Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WOAH: Women Are Suffering From Menstrual Problems After Getting The COVID Jab

WOAH: Women Are Suffering From Menstrual Problems After Getting The COVID Jab

shutterstock_1767084407-758x506.jpg

Dr. Kate Clancy, an associate professor at the University of Illinois, said in February that she had been hearing of women who experienced changes in their menstrual cycles since getting their vaccine shots. The professor wrote about her experience on Twitter and described it as if she was fascinated by the changes.

I’m a week and a half out from dose 1 of Moderna, got my period maybe a day or so early, and am gushing like I’m in my 20s again”, wrote the professor. She then explained in a different tweet that she was “fascinated” and “inflammation + tissue remodeling = extra bleedypants!” As a woman myself, I find it fascinating that she is enjoying this.

Several other women have said that they have experienced heavier bleeding too, as well as more painful periods after getting vaccinated. The professor’s twitter thread prompted more women to share their experiences with her, some saying they were experiencing heavier flows than usual, worsened cramps, and irregular timing. One of the women even said she spent two weeks bleeding after her Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Her thread was written on late February but it has continued to receive reports from women documenting their experiences: “I got J&J on March 15, then started my period about 2 days later — over a week early. It was heavier than normal“, wrote one.

Two weeks exactly after shot number 2, my cycle started 12 days earlier and heavier than it’s been for the last three years“, said another.

I am 3 weeks out from my first Moderna shot and started my period in the middle of a BC pack. That’s never happened to me in 12 years of taking the pill. I never even spot between periods“, wrote one more.

My period following 1st Moderna dose came a week early and was the most painful I’ve ever had“, tweeted yet another. “After second dose it came almost two weeks late and my cycle has been regular for years so I knew it was the vaccine but felt scared to say so“.

I thought I was going CRAZY“, another answered. “I got the J&J shot three days before my period started and it’s now been…. 16 days of bleeding (normal period for 5 days then light but consistent bleeding for the rest)”.

The founder of Marea Wellness, Monica Grohne, said her company has been hearing about thousands of women reporting side effects from the vaccines. Some experts, like Dr. Amesh A. Adalja, have suggested that this may just be the result of normal vaccine pain. Others have said that it may be due to stress.

According to Health Magazine experts aren’t sure about why so many women are seeing changes in their periods, and that so far there is not enough data to determine the reason. There is a global support group on Facebook, where people who suffered from COVID have gone to discuss their issues. The group has over 22 thousand female members, and it has hosted numerous discussions about a sudden lack of periods, as well as concerns about fertility.

One poll of more than 100 members with long COVID found 80 per cent reported their periods had changed since being infected with COVID. In February officials looked at nearly 7,000 reactions reported to the agency’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). They found that nearly 80 percent of the reactions were reported by women, making them four times more likely to report a side effect than men.

CDC data also reveals that women are more likely to report worse side effects than men after receiving the vaccine. This is in contrast to the fact that women are less likely than men to fall ill to Covid-19.

• Thanks 2