Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

7 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

don't have an issue with LGD at all, he just happens to have posted a couple of threads that are obvious nonsense

You have the right to your opinion. So sad That like ALL liberals you think I don't have a right to mine. Keep walking down the road you're going and it won't be long before you are gone. May I suggest that you read the Forum rules. 

I've come back to edit this post because I already know that you're going to deny your violation of the forum rules and I want to show you that you most certainly have done so.

By your own admission the only reason that you finally signed up to join DV was because you wanted to attack me for some of the subject matter in my post. So your very reason for joining was in violation of the

FORUM RULES. A continuation of your violations of these rules WILL result in your being banned from posting. 

Overall Community Attitude

• Keep in mind that DinarVets is a family, and a community.
  • Our purpose is to share, help and support others.
  • Always display a positive, friendly attitude.
  • Be respectful of others' opinions.
  • Allow your fellow members to voice their opinions.
  • DO NOT deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!

9 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

Brand new to the site and you did not waste any time stirring up the pot.

Nice,  pp

Amazing how these liberals lie, cheat and steal everything, yet they are boiling up with uncontrollable rage. 

8 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

Thank you.  I accept your apology, if that is what it was, though you really need to make it to the membership not just me.  Your plea to not have your falsehoods pointed out in the future makes me think its not particularly genuine.  You claim to be an expert on the teachings of Jesus, so what would he say about making an apology so covered in snark as to be unrecognizable?  

There was no apology, it was pure sarcasm dripping with discuss at your moronic attempt to stifle my opinions. You aren't just disagreeing with me but trying to shut me up. Nothing could show your ignorance more. And you CERTAINLY haven't been lurking here long or you would DEFINITELY know that shutting me up isn't  gonna happen. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Pow! 2

10 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

There was no apology, it was pure sarcasm dripping with discuss at your moronic attempt to stifle my opinions. You aren't just disagreeing with me but trying to shut me up. Nothing could show your ignorance more. And you CERTAINLY haven't been lurking here long or you would DEFINITELY know that shutting me up isn't  gonna happen. 

I have not attacked you personally, nor tried to shut you up nor had any issue with your OPINIONS.  in this thread you yourself stipulate to the basic facts

* Only female mosquitos bite

* Only males with this modification are released

* The modification prevents females from surviving the larval stage

So clearly no biting mosquito will ever have this modification.  That is a fact, not my opinion.  Yet you claim it is your opinion that this project will result in

"female mosquito's start biting our young daughters, passing on the genetic material that will cause their deaths?".

That is not an option, it is simply wrong.  I have not engaged on your hatred of Gates.  I disagree with it, but that IS an opinion.

Maybe the disconnect here is on option vs fact.  Do you think there are facts? i.e. that there is a discernible physical world?  or is everything in a persons view of the world an opinion?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IChooseReality said:

Only males with this modification are released

* The modification prevents females from surviving the larval stage

How you fail to see the flaw in this comment is ASTOUNDING. 

So if the Male carriers of the Modification pass said Modification on to the female mosquitoes, what you are suggesting is that the Male mosquitoes have sex with larvae :shrug:

Obviously not. The Male mosquitoes pass the Genetic Modification on to full grown Female, who are going to bite human Females. Thus passing on the Modification. 

SIMPLE LOGIC 

Watch "logical (said by Spock)" on YouTube

Maybe the disconnect here is on option vs fact.  Do you think there are facts? i.e. that there is a discernible physical world?  or is everything in a persons view of the world an opinion

Actually the truth is BOTH. 

There is a discernable and physical world. The problem only begins when we try to perceive it. In doing so it's human nature to place our opinions on what we perceive. To remove the perceived opinion is to remove all of one's humanity and really become a Vulcan. TOTAL LOGIC. 

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

How you fail to see the flaw in this comment is ASTOUNDING. 

So if the Male carriers of the Modification pass said Modification on to the female mosquitoes, what you are suggesting is that the Male mosquitoes have sex with larvae :shrug:

Obviously not. The Male mosquitoes pass the Genetic Modification on to full grown Female, who are going to bite human Females. Thus passing on the Modification. 

SIMPLE LOGIC 

Your lack of understanding of basic reproductive biology is what is astounding.  Mating does not modify the DNA of either male or female but produces a new set of DNA in the egg.  So the females do NOT in any way get this modification, only the eggs.    The hatched efemaleail larva die, the hatched male larva mature and for a few generations carry this modification.

This is not a virus that can be transmitted from one adult to another it is a modification in the DNA of the males.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Actually the truth is BOTH. 

There is a discernable and physical world. The problem only begins when we try to perceive it. In doing so it's human nature to place our opinions on what we perceive. To remove the perceived opinion is to remove all of one's humanity and really become a Vulcan. TOTAL LOGIC. 

Do you think the fact that 2+2=4 is colored by you opinion?  I don't see how.  Separating fact from opinion is key to understanding the real world and in no way removes one's humanity.   Its not something we will ever be perfect at doing but agreeing to what is real, having a shared view of the physical world is what has made our technological civilization possible.   The application of a systematic approach to discerning the physical world as opposed to just giving an opinion, is what changed in western civilization in the mid 1600s (earlier in other places) and is what has given rise to the astonishing advances in the 400 years since compared to the previous few thousand years.

• Thanks 2

the hatched male larva mature and for a few generations carry this modification

Already, you're making assumptions not found in the report that I posted. Which is about as scientific as the 'Consensus of Scientists' concerning so called global warming. This is a wonderful segway for my next comment below. 

Even if I take your 'assumptions' above as plausible, to conclude that said Genetic Modification found in the biology of the new males is incapable of creating it's own Modifications so as to become capable of transmitting to the females is purely an opinion that has yet to be tested scientifically. 

So my comments stand as they were meant to be, which is my own hypothesis of what 'Could happen', and were in no way ment to be taken otherwise. 

and is what has given rise to the astonishing advances in the 400 years since compared to the previous few thousand years

I tend to agree with your comments here, Nevertheless, you fail to understand something about me. That being my Foundation in my Deep Faith in God. 

I started an entire thread here that goes into quite a lot of detail about my "Opinion", of Science and the so called "Wonderful" advances it has brought us. My experience holds little doubt that humanity is most assuredly not "so much the better" because of science. Indeed the scientific advances are so expanded that humanity as a whole has not only forgotten their God but has BLATANTLY turned their backs on him. 

Thus the scientifically deduced theory that "Science" has in fact destroyed humanity and has given men the ability to literally destroy the world itself stands as stark evidence to support my hypothesis. 

58 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Already, you're making assumptions not found in the report that I posted.

How so?  If you are referring to the self limiting aspect, that is discussed in many reports on this technology including on Oxitec's site.

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Which is about as scientific as the 'Consensus of Scientists' concerning so called global warming.

Global warming has been clearly shown to be real by a huge mountain of evidence since it was first proposed in the 70s.  Back then you would be right to be skeptical.  Not now.

Even if I take your 'assumptions' above as plausible, to conclude that said Genetic Modification found in the biology of the new males is incapable of creating it's own Modifications so as to become capable of transmitting to the females is purely an opinion that has yet to be tested scientifically. 

So my comments stand as they were meant to be, which is my own hypothesis of what 'Could happen', and were in no way ment to be taken otherwise. 

Mating does not cause the genome of the female to be modified or even susceptible to be modified by the genome of the male.   There is no mechanism or pathway to do so.  The notion that this small bit of DNA is somehow going to create an entirely new biological system is ridiculous.  Further your initial comments were not about what "could" happen, as false as even that is.  You said

And when a monster like that does something like releasing Genetically Modified Mosquito's onto the American People there can be only one reason. 

and

How long do you think it will be before the female mosquito's start biting our young daughters, passing on the genetic material that will cause their deaths?

So you said "only one reason" and "how long" not if or could.

I tend to agree with your comments here, Nevertheless, you fail to understand something about me. That being my Foundation in my Deep Faith in God. 

I started an entire thread here that goes into quite a lot of detail about my "Opinion", of Science and the so called "Wonderful" advances it has brought us. My experience holds little doubt that humanity is most assuredly not "so much the better" because of science. Indeed the scientific advances are so expanded that humanity as a whole has not only forgotten their God but has BLATANTLY turned their backs on him. 

Thus the scientifically deduced theory that "Science" has in fact destroyed humanity and has given men the ability to literally destroy the world itself stands as stark evidence to support system" rel="">support my hypothesis. 

I agree that we have invented a lot of stuff that we have used to our determent.  Still you're not living out in a hut as a hunter gatherer are you?  Me neither.  We're in a very dangerous time and I have no idea how it will turn out.  We could come together to use technology to solve problems or we could continue to degrade our environment or even kill ourselves off.   its easy to be pessimistic but if you look at poverty rates, literacy, disease, etc. all are wildly improved from say the 1500s despite a vastly higher population.

Has the development of science lead to fewer people believing in the supernatural?   Seems reasonable.   However it seems to me that people have a need to have an explanation for things.  Pre-science that explanation was mostly the supernatural as that was all there was.   Now science provides such explanations so belief in the supernatural is likely much lower than say in he middle ages.  But was that really a belief or just a handy story to fill in for "why did that happen"?

To complete the picture I am an atheist and have no doubt about it and never really have.  Even as a child gods never made any sense to me.  There are certainly good prescriptions for living in the teachings of some religions (be kind, help people in need and so on) and I like the Buddhist view that we are the source of our own mental suffering, but the supernatural aspect of them all has always seemed clearly wrong to me.  The supernatural just does not exist

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

Global warming has been clearly shown to be real by a huge mountain of evidence since it was first proposed in the 70s

Actually Global warming, as a theory can be traced back to the 1912.

1912 Newspaper Article Predict Global Warming?

And then there's this one from 1920.

Two researchers here spent months scouring through old expedition logs and reports, and reviewing 70-year-old maps and photos before making a surprising discovery: They found that the effects of the current warming and melting of Greenland 's glaciers that has alarmed the world's climate scientists occurred in the decades following an abrupt warming in the 1920s.

Truthfully, though, I could go on and on all the way back to the early 1800s. Where scientists have been predicting that the oceans will flood the earth every 20 years. Still it hasn't happened. 

What HAS happened from the beginning of time, however, is climate. Otherwise known as, "The Weather". 

Mating does not cause the genome of the female to be modified or even susceptible to be modified by the genome of the male.   There is no mechanism or pathway to do so.  The notion that this small bit of DNA is somehow going to create an entirely new biological system is ridiculous.  Further your initial comments were not about what "could" happen, as false as even that is.

First of all, allow me to point out your totally unscientific analysis here. 

One simply cannot make the statement that a "Theory" is "Ridiculous" from a scientific point of view without having first proven said point of view via repeated scientific studies. And to my knowledge other than GMOs no one has ever released a genetically modified insect into the ecosystem until now. 

If you had spent the time lurking here and reading my 11 years of posting, you would understand that whilst I believe science to be a Satanic tool used by humans to control the masses via fear tactics, I most certainly have studied science in Great Detail. As a Marine I believe it is good to know one's enemies. 

Having said that, most of my post are intended to do two things, first create traffic on this site. Second, create the expansion of thought commonly known as, "Critical thinking ". It's best to read my material mostly as an Hypothesis. 

We could come together to use technology to solve problems

And in some situations that has happened. Nevertheless, from my perspective the damage done to humanity as a whole is far greater than the good. 

look at poverty rates, literacy, disease, etc. all are wildly improved from say the 1500s

Again I am a Marine that grew up as a military brat.  My travels of the world go back to six years old. I can assure you without question that your statement is wrong. I've seen it with my own eyes all my life. 

In America your statement is true. The average person living in poverty here has a cell phone, car and air conditioning. These are unknown Luxuries throughout most of the rest of the world. 

However it seems to me that people have a need to have an explanation for things.  Pre-science that explanation was mostly the supernatural as that was all there was.

As God intended it to be. 

The only explanation we have ever needed was a pure Faith in God. 

The supernatural just does not exist

You make this comment and think I'm the one suffering from a negative state of being :( Sad. 

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Actually Global warming, as a theory can be traced back to the 1912.

OK, how about the modern theory of global warming.   Sure melting of glaciers has been seen s potentially problematic for a long time.  We have a lot more data about it and a lot better ability to measure things now than we did in 1912.  The fact that some scientists were wrong in 1912 does not in any way negate the huge amount of data and the support by virtually all scientists today.  By your methodology since in the late 1800s a few astronomers claimed there were canals on Mars, obviously later shown to be wrong then all we know about that planet today must also be wrong.

First of all, allow me to point out your totally unscientific analysis here. 

One simply cannot make the statement that a "Theory" is "Ridiculous" from a scientific point of view without having first proven said point of view via repeated scientific studies. And to my knowledge other than GMOs no one has ever released a genetically modified insect into the ecosystem until now. 

Of course you can when that "theory" (and yes I use that term extremely loosely)  has no basis in fact what so ever.   The idea that we should test to make sure this modification will not spontaneously create entirely new multiple biological infrastructures (cross species no less) let alone do so so fast that it happens before the modification is gone is ridiculous, nonsensical, and not even worthy comic book status.

Having said that, most of my post are intended to do two things, first create traffic on this site. Second, create the expansion of thought commonly known as, "Critical thinking ".

I see very little critical thinking in your posts.  You post then defend that post no matter how false its shown to be.  You appear to me to be entirely driven by your ideology.

in response to my statement that "look at poverty rates, literacy, disease, etc. all are wildly improved from say the 1500s"

Again I am a Marine that grew up as a military brat.  My travels of the world go back to six years old. I can assure you without question that your statement is wrong. I've seen it with my own eyes all my life. 

So "with your own eyes" you have seen global rates of literacy, poverty, or disease?  Of course not.  Do these things still exist?  Of course (and I can say that with confidence even without the traveling I have done). I never said otherwise.  But they are far far lower than they were in even the 1800s let alone the 1500s

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/cross-country-literacy-rates

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/life-expectancy

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/world-population-in-extreme-poverty-absolute?country=~OWID_WRL

You suffer from the fallacy that your individual experience informs you about the entire planet.  Alas you are far from alone in this characteristic.

But I'd still share a pizza with you if we were to ever meet. :-)

Edited by IChooseReality
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, IChooseReality said:

The fact that some scientists were wrong in 1912 does not in any way negate the huge amount of data and the support system" rel="">support by virtually all scientists today

No it does not. But it does show a history of being wrong.,thus the theory of global warming has yet to be proven. 

The idea that we should test to make sure this modification will not spontaneously create entirely new multiple biological infrastructures (cross species no less) let alone do so so fast that it happens before the modification is gone is ridiculous

Not to study something by using the time proven method of Scientific theory is what I think to be "Ridiculous". Just the possibility requires a study IMO. Truthfully, the subjects at risk are people. 

see very little critical thinking in your posts.  You post then defend that post no matter how false its shown to be.  You appear to me to be entirely driven by your ideology

I could justifiably say the same of you but I don't. I'm not offended by disagreements. From disagreements comes vigorous debate and from that comes a willingness to search out all possibilities. 

So "with your own eyes" you have seen global rates of literacy, poverty, or disease?  Of course not

I have traveled around the world 4 and a half times and visited every continent on earth. So, YES, I have, "Seen it with my own eyes". Please don't be so condescending, we're just having a good conversation. And whether you or I agree or not isn't the point. That we carry on with respect for each other's opinions is. 

But they are far far lower than they were in even the 1800s let alone the 1500s

Again, that is your opinion. It's not been my personal experience. Let's just agree to disagree here. :hug:

You suffer from the fallacy that your individual experience informs you about the entire planet.  Alas you are far from alone in this characteristic

IMO I only "suffer" from one thing, that being the neverending suffering of humanity at the hands of nefarious people thinking themselves to be superior to everyone else. 

But I'd still share a pizza with you if we were to ever meet

As I would you. That'd be "A good conversation".

No it does not. But it does show a history of being wrong.,thus the theory of global warming has yet to be proven. 

No.  You do not seem to understand how science works.  Of course scientists get things wrong, especially when their conclusions is based little data (as was the case for the claim of canals on Mars).  Publishing a peer reviewed result is only the beginning.  It must be verified by others and stand the test of time.  We have 40+ years of data on global warming at this point and at each step of the way the data almost always show that its WORSE than we previously thought.  That's as close to a "proof" as you can get outside of a domain such as mathematics.

Not to study something by using the time proven method of Scientific theory is what I think to be "Ridiculous". Just the possibility requires a study IMO. Truthfully, the subjects at risk are people. 

This claimed "possibility" is only something you imagine, it's not real.

I could justifiably say the same of you but I don't. I'm not offended by disagreements. From disagreements comes vigorous debate and from that comes a willingness to search out all possibilities. 

You could say it, but I don't think you can point to evidence to support it as I can for you and will do just below.

I have traveled around the world 4 and a half times and visited every continent on earth. So, YES, I have, "Seen it with my own eyes". Please don't be so condescending, we're just having a good conversation. And whether you or I agree or not isn't the point. That we carry on with respect for each other's opinions is. 

Your travels and personal experience in no way tell you the rate of poverty, disease, or literacy in the country you are in even for the time you are there, let alone how it has changed over the centuries (which was the question).  That takes actual data collection, historical research and analysis.  Had your travels only taken you to wealthy areas of various countries would you say these issues had been wiped out?    I'm not being condescending and if it appeared that way I apologize.  The fallacy of thinking that one's perusal experience somehow indicates the state of the world is all too common.  But its a fallacy none the less.  Note also that I provided links to analysis of how these issues have changed over long periods.  There are actual discernible facts of the world, everything is not just an opinion.

Here is Steven Pinker giving a TED talk (TED talks are always 20 minutes) on this general subject and specially what the data says about it.

We have 40+ years of data on global warming at this point and at each step of the way the data almost always show that its WORSE than we previously thought

This is all True, Nevertheless, I perceive it from a spiritual perspective.  Everything that your "data" shows was prophesied 2000 years ago in the Holy Bible. 

And while I not only understand your feelings on this subject I also respect your opinion. It's just that I'm incapable of omitting that evidence from my psyche. 

This claimed "possibility" is only something you imagine, it's not real

Isn't every scientific invention and fact the creation of someone's imagination? Through the process of scientific research such "imaginations" are either proven right or wrong. 

Again my feelings about Bill Gates are solely based on his own comments about population control. As a Christian I probably shouldn't be so harsh, but I did say that the only suffering I have is because of the Machiavellian beliefs imposed upon the unsuspecting masses by people with nefarious desires. For me that is definitely Bill Gates. 

On 5/13/2021 at 4:17 AM, IChooseReality said:

Global warming has been clearly shown to be real by a huge mountain of evidence since it was first proposed in the 70s.  Back then you would be right to be skeptical.  Not now

:bs: ,Believers like you use computer models which can't even tell us where the track of a hurricane is gonna go until it almost hits land. And we are supposed to sit around ruin our economy as bad as covid did by paying out the arse in carbon tax. Yea, right. How condescendingly arrogant of humans thinking that they can control climate and nature. We have develpoed the capability to destroy mankind with nucs and viruses and physcial structures with nucs, but MAKE NO MISTAKE,the earth and nature WILL survive. Unless the entire planet explodes from within, Mother Earth will be here LONG after we are gone. Hell, one volcanic eruption spews more CO2 that the US omits in an entire year. Think you can control a volcano. Oh, sorry, that's right Liberards think they are smart enough to control ANYTHING!!! My Bad!!

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

:bs: ,Believers like you use computer models which can't even tell us where the track of a hurricane is gonna go until it almost hits land. And we are supposed to sit around ruin our economy as bad as covid did by paying out the arse in carbon tax. Yea, right. How condescendingly arrogant of humans thinking that they can control climate and nature. We have develpoed the capability to destroy mankind with nucs and viruses and physcial structures with nucs, but MAKE NO MISTAKE,the earth and nature WILL survive. Unless the entire planet explodes from within, Mother Earth will be here LONG after we are gone. Hell, one volcanic eruption spews more CO2 that the US omits in an entire year. Think you can control a volcano. Oh, sorry, that's right Liberards think they are smart enough to control ANYTHING!!! My Bad!!

Break out the Sharpie for accurate hurricane forecasting, eh fr8dawg?  ;)

Trump Insists He Was Right About Hurricane Dorian Heading for Alabama - The  New York Times

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

That is their greatest flaw. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Not even close.  Entire track, not projected, but actual.

Best Hurricane Track GIFs | Gfycat

GO RV, then BV

I remember this well as you and I went back and forth on whether or not it affected Georgia. It did, but you prefer to believe the lying LAME STREAM MEDIA. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I remember this well as you and I went back and forth on whether or not it affected Georgia. It did, but you prefer to believe the lying LAME STREAM MEDIA. 

Trump circled a portion of Georgia with his sharpie to get to ALABAMA.....you can't change historical facts just because you want to.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

Science, Statistics, The Internet....... individually or collectly.....

Up can be down.....down can be up......black can be white....white can be black...(you get the idea)

Everything and anything can be shaped the way those writing about it wish....

Now.....back to Bill Gates....

Interesting guy with alot of skeletons in his closet.....or so we hear anyhow....

CL

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Trump circled a portion of Georgia with his sharpie to get to ALABAMA.....you can't change historical facts just because you want to.

GO RV, then BV

Knit pick comes to mind here......wonder what the origin of that term was...?

CL

Upon further review...

I even spelled it wrong.....Ha

Nitpicking is a term, first used in 1956, that describes the action of giving too much attention to unimportant detail. A person who nitpicks is termed as a nitpicker. The terminology originates from the common act of manually removing nits (the eggs of lice, generally head lice) from another person's hair.

• Upvote 1