Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Abadi: The government of Abdul-Mahdi killed the demonstrators in cold blood ... and this is my relationship with Al-Maliki

yota691

Al-Abadi: The government of Abdul-Mahdi killed the demonstrators in cold blood ... and this is my relationship with Al-Maliki

•  Today, 01:16
  •  
  •  

upload_1618697804_1896335509.jpg

Baghdad - IQ  

Former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi revealed, on Saturday (April 17, 2021), the nature of his relationship with the Dawa Party and the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, while he accused the government of Adel Abdul Mahdi of killing demonstrators "in cold blood."

Al-Abadi said in a television interview on Al-Sharqiya TV, which was seen by  IQ NEWS , that "the political parties advanced their interests over the interests of the state," explaining, "We did not confront the leadership of the Dawa Party after a general conference, 2019, and the conflict that occurred in the party was in 2014."

Al-Abadi indicated that "there is no personal disagreement between me and Nuri al-Maliki, but I differ in visions with him in running the state," pointing out that "the reference, Ali al-Sistani, was the one who asked to change the prime minister in 2014."

Al-Abadi revealed that his name was presented to the prime minister in 2006, "stressing," I am happy to leave the premiership more than I received it, and the period of my rule for Iraq was years of embers. "

Al-Abadi pointed out that “Abd al-Mahdi’s government killed the demonstrators in cold blood,” explaining that “the October martyrs were only carrying flags, and the October demonstrations were a warning to the ruling class.”

He stressed, "I decided not to assume the premiership after Abdul-Mahdi's resignation," stressing, "I cannot be a tool in the hands of others, and this is what they wanted."

Al-Abadi explained that "whoever forms the government and chooses the prime minister want the weakest, not the strongest," noting that "there was insistence on keeping Adel Abdul Mahdi as prime minister from some blocs."

Al-Abadi stressed that "the disaster is the accusation of peaceful demonstrators of the conspirators," noting at the same time that "there is an organized party that burned the Iranian consulate."

Al-Abadi pointed out that "there are parties that threatened to burn Iraq if I took over the prime minister for a second term." 

Al-Abadi clarified that "there was fraud and a major defect in the results of Kirkuk governorate," blaming the "election commission for fraud that occurred in 2018."

Al-Abadi noted that "political parties did not want Al-Abadi to continue as prime minister," noting that those parties "expected that running the state would be easy."

Regarding the liberation operations during his reign, Al-Abadi said, "It is the blood of Iraqis that achieved victory over ISIS  , not the Americans or the Iranians," noting at the same time that "the political exploitation of the crowd is a great betrayal of it."

• Thanks 1