Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadr representative survives assassination attempt in Baghdad

bigwave

Sadr representative survives assassination attempt in Baghdad

Hazem al-Araji. Photo: Facebook

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — Hazem al-Araji, the representative of firebrand Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, survived an assassination attempt in Baghdad on Friday, his secretary has told Rudaw.

Ali al-Obeidi said that the incident took place at 5:30pm, in a ceremony commemorating killed members of a Sadr-led militia in al-Shuala district, eastern Baghdad.

"Armed men in two BMWs opened fire near Araji and hit a member of his personal bodyguard, which led to an exchange of fire between Araji’s bodyguards and the militants,” Obeidi said.

He believes political parties are behind the attempted murder, but would not name them. 

https://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/090420214

• Thanks 4

I posted the comment below, on another thread yesterday. I was right then, I am right now. Iraq can either RV, give their people a break, or the violence will continue. My comment from yesterday:

What is the name of the nutcase religious leader in Iraq, who organized riots? That is the man to watch. The only way great inequalities in income, they only way they get re-distributed, is when you have 2 conditions in place: a-an economic system that can generate wealth and also b-violence to make sure we have the necessity to distribute that wealth and level inequality.

The rich in Iraq, their top people are already wealthy, beyond belief, stole hundreds of billions, if not trillions. There is a good reason the poor have not seen this wealth: they have not rioted enough YET. :moneybag::bananacamel::twocents:

See the source image

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1