Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO AMERICA? This Is WELL SAID!

Smokey Mtn. Dinar

Well 

I disagree with the second sentence. Years ago, when my parents were alive, dad worked mom stayed home. We 7 kids grew up believing that was the way to do it. Later generations wanted more stuff quickly soooo, the wife needed a job to help pay for more stuff instead of investing time at home and kids. People laugh at Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, Di*k Van Dyke show, Father knows Best but those shows were a model of what works. Outside of the nuclear family you take situations as they come. GOD, Family, Country. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

When I was a child in the 60's, we lived in the Northeast US. My dad worked at a grocery store, until he got through the police academy, then he was a police officer for several years, until he had to take a disability retirement. Job related injury. My mother had to work too. Because not only were they taking care of us (my parents had 4 daughters). But they had family back in West Virginia, coal country, that were having a hard time. They would send money back to the family there, to help them.  When dad retired in 1972, we moved back to the south, to NC.  Some just had no choice but to work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My dad farmed plus worked FT at the local grain elevator cleaning grain and making fertilizer. Which eventually gave him cancer. My mom worked FT too just to make farm payment. Was a tough life but didn't seem so at the time and taking care of the house and feeding the threshing crew was my job. I still can't cook right unless cooking for a dozen men. 😆😆😆

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I speak only of the normal situation. I have all the sympathy of families that have hardships that force 2 parents to work. That includes single parent families as well. 

My apologies to those who may have misunderstood or were offended by my post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/12/2021 at 11:55 PM, nstoolman1 said:

I speak only of the normal situation. I have all the sympathy of families that have hardships that force 2 parents to work. That includes single parent families as well. 

My apologies to those who may have misunderstood or were offended by my post.

No offense here. I knew exactly where you were going. I think most here do, except for the idiot snowflake brigade.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3