Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bill and Milinda Gates are calling it quits after 27 years

pokerplayer

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and his wife of 27 years Melinda Gates said in a statement on Monday that they intended to end their marriage.

"After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage," the pair said in a statement. "We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life."

The pair have run the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation together for more than 20 years and have three children together.

They said they intended to continue to work together on the foundation and still held a shared belief in the mission of helping people across the world. The foundation focuses on improving health outcomes and lifting people out of poverty.

The pair have been incredibly philanthropic and have donated tens of billions of dollars to charity. 

In terms of their relationship, Bill and Melinda Gates said they no longer saw a path toward growing together.

Bill Gates is one of the richest individuals in the world, with a net worth estimated at $130.5 billion according to Forbes.

ELON MUSK TRAILS JEFF BEZOS AT TOP OF FORBES' 2021 BILLIONAIRE'S LIST

The Gates’ divorce follows another recent high-profile split – Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos finalized his divorce from MacKenzie Bezos in July 2019.

As a result of the divorce, MacKenzie Bezos received a 4% stake in Amazon. She was expected to have received around $38 billion, making her one of the richest women in the world. 

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

However, she later committed to donating half of her fortune to charity via the Giving Pledge, which Bill and Melinda Gates helped to create.

FOX Business Kathleen Joyce contributed to this article.

• Thanks 4

Bill and Melinda Gates to divorce after 27 years of marriage

Bill and Melinda Gates announce divorce

Bill and Melinda Gates are getting divorced after 27 years of marriage, the couple announced in a joint statement Monday. 

"After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage. Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives," the statement said.

"We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue our work together at the foundation, but we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in this next phase of our lives. We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life."

Bill Gates, 65, who co-founded Microsoft in 1975, is the fourth richest man in the world and has a net worth of $130.5 billion, according to Forbes. Last March, he stepped down from his role on Microsoft's board of directors to focus solely on his work with the foundation.

Bill and Melinda Gates, 56, met in 1987 while working at Microsoft. Melinda, who was 24 at the time, had just started working as a marketing manager. Bill was 31 and the CEO. They married in 1994, and a year later, Bill became the richest man in the world.

Bill and Melinda Gates
Bill and Melinda Gates in 2017.FREDERIC STEVENS / GETTY

In 2000, they started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a philanthropic organization that has spent $53.8 billion in its fight against "poverty, disease and inequity around the world, according to the foundation's website. The charity, which is considered one of the world's largest, has invested more than $1.75 billion to fight COVID-19.

"There is no such thing as a national solution to a global crisis," they said in a previous statement on the foundation's website. "All countries must work together to end the pandemic and begin rebuilding economies."

In a statement late Monday, the foundation said Bill and Melinda would remain co-chairs and trustees and no changes to their roles have been planned. "They will continue to work together to shape and approve foundation strategies, advocate for the foundation's issues, and set the organization's overall direction," the statement said.

First published on May 3, 2021 / 4:53 PM

• Thanks 2

A little more....

clear.gif

Published May 04, 2021

Who is Ann Winblad: Bill Gates' ex-girlfriend who Melinda allowed him to jet off annually

Ann Winblad dated Bill Gates from 1984 until their split in 1987

Melinda-Lover-Bill.jpg

Licensed marriage and family therapist Dr. Karen Ruskin weighs in on Bill and Melinda Gates' pending divorce.

Bill Gates' marriage to his estranged wife Melinda Gates certainly featured many undulations on its way to their pending divorce after 27 years.

In fact, in the Gates’ relationship, the tech honcho was allowed by his wife to spend time with an ex-girlfriend thanks to a built-in arrangement Bill had with Melinda French prior to the now-former pair exchanging nuptials in Hawaii in 1994.

The negotiated consideration said that he and software entrepreneur and venture capitalist Ann Winblad would be able to jet off on annual weekend getaways with each other to pick each other’s brains and bask in the old times they shared while creating new memories of their own, this according to a 1997 Time magazine profile on the Microsoft co-founder.

Gates said at the time that he had actually sought approval from Winblad before he made the plunge and proposed to Melinda.

BILL AND MELINDA GATES STARTED AS WORKPLACE ROMANCE THAT TURNED INTO 27 YEARS OF MARRIAGE

Winblad3.jpg

Ann Winblad dated Bill Gates from 1984 until their split in 1987. The pair remained very close in the decades since.  (Photo by George Frey/The LIFE Images Collection via Getty Images/Getty Images) (Getty Images)

"When I was off on my own thinking about marrying Melinda, I called Ann and asked for her approval," he said of the woman he bonded fondly with over their mutual love of all things science, adding that Winblad, whom he often played "putt-putt while discussing biotechnology" had given Melinda a favorable evaluation.

"I said she’d be a good match for him because she had intellectual stamina," Winblad – who dated Gates exclusively from 1984 until their split in 1987 – recalled in the piece.

According to her LinkedIn profile, Winblad carries an impressive jacket and has held several posts within Silicon Valley, including runs as Director at companies such as Central Point Software, Hyperion, Net Perceptions, Intrinsa, Liquid Audio, The Knot, Marketwire, Krillion, Inc., Star Analytics, SVForum, Karmasphere, Voltage Security, MuleSoft, Sonatype, Ace Metrix and her current position of nearly 32 years at Hummer Winblad Venture Partners.

BILL AND MELINDA GATES DIVORCE: $130B FORTUNE IN THE BALANCE

"Even now, Gates has an arrangement with his wife that he and Winblad can keep one vacation tradition alive," Walter Isaacson wrote in the 1997 feature. "Every spring, as they have for more than a decade, Gates spends a long weekend with Winblad at her beach cottage on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, where they ride dune buggies, hang-glide and walk on the beach."

Also among their intellectual conversations, the pair would "marvel about how, as two young overachievers, we began a great adventure on the fringes of a little-known industry and it landed us at the center of an amazing universe."

Melinda-Lover-Bill.jpg

In Bill Gates’ marriage, the tech honcho was allowed by his wife Melinda French to spend time with his ex-girlfriend, Ann Winblad thanks to a built-in arrangement with Melinda prior to the now-former pair exchanging nuptials in Hawaii in 1994.  (Getty)

What’s more, is Gates and Winblad were ahead of their time in the idea that their initial "dates" were virtual as the par weren’t physically together, thus the close-knit connection would be fostered through their discussions of modern films that they each would watch at the same time in whatever city theater was playing the title.

In the Times piece, Isaacson even referred to Gates and Winblad as "kindred spirits."

BILL GATES SAYS ENDING COVID-19 PANDEMIC 'EASIER' THAN SOLVING CLIMATE CHANGE

In a 2005 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Winblad recalled how Gates "wasn’t such a big deal" when she started dating him.

"And there was a period of time when my net worth was higher than his, and I had to pay for everything. It was a very short period of time, but it was memorable," she quipped.

Winblad later told the Silicon Valley Business Journal in 2013 that Gate oozed confidence and she grew fond of his drive to be best.

"Bill and I went for a walk on a beach, and Bill tells me, ‘I can see my way, if I really squint, to $500 million in revenue," she recalled. "Bill was a great influence on me, and I was thinking, ‘Wow, you can actually build a company that big in the software industry? Are you kidding me?'"

GATES FOUNDATION COMMITS ANOTHER $250M IN CORONAVIRUS FIGHT

The philanthropist and wealth coach added of Gates: "I remember making him take a stick or a rock and drawing the numbers out on the sand for me. How was he going to get there? He then said, ‘What troubles me is I can’t see how I am going to get past $500 million.’"

"I thought, ‘You’re troubled about that?’" Winblad maintained. "I was jazzed that someone could think their way through to $500 million. There was a lot of inspiration from each other back then because there was so little collective wisdom."

Ann-Winblad.jpg

Entrepreneur and businesswoman Ann Winblad was allowed to take annual trips with Bill Gates during his marriage to Melinda Gates. (Photo by © Roger Ressmeyer/CORBIS/VCG via Getty Images)

Gates and Winlad’s escapades read like your run-of-the-mill romantic comedy.

In 1996, Winblad told the story of a trip the pair took to Cabo San Lucas for a spontaneous weekend, explaining to Wired magazine that once the two arrived in Mexico, "it was hard to get a rental car, so when we finally got one, it was like this beat-up old Volkswagen, and it was Spring Break."

"So we get a hotel. It’s a sh--ty hotel, but that’s fine because we’re doing this on a whim, and it’s part of the adventure. I leave Bill outside while I check-in," she recalled at the time.

BILL GATES ONCE MADE A PROS-AND-CONS LIST ABOUT MARRIAGE ON A WHITEBOARD

"Well, I go outside and I say, ‘Where’s the car?’ He goes, ‘I sublet it.’ He rented the car to some teenagers for five dollars a day!" Winblad exuded. "He gave them the car keys and says, ‘We’re in room whatever. Just knock on the door and give us the keys back.’"

"Sort of like ‘I’m Bill Gates; here’s the rental car; here are the keys to our room.’ I’m going, ‘We’re never going to see that car again.

These are teenage boys.’"

Winblad4.jpg

Ann Winblad opened up on her relationship with Bill Gates on numerous occasions in the last 30 years.  (Photo by © Roger Ressmeyer/CORBIS/VCG via Getty Images) (Getty Images)

"He says, ‘You’re probably right.’ … We finally got it back at about two in the morning, and it was all in one piece."

Other stories of the ex-pair that do not involve Melinda was a trip to Brazil in which Gates, the science nerd brought along a 1,100-page textbook on molecular biology — and the duo studied it together, Time magazine said in their 90s feature piece.

BILL GATES PREDICTS WORLD COMPLETELY BACK TO NORMAL BY END OF 2022

Another included a trip to a ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Winblad supplied tapes of famed physicist Richard Feynman so the couple could listen and digest.

Gates would go on to admit in the same piece that Winblad "brings a sense of enjoyment and humor to even the most serious situations.

Bill-Melinda-gates-split.jpg

Bill Gates and wife Melinda Gates are divorcing after 27 years of marriage. (Getty Images)

"Her professional approach reminds me a lot of Warren Buffett. She is incredibly smart," said Gates, a longtime friend of billionaire Berkshire Hathaway founder Buffett.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Gates broke the news to the world on Monday that he and Melinda were calling it quits after being married nearly three decades.

The couple said the reason for their dissolution rests on the fact that "we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives."

"Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives," a tweet from the former pair reads and adds, "We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue our work together at the foundation."

Throughout their 27 years as man and wife, the Gates would welcome three children: Jennifer, Rory and Phoebe and would also start their widely philanthropic Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000.

The pair currently share a net worth of more than $130 billion.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, coorslite21 said:

A little more....

clear.gif

Published May 04, 2021

Who is Ann Winblad: Bill Gates' ex-girlfriend who Melinda allowed him to jet off annually

Ann Winblad dated Bill Gates from 1984 until their split in 1987

Melinda-Lover-Bill.jpg

Licensed marriage and family therapist Dr. Karen Ruskin weighs in on Bill and Melinda Gates' pending divorce.

Bill Gates' marriage to his estranged wife Melinda Gates certainly featured many undulations on its way to their pending divorce after 27 years.

In fact, in the Gates’ relationship, the tech honcho was allowed by his wife to spend time with an ex-girlfriend thanks to a built-in arrangement Bill had with Melinda French prior to the now-former pair exchanging nuptials in Hawaii in 1994.

The negotiated consideration said that he and software entrepreneur and venture capitalist Ann Winblad would be able to jet off on annual weekend getaways with each other to pick each other’s brains and bask in the old times they shared while creating new memories of their own, this according to a 1997 Time magazine profile on the Microsoft co-founder.

Gates said at the time that he had actually sought approval from Winblad before he made the plunge and proposed to Melinda.

BILL AND MELINDA GATES STARTED AS WORKPLACE ROMANCE THAT TURNED INTO 27 YEARS OF MARRIAGE

Winblad3.jpg

Ann Winblad dated Bill Gates from 1984 until their split in 1987. The pair remained very close in the decades since.  (Photo by George Frey/The LIFE Images Collection via Getty Images/Getty Images) (Getty Images)

"When I was off on my own thinking about marrying Melinda, I called Ann and asked for her approval," he said of the woman he bonded fondly with over their mutual love of all things science, adding that Winblad, whom he often played "putt-putt while discussing biotechnology" had given Melinda a favorable evaluation.

"I said she’d be a good match for him because she had intellectual stamina," Winblad – who dated Gates exclusively from 1984 until their split in 1987 – recalled in the piece.

According to her LinkedIn profile, Winblad carries an impressive jacket and has held several posts within Silicon Valley, including runs as Director at companies such as Central Point Software, Hyperion, Net Perceptions, Intrinsa, Liquid Audio, The Knot, Marketwire, Krillion, Inc., Star Analytics, SVForum, Karmasphere, Voltage Security, MuleSoft, Sonatype, Ace Metrix and her current position of nearly 32 years at Hummer Winblad Venture Partners.

BILL AND MELINDA GATES DIVORCE: $130B FORTUNE IN THE BALANCE

"Even now, Gates has an arrangement with his wife that he and Winblad can keep one vacation tradition alive," Walter Isaacson wrote in the 1997 feature. "Every spring, as they have for more than a decade, Gates spends a long weekend with Winblad at her beach cottage on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, where they ride dune buggies, hang-glide and walk on the beach."

Also among their intellectual conversations, the pair would "marvel about how, as two young overachievers, we began a great adventure on the fringes of a little-known industry and it landed us at the center of an amazing universe."

Melinda-Lover-Bill.jpg

In Bill Gates’ marriage, the tech honcho was allowed by his wife Melinda French to spend time with his ex-girlfriend, Ann Winblad thanks to a built-in arrangement with Melinda prior to the now-former pair exchanging nuptials in Hawaii in 1994.  (Getty)

What’s more, is Gates and Winblad were ahead of their time in the idea that their initial "dates" were virtual as the par weren’t physically together, thus the close-knit connection would be fostered through their discussions of modern films that they each would watch at the same time in whatever city theater was playing the title.

In the Times piece, Isaacson even referred to Gates and Winblad as "kindred spirits."

BILL GATES SAYS ENDING COVID-19 PANDEMIC 'EASIER' THAN SOLVING CLIMATE CHANGE

In a 2005 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Winblad recalled how Gates "wasn’t such a big deal" when she started dating him.

"And there was a period of time when my net worth was higher than his, and I had to pay for everything. It was a very short period of time, but it was memorable," she quipped.

Winblad later told the Silicon Valley Business Journal in 2013 that Gate oozed confidence and she grew fond of his drive to be best.

"Bill and I went for a walk on a beach, and Bill tells me, ‘I can see my way, if I really squint, to $500 million in revenue," she recalled. "Bill was a great influence on me, and I was thinking, ‘Wow, you can actually build a company that big in the software industry? Are you kidding me?'"

GATES FOUNDATION COMMITS ANOTHER $250M IN CORONAVIRUS FIGHT

The philanthropist and wealth coach added of Gates: "I remember making him take a stick or a rock and drawing the numbers out on the sand for me. How was he going to get there? He then said, ‘What troubles me is I can’t see how I am going to get past $500 million.’"

"I thought, ‘You’re troubled about that?’" Winblad maintained. "I was jazzed that someone could think their way through to $500 million. There was a lot of inspiration from each other back then because there was so little collective wisdom."

Ann-Winblad.jpg

Entrepreneur and businesswoman Ann Winblad was allowed to take annual trips with Bill Gates during his marriage to Melinda Gates. (Photo by © Roger Ressmeyer/CORBIS/VCG via Getty Images)

Gates and Winlad’s escapades read like your run-of-the-mill romantic comedy.

In 1996, Winblad told the story of a trip the pair took to Cabo San Lucas for a spontaneous weekend, explaining to Wired magazine that once the two arrived in Mexico, "it was hard to get a rental car, so when we finally got one, it was like this beat-up old Volkswagen, and it was Spring Break."

"So we get a hotel. It’s a sh--ty hotel, but that’s fine because we’re doing this on a whim, and it’s part of the adventure. I leave Bill outside while I check-in," she recalled at the time.

BILL GATES ONCE MADE A PROS-AND-CONS LIST ABOUT MARRIAGE ON A WHITEBOARD

"Well, I go outside and I say, ‘Where’s the car?’ He goes, ‘I sublet it.’ He rented the car to some teenagers for five dollars a day!" Winblad exuded. "He gave them the car keys and says, ‘We’re in room whatever. Just knock on the door and give us the keys back.’"

"Sort of like ‘I’m Bill Gates; here’s the rental car; here are the keys to our room.’ I’m going, ‘We’re never going to see that car again.

These are teenage boys.’"

Winblad4.jpg

Ann Winblad opened up on her relationship with Bill Gates on numerous occasions in the last 30 years.  (Photo by © Roger Ressmeyer/CORBIS/VCG via Getty Images) (Getty Images)

"He says, ‘You’re probably right.’ … We finally got it back at about two in the morning, and it was all in one piece."

Other stories of the ex-pair that do not involve Melinda was a trip to Brazil in which Gates, the science nerd brought along a 1,100-page textbook on molecular biology — and the duo studied it together, Time magazine said in their 90s feature piece.

BILL GATES PREDICTS WORLD COMPLETELY BACK TO NORMAL BY END OF 2022

Another included a trip to a ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Winblad supplied tapes of famed physicist Richard Feynman so the couple could listen and digest.

Gates would go on to admit in the same piece that Winblad "brings a sense of enjoyment and humor to even the most serious situations.

Bill-Melinda-gates-split.jpg

Bill Gates and wife Melinda Gates are divorcing after 27 years of marriage. (Getty Images)

"Her professional approach reminds me a lot of Warren Buffett. She is incredibly smart," said Gates, a longtime friend of billionaire Berkshire Hathaway founder Buffett.

Gates broke the news to the world on Monday that he and Melinda were calling it quits after being married nearly three decades.

The couple said the reason for their dissolution rests on the fact that "we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives."

"Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives," a tweet from the former pair reads and adds, "We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue our work together at the foundation."

Throughout their 27 years as man and wife, the Gates would welcome three children: Jennifer, Rory and Phoebe and would also start their widely philanthropic Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000.

The pair currently share a net worth of more than $130 billion.

Doing it to divide their stocks, and whatever else they have so when the market crashes they won't get hit to hard.  Do these billionaires know something is coming?! Makes you wonder????