Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Comments on Managed Float of the Dinar

eosirl

27 minutes ago, eosirl said:

Tried your suggestion PrehistoricMan and all I got was Nordstrum and Dillards selling black robes.

Wow you are right.  I tried it myself a week ago and found it easily.  Saved it to my favorite file....then she announced this thing would be 2 more years so I deleted it.  Now I cannot find it.  Perhaps she already took it down.  It was a site like blogspot.  Very simple

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carrello said:

Blackrobes, per your quote above, ...

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Mountain Goat?  She's probably just living the dream up on that Austrian mountain with her goats with a hot line to the CBI. Who would have guessed.

4 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Go to google and type her name in.  She has her own site now.  

I Believe That Ms Carrello Was Just Goofin’ On Mnt Goat - But Thx (Seriously) For Chiming In With The Helpful Response ! ;) 

32 minutes ago, eosirl said:

Tried your suggestion PrehistoricMan and all I got was Nordstrum and Dillards selling black robes.

I Can See Where There Might’ve Been Some Confusion With The DV Member ‘BlackRobes’ Being Mentioned In The First Paragraph Of Ms Carrello’s (Edited) Post Above - And Then The Pumper ‘Mnt Goat’ Being Discussed In the 2nd Part ! ;) 

PH-Man Was Responding Regarding The Site For ‘Mnt Goat’ - And Not The (DV Member) ‘Black Robes’ That U Searched For ! :o 

Hence Why U Received The Department Stores Selling ‘Black Robes’ In Ur Search Response ...

Although Hopefully U Might’ve Found A Good Sale ...

:lmao:  :lmao: 

But Thx For Starting This Thread Eosirl ! B) 

4 minutes ago, PrehistoricMan said:

Wow you are right.  I tried it myself a week ago and found it easily.  Saved it to my favorite file....then she announced this thing would be 2 more years so I deleted it.  Now I cannot find it.  Perhaps she already took it down.  It was a site like blogspot.  Very simple

Ya, I Can See Where U Guys Might’ve Gotten On A Different Conversation Track - And By Coincidence U Found That Additional Site Update Information ! ;) 

Mnt Goat First Started Pumping On The Convicted Felon TNT Tony’s Site About 8 Years Ago And Has Bounced Around A Few Times Since Then ! :o 

So ‘Her’ Posts Will Probably Start Surfacing Again From Somewhere - Some Of The Pumpers Used To Just Send There Material Directly To Dinar Recraps To Have It Posted Directly There ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

I Believe That Ms Carrello Was Just Goofin’ On Mnt Goat - But Thx (Seriously) For Chiming In With The Helpful Response ! ;) 

I Can See Where There Might’ve Been Some Confusion With The DV Member ‘BlackRobes’ Being Mentioned In The First Paragraph Of Ms Carrello’s (Edited) Post Above - And Then The Pumper ‘Mnt Goat’ Being Discussed In the 2nd Part ! ;) 

PH-Man Was Responding Regarding The Site For ‘Mnt Goat’ - And Not The (DV Member) ‘Black Robes’ That U Searched For ! :o 

Hence Why U Received The Department Stores Selling ‘Black Robes’ In Ur Search Response ...

Although Hopefully U Might’ve Found A Good Sale ...

:lmao:  :lmao: 

But Thx For Starting This Thread Eosirl ! B) 

Ya, I Can See Where U Guys Might’ve Gotten On A Different Conversation Track - And By Coincidence U Found That Additional Site Update Information ! ;) 

Mnt Goat First Started Pumping On The Convicted Felon TNT Tony’s Site About 8 Years Ago And Has Bounced Around A Few Times Since Then ! :o 

So ‘Her’ Posts Will Probably Start Surfacing Again From Somewhere - Some Of The Pumpers Used To Just Send There Material Directly To Dinar Recraps To Have It Posted Directly There ...

Thanks DinarThug for the explanation.

The unfounded allegation of Blackrobes and myself being in cahoots was a red flag. It was the cause and effect fallacy in action.  The cause - Blackrobes and I were new with 12 posts each therefore the effect - we were in cahoots. lol No need for proof just allegations.  Sad really. 

1 minute ago, eosirl said:

Thanks DinarThug for the explanation.

The unfounded allegation of Blackrobes and myself being in cahoots was a red flag. It was the cause and effect fallacy in action.  The cause - Blackrobes and I were new with 12 posts each therefore the effect - we were in cahoots. lol No need for proof just allegations.  Sad really. 

Ur Welcome - And I Think That Both U And BlackRobes Can Tell From The Overwhelming Majority Of Positive Responses That Ur Contributions Are Appreciated ! ;) 

So I Hope That U Both Continue Posting Here On DV Some More ... B) 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Mary B said:

how do you come up with this stuff

Lol - Last Saturday Was The Official ‘10 Year Anniversary’ Of CNN Broadcasting On DV ! B) 

(so where’s my dv 10 years anniversary pin - don’t we at least get like a badge or something ?) :lmao:

And So With Over A Decade Now Of Waiting And Having To Entertain Ourselves - Goofin’ On The Gurus Has Become One Of The Most Sacred And ‘Time Honored’ Traditions That We’ve Got Here On DV ! :o 

image.gif.2acd12e3eaed7458cc9021c95e9ce182.gif

Edited by DinarThug
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, eosirl said:

Carrello,

For the absolute record, I have no idea who Blackrobes is, other than the fact he/she claims to live in the southern hemisphere and I live in the northern hemisphere. I can assure we are not neighbors. The fact we have 12 posts each has is nothing more than coincidental and it apparently feeds your paranoia. You are the perfect example of why anyone with a bit of knowledge of the subject of international finance are reluctant to engage with forum trolls. While you are annoyed that someone with some information doesn't want to share that information with you, upsets you. Perhaps the rumor section is better suited for your reading material.  Like everyone else on here (12 posts or not) are entitled to their opinion, which obviously includes you as we can see from your post. If you don't like what you read, then move on. For others who would like a more in-depth, thoughtful, analytical, and non-hyperbolic read, they are so welcome to read my comment. 

I am not here to convince anyone of my thoughts, that's up them. One thing is for sure, you have a bunch of sour grapes, and you are throwing them at the wrong person.

As for the gurus I let them have their voice without my criticism, in the end, it's who you wish to listen to that will educate you or lead you where they want to.

Oh, sweetheart, I am not paranoid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

What?  It’s been 10 years already.  

D76E41D5-5E12-402D-8DA7-00F772EBCD13.gif.1440727321e6652696cc8f1c61af4363.gif

I didn’t get you no stinking pin.  I got you a date with this lady to go and have some fine ice cream.  You do like ice cream, right!!

4B22036A-5578-4244-B365-4E0295705D9D.gif.d6f4ff542006ddcc3b4ad5169faa720e.gif

Congratulations on 10 years you’ll never get back.  😂 😆.  I think I can speak for most of us DV’ers when I say, Thank you for the 27,751 posts that have been most informative and very entertaining.  Where do I send the bill for the endless clean ups from your wonderful silly make me LMAO posts.  

• Haha 10
  • Pow! 1

7 minutes ago, eosirl said:

shhhhh you are too, look behind you!

I hope your know-all attitude is beneficial for you, but I would get to know some of the personalities here before judging and advising members. I don't know of anyone that would say I am paranoid or afraid or anyone.

Many of us have love-hate relationships but we have been here a long time with a common goal. Some are good researchers and always share when they discover useful information. Others have degrees and/or experience in business and finance, legal, government, military ops and interpret and guide members on BIS, IMF, WB, WTO etc. comments and guidelines. We have a myriad of members dedicated to bringing information and opinions to everyone. We have many teachers but lecturing is not our preferred mode of communication.

If you join the conversation it may be beneficial to you, and who knows, you might learn something. I know with my advanced degree, extensive international travel and living in other countries, and decades of business experience, I have learned a lot here, and I know when the hip boots need to come out. Most here do.

Boo!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This is an old article but a really good read 01/04/2018

https://cbi.iq/static/uploads/up/file-151046653027240.pdf

A Simulation do the dinar exchange rate linked to a basket of currencies 

Dr. Admeh Abrehi Ali 

Introduction:
The stabilization of the national currency by a basket of currencies, which is among the world's exchange-rate regimes, as well as strict or flexible bilateral linkage. Therefore It is proposed that the dinar be pegged to a basket of major currencies, international reserve currencies, dominant in foreign trade and capital markets, United States Dollars. But Iraq has been used to favoring bilateral ties in its monetary history and to this day. It is no secret to the followers of the argument of bilateral linkage and dollars in particular That the source of foreign currency to Iraq is the dollar first, and secondly the dollar is often in official international reserves and about 65 percent in Third, Iraq's foreign trade depends on the dollar's currency, even with neighboring and Asian countries, and the fourth most countries depend on the dollar to intervene in the market Exchange is called the intervention currency, and in Iraq also operates the window of the central bank in dollars and so we call the currency of the window.

However, it is necessary to interact with the currency basket proposal and to discover patterns of exchange rate movement under this system. For those interested and decision-makers to consider the performance of this system and how it differs from the bilateral link.

The exchange rate of the dinar linked to a basket of currencies of varying weights:

In this note, a review of the exchange rate of the Euro, Pound Sterling, Yen and Swiss currency against the Dollar since the beginning of 1999. Then we assumed The Iraqi dinar was pegged to a basket of currencies according to three alternatives to weights between the first of January 1999, the beginning of the euro, and the beginning of the 10th of 2017.

The weights are:

First: 65% of the dollar; 20% of the euro; and the rest of the currencies 5% each.
Second: 60% for the dollar; 20% for the euro; 10% for the sterling; and 5% for the Swiss and Japanese.
Third: 50% to the dollar; 25% to the euro; 10% to the pound; 5.7% to the Swiss and Japanese.

The exchange rate of the dinar was then calculated according to the linkage of these currencies. For simulations we assumed starting from the beginning of 2012, and points could be selected Start again and recalculate but this does not affect the pattern of movement up and down. It is important to state the results of the currency basket commitment and its weights in the exchange rate calculation, And within a period of time sufficient for the occurrence of cyclical changes and fluctuations in the relationship between the major currencies in the world. At the starting point on the first day of the first month For the year the dollar was 1200 dinars, ie at the moment of transition from the binary system to the basket. The exchange rates of other currencies change in dinars according to their exchange rates In dollars. The result is shown in the table at the end of this note, which shows how much the exchange rate will be in accordance with the currency basket and its stated weights. Below is pure experience with the assumption that the exchange rate of another primary is 1700 dinars per dollar

The proposal to adopt a currency basket instead of a bilateral link means that the exchange rate of the dollar will change in dinars according to the exchange rate of the basket currencies against the dollar. How many will be Change ranges, this is what you find in the table. When pricing the euro or the pound in dinars it depends on the exchange rates between those currencies and dollars, for example:

Dollars per euro are multiplied by dinars per dollar and so on. So that the dealer who turned the dinar into euros and then to the dollar recovers the amount of the dinar He used it to buy the euro when converting dollars into dinars at the same market moment. Note that the euro exchange rate with the dollar is cyclical, and generally the trend of the exchange rate of all currencies for reasons related to Productivity and therefore export prices and balance of payments accordingly. Therefore, adoption of the basket does not guarantee a specific direction for the exchange rate of the dollar, or any Other currency, in dinars. And when the basket is adopted, it does not require changing the exchange rate daily, but enough per week or monthly.  These accounts and data presentations for clarification, and knowledge of the quantitative scope of the issue under discussion. When you switch to a basket, you need to agree on currencies Weights and why. The weights assumed in this note are close to the first alternative to the components of Iraq's international reserves. Relative components can be considered For foreign trade or others to propose weights.

Table (1)
Summary of exchange rate simulation results (JDs) when linked to a currency basket
From the assumed time horizon until October 2017

Table (1) Summary of exchange rate simulation results (JDs) when linking a basket of currencies from the assumed start date until October 2017

chartA.jpg.e6a1311ea25cc46bf33301106dedc7bd.jpg

Figure 1: Exchange rate movement between January 2005 and October 2017: Simulating the peg to the basket of currencies

chart.jpg.1a863a9f7465791baa904fe73d13eb9a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Carrello said:

I hope your know-all attitude is beneficial for you, but I would get to know some of the personalities here before judging and advising members. I don't know of anyone that would say I am paranoid or afraid or anyone.

Many of us have love-hate relationships but we have been here a long time with a common goal. Some are good researchers and always share when they discover useful information. Others have degrees and/or experience in business and finance, legal, government, military ops and interpret and guide members on BIS, IMF, WB, WTO etc. comments and guidelines. We have a myriad of members dedicated to bringing information and opinions to everyone. We have many teachers but lecturing is not our preferred mode of communication.

If you join the conversation it may be beneficial to you, and who knows, you might learn something. I know with my advanced degree, extensive international travel and living in other countries, and decades of business experience, I have learned a lot here, and I know when the hip boots need to come out. Most here do.

Boo!

Oh come one Carrello, where's your sense of humor? 

What makes you think that I don't speak 3 languages and have lived in several countries too.  The paranoid reference was in relation to you not being party to Blackrobes circle of private information and the proposed idea that BR and I were previously associated, which again you were categorially wrong and I have every right to refute it. Never said you were afraid, or afraid of anyone. I don't know who you are. Just remember you did the judging first. I just simply retorted to your comments.

Please note there's a difference between lecturing and voicing an opinion. Don't confuse the two.  I have no desire to 'convert' anyone to my way of thinking. After all it is a forum here. I won't be intimidated by you simply because I don't have an agenda to sell. I don't sell dinar, I am not classified as a guru and don't want to be. 

I have however been through two country currency changes and am aware of the process from a retail stand point of view and also from an educational background. So perhaps my experience might be of benefit to someone, and if not, I am not going to cry.

Oh by the way, calling me 'sweetheart' was not only condescending but judgmental, kettle pot black etc. 

PS  Just for the record not female.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

33 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

This is an old article but a really good read 01/04/2018

https://cbi.iq/static/uploads/up/file-151046653027240.pdf

A Simulation do the dinar exchange rate linked to a basket of currencies 

Dr. Admeh Abrehi Ali 

Introduction:
The stabilization of the national currency by a basket of currencies, which is among the world's exchange-rate regimes, as well as strict or flexible bilateral linkage. Therefore It is proposed that the dinar be pegged to a basket of major currencies, international reserve currencies, dominant in foreign trade and capital markets, United States Dollars. But Iraq has been used to favoring bilateral ties in its monetary history and to this day. It is no secret to the followers of the argument of bilateral linkage and dollars in particular That the source of foreign currency to Iraq is the dollar first, and secondly the dollar is often in official international reserves and about 65 percent in Third, Iraq's foreign trade depends on the dollar's currency, even with neighboring and Asian countries, and the fourth most countries depend on the dollar to intervene in the market Exchange is called the intervention currency, and in Iraq also operates the window of the central bank in dollars and so we call the currency of the window.

However, it is necessary to interact with the currency basket proposal and to discover patterns of exchange rate movement under this system. For those interested and decision-makers to consider the performance of this system and how it differs from the bilateral link.

The exchange rate of the dinar linked to a basket of currencies of varying weights:

In this note, a review of the exchange rate of the Euro, Pound Sterling, Yen and Swiss currency against the Dollar since the beginning of 1999. Then we assumed The Iraqi dinar was pegged to a basket of currencies according to three alternatives to weights between the first of January 1999, the beginning of the euro, and the beginning of the 10th of 2017.

The weights are:

First: 65% of the dollar; 20% of the euro; and the rest of the currencies 5% each.
Second: 60% for the dollar; 20% for the euro; 10% for the sterling; and 5% for the Swiss and Japanese.
Third: 50% to the dollar; 25% to the euro; 10% to the pound; 5.7% to the Swiss and Japanese.

The exchange rate of the dinar was then calculated according to the linkage of these currencies. For simulations we assumed starting from the beginning of 2012, and points could be selected Start again and recalculate but this does not affect the pattern of movement up and down. It is important to state the results of the currency basket commitment and its weights in the exchange rate calculation, And within a period of time sufficient for the occurrence of cyclical changes and fluctuations in the relationship between the major currencies in the world. At the starting point on the first day of the first month For the year the dollar was 1200 dinars, ie at the moment of transition from the binary system to the basket. The exchange rates of other currencies change in dinars according to their exchange rates In dollars. The result is shown in the table at the end of this note, which shows how much the exchange rate will be in accordance with the currency basket and its stated weights. Below is pure experience with the assumption that the exchange rate of another primary is 1700 dinars per dollar

The proposal to adopt a currency basket instead of a bilateral link means that the exchange rate of the dollar will change in dinars according to the exchange rate of the basket currencies against the dollar. How many will be Change ranges, this is what you find in the table. When pricing the euro or the pound in dinars it depends on the exchange rates between those currencies and dollars, for example:

Dollars per euro are multiplied by dinars per dollar and so on. So that the dealer who turned the dinar into euros and then to the dollar recovers the amount of the dinar He used it to buy the euro when converting dollars into dinars at the same market moment. Note that the euro exchange rate with the dollar is cyclical, and generally the trend of the exchange rate of all currencies for reasons related to Productivity and therefore export prices and balance of payments accordingly. Therefore, adoption of the basket does not guarantee a specific direction for the exchange rate of the dollar, or any Other currency, in dinars. And when the basket is adopted, it does not require changing the exchange rate daily, but enough per week or monthly.  These accounts and data presentations for clarification, and knowledge of the quantitative scope of the issue under discussion. When you switch to a basket, you need to agree on currencies Weights and why. The weights assumed in this note are close to the first alternative to the components of Iraq's international reserves. Relative components can be considered For foreign trade or others to propose weights.

Table (1)
Summary of exchange rate simulation results (JDs) when linked to a currency basket
From the assumed time horizon until October 2017

Table (1) Summary of exchange rate simulation results (JDs) when linking a basket of currencies from the assumed start date until October 2017

chartA.jpg.e6a1311ea25cc46bf33301106dedc7bd.jpg

Figure 1: Exchange rate movement between January 2005 and October 2017: Simulating the peg to the basket of currencies

chart.jpg.1a863a9f7465791baa904fe73d13eb9a.jpg

Excellent article explanation on how the dinar could be introduced to the forex fixed to a basket of currencies with the percentages prorated. From the graph it takes the high and low rates out of the dinar's value equation and smooths the exchange rates.  The more currencies in the basket and depending on the percentages assigned can give a high overall average rate indicated by the bolded broken green dotted line.

Thanks Laid Back

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, eosirl said:

Excellent article explanation on how the dinar could be introduced to the forex fixed to a basket of currencies with the percentages prorated. From the graph it takes the high and low rates out of the dinar's value equation and smooths the exchange rates.  The more currencies in the basket and depending on the percentages assigned can give a high overall average rate indicated by the bolded broken green dotted line.

Thanks Laid Back

Thanks for your input eosirl, I really appreciate it 👍🏼😀

Hope they can find a good solution to raise the level of income.

We patiently wait.!

Go purchasing power

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Laid Back said:

The weights are:

thanks Laid Back. wouw the dollar is still the king. hopefully, the iqd are pegged to usd and rv between $1 - 5.26 dollar.

• Thanks 1