Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prepping

Bama Girl

I have recently begun doing some prepping, not extremely, but staples that will make a difference in my life if all of a sudden store shelves are empty or prices become too high to be affordable. I’m very interested in other Dinarians thoughts on this subject. Thanks 😊

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I have recently begun doing some prepping, not extremely, but staples that will make a difference in my life if all of a sudden store shelves are empty or prices become too high to be affordable. I’m very interested in other Dinarians thoughts on this subject. Thanks 😊

SILVER SILVER SILVER. 

Canned foods and beans and rice. I personally trust in the Lord so not very big on guns and bullets, but everyone should have some. Even I do. Commodities like toiletries and anything you use on a daily basis. Expect somewhere between 3 to 6 months of disruption in the supply chain. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

SILVER SILVER SILVER. 

Canned foods and beans and rice. I personally trust in the Lord so not very big on guns and bullets, but everyone should have some. Even I do. Commodities like toiletries and anything you use on a daily basis. Expect somewhere between 3 to 6 months of disruption in the supply chain. 

I’ve concentrated lately in actual canning food in jars the old fashioned way, flour, cornmeal, sugar, dried eggs, dried milk, rice, beans, just basic necessities. If we are wrong in expecting hyper-inflation, the products can still be used. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I’ve concentrated lately in actual canning food in jars the old fashioned way, flour, cornmeal, sugar, dried eggs, dried milk, rice, beans, just basic necessities. If we are wrong in expecting hyper-inflation, the products can still be used. 

very smart, however, guns may be needed to protect what you have saved, if it gets bad enough. Also, don't advertise what you have.

• Upvote 7
  • Pow! 1

Ammunition seems to have disappeared in the last few months. What can be found is outrageously priced. This happened without me paying attention. 🙁

I trust in the Lord as well, but He provided us wisdom and I believe He expects us to use it. 🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

2 minutes ago, markb57 said:

very smart, however, guns may be needed to protect what you have saved, if it gets bad enough. Also, don't advertise what you have.

Excellent point and I have discussed this with no one ,except my siblings who are doing the same thing, and here. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I truly expect to be retired by the end of this year via proper preparation. At that time when I'm not working 70 hours a week I too hope to cann foods. But Sister know this, in the world we're going into just 25 ounces of Silver ($775) can save your family. Think $1,000 plus an ounce of purchasing power. 

27 minutes ago, markb57 said:

So true about the low profile. Where I live everyone thinks I'm a stupid trucker. And I'm cool with that. No one even knows about Dinar Vets here. Believe me, if people know what you have as a prepper they will kill you for it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

A few American friends have expressed " coming for a visit " which may last a " Few Months " they say. Of course they are welcome, but it shows more than a few people are concerned about the possible Communist take over by Biden and his tripe of the great USA.

The Snowflake brigade are nothing more than a mindless group of zombies following their puppet master to assist is the eventual fall of the USA.

Some people laugh when civil war and or unrest is mentioned. Wait a couple months then tell me how that's working out for you.

May God help all the righteous their and let the rest group together in misery wondering what happened.

pp

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Poker Player has some good points but The Nit Wit Running that Country is going way beyond this Bumbling biden puppet.......We have here.

Bare Necessities....Water and water Purification Tabs and a means to store it.

You already know about food....Now all the Rice/Beans and what not isn't going to cook well without a heat source....An old Coleman Camp Stove or Apex stove is a Must and a Couple Gallons of White Gas.

Ammo and hopefully you aren't behind the curve in that....A .22 LF rifle and or pistol at the bare minimum. I would prefer something more in kin to the AR15 and 5.56 as a Multi Role firearm and say ample ammo (1000 Rounds and mags as well)

MRE's aren't bad and that is what our Military eats.....I have a bunch and eat them now and again....Are they great...well are tasty and you can add cooked rice, Some have real beef, gravy and some veggies....Add Rice

A good couple good Knives, Camp Knife, a fixed blade you can carry on a belt and a Good Folder for in your pocket.

A tent of some sort for shelter in case you have to leave your area of comfort.

A backpack for you and everyone in you family with Clothe, Toilet Paper, some sort of radio of communications.

Something to sleep in....USGI MSS ( Modeller Sleeping System) is great, covers a wide range of climates and can be bought with a Weather Proof Camo Bizy (water proof mini tent)

Soy Candles in Mason Jars.....Soy does smoke like Parafin and will burn for hours giving both heats and light.

A stash of those silly Mylar Space Blankets....They weight nothing and in a pinch they do work.

Fire starters....Save your Drier Lint old Egg Cartons.....Stuff Egg Carton pockets with Drier Lint and torn paper from the top of the Carton and fill with melted parafin wax....Cut up into 12 pieces and use as needed to start a fire.

Some sorta saw, hatch and axe....I like Friskars as they split well.

I will add more if there is any more interest.

Karsten

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

I trust in the Lord as well,

I would add water. I have a 500 gallon water tank and a "life straw" (that's the brand - I am not selling it).

They make them for 1000 gallons of water or the larger community variety for a 26000 gallon filter life span.

Pour a  gallon of poor quality water in and 1 hour later have a drinkable 1 gallon out.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I have not done it yet, but I plan on buying a freeze dryer. I saw this couple on a youtube homestead blog , Missouri I think. They freeze dried everything . Scrambled eggs, every kind of meat ( deer, rabbit, beef, fish, turkey, chicken, etc), vegetables...everything. Beef stew. They cook it like normal, then freeze dry it. This is the type of food prep that last for 25 years. Just add hot water to rehydrate it, they say it tastes just like normal . Hope this helps. The freeze dryer they got was reasonably priced. 

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, new york kevin said:

I have not done it yet, but I plan on buying a freeze dryer. I saw this couple on a youtube homestead blog , Missouri I think. They freeze dried everything . Scrambled eggs, every kind of meat ( deer, rabbit, beef, fish, turkey, chicken, etc), vegetables...everything. Beef stew. They cook it like normal, then freeze dry it. This is the type of food prep that last for 25 years. Just add hot water to rehydrate it, they say it tastes just like normal . Hope this helps. The freeze dryer they got was reasonably priced. 

Do you recall the brand of freeze dryer? I have looked at them but the ones I’ve seen are pretty expensive. I invested in a dehydrator but would love a freeze dryer. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

Do you recall the brand of freeze dryer? I have looked at them but the ones I’ve seen are pretty expensive. I invested in a dehydrator but would love a freeze dryer. 

You might look at harvestright.....a side benefit is the extracted water can be saved..(although it's not much unless you're doing water melon)

And these days, everything is expensive....

You might find this interesting for drinkable water.....

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201811/kevin-j-ryan/zero-mass-water-solar-power.html

CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Some health items should be considered also--food grade hydrogen peroxide, Jim Humble's MSM,  Invive MSP 5,000PPM silver solution, some sutures, bandages, splints, blood clotting powder, for starters--all can be found with an internet search ( I DO NOT SELL ANYTHING)..... Plus good gloves of various types (waterproof, cut resistant warming, etc, ), a machete and a ninja sword for dealing with the walking dead that had the vaccine and whose frontal lobe is mush and-- ooops-- got carried away with that last part....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, whatsfordinar? said:

Some health items should be considered also--food grade hydrogen peroxide, Jim Humble's MSM,  Invive MSP 5,000PPM silver solution, some sutures, bandages, splints, blood clotting powder, for starters--all can be found with an internet search ( I DO NOT SELL ANYTHING)..... Plus good gloves of various types (waterproof, cut resistant warming, etc, ), a machete and a ninja sword for dealing with the walking dead that had the vaccine and whose frontal lobe is mush and-- ooops-- got carried away with that last part....

Good info and hilarious about “the walking dead”. Maybe they won’t hurt me because I took the shots too. I was really regretting doing it until Rand Paul said he was for the vaccine. He’s a doctor and a conservative Libertarian so I felt better after finding out his thoughts on it. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

SILVER SILVER SILVER. 

If it gets that bad I only need one round 

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:42 PM, Bama Girl said:

Tradable items 

And if you live in the city have an exit strategy. Anywhere but in a densely populated area . I have a few spots 

Even if it’s in an RV or a tent as long as there is fresh water. Have filtration devices and be ready to bug out cause if it goes down it will happen fast . On a good note my father was a prepper and he always talked about a collapse being imminent. That’s was over 40 years ago and we are still all here. 

• Upvote 2