Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WATCH LIVE: Arizona Elections Audit

46 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

For years you've ignored me, afraid to engage, even going so far as to pile on with the herd when I got targeted for disciplinary action.....And now, after all that, you somehow feel you've earned FROM ME an answer to your conspiracy laden questions?.....That's rich.  Perhaps you're better off in your safe space.

GO RV, then BV

Ok aside from all that tension between you two, for me I'd like to know what has this Administration done to make our lives better.  I work two jobs and fear now I'll struggle even more.  I'm paying way more for gas, my grocery bill exploded, my son's medication has gone up. I'm too old to get a third job.  How has this admin made my life better?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

HuffPost

Lindsey Graham: 'I Accept The Results Of The Election'

Ron Dicker
·General Assignment Reporter, HuffPost
Tue, May 18, 2021, 7:06 AM

In an effort to galvanize Republicans who are still harping on claims that the 2020 election was stolen, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) declared Monday that he accepted the election outcome and that it was time to move on to future campaigns.

“I accept the results of the election,” Graham said, per The Hill.

“2020 is over for me,” he added, per Newsweek. I’m ready to march on and hopefully take back the House and the Senate in 2022.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is urging former President Donald Trump and other Republicans to focus on the midterms. (Photo: Chip Somodevilla via Getty Images)

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is urging former President Donald Trump and other Republicans to focus on the midterms. (Photo: Chip Somodevilla via Getty Images)

Graham, who certified Joe Biden’s victory in January, made the statement as Trump continued his baseless sour grapes that the voting ― and the polling ― was rigged.

“I think there are a lot of people that feel like bad things happened in the election,” Graham said. ”... But I think President Trump and the Republican Party needs to focus on election reform and the upcoming election.”

Graham also said he supports tighter voter registration requirements, which have been slammed by Democrats as racist.

While Graham signaled to his party that it was best to focus on the future, he admitted that the GOP was still hitched to Trump’s star. Just last week he said the party “can’t grow without Trump” and that “the people who are trying to erase him are going to wind up getting erased.”

Meanwhile, GOP opposition to the election results continued in the swing state of Arizona with a Republican-backed audit of the count. Auditors were, in part, reportedly looking for bamboo in ballots to justify a crackpot theory that thousands of unlawful ballots from Asia had made it into the state’s election boxes.

“I don’t know what the audit is all about in Arizona ... but I’m ready to move on,” Graham said.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lindsey-graham-i-accept-the-results-of-the-election-110606122.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, fancy said:

Ok aside from all that tension between you two, for me I'd like to know what has this Administration done to make our lives better.  I work two jobs and fear now I'll struggle even more.  I'm paying way more for gas, my grocery bill exploded, my son's medication has gone up. I'm too old to get a third job.  How has this admin made my life better?

Look at the thread you're in.....it's about Arizona's election recount.  It's starting to sound like that isn't going to work out how "stop the steal" believers had hoped, so now they're pivoting by asking how Biden has helped them.  All I can say is, my life hasn't changed at all since the election, other than the other side of the aisle now has the hair on fire issue.....Everything else has remained relatively static, except that some people on the public dole are resisting returning to work.  There's no lack of gainful employment in this country, there's only lazy people.....obviously I'm not speaking about you, fancy...but you get my drift.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Look at the thread you're in.....it's about Arizona's election recount.  It's starting to sound like that isn't going to work out how "stop the steal" believers had hoped, so now they're pivoting by asking how Biden has helped them.  All I can say is, my life hasn't changed at all since the election, other than the other side of the aisle now has the hair on fire issue.....Everything else has remained relatively static, except that some people on the public dole are resisting returning to work.  There's no lack of gainful employment in this country, there's only lazy people.....obviously I'm not speaking about you, fancy...but you get my drift.

GO RV, then BV

Where do you live that you gas hasn't gone up and your grocery bill remains the same.  I'm not fighting with you, just trying to understand why things have gone up for me and not you.  I know that this thread is about something different just trying to understand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

Just now, fancy said:

Where do you live that you gas hasn't gone up and your grocery bill remains the same.  I'm not fighting with you, just trying to understand why things have gone up for me and not you.  I know that this thread is about something different just trying to understand.

Ohio

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, fancy said:

I will say this....gasoline is a dollar more a gallon than a year ago....However, the current price has been relatively stable for a couple of months now.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I will say this....gasoline is a dollar more a gallon than a year ago....However, the current price has been relatively stable for a couple of months now.

GO RV, then BV

November, right after the election, gas in Ohio was just south of $2.00......

Today, just south of $3.00......that is roughly a 33% increase since the Biden election....

And it only makes sense.....Keystone and the ME turmoil that this Administration seems to want to avoid......

Gas prices will go higher....

And for you Shabs....your neighbor to the North will screw you over royally when she shuts down pipeline 5.....Trudeau and Canada will also be screwed......and Trudeau has asked Biden for some help on this......so far....Crickets from Biden....

I will say yesterday Biden suggested a reporter asking a pertinent question on Israel stand in front of his $100,000 electric Ford Pick Up Truck....and after her ran her over he would be happy to answer her question....

Funny guy......     CL 

https://ycharts.com/indicators/ohio_retail_price_of_gasoline

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

For years you've ignored me, afraid to engage, even going so far as to pile on with the herd when I got targeted for disciplinary action.....And now, after all that, you somehow feel you've earned FROM ME an answer to your conspiracy laden questions?.....That's rich.  Perhaps you're better off in your safe space.

GO RV, then BV

Don't kid yourself....I put you on Blast so as to avoid the Ugly, Hateful personality 24/7 consumed be Hate anything and Everything Trump.....I don't have a Space Space and I have never Been Afraid of you or your other people......Just tired of the 24/7 orange Man bad.

Now I see you don't have a List of all the Great things Mumbling, Bumbling Joe has done for you, I or Any of the other Members here to make life better........

Well, I didn't think you would so no need to Circle Back.

Karsten

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 3

Associated Press

Arizona auditors backtrack, say no election data destroyed

JONATHAN J. COOPER
Tue, May 18, 2021, 7:10 PM

PHOENIX (AP) — Firms hired to run a partisan audit of the 2020 election for Senate Republicans in Arizona said Tuesday that data was not destroyed, reversing earlier allegations that election officials in the state's most populated county eliminated evidence. 

The claim of deleted databases was amplified by former President Donald Trump and his supporters, who believe conspiracy theories about election irregularities. 

Ben Cotton, founder of a computer forensics firm working on the audit, told key senators that he had recovered all data. The revelation came a day after Maricopa County officials released a scathing letter saying the auditors couldn't find the data because they didn't know where to look. 

“I have the information I need from the recovery efforts of the data,” said Cotton, founder of CyFIR LLC. 

He spoke at a livestreamed hearing called by Republican Senate President Karen Fann to demand answers from county officials about the allegation of deleted data and improper documentation of ballot storage. 

The GOP-controlled county Board of Supervisors refused to show up, instead holding a blistering meeting of their own Monday to refute the allegations. They called the audit a “sham” and said Fann's auditors are incompetent. 

After Trump complained without evidence that his loss in Arizona was marred by fraud, Fann used the Senate's subpoena power to take control of 2.1 million ballots, counting machines and hard drives full of data from Maricopa County, which includes the Phoenix area. She hired Cyber Ninjas, a firm led by a Trump supporter who has promoted conspiracy theories about the election, CyFIR and other firms to review the ballots and data. 

The ballot count is on hold this week while the aging arena where it's taking place is used for high school graduations. 

At the Senate's hourlong meeting Tuesday, Fann and Judiciary Committee Chairman Warren Petersen, also a Republican, asked friendly questions of Cotton, Cyber Ninjas founder Doug Logan and Ken Bennett, a former Republican secretary of state serving as the Senate's audit liaison. The meeting was broadcast online but was not open to the press or public. Neither senators nor auditors answered questions from the media.

County officials have refused the Senate's demand to provide administrative passwords to vote-counting machines and internet routers, saying the county doesn't have the passwords and releasing the routers would compromise sensitive data. 

The hearing did not shed light on a central question of the audit: who's paying. The Senate has agreed to pay Cyber Ninjas $150,000, but Logan has acknowledged that's not enough to cover his costs. He has refused to say how much the audit is costing or who is contributing. At least two fundraisers, one organized by a pro-Trump cable network and the other by a prominent Trump donor, have claimed to have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars.

While many Trump supporters hope the audit will turn up evidence that he was the rightful winner of the 2020 election, Fann said she's not looking to overturn or decertify the election results. Rather, she wants to identify ways to improve election procedures in the future, which has prompted fears among Democrats that the GOP will push for legislation that suppresses Democratic votes. 

Petersen, the Judiciary Committee chairman, said the Maricopa County audit will be a model for lawmakers in the future. 

“When the next forensic audit is done, it will be a completely smooth process from start to finish," Petersen said. 

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-auditors-backtrack-no-election-231038931.html

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
Associated Press

JONATHAN J. COOPER
Tue, May 18, 2021, 7:10 PM

PHOENIX (AP) — Firms hired to run a partisan audit of the 2020 election for Senate Republicans in Arizona said Tuesday that data was not destroyed, reversing earlier allegations that election officials in the state's most populated county eliminated evidence. 

The claim of deleted databases was amplified by former President Donald Trump and his supporters, who believe conspiracy theories about election irregularities. 

Ben Cotton, founder of a computer forensics firm working on the audit, told key senators that he had recovered all data. The revelation came a day after Maricopa County officials released a scathing letter saying the auditors couldn't find the data because they didn't know where to look. 

“I have the information I need from the recovery efforts of the data,” said Cotton, founder of CyFIR LLC. 

He spoke at a livestreamed hearing called by Republican Senate President Karen Fann to demand answers from county officials about the allegation of deleted data and improper documentation of ballot storage. 

The GOP-controlled county Board of Supervisors refused to show up, instead holding a blistering meeting of their own Monday to refute the allegations. They called the audit a “sham” and said Fann's auditors are incompetent. 

After Trump complained without evidence that his loss in Arizona was marred by fraud, Fann used the Senate's subpoena power to take control of 2.1 million ballots, counting machines and hard drives full of data from Maricopa County, which includes the Phoenix area. She hired Cyber Ninjas, a firm led by a Trump supporter who has promoted conspiracy theories about the election, CyFIR and other firms to review the ballots and data. 

The ballot count is on hold this week while the aging arena where it's taking place is used for high school graduations. 

At the Senate's hourlong meeting Tuesday, Fann and Judiciary Committee Chairman Warren Petersen, also a Republican, asked friendly questions of Cotton, Cyber Ninjas founder Doug Logan and Ken Bennett, a former Republican secretary of state serving as the Senate's audit liaison. The meeting was broadcast online but was not open to the press or public. Neither senators nor auditors answered questions from the media.

County officials have refused the Senate's demand to provide administrative passwords to vote-counting machines and internet routers, saying the county doesn't have the passwords and releasing the routers would compromise sensitive data. 

The hearing did not shed light on a central question of the audit: who's paying. The Senate has agreed to pay Cyber Ninjas $150,000, but Logan has acknowledged that's not enough to cover his costs. He has refused to say how much the audit is costing or who is contributing. At least two fundraisers, one organized by a pro-Trump cable network and the other by a prominent Trump donor, have claimed to have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars.

While many Trump supporters hope the audit will turn up evidence that he was the rightful winner of the 2020 election, Fann said she's not looking to overturn or decertify the election results. Rather, she wants to identify ways to improve election procedures in the future, which has prompted fears among Democrats that the GOP will push for legislation that suppresses Democratic votes. 

Petersen, the Judiciary Committee chairman, said the Maricopa County audit will be a model for lawmakers in the future. 

“When the next forensic audit is done, it will be a completely smooth process from start to finish," Petersen said. 

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-auditors-backtrack-no-election-231038931.html

GO RV, then BV

People on here are so scared of an article that goes against their beliefs they have to hand out red rubies. Really? How insecure is that? 
But back on topic. How many bamboo paper ballots have they found that they were looking for?(you can’t make this crap up)............ZERO! 
How many times do they have to audit this county? Been done twice already. This is the third. How many times do you have to hear there was no widespread fraud in this county? How many times........For real.......how many times? 
Get asked all the time what are you afraid of. Why don’t you want to know the truth? The results were tabulated Biden won. The results we’re audited Biden won The results were audited again guess what Biden won. That’s the truth.  So I ask you what are you afraid of?............The truth? Or the big lie that is just that!

Edited by caddieman
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Just now, caddieman said:

People on here are so scared of an article that goes against their beliefs they have to hand out red rubies. Really? How insecure is that? 
But back on topic. How many bamboo paper ballots have they found that they were looking for?(you can’t make this crap up)............ZERO! 
How many times do they have to audit this county? Been done twice already. This is the third. How many times do you have to hear there was no widespread fraud in this county? How many times........For real.......how many times? 
Get asked all the time what are you afraid of. Why don’t you want to know the truth? The results were tabulated Biden won. The results we’re audited Biden won The results were audited again guess what Biden won. That’s the truth.  So I ask you what are you afraid of?............The truth? Or the big lie that is just that!

I'm not American so this doe's not affect me but your shite attitude towards folks on this board is what compels me to give you a Ruby.

I have an understanding with Shabs, I leave him alone, and he leaves me alone. You on the other hand are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Yes, the last Ruby was from me.

pp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 6

9 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

For years you've ignored me, afraid to engage

People ignore you because you don't debate, you play vernacular twister. Talking with you is like hearing your echo in big Canyon,it's fun for a second but after a while it's just boring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

8 hours ago, fancy said:

I was going to say that his response would be, because it got rid of Trump. Then he admitted himself that he personally believes nothing bad has happened to him so the hell with everyone else. But that's to be expected from a Communist liberal. 

8 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Ohio

GO RV, then BV

You and I know better. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

:lol: Someone deleted the files, but they forgot to talk to Hillarious about how to properly use Bleach Bit.  So the "Experts" were able to recover the deleted files.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 6

26 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Maricopa County Duplicate Ballots Do Not Have Matching Original Ballots

We already knew this, but its good to hear it from someone that is sitting in court. The Trump ballots were said to be damaged, trown away and another was made out with biteme's name on it. Criminals traitors.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I was going to say that his response would be, because it got rid of Trump. Then he admitted himself that he personally believes nothing bad has happened to him so the hell with everyone else. But that's to be expected from a Communist liberal. 

You and I know better. :rolleyes:

How about you use your vast knowledge and enlighten all of the fine folks of DV as to the what state of this glorious nation of ours on Flat Earth that this "Communist liberal" resides in?  Don't be shy....channel your best DJT believer charm and them 'em have it.

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, caddieman said:

Speak it Caddie....truth to power.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

The Daily Beast

Surreal GOP ‘Audit’ in Arizona Is Off the Rails—and Just Getting Started

Kelly Weill
Thu, May 20, 2021, 4:53 AM

Photo Illustration by Sarah Rogers/The Daily Beast/Photos Getty

Photo Illustration by Sarah Rogers/The Daily Beast/Photos Getty

At long last, after weeks of absurd allegations, election auditors in Arizona suggested they’d finally found evidence of foul play in Maricopa County’s 2020 vote tallies.

“Breaking Update: Maricopa County deleted a directory full of election databases from the 2020 election cycle days before the election equipment was delivered to the audit,” the audit’s official Twitter announced last Wednesday. “This is spoliation of evidence!”

Actually, auditors conceded in a meeting with state officials Tuesday night, the directory had not been deleted. The auditors had just copied the files incorrectly. Nevertheless!

Maricopa County’s ongoing election audit is a disaster, even by the low, low standards of “Stop the Steal” mythology. Led by an out-of-state tech company with a conspiracy-minded CEO, the audit has been plagued from its conception by questions about auditors’ expertise and impartiality as they seek evidence that former President Donald Trump actually won the county in 2020. (He did not.)

The Last Scheme to Discredit the 2020 Election Is On, and It’s Even Crazier Than You Think

But as new audit blunders come to light, the recount is widening an already gaping rift between Republican officials in the state, with some of them saying the audit is dangerous nonsense and others calling for the arrests of their anti-audit peers.

Maricopa County’s audit emerged from a conspiratorial crowd that cried foul when Joe Biden won Arizona in November. Seeking to challenge Biden’s victory, Trump supporters championed a series of quickly debunked theories, falsely claiming that Trump supporters’ votes had been invalidated with Sharpie markers, or that Maricopa County Republicans had placed ballots in a chicken barn and burned the barn to the ground. Many of those claims have originated in fringe chat groups, including those associated with the QAnon conspiracy theory. Still, state-level Republicans gave the claims a veneer of credibility when they ordered an independent audit earlier this year, in a move applauded by “Stop the Steal” diehards seeking to hold their own audits in other states.

The allegation that Maricopa County deleted voter data was the latest in a series of dubious claims to emerge from the byzantine process. But for some local Republicans, that allegation was a final blow to a fraying relationship with other members of their party.

Especially after Trump promoted the claim.

“The entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED! This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms,” Trump wrote in a long statement posted to his website last week. He also claimed that “many Radical Left Democrats and weak Republicans are very worried about the fact that this has been exposed” and that “the story is only getting bigger and at some point it will be impossible for the weak and/or corrupt media not to cover.”

Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer—a Republican, and one of several who’s battled with far-right foes in the state in recent days—shared Trump’s statement with disbelief earlier this week.

“Wow. This is unhinged. I’m literally looking at our voter registration database on my other screen. Right now,” Richer tweeted. “We can’t indulge these insane lies any longer. As a party. As a state. As a country. This is as readily falsifiable as 2+2=5. If we don’t call this out…”

By now, Maricopa County’s GOP-majority leadership has grown accustomed to attacks from state and national-level Republicans after their hotly contested county voted for Biden last November. Those county officials oversaw multiple audits that confirmed Biden’s victory, despite persistent conspiracy theories that claimed Trump had won the area.

But those audits didn’t satisfy Trump fans around the country, who demanded another search for election oddities. This spring, Arizona’s Republican-majority state Senate mandated the current audit, this time overseen by the Florida-based company Cyber Ninjas, which has no elections experience and is helmed by a CEO who promoted voter fraud conspiracy theories on Twitter.

Arizona’s ‘Cyber Ninjas’ Usher in New Era of Insane Ballot Attacks

Auditors reported conducting bizarre tests, like checking ballots for bamboo fibers, on the basis of a conspiracy theory that claimed fake ballots had been shipped from Asia. In an essay for The Washington Post, an experienced elections expert who observed part of the audit reported procedures that changed “almost daily” and that their methods of counting votes “allowed for a shocking amount of error.”

Those audit issues—and the simmering feud between state and local Republicans—came to the fore in a Monday letter from the GOP-run Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. The letter, addressed to the head of the state Senate, objected to allegations that the county had deleted voter data.

“These accusations are false, defamatory, and beneath the dignity of the Senate,” the letter read, noting that the files still existed and that auditors had transferred them improperly, leading to a computer error.

“That the Senate would launch such a grave accusation via Twitter not only before waiting for an answer to your questions, but also before your so called ‘audit’ demonstrates to the world that the Arizona Senate is not acting in good faith, has no intention of learning anything about the November 2020 General Election, but is only interested in feeding the various festering conspiracy theories that fuel the fundraising schemes of those pulling your strings,” they wrote.

“You have rented out the once good name of the Arizona State Senate to grifters and con-artists, who are fundraising hard-earned money from our fellow citizens even as your contractors parade around the Coliseum,” the letter continued, “hunting for bamboo and something they call ‘kinematic artifacts’ while shining purple lights for effect.”

That same day, however, prominent elected Arizona Republicans were doubling down on conspiracy claims. One state senator appeared on a conservative talk show on Monday to promote the bamboo fiber theory. “There’s a rumor out there that ballots were shipped in from overseas that were made of bamboo,” she said. “This process can determine that."

Kelli Ward, chair of the Arizona Republican Party, appeared on One America News, a far-right news network whose anchors launched a fundraiser for the audit, to imply that local officials might be arrested if they did not comply with legislators’ demands.

“There have to be consequences,” Ward said. “There could be arrests of people who are refusing to comply." (Ward did not return a request for comment.)

It wouldn’t even be the first time state-level Republicans threatened Maricopa County’s Board of Commissioners—again, dominated by their own party—with arrest. While the county was arguing against the audit in court earlier this year, Senate Republicans co-sponsored a resolution calling for the arrest of the commissioners on contempt of court charges.

On Tuesday, Maricopa County officials referenced the arrest threats in a Twitter missive.

“The Senate President says the dispute over elections isn’t personal,” read a tweet from the official county Twitter account. “The subpoena, the attempt to hold the Board in contempt w/ possible jail time, and the @ArizonaAudit lie that the county deleted files all suggest otherwise.”

Ward quote-tweeted the county to accuse its commissioners of being the real bullies. “FYI: Personal: name calling & falsely attributing motives to state senators & voters,” she wrote. “Not personal: legislative subpoenas, consequences for contempt, asking questions about irregularities in election & post election processes.”

By Tuesday evening, however, even the audit’s backers conceded that Maricopa County officials had not secretly deleted files. In a meeting that night, a state Senate contractor testified that the files existed after all, on at least four computers that he examined.

Maricopa County’s apparently fed up social media manager was not impressed.

“Just want to underscore that AZ Senate’s @ArizonaAudit account accused Maricopa County of deleting files- which would be a crime- then a day after our technical letter explained they were just looking in the wrong place- all of a sudden ‘auditors’ have recovered the files,” the county tweeted Tuesday night, “🤔.”

The audit is scheduled to continue into next month. If the process so far is any indication, the GOP rift in the state will proceed right along with it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/surreal-gop-audit-arizona-off-085341689.html

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Actually, auditors conceded in a meeting with state officials Tuesday night, the directory had not been deleted.

That's a lie.  Why do you continue to post these lies, after they have been exposed for what they are? 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1