Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMC to the MOON!

keylime

18 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Wow that was fast. Maybe too fast. We are at a critical point on the Daily. We have the price candlestick just crossing the 50 ma and the 100 and 8 ma.  I don’t think it will hold but if it continues up tomorrow I may be going in.  

Buying big bars is a chase. Not ideal but Damn, it’s exciting as hell. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Trey needs to drink some more coffee. He is a little sleepy

He has some good info, but am I the only one who has trouble listening to him?  I feel like I need to take some ritalin after one of his videos, and I have never had ritalin in my life! 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Even theChive is voicing an opinion...lol

pp

Opening Up a Can of MOASS 

By The Vault-Master
  This week we're going to talk about The MOASS.

Heh. Mo'Ass? Like more ass?

No no, The MOASS

While, granted, The MOASS sounds like.... well, what you'd expect to see on a publication of theCHIVE... in actuality, it's an acronym for something known as The Mother of All Short Squeezes. And if nothing else, it's a fascinating cultural phenomenon. 

So hold onto yo'ass. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u2oh2xltr6skic9y0b

Here we go.

You may recall, back in the spring, we covered the insanity that was the GameStop stock exponentially exploding in value. 

(Quick and incomplete recap: hedge funds had basically created more contracts to 'naked short' more GameStop stocks than actual GameStop stocks existed. The general public noticed this — well, one guy on Reddit, who convinced everybody else — and then the public bought the stock and drove up the price, making the shorts not just worthless, but actual liabilities that the hedge funds had to pay back, making the stocks worth more, etc. That's what a "short squeeze" is essentially. Some people bet on a stock to fall. When too many people do that you can squeeze them by driving up the price.)

The MOASS is something of an extension of that magic. It is, allegedly, the nuclear bomb of a short squeeze that makes the spring GameStop saga look like a firecracker.

Well, GameStop wasn't the only stock that got some love back then. Everybody's favorite then-failing movie company, AMC, was also among those that hedge funds had shorted beyond mathematical reason. John Q. Public noticed, and squeezed them out again. AMC's stock has since 4x'd since then. AMC is implicated in this whole thing, too.

Let's recall, too, that it's been something of a David and Goliath story from the beginning.

And, unless you're a hedge fund investor yourself, you can't help but root for the little guy here. After all, the everyday investor is really taking advantage of billionaires who've been profiting on the suffering of others for years. Nothing is better than a good comeuppance story. Robin Hood. Diehard. Shrek.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cugfx6kmgy21bd5szh

Also, while it's tempting to make a "only fat, pimply-faced, virgin gamers work at GameStop" type joke here — or a joke about how only squeaky-voiced, pizza-faced teens take jobs at movie theaters or whatever —  the truth is that more than 50,000 people work at GameStop and AMC combined, and it's a good thing they have jobs. If these hedge funds had their way, those folks would've been out of work.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4745l69mbar5qw7wrumu

Now, the MOASS crew's belief is that some sort of perpetual short squeeze will occur and will basically make GameStock and AMC stocks worth thousands of dollars more than they are now. Some even say a single GameStop share could be worth as much as $1 million or more.

As one who wouldn't mind making a lot of money myself, I set out this week to study the MOASS lines of reasoning — found some good resources about its origin here on Reddit — but, in the end I discovered there are far too many offshoots and sects of the MOASS to fairly nail it down now. It's become something like QAnon in that there are central adherents, but even the... everybody believes their own version of the story. 

How will it happen? There are many theories.
Why will it happen? There are many reasons.
When will it happen? They don't know. Uh... Soon?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v7nkchk9hb09c72n0k

What I can tell you is that to liken it to a sort of religion isn't too far off. Just check out the Twitter references here. Literally hundreds of tweets a day about it. Months of enthusiastic comments. Plenty of data being bent and twisted to tell a story that the MOASS is not just a certainty, but an imminent certainty.

I can tell you, as somebody who scrolled back through months and months of these Tweets, there are three basic flavors of sentiment:

1) "Oh boy, the MOASS surely is coming this week!" (Many have been waiting since the Spring)
2) "I can't wait to do XYZ with the money I'm going to make from the MOASS!" (Many say they're going to use the money for good, which is nice... but also feels a bit like bargaining with fate).
3) And then, there's the darker, most-sinister side of the MOASS, that apparently promises something like the complete annihilation of the US economy — and in this dream, the only folks left with any money are those holding GME and AMC stocks.

The first two bits of there are what you tend to see when your average get-rich-quick scheme matures into something more slightly nefarious... cults, con jobs, multi-level marketing. Even some gamblers take this sort of line of logic (I recall an ex-girlfriend getting on social media to complain that she didn't win the lottery when she spent her whole paycheck on tickets, as if the lottery wasn't just a statistical likelihood, but was owed to her... oof.)

What this last line of logic seems to forget is that the people in power are the ones making the rules — and they're always making the rules that benefit themselves. Rules have already changed to benefit them. 

In a weird way, these doomsayers almost optimistically think that the people who would lose everything in a MOASS world would actually stick to their own rules and let it happen. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47y7pqpnno2iz9l9iyzb

Call me a cynic, but I don't think they will.

As I looked more deeply in the MOASS, this line of thinking seems to be the prevailing theory in many circles. And in some ways it smacks of hedge fund assholes' desire to profit on the pain of others through "naked shorts."

And that's where I say I have to draw the line.

I say that the Apes (affectionately self-described holders of GameStop and AMC stock) who wish to make money honestly, fine...  those who want to expose corruption, even better... but from what I've seen... there are seemingly a ton of apes reveling in the possible downfall of the U.S. economy.

That's when you've lost the way of the original movement.

And frankly, it's a bad look.

But if all this talk of stocks and making billions of dollars piques your interest... you may be wondering yourself: Will these stocks actually explode? Can I make money from them?

To that I can only say... Pfff, I don't know, maybe. I'm not a financial advisor. This theory could hold water. But this week, I wanted to just call it out as something interesting to know about.

Whether you want to toss your own money into the MOASS fray... that's on you.

But personally?

I wouldn't bet — and I do mean bet — on it.

• Haha 5

Well exciting times my friends. Apparently only 3 financial Institutes can come up with the 1 Trillion requirement.

To me this says those that can't must start liquidating their assets. In plain English, they are going to have to start buying back there "shorts". And Citadel, well there screwed anyways, this just opens a huge can of worms and the rest of the Hedge funds will probably get audited.

I am thinking the tide has turned in our favor as well as for those holding Game stop.

pp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, txwWrestling said:

Here we go again....So sick of Red days! Just give one great solid green day!!!! GO AMC

Green. Red. Doesn't matter until they cover. 

Having said that. It would be nice to finish Green on a day like this where the market is getting hammered. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4