Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMC to the MOON!

keylime

9 ma held on the first sell off today. 
Now let’s see how we close.  I’m seeing some selling pressure.  Apes need a rally.  Got to hold that 9 ma into close.   

Keep an eye on the RSI and the MACD. Both are starting to curl down.  No bueno.  

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Now let’s see how we close.  I’m seeing some selling pressure.  Apes need a rally.  Got to hold that 9 ma into close.   

I think Apes will hold the line. Power Hour!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

Expecting that the hedgies will try to unleash the Kracken late today or tomorrow as there are a lot of puts hitting.

So, I have my liquid assets at the ready to buy low, if it drops below $50.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Strong close, strong AH.  

I think the Apes are ready to make the Crooks pay.   We’ll see tomorrow. 

It was a strong close. Like Apes were waiting in the weeds for a final Power hour attack. Hopefully it does carry over in the AH and tomorrow

• Upvote 2

Apes could go nuts tomorrow and take out all Resistance including the ATH but the RSI, Williams, and MACD need to reverse and curl up.  I’ll know more after Pre Market and the first 10-20 min of Open.  Keep an eye on the 9ma.  

BC3DF764-5DFD-4F25-93E1-F1D4DF2AC39A.png

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

Thought I would lob a turd in the AMC punch bowl. An article from Seeling Alpha gurus. Don't shoot the messenger!!

AMC: 6 Tips For 'Apes' From A Former Retail Activist

Jun. 13, 2021 9:48 PM ETAMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC)90 Comments19 Likes

Summary

• The 'apes' of AMC, the retail buyers of Hertz and the short squeezers of GameStop will go down in history no matter what happens next.
  • Past success isn't guarantee of future success and significant losses can be incurred for both bulls and bears, so trade carefully.
  • Short interest as reflected in Ortex Data is about as accurate as it gets.
  • Options is the best way to play AMC and reduce your risk.
  • Avoid emotional attachment to AMC since that's your worse enemy whether you are a bear, an ape, or a bull.

AMC Theatre, downtown Chattanooga J. Michael Jones/iStock Editorial via Getty Images

It's whacko world out there on YouTube and misinformation has given rise to predatory information being fed to amateur investors of (AMC). I have seen screenshots of people putting all their retirement into this stock following so-called advisors on YouTube (whose only goal is to get as many views as possible to make money off from paid views partnerships with Google). As such, they are incentivized to use clickbait titles of conspiracy and "proof" of Citadel employees talking off the books to get you to click on their videos. Though AMC still has significant upside potential - 'Apes' have to continue to be smarter than hedge funds or otherwise they risk turning from Apes into pigs. You know the saying: "Bulls make money, bears make money, and pigs get slaughtered."

For those of you who don't know my background, I was one of the first retail activist investors who at the time created the largest consortium of retail traders on now-defunct Synergy Pharmaceuticals. A company that went down as management kept destroying the company and shorts kept piling into it and preventing the company from issuing more shares at reasonable prices. Our hope was to force a sale of the company by combining our shares as a retail group and voting against the dilution of the company, while at the same time, targeting the shorts of the company. The company was offered a decent offer for the whole company by Bausch Health (BHC) but management instead decided to auction the company in a bankruptcy process that wiped out shareholders completely and rendered the shares worthless.

A few months before, the bankruptcy momentum was in our favor, as we were able to vote against all the directors of the company and also to block an increase in the shares outstanding. Our movement gained analyst traction and was featured in Bloomberg. As shareholders, we were beyond proud of being the first retail activist group with a collective power of around 35 million shares. When we defeated the proposals of the company and the company announced a strategic review with investment bankers, the shares surged. However, it was our early success that started to make us emotionally attached to the stock and blind to the fact that the underlying business was still crumbling and losing money. Instead of reducing exposure, many doubled or tripled down, putting all or most of their retirement there only to receive the miserable amount of one penny per share out of the bankruptcy proceedings.

Because we ultimately failed, I am beyond happy that the 'Ape movement' has been able to succeed and shareholders on AMC, GameStop (NYSE:GME), and Hertz (OTCPK:HTZGQ) have been able to recoup their investments and expose the corruption that's prevalent on Wall Street. However, let's separate facts from fiction, but before that, I will give good news to the Apes and that's that AMC can indeed go much higher.

Tip 1: Ignore False Short Interest Talk

The founding members of the Reddit community found that GameStop had 150% of its float shorted because it was readily available information. As such, for every 1 share that actually existed, there were 1.5 out there that were borrowed "fake" shares. There was systemic corruption from brokerages because, in theory, that should have never happened because you need to deliver those borrowed shares within a week to the rightful borrower. Naked shorting was probably happening the moment that the short interest went past the 50% mark on GameStop.

Stocks in cash accounts can't be lent, so every time that you see short interest climb past 50% on any given stock, chances are that brokers are failing to deliver those shares and naked shorting is happening. My point is that the short data out there is mostly accurate and that's what allowed Wall Street Bets to exploit the exposure that Hedge Funds had acquired by engaging in corrupt practices and by predatory shorting of companies. If it was easy to hide the real short interest, GameStop shorts would have done so to prevent the public from knowing they were short 150% of the float. Such was the exposure on GameStop that if Robinhood and all other brokers had not intervened and blocked all buying trades in January, we could have easily seen GameStop going past $1,500 with the rush of short covering happening because losses to the upside are unlimited and shorts saw their accounts wiped out in literally hours.

However, AMC shorts have already covered a significant portion of their exposure and short interest sits at or around 13% of the float, so don't expect the same violence and speed of upward movement here.

Tip 2: Short Interest can remain the same as old shorts exit and new shorts enter without causing a panic short squeeze.

When a short position doubles or triples, it will force most shorts to completely cover. Brokers have very little patience with losses as seen on the Bill Hwang debacle. For example, I would never short AMC at the current prices, but if it would triple in price, I would probably take a sizable position against the company. My shares shorted would then be counted as shares shorted in the short interest count and perhaps the person I sold the shares short was a short who was being squeezed and decided to cover. The net effect of me entering a short position and a short covering the same amount of shares would equate to a zero change in the short interest. However, Apes could be claiming a squeeze from $10 when in reality my average entry price would be around $150. When the price of a stock gets very expensive, new shorts enter the market, and when a price of a good company gets very cheap, bulls scoop up those shares and new bulls make their way into the market. That's what a market is. When there are 200 million shares trading every day, it means there are tons of Apes selling, there are tons of Apes buying, and there are tons of new short-sellers entering and tons of short-sellers covering.

Tip 3: Apes come in all sizes, shapes, and forms.

It has been impressive to see how resilient Apes have been and how much they work as a family but don't expect all 4 million of them to have the same goals, price targets, and ambition. Some will sell at $50, some at $60, some at $70, some at $100, or perhaps if the stock price starts going down, some Apes won't be able to afford losses in their portfolio and they will sell if the pain starts to arrive. Don't expect other Apes won't sell just because you don't. When there's a fire in the jungle, all Apes run for the forest. Work as a family of Apes because you have accomplished much together and you have saved a wonderful company with a wonderful CEO which I personally like a lot but don't put your own family at risk and your retirement in jeopardy. In other words, avoid emotional attachment as that will make you a better investor and trader in the future.

Tip 4: Past Success is not a guarantee of future success.

I lost my entire portfolio of 270k in Synergy Pharmaceuticals because I put the benefit of an entire group of wonderful people ahead of what was best for me and my family. I was unable to purchase a new home because I went down with the boat. I have had great investment acumen and I managed to turn 40k into 270k by doing big positions in one stock and options. However, that 600% return in a period of 3 years quickly came to an end with one big loss. Diversify and diversify even more and your capital will always be safe.

Tip 5: Dismiss Naysayers of the Future of Movie Theaters. AMC can come back much stronger, just be realistic of what that means.

The CEO of AMC has capitalized on the current rally by selling much-needed stock, and as he has repeatedly mentioned in interviews, he can use that cash to acquire other movie theater companies as well as some of the best gross selling assets on the market. AMC could be a much bigger and powerful player as he swallows up smaller competitors and puts to good use the cash that stockholders have put in their pockets.

Tip 6: AMC will probably never trade above $110 so have realistic expectations of when to buy and when to sell.

When AMC was trading at $5, it was easy to squeeze the shorts because the market cap was very small and it takes only a couple hundred million dollars to put them in trouble. As the market cap starts to get bigger, it requires billions in fresh capital to move the price of the shares. As the market cap approaches $50 billion, expect a ton of institutional investors to engage on a new wave of short selling and Apes being maxed out by having put every single penny on their name on the stock already unable to keep pushing the stock much higher. Then it becomes a battle of wills. Institutional investors and hedge funds usually have a 2-10-year horizon for investments. And if their position goes against them at those elevated prices, they will double down and triple down until they take the price down. Will Apes be able to hold the line for multiple years at elevated prices? The answer is no.

Summary

The stock market is mostly a self-fulfilling prophecy, so if bulls take control and the company has shares to issue at elevated prices, it can use that needed capital dilution to reinvent itself and survive storms. Shorts on the other hand mostly profit by destroying shareholder value, suffocating companies, and taking away their ability to issue shares at reasonable prices to weather storms at a very high risk of unlimited losses for them but they are an essential force in the market. Honest short-sellers serve a purpose in the market and that's to expose fraud and corruption in management teams. Since the risk of losses is very high for them, they tend to be extremely aggressive in their practices and their behavior and many times they engage in illegal activities but they aren't all the same. However, on the other side of short-sellers, it's the pump and dump scheme. Where investors are telling you to buy everything you can with one hand and they are unloading their shares with the other. I am afraid that when people on YouTube are telling you that AMC is going to $1,500, they are willingly engaging in fraud and they are as fraudulent as the shorts who are trying to take away your money by destroying companies. They are both evil and you should block them because they have no idea what they are talking about. Don't put everything on AMC, in fact, don't put more than 10% of your portfolio on a basket of meme stocks. We are all playing musical chairs in here and we are having fun but make no mistake that this is pure gambling. Business fundamentals don't matter until they do. Sell out of the money puts if you believe in the AMC turnaround and give yourself some downside protection while collecting some sizable premiums. Best of luck to all the Apes and keep fighting for justice in the market across a variety of sectors and stocks.

This article was written by

Jose Solorio profile picture.
Jose SolorioFollow
1.24K Followers
I have been on the markets since 2006. I concentrate mostly on medium term option trades. Among my big wins... more

Long/Short Equity, Special Situations, Healthcare, Options

Contributor Since 2011

I have been on the markets since 2006. I concentrate mostly on medium term option trades. Among my big wins were betting against the oil spike in 2008, buying Green Mountain Coffee at $17, First solar at $14, and betting against Exxon Mobile last year. My biggest failures were buying Fremont General in 2008 and being bullish on Netflix at $350 with calls.

Disclosure: I am/we are long VIAC, CLVS, MP, BHC, XBI. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Additional disclosure: I am short $145 AMC calls and may start a long position at any time. Invest at your own risk and be aware that meme stocks carry above average risk.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:
  •  
  • Avoid emotional attachment to AMC since that's your worse enemy whether you are a bear, an ape, or a bull

Please don't take this personal but this idiot lost me, and I suspect 99% of the APES, right here. 

When you're so stupid you don't even understand why people are buying AMC and have even less of an understanding as to why they are HOLDING. 

AMC buyers don't give a dang about AMC. This is about exposing and destroying the Market Movers who have cheated EVERYONE for Decades. Thinking themselves to be our superiors they will become fools. 

This is a Freaking Revolution, NOT stock market investments. We know that playing by the industry norms will get us nowhere. 

So we decided to do the last thing anyone thought was possible. WE ARE GOING TO STICK TOGETHER. 

And kick the so called SUPERIOR INTELLECT where the sun don't shine. :butt-kicking:

• Pow! 6

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Please don't take this personal but this idiot lost me, and I suspect 99% of the APES, right here. 

When you're so stupid you don't even understand why people are buying AMC and have even less of an understanding as to why they are HOLDING. 

AMC buyers don't give a dang about AMC. This is about exposing and destroying the Market Movers who have cheated EVERYONE for Decades. Thinking themselves to be our superiors they will become fools. 

This is a Freaking Revolution, NOT stock market investments. We know that playing by the industry norms will get us nowhere. 

So we decided to do the last thing anyone thought was possible. WE ARE GOING TO STICK TOGETHER. 

And kick the so called SUPERIOR INTELLECT where the sun don't shine. :butt-kicking:

A Double AMEN!

This article is FUD plain and simple dressed up to sound like the writer is just trying to help us and cares what happens to us. TOTAL BS! The Shills have been warning and saying AMC isn't going to hit this price point or that price point and when it runs by it they move the goalposts but never take stock for what they said because they're only in it to break up this once in a lifetime movement. 

That Number 6 can Kiss my ASK! And to say the people who say it will reach 1500 are fraudsters they should immediately sue this piece of crap blowhard Hedgie shill. 

• Pow! 6

1 hour ago, keylime said:

A Double AMEN!

This article is FUD plain and simple dressed up to sound like the writer is just trying to help us and cares what happens to us. TOTAL BS! The Shills have been warning and saying AMC isn't going to hit this price point or that price point and when it runs by it they move the goalposts but never take stock for what they said because they're only in it to break up this once in a lifetime movement. 

That Number 6 can Kiss my ASK! And to say the people who say it will reach 1500 are fraudsters they should immediately sue this piece of crap blowhard Hedgie shill. 

And I will give a triple AMEN!! This guy is a bought and paid for shill by the hedgefunds to scare people into selling early!! He is completely clueless of how many synthetic shares and naked shorts that have been placed on AMC. He is completely clueless saying that lots of apes are buying and selling when the volume is trading 200 million. No that is absolutely not true when Apes own most likely 200-300% of the actual float all those share being traded are BS, fake shares and naked shorts period. So let’s again do the math the CEO Adam says there is 4.1 individual investors which include institutions yet since there is supposed to only be 501 million shares they legally have to divide that number and say the average shareholder only holds 120 shares….Right that is TOTAL BS, but I get it the CEO can’t say anything different without being sued! Common sense tells you that I bet the average individual shareholder probably holds a minimum of 500 shares which I truly believe is light, and the average institutional investor probably holds several hundred thousand share or a million each! There is ZERO chance that all 4.1 million shareholders only hold 120 shares Period!!!

This article is 100% FUD Period, he is a bought and paid for Shill!!!

• Pow! 4

I posted the above article and stated thinking about it. These same MORONS that are willing to loose Billions in the meme stocks have been doing the exact same thing with Silver and Gold for Decades. 

Right now there's a MASSIVE shortage of worldwide Silver and just like AMC they keep shorting. Just this morning they've pounded Silver down to $27 dollars. And since February 2nd they have broken the bank to keep Silver below $28 dollars. 

They have LITERALLY created a House of Cards and their only hope is that everyone becomes board and just goes away. 

Well I'm here to shout from the Rooftops people, HOLD FOREVER if you must. We are making a difference. We are MASSIVELY HURTING THEM.  They are Days away from an entire collapse of the TRILLIONS of dollars in Fake Derivatives and THEY KNOW IT. 

That is the only LOGICAL explanation for their actions. 

As a Marine I can Honestly say I've never been more Proud to be a part of such a movement. 

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 5

2 hours ago, GregHi said:

Just received an email from Webull to vote on AMC holdings.. Sorry if I’m out of the loop but what should we be voting for?

Really I just vote what the company recommends. As to any extra shares to sell some say vote No. But I don't see a problem with it. It helps the company raise capital and strengthens it in the long run. I honestly don't think it will affect our squeeze at all because they won't use those shares until next year. But just vote any  way you want as long as they have your vote you can be counted towards the share total.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, keylime said:

Really I just vote what the company recommends. As to any extra shares to sell some say vote No. But I don't see a problem with it. It helps the company raise capital and strengthens it in the long run. I honestly don't think it will affect our squeeze at all because they won't use those shares until next year. But just vote any  way you want as long as they have your vote you can be counted towards the share total.

Thanks Keylime!!!

• Upvote 2