Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Biden Picks 1st Woman To Be Army Secretary

ABC News

Biden picks 1st woman to be Army secretary

LUIS MARTINEZ
Mon, April 12, 2021, 5:57 PM·3 min read

In a historic nomination, President Joe Biden has nominated Christine Wormuth to serve as the secretary of the Army.

If confirmed by the Senate, Wormuth -- who once served as the Pentagon's top policy official in the final years of the Obama administration -- would be the first woman to serve in the position.

Also nominated to two other top Pentagon posts were former California Rep. Gil Cisneros to be the under secretary of defense for personnel and readiness, and Susanna Blume to serve as the director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE).

PHOTO: Christine Wormuth, the deputy undersecretary of defense for strategy, plans and force development briefs reporters on the department's fiscal year 2015 budget request at the Pentagon in Arlington, Va., March 4, 2014.  (Glenn Fawcett/U.S. Department of Defense)

PHOTO: Christine Wormuth, the deputy undersecretary of defense for strategy, plans and force development briefs reporters on the department's fiscal year 2015 budget request at the Pentagon in Arlington, Va., March 4, 2014. (Glenn Fawcett/U.S. Department of Defense)

A veteran national security official with previous experience at the Pentagon, Wormuth also served at the director for defense policy at the National Security Council during the Obama administration.

Wormuth has most recently worked as the director of the International Security and Defense Policy Center at the Rand Corporation and was an influential player in the Biden transition team at the Pentagon where she headed the Biden-Harris Defense Agency Review Team.

"Christine is a true patriot with a dedicated career in service to America and our nation's security," Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in a statement issued while he is traveling in Berlin.

"As the former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, Christine advanced the department's counter-ISIS campaign and the rebalance to Asia, and her deep expertise will be critical in addressing and determining today's global threats, including the pacing challenge from China and nation-state threats emanating from Russia, Iran, and North Korea," said Austin. "I have no doubt that, if confirmed, she will lead our soldiers and represent their families with honor and integrity as the Secretary of the Army."

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin makes a statement after meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on April 12, 2021.  (Menahem Kahana/AFP via Getty Images)

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin makes a statement after meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on April 12, 2021. (Menahem Kahana/AFP via Getty Images)

The Biden administration has lagged in naming top officials at several national security agencies, particularly at the Pentagon where career civilians have been working in positions that normally require Senate confirmation.

Until Wormuth's nomination this week, none of the civilian heads of the military services had been nominated by the White House.

The three Pentagon nominations on Monday were included among almost a dozen national security nominations that included Christy Abizaid to be the next director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

"Defending our nation from enemies foreign and domestic requires a deeply experienced and capable team grounded in a commitment to our nation's ideals and a keen understanding of the sweeping challenges facing our arm forces today," said Austin. "The president's nominations today will help us build that team."

"Christine Wormuth, Gil Cisneros and Susanna Blume represent decades of combined expertise in national security, and we are positioned to take on the crises we face in the current moment and prepare ourselves for the threats of tomorrow," he continued. "I urge the Senate to confirm them soon, so that they can take up this critical work."

Cisneros was a one-term Democratic congressman who represented California's 39th Congressional District before losing his re-election bid in 2020.

During his time in Congress, the 50-year-old Cisneros served on the House Armed Services and Veterans Affairs Committee. After the death of Army Spc. Venessa Guillen, Cisneros participated in discussions on the status of Latinos in the Army and helped introduce the I Am Vanessa Guillén Act that would make sexual harassment a crime within the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

He became a philanthropist in 2010 after he won a $266 million Mega Millions jackpot shortly after he had been laid off from a manager's position at Frito-Lay.

Prior to her nomination, Blume has already been performing the duties of the director of CAPE. She has held multiple policy and budget positions at the Pentagon and was most recently the Senior Fellow and Director of the Defense Program at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS).

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/biden-picks-1st-woman-army-215731695.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
ABC News

Biden picks 1st woman to be Army secretary

LUIS MARTINEZ
Mon, April 12, 2021, 5:57 PM·3 min read

In a historic nomination, President Joe Biden has nominated Christine Wormuth to serve as the secretary of the Army.

If confirmed by the Senate, Wormuth -- who once served as the Pentagon's top policy official in the final years of the Obama administration -- would be the first woman to serve in the position.

Also nominated to two other top Pentagon posts were former California Rep. Gil Cisneros to be the under secretary of defense for personnel and readiness, and Susanna Blume to serve as the director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE).

PHOTO: Christine Wormuth, the deputy undersecretary of defense for strategy, plans and force development briefs reporters on the department's fiscal year 2015 budget request at the Pentagon in Arlington, Va., March 4, 2014.  (Glenn Fawcett/U.S. Department of Defense)

PHOTO: Christine Wormuth, the deputy undersecretary of defense for strategy, plans and force development briefs reporters on the department's fiscal year 2015 budget request at the Pentagon in Arlington, Va., March 4, 2014. (Glenn Fawcett/U.S. Department of Defense)

A veteran national security official with previous experience at the Pentagon, Wormuth also served at the director for defense policy at the National Security Council during the Obama administration.

Wormuth has most recently worked as the director of the International Security and Defense Policy Center at the Rand Corporation and was an influential player in the Biden transition team at the Pentagon where she headed the Biden-Harris Defense Agency Review Team.

"Christine is a true patriot with a dedicated career in service to America and our nation's security," Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in a statement issued while he is traveling in Berlin.

"As the former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, Christine advanced the department's counter-ISIS campaign and the rebalance to Asia, and her deep expertise will be critical in addressing and determining today's global threats, including the pacing challenge from China and nation-state threats emanating from Russia, Iran, and North Korea," said Austin. "I have no doubt that, if confirmed, she will lead our soldiers and represent their families with honor and integrity as the Secretary of the Army."

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin makes a statement after meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on April 12, 2021.  (Menahem Kahana/AFP via Getty Images)

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin makes a statement after meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on April 12, 2021. (Menahem Kahana/AFP via Getty Images)

The Biden administration has lagged in naming top officials at several national security agencies, particularly at the Pentagon where career civilians have been working in positions that normally require Senate confirmation.

Until Wormuth's nomination this week, none of the civilian heads of the military services had been nominated by the White House.

The three Pentagon nominations on Monday were included among almost a dozen national security nominations that included Christy Abizaid to be the next director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

"Defending our nation from enemies foreign and domestic requires a deeply experienced and capable team grounded in a commitment to our nation's ideals and a keen understanding of the sweeping challenges facing our arm forces today," said Austin. "The president's nominations today will help us build that team."

"Christine Wormuth, Gil Cisneros and Susanna Blume represent decades of combined expertise in national security, and we are positioned to take on the crises we face in the current moment and prepare ourselves for the threats of tomorrow," he continued. "I urge the Senate to confirm them soon, so that they can take up this critical work."

Cisneros was a one-term Democratic congressman who represented California's 39th Congressional District before losing his re-election bid in 2020.

During his time in Congress, the 50-year-old Cisneros served on the House Armed Services and Veterans Affairs Committee. After the death of Army Spc. Venessa Guillen, Cisneros participated in discussions on the status of Latinos in the Army and helped introduce the I Am Vanessa Guillén Act that would make sexual harassment a crime within the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

He became a philanthropist in 2010 after he won a $266 million Mega Millions jackpot shortly after he had been laid off from a manager's position at Frito-Lay.

Prior to her nomination, Blume has already been performing the duties of the director of CAPE. She has held multiple policy and budget positions at the Pentagon and was most recently the Senior Fellow and Director of the Defense Program at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS).

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/biden-picks-1st-woman-army-215731695.html

GO RV, then BV

I'm alright with the pick if she's the most qualified person to hold the position....CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

If she turns out to be anything like the Commandant of the AF Academy that shouldn't take too long.

We'll see if this administration has the same revolving employment door as the last one.....or if it does indeed hire only the best and brightest.  Time will tell.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

We'll see if this administration has the same revolving employment door as the last one.....or if it does indeed hire only the best and brightest.  Time will tell.

GO RV, then BV

Yes.....time will tell.......

Biden’s southern border czar to step down just months into the job

Stef W. Kight
April 9, 2021, 4:28 pm
986d2fd9eb20164e0e5226dfadf71a49

Southern border coordinator Roberta Jacobson’s last day in the Biden White House will be at the end of April before she retires, she announced on Friday.

Why it matters: The former ambassador to Mexico has been at the forefront of the administration’s efforts to handle the surge of migrants at the border — which shows no sign of stopping.

Jacobson’s departure comes after there were more illegal border crossings in March than in any single month i
  • Thanks 2

On 4/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Regardless of that opinion.....the Army is still be the greatest branch of our dominant military.  Hooah!  :salute:

GO RV, then BV

:lmao::facepalm1:

Now that I'm done laughing so hard I fell off my chair, I think this is the greatest idea a demon possessed liberal could ever have. 

After all, as Dolly Parton says, " A woman can solve ANY problem a man can start with just 15 minutes on her back". :lmao::o:lmao::o

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

:lmao::facepalm1:

Now that I'm done laughing so hard I fell off my chair, I think this is the greatest idea a demon possessed liberal could ever have. 

After all, as Dolly Parton says, " A woman can solve ANY problem a man can start with just 15 minutes on her back". :lmao::o:lmao::o

Based completely on the post you chose to quote, who are you referring to as a "demon possessed liberal"?  

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Regardless of that opinion.....the Army is still be the greatest branch of our dominant military.  Hooah!  :salute:

GO RV, then BV

I would like to be a bug on a wall when that statement is made in a room full of Devil Dogs.

I have no affiliation with any branch of service.  😆

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I would like to be a bug on a wall when that statement is made in a room full of Devil Dogs.

Or seals....or green beret....or any other special forces group, for that matter.  Every one of them is convinced they are the best....that's what makes them special.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Based completely on the post you chose to quote, who are you referring to as a "demon possessed liberal"?  

GO RV, then BV

You know darn well I'm referring to the Luciferian leadership. 

1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

I have no affiliation with any branch of service.  😆

He did make it in a room with a MARINE in it. And I'm still LMBO.

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Or seals....or green beret....or any other special forces group, for that matter.  Every one of them is convinced they are the best....that's what makes them special.

GO RV, then BV

Yeah, Well ONLY the MARINES get to Guard the Streets of Gold. :salute:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Only marines, eh?  

GO RV, then BV

It's literally in our creed. :salute:

Another reason, " Only the Few, the Proud, THE MARINES".

MARINE CORPS HYMN

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country’s battles
On the land as on the sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

Our flag’s unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev’ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines

Here’s health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we’ve fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.”

image.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

It's literally in our creed. :salute:

Another reason, " Only the Few, the Proud, THE MARINES".

MARINE CORPS HYMN

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country’s battles
On the land as on the sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

Our flag’s unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev’ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines

Here’s health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we’ve fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.”

image.png

What about the Air Force and Space Force?  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

The patrollers and protectors of our glorious globe's air space and space...space. :D

GO RV, then BV

Well Now, Good for them. Meanwhile, I'll be Guarding the Streets of Gold in the Kingdom of Heaven for God Almighty :lol:

And admiring His FOOTSTOOL. 

SEMPER FI 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1