. Sorry I don’t roll over for you! Lay down your red ruby and move on!

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

Thanks for the article.  It’s another subtle divisive piece that is neither helpful or necessary.  Obama has been stroking the flames of race for years.  His comments like this infuriate white people and bring great joy to black people.  

Imo, Obama is a pushing us closer to a Race War.  He plays to the fears and pent up resentment of blacks.  His style is slick but imo he is no different than Trump and they both have brought division to America.  

I would  like to hear what Obama has to say about Antifa and BLM looting and destroying businesses.  I would like to also hear what he has to say about all the Media, especially CNN lying to stoke resentment.  I really want to hear what Obama thinks about our Economy and how Biden has driven the car into the ditch.  I would like to hear what Obama thinks about our Open Borders and the increase in Crime in Border States like Texas and Arizona.  We don’t even talk about California anymore.  It’s a wasteland due to Dem policies like Open Borders and high taxes.  

If Trump is a Racist then so is Obama

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

BTW, there is nothing sinister about a Rubie.  It’s just someone’s opinion of your post.  It’s just a downvote.  In this case it represents someone’s displeasure of another dumb article brought to an overwhelming conservative website in order to agitate.  Everyday he posts one sided agenda driven dribble like a petulant little child begging for attention.  

I would love to discuss current affairs but in this forum there is no discussion, just talking points from CNN, MSNBC, Fox or some other right leaning site.  There isn’t  any reason or debate, just anger, arrogance, I’m right and you are wrong.  

In case you haven’t noticed we are slowly losing our freedoms our economy and our Country.  Politicians that we have elected to fix the problems are only making it worse as their rhetoric is divisive and full of bluster. 

And as always this post is just my option.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

The Independent

Fox host rants minorities are trying to ‘take down’ white culture

Harriet Sinclair
Wed, June 9, 2021, 11:40 AM·2 min read

(Fox News)

(Fox News)

A Fox News host claimed white people are “being marginalised” as schools take steps to teach “critical race theory”, while another suggested racism was not an issue in the US because Barack Obama had been president.

Speaking on Fox & Friends on Wednesday morning, Brian Kilmeade suggested that critical race theory - which is being widely debated and is based around the idea that racism is a social construct - meant damaging white culture, although he did not define what he understood by either critical race theory or white culture.

“They’re not acknowledging any improvement in our culture, the gains made, how we are more equal, even despite our faults, than any other country,” Mr Kilmeade said on Wednesday.

“The other thing is they are not only trying to raise up minorities and make sure the playing field is even, they’re trying to take down the white culture.

“This generation of Americans wonders why aren’t we all Americans? Why are we being marginalised on a daily basis based on our gender, our sexuality, and the colour of our skin. And it’s not even subtle! It is actually out there! It is written in black and white!”

His comments came as Georgia banned the teaching of critical race theory in its schools, joining a number of states that have already done so - Idaho, Oklahoma, Montana and Tennessee - while at least 11 other states are in the process of doing so.

Critics of the theory argue it is reductive, while those who back teaching of the decades-old theory say it is necessary to help combat racism.

Mr Kilmeade’s co-host Steve Doocy appeared to suggest that there was no need to tackle racism at a school level, adding: “It was just a couple of years ago where the United States of America elected an African-American as president of the United States.

“You know, the biggest entertainers, the biggest sports stars are African-Americans.”

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-host-rants-minorities-trying-154011748.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 1

Business Insider

Tucker Carlson called Obama a 'hater' for saying that right-wing outlets capitalize on white people's fears

Grace Panetta
Wed, June 9, 2021, 9:30 AM·2 min read

Tucker Carlson Obama

Fox News' Tucker Carlson. Screenshot via Fox News
  • Fox News' Tucker Carlson called former President Barack Obama "a hater" Tuesday night.

• Obama told CNN that some right-wing media outlets "capitalizes on" stoking racial resentment.

• "That guy is a hater. For real," Carlson said, accusing Obama of "dividing the country."

Fox News' Tucker Carlson called former President Barack Obama "a hater" for criticizing conservative media and mocking opponents of critical race theory.

"Barack Obama spent eight years dividing the country along racial lines. You'd think that'd be enough, more than most people do, you'd think he'd retreat to Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard, but he's back to let you know that if you have any problem with your kid's teachers telling you that some races are better than others, you, my friend, are the racist," Carlson said in his Tuesday-night show.

In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper that aired Monday, Obama called out right-wing media outlets for stoking racial resentment.

"There are certain right-wing media venues, for example, that monetize and capitalize on stoking the fear and resentment of a white population that is witnessing a changing America and see demographic changes, and do everything they can to give people a sense that their way of life is threatened," Obama said.

"Low and behold, the single most important issue to them apparently is critical race theory. Who knew that was the threat to our Republic," Obama added, chuckling.

Carlson responded: "That guy is a hater. For real."

Republican lawmakers around the country are on a quest to bar educators in schools from teaching concepts based in critical race theory.

Critical race theory broadly posits that racism in the US comes not just from individuals being bigoted or prejudiced but is structural, systemic, and firmly embedded in US institutions and fundamentally shapes the country Americans know today.

Conservatives, like Carlson, disagree with critical race theory's central tenet that racism in America is widespread and argue that teaching white children that racism is systemic is akin to teaching them to hate themselves.

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-called-obama-hater-133015452.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:
Business Insider

Tucker Carlson called Obama a 'hater' for saying that right-wing outlets capitalize on white people's fears

Grace Panetta
Wed, June 9, 2021, 9:30 AM·2 min read

Tucker Carlson Obama

Fox News' Tucker Carlson. Screenshot via Fox News
  • Fox News' Tucker Carlson called former President Barack Obama "a hater" Tuesday night.

• Obama told CNN that some right-wing media outlets "capitalizes on" stoking racial resentment.

• "That guy is a hater. For real," Carlson said, accusing Obama of "dividing the country."

Fox News' Tucker Carlson called former President Barack Obama "a hater" for criticizing conservative media and mocking opponents of critical race theory.

"Barack Obama spent eight years dividing the country along racial lines. You'd think that'd be enough, more than most people do, you'd think he'd retreat to Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard, but he's back to let you know that if you have any problem with your kid's teachers telling you that some races are better than others, you, my friend, are the racist," Carlson said in his Tuesday-night show.

In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper that aired Monday, Obama called out right-wing media outlets for stoking racial resentment.

"There are certain right-wing media venues, for example, that monetize and capitalize on stoking the fear and resentment of a white population that is witnessing a changing America and see demographic changes, and do everything they can to give people a sense that their way of life is threatened," Obama said.

"Low and behold, the single most important issue to them apparently is critical race theory. Who knew that was the threat to our Republic," Obama added, chuckling.

Carlson responded: "That guy is a hater. For real."

Republican lawmakers around the country are on a quest to bar educators in schools from teaching concepts based in critical race theory.

Critical race theory broadly posits that racism in the US comes not just from individuals being bigoted or prejudiced but is structural, systemic, and firmly embedded in US institutions and fundamentally shapes the country Americans know today.

Conservatives, like Carlson, disagree with critical race theory's central tenet that racism in America is widespread and argue that teaching white children that racism is systemic is akin to teaching them to hate themselves.

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-called-obama-hater-133015452.html

GO RV, then BV

Tucker is 100% correct !!! Obama wants to stoke racism and divisiveness in this country .... who the hell does he think he is to want people not to care what is being taught to the youth of this country ... the true racist’s are the Democratic Party 

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

13 minutes ago, Shelley said:

Tucker is 100% correct !!! Obama wants to stoke racism and divisiveness in this country .... who the hell does he think he is to want people not to care what is being taught to the youth of this country ... the true racist’s are the Democratic Party 

From Tucker's position, as a white person of significant means, on a national platform with an overtly large Caucasian audience, it only makes sense for him make such claims....it pays the bills and keeps him in the frontrunners seat in ratings.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

From Tucker's position, as a white person of significant means, on a national platform with an overtly large Caucasian audience, it only makes sense for him make such claims....it pays the bills and keeps him in the frontrunners seat in ratings.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV 

My opinion is Tucker made the statement because he is right and needs to call out Obama also a man of significant means 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Shelley said:

My opinion is Tucker made the statement because he is right and needs to call out Obama also a man of significant means 

I understand completely.....as that is the same way most minorities feel about their point of view.  That's the whole point isn't it....to eliminate racial boundaries?  

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I understand completely.....as that is the same way most minorities feel about their point of view.  That's the whole point isn't it....to eliminate racial boundaries?  

GO RV, then BV

CRT is not about eliminating racism , it teaches hate and racism , so I feel it’s something the first Black President (voted in  twice ) shouldn’t be stoking any credence to !!!

Do you think only black American’s voted for him ?

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 3

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
The Independent

Fox host rants minorities are trying to ‘take down’ white culture

Harriet Sinclair
Wed, June 9, 2021, 11:40 AM·2 min read

(Fox News)

(Fox News)

A Fox News host claimed white people are “being marginalised” as schools take steps to teach “critical race theory”, while another suggested racism was not an issue in the US because Barack Obama had been president.

Speaking on Fox & Friends on Wednesday morning, Brian Kilmeade suggested that critical race theory - which is being widely debated and is based around the idea that racism is a social construct - meant damaging white culture, although he did not define what he understood by either critical race theory or white culture.

“They’re not acknowledging any improvement in our culture, the gains made, how we are more equal, even despite our faults, than any other country,” Mr Kilmeade said on Wednesday.

“The other thing is they are not only trying to raise up minorities and make sure the playing field is even, they’re trying to take down the white culture.

“This generation of Americans wonders why aren’t we all Americans? Why are we being marginalised on a daily basis based on our gender, our sexuality, and the colour of our skin. And it’s not even subtle! It is actually out there! It is written in black and white!”

His comments came as Georgia banned the teaching of critical race theory in its schools, joining a number of states that have already done so - Idaho, Oklahoma, Montana and Tennessee - while at least 11 other states are in the process of doing so.

Critics of the theory argue it is reductive, while those who back teaching of the decades-old theory say it is necessary to help combat racism.

Mr Kilmeade’s co-host Steve Doocy appeared to suggest that there was no need to tackle racism at a school level, adding: “It was just a couple of years ago where the United States of America elected an African-American as president of the United States.

“You know, the biggest entertainers, the biggest sports stars are African-Americans.”

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-host-rants-minorities-trying-154011748.html

GO RV, then BV

He speaks truth....and the MSM throws gas on the fire!

CL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1