Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMC to the MOON!

keylime

1 hour ago, keylime said:

I like the over 100,000 number. Ha! Some say, and I agr

Okay, so I'm just gonna come out and say this. Not necessarily because I believe it but because I have a PROVEN history of being wrong when I make such BOLD statements. And therefore wanting to continue my historical track record for error I must say that, 

"There is NO WAY IN HELL this stock will ever see $100,000 thousand dollars. :lol:

Maybe $100 but that's the limit. I know people and this sounds a lot like extremely wealthy people are convincing everyone to wait for $100,000 so they can cash out around $100 to $150.

There, now I said it. Hope I'm proven wrong like always. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Pow! 2

5 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Okay, so I'm just gonna come out and say this. Not necessarily because I believe it but because I have a PROVEN history of being wrong when I make such BOLD statements. And therefore wanting to continue my historical track record for error I must say that, 

"There is NO WAY IN HELL this stock will ever see $100,000 thousand dollars. :lol:

Maybe $100 but that's the limit. I know people and this sounds a lot like extremely wealthy people are convincing everyone to wait for $100,000 so they can cash out around $100 to $150.

There, now I said it. Hope I'm proven wrong like always. 

So glad you said it. Now I really can't wait for 100,000 plus. LOL!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, keylime said:

POW there it is the absolute best read and post on yesterday’s events!! Love it thank you keylime!!! Next week should be a wild ride upward I bet!!!

Edited by Dinarrock
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

POW there it is the absolute best read and post on yesterday’s events!! Love it thank you keylime!!! Next week should be a wild ride upward I bet!!!

You're welcome. I thought it was an excellent explanation and had to share. Knowledge is power. Power is confidence. I agree. Next week...watch out!!!!

• Upvote 2

Just now, boomhand86 said:

Never wanted a weekend to fly by until now lol

Just now, boomhand86 said:

Never wanted a weekend to fly by until now lol

Can you believe we have to suffer through a 3 day holiday weekend? HA! I've started saying TGIM!

• Haha 6

This is getting crazy!  😂 😂 😂

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Youtuber Kevin Paffrath has announced his candidacy to become the next Governor of California, replacing Gavin Newsom. Paffrath has about 1.6 million YouTube subscribers, and that only happens from providing engaging and thoughtful content.May 20, 2021

Meet Democrat California Gubernatorial candidate Kevin ...

Going ALL IN on AMC | Diamond Hands 1 Year - I F'D UP!

• Upvote 3

May 28, 2021,

06:16pm EDT

|

AMC’s Stock Set Up For A Short Squeeze

Chuck Jones

Senior Contributor

Markets

I cover technology companies, worldwide economies and the stock market

AMC Theatres Reopens Its Doors By Celebrating 100 Years Of Operations With ″Movies In 2020 At 1920 Prices″

A customer gets a bucket of popcorn before seeing[+]GETTY IMAGES

AMC Entertainment AMC, symbol AMC, more than doubled over the past five trading days moving from $12.08 last Friday to close at $26.12 today, up 116%. At one point it hit $36.72, which was 204% above last Friday’s close.

Keep in mind that the stock’s previous all-time high had been around $27 in March 2015 and January 2017. It wasn’t until yesterday, May 27, that it had broken those records.

A brutal week for the shorts

Ihor Dusaniwsky at S3 Partners tracks short interest in stocks in real time, and he posts a number of his charts on Twitter. While AMC’s stock was down $0.40 for the day from $26.52 to $26.12, for the week Dusaniwsky estimates that shorts lost over $1.2 billion and since the beginning of the year have lost over $1.9 billion.

This is on a company whose market cap was $248 million at the beginning of the year and is now $11.8 billion. And before Covid-19 impacted business the company’s market cap was about $750 million.

Short squeeze has not contributed to AMC’s recent rise

Dusaniwsky estimates that 89.6 million shares are shorted or 20% of the 448 million shares. As the chart below shows the number of shares being shorted fell significantly in late January (the gold line) when the stock had its initial pop due to wallstreetbets Reddit crowd jumping in.

As AMC’s stock price came back down the number of shares shorted steadily increased until mid-April, where it has essentially remained around 90 million.

AMC stock price (right axis) and number of shares shorted (left axis)

AMC stock price (right axis) and number of shares[+]IHOR DUSANIWSKY, S3 PARTNERS

Dusaniwsky has developed a Short Squeeze score and ranks AMC’s metric a 10 out of 10 for a short squeeze. He wrote, “A security is considered “crowded” on the short side if some or all of the following occur:”

There is a large amount of dollars at risk on the short side (high short interest)

There is a large proportion of a security’s tradable float shorted (high S3 SI % Float)

There is scarcity of stock loan supply (high stock borrow fees)

There is limited daily trading volume (high days to cover)

However, even when these criteria are met it does not necessarily mean the stock is a short squeeze candidate.

He added, “While a stock can be “crowded” it might not necessarily be a short squeeze candidate. An additional variable, which is necessary for a short squeeze to occur, are substantial net-of-financing mark-to-market losses.” Which the shorts have definitely seen this week.

He continued, “A short position, no matter how crowded, that continues to be profitable cannot be squeezed. No trader will be forced to exit a position that continues to be profitable. Mark-to-market losses are the primary impetus for a Short Squeeze to occur, and AMC’s recent rally has pushed it into potential Short Squeeze territory.”

In very overbought territory

With the huge spike in AMC’s shares they are definitely in overbought territory. In the top section of the chart below is the stock’s Relative Strength Index or RSI. When it gets above 70, and it is currently at 86.81, they are overbought. It would not be surprising to see them pull back in the short term, similar to what happened in early February.

AMC stock price STOCKCHARTS.COM

© 2021 Forbes Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.

AdChoicesPrivacy StatementDo Not Sell My InfoTerms and ConditionsContact UsReport a Security IssueJobs At ForbesReprints & PermissionsForbes Press RoomAdvertise

Edited by jg1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, keylime said:

Can you believe we have to suffer through a 3 day holiday weekend? HA! I've started saying TGIM!

TGIT! Cant wait. Hope I dont get in trouble for checking the phone too much at work.

Edited by jg1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Good morning Keylime and thanks again for sharing AMC with us. It’s been an exciting couple of weeks!

I have a question for you, as I try to learn as much as I can about the squeeze, I see significant differences in how many shares are actually shorted from 20% to 3 times the number of shares actually released, what are your thoughts on this? Maybe we will not find out until later this week when the company releases information about outstanding shares?

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, Chill5805 said:

Good morning Keylime and thanks again for sharing AMC with us. It’s been an exciting couple of weeks!

I have a question for you, as I try to learn as much as I can about the squeeze, I see significant differences in how many shares are actually shorted from 20% to 3 times the number of shares actually released, what are your thoughts on this? Maybe we will not find out until later this week when the company releases information about outstanding shares?

That’s why this squeeze when it happens will be epic my friend!! The hedgefunds have created so many synthetic shares along with what’s called naked shorting by creating a fake share out of thin air! This was made Illegal back in 2008 during the mortgage meltdown for this very reason also but no one seems to be monitoring this! They can only do this for so long and as the stock creeps up higher and higher it costs them. Ore money to continue to do this ILLEGAL activity!! They get their money from the banks but even they will stop lending the hedgefunds the money to do this!!! AMC to the MOON Baby!!!

Edited by Dinarrock
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3