Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMC to the MOON!

keylime

2 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

Also did you see Crypto currencies take a huge tank today?? Along with crooked Kenny selling his condo for 11 million that he paid 30 million for sure makes it look like people and these crooked hedgefunds are bracing for some major liquidity being needed very soon!! Atleast that’s what I am hoping for can we all say MARGIN CALL TOGETHER NOW!!! LoL

I saw it. AND I LOVED IT!!! I just wish Kenny would have waited a little while longer to sell his condo. I could've picked it up for a song and dance after this explodes. LOL!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

48 minutes ago, keylime said:

I saw it. AND I LOVED IT!!! I just wish Kenny would have waited a little while longer to sell his condo. I could've picked it up for a song and dance after this explodes. LOL!

Agreed it’s in south Florida I believe I would have gone in halfsies with you and we could have shared it as a vacation condo…lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I know today was Hard for many of you. Please, just remember who THEY are and what THEY do. 

TOGETHER WE ALL WILL BRING THEM DOWN 

We can stay apes longer than they can stay solvent. Never sell just buy and hodl. AMC shorts will follow. 💎🖐🚀

Hedge fund that bet against GameStop is closing down, report says

It's game over for White Square Capital.

A London-based hedge fund that bet against GameStop is shutting down following double-digit percentage losses suffered during the first meme stock rally in January, according to a report published Tuesday by the the Financial Times, citing people familiar with the fund.

White Square Capital, which reportedly managed up to $440 million in assets at its peak, had sent a letter to investors outlining plans to close down the main fund this month and return investor capital following a review of the business model, according to the report.

Although this marks one of the first hedge funds closures following surges in these so-called meme stocks, or any stock that's gone "viral" on social media and see the price shoot up as a result, it's certainly not the first to suffer massive losses. US hedge fund Melvin Capital reportedly lost more than 50% in January amid the social-media fuelled stock rally.

The losses came as droves of retail investors, many of whom had gathered on Reddit, pushed GameStop's stock up to record highs knowing Wall Street hedge funds had bet against the beleaguered US games retailer. As a result, GameStock went from $17.25 per share at the beginning of the year up to as high as $483. That day it hit its peak, it also fell to a low of $112.25.

Despite the losses, the decision to shut down White Square Capital was unrelated to the meteoric rally of meme stocks, according to the FT report, which says the fund quickly rebounded following January's market volatility. 

White Square Capital didn't immediately respond to a CNET request for comment outside of regular UK business hours

• Like 1
  • Pow! 4

47 minutes ago, rw.sutton said:

Let's hope the SEC have the time, motivation, and resources to do more than fine these guys (i.e., paramount to taking their cut) for what could be one of the greatest swindles this decade, or will they jail these thieves who have caused untold social damage to workers and investors?

Or, is white collar criminality still simply a sport/safari for the enrichment of the crooked elements of the 1%ers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadel_LLC

• In 2014, Citadel was fined $800,000 for irregularities in its trading practices between March 18, 2010, and Jan. 8, 2013 [64]
  • In 2017, Citadel was fined $22 million by the SEC for misleading clients regarding the way it priced trades.[65]
  • In 2018, Citadel was forced by the SEC to pay $3.5 million over violations stemming from incorrect reporting for nearly 80 million trades from 2012 to 2016.[66]

In January 2020, Citadel paid a 670 million-yuan ($97 million) settlement for alleged trading irregularities dating from 2015.[68]

• Citadel Securities was fined $700,000 by FINRA in July 2020 for trading ahead of customer orders.[69] They delayed certain equity orders from clients to buy or sell shares while continuing to trade the same stocks in its own account as part of its market-making activities, according to FINRA.
  • In 2020, Citadel Securities was censured by FINRA a total of 19 times for a variety of misconduct, including failing to close failure-to-deliver positions, naked short selling, inaccurate reporting of short sale indicators, executing trades during circuit-breaker halts, and failing to offer its clients best prices on the bid-ask spread.[70]
  • On March 25, 2021, Citadel agreed to a censure by FINRA and a $275,000 fine for improperly reporting nearly 500,000 Treasury transactions between 2017 and 2019, revealing a systemic failure in Citadel's compliance systems.[71][72]
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, bkeiller said:

Buying on the way up is always tough, but bought more AMC this morning @57.14.

Maybe suffering from a bit of FOMO!? Or, just establishing another position? 😝

Get to ripping!

The last buy for me was, $63.50. I have also bought at $9.50.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4