Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq is about to buy two ships to develop the naval fleet

yota691

Iraq is about to buy two ships to develop the naval fleet

382 Sweeteners 2021/05/16 22:24 Baghdad Today -

Follow-up Today, Sunday, Minister of Transport, Nasser Hussein Al-Shibli, announced that the ministry intends to purchase two ships to develop the maritime fleet, while noting that the ministry is working to provide all the requirements for raising the Iraqi flag over the ships. Al-Shibli said, in a statement carried by the Iraqi News Agency (INA), that "the Iraqi naval fleet was severely damaged as a result of what was exposed to it because of the wars that occurred on Iraq," pointing out that "Iraq currently has a few ships that do not meet the ambition." He added, "The Ministry of Transport operates through chartering ships, and there is an intention to buy two ships through a contract signed since 2013, but it has not been implemented throughout the past period," stressing that "the ministry is currently negotiating to sign this contract if all requirements are met." He explained, "The Ministry is currently working with the Iraqi Maritime Aviation Authority, which was established soon, to raise the Iraqi flag on the Iraqi ships by providing all the requirements related to the maritime organization," pointing out that "the ministry does not currently have a directive to manufacture ships, but it went to buy." Or just rent. "

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Okay, So just how the hell are they going to pay for these ships, let alone crew these ships or put fuel in these ships (okay they have the Fuel) at a 6th of a US Penny.

Come on Iraq....You know what you are doing and pretty much so do a lot of other people....Just get it done.

No better time like the Present for Iraq To Step out of the Dark Age and into the Modern 21st Century and back to the Glory Days of the Past.

Karsten

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, haymon said:

Can I have mine in blue?

download (2).jpeg

When I was a kid, I dressed up like a pirate, to play. I used to like to stick my left index finger, in the left side of my mouth. Same time I would put my right index finger, in the right side of my mouth. Then I'd pull both fingers apart at same time, and loudly say "I WAS BORN IN A PIRATE SHIP!" 🤣:pirateship:💩:cheesehead:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Transport is negotiating to complete a contract since 2013

Baghdad: Shatha Al-Janabi

The Ministry of Transport is negotiating to complete a contract concluded since 2013 for the purchase of two ships to be added to the country's fleet, while the construction and rehabilitation works of three berths at Umm Qasr al-Janoubi port have been completed.
The director of the Ministry's General Company for Iraq Ports, Farhan Muhaisen Al-Fartousi, said to “Al-Sabah”: The ministry, due to the small number of ships it owns and its reliance on the charterer, is negotiating to complete a contract to purchase two ships after fulfilling all of his requirements, explaining that “the contract was concluded in 2013,” However, it has not yet been implemented. ” The ministry had announced in 2012 its contract with a Korean company to manufacture two large ships, (Basra) and (Ur), each with a tonnage of 17,000 tons, bringing the number of ships within the country's fleet to eight ships by the year 2014. A fleet of 24 ships, only one ship, Al-Nasser, was left after 2003, which he bought in 1989 and is still in service. For his part, the director of the southern port of Umm Qasr, Muthanna Jabbar Jassim, told “Al-Sabah” that “Three berths at Umm Qasr South Port, 4, 6 and 7 have been rehabilitated and completed, which took place in parallel with the unloading and shipping operations, and a good rate of revenue was achieved for the ports with the completion of the rehabilitation works for the berths. ». He pointed out, "the existence of expansion works in the infrastructure, rehabilitation at the entrance and roads of Umm Qasr ports, in addition to the expansion of the squares that have contributed greatly to the smoothness of the exit of goods and the facilitation of entry of trucks, and the speed of examination and completion in the customs exit, in addition to the operations of landing, departure, handling and exit of goods and procedures. Administrative and financial related to this work ».
  • Upvote 3