Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In a campaign organized by Iraqi expatriates, Mr. Sistani and Pope Francis were nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

yota691

This is America and we all have Freedom of Speech..! There! I neg'ed you!! Don't ever tell me what I can and can not say in my comments! This is not Russia, Iraq, Iran, China, or North Korea....and by the way, I was referring to the content of the article and not you posting it...get your facts straight first!! And again, I don't give a damn about the Pope visiting Iraq, I am here to make money!! 

• Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

7 minutes ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

This is America and we all have Freedom of Speech..! There! I neg'ed you!! Don't ever tell me what I can and can not say in my comments! This is not Russia, Iraq, Iran, China, or North Korea....and by the way, I was referring to the content of the article and not you posting it...get your facts straight first!! And again, I don't give a damn about the Pope visiting Iraq, I am here to make money!! 

I agree with Freedom of Speech but if you don't have anything positive to say, or have anything to add to the thread, you don't have to comment.

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

41 minutes ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

I would also ease up on how you speak to people on the site. Not only will you get negged constantly, you may also get banned! Speak your mind but try to be polite at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

No Roach, life doesn't work that way and I take the good with the bad. I have been around long enough to not give Iraq any slack. Enough with the window dressing and SOON. They do this every year and enough is enough! Rv the currency and get on with the business. Who cares about the window dressing because Religion give people unrealistic expectations, it divides people, the Clergy sit at the top, keep all of the money, eat well, live good and the people suffer! I believe in God but I don't put my faith in man or religion because it will fail you every time! 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

No Roach, life doesn't work that way and I take the good with the bad. I have been around long enough to not give Iraq any slack. Enough with the window dressing and SOON. They do this every year and enough is enough! Rv the currency and get on with the business. Who cares about the window dressing because Religion give people unrealistic expectations, it divides people, the Clergy sit at the top, keep all of the money, eat well, live good and the people suffer! I believe in God but I don't put my faith in man or religion because it will fail you every time! 

🤦🏻

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The Pope will ask Sistani to protect Christians in Iraq from militia weapons

Friday, February 12, 2021 - 02:00
Baghdad - Dr. Hamid Abdullah:

A source in the dump of the Shiite reference, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, revealed that the authority was informed of the date of his meeting with the Pope of the Vatican, who will visit Iraq early next March, and that the meeting between Pope Francis I and the Shiite reference will take place on March 6, before noon in the city of Najaf.

The source pointed out that the Shiite reference was informed that among the most important demands that the Pope raises to Sistani is to work together to protect Christians in Iraq, hundreds of thousands of whom have been displaced due to intimidation by armed groups operating outside the country.

The Iraqi Embassy in the Vatican sent a letter to the Iraqi Foreign Ministry talking about the importance of the Pope’s visit to Iraq.

The embassy’s letter addressed to the European Department conveyed what was reported by Western newspapers about the importance of the visit and its consensus that the Pope will focus in his dialogue with Sistani on establishing a framework that condemns all those who assault life and work together to promote interfaith dialogue.

According to the agenda of the Pope's visit, as leaked by the Iraqi government, he will visit the Church of Our Lady of Deliverance in Baghdad, which was subjected to a terrorist bombing on November 31, 2010, which ended with the killing and wounding of dozens of participants in the Mass, and a delegation from the Vatican city arrived yesterday, Thursday, in preparation for the visit of Pope Francis to the province. Next March. 

Najaf airport said in a statement that the Pope’s delegation had arrived in preparation for the visit to Najaf next March 

Upon its arrival in Najaf, the papal delegation held a meeting in the office of the religious authority, Ali al-Sistani, to discuss the preparations for the upcoming meeting between the Pope and Sistani next March.

The Pope's agenda includes meetings with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, President of the Republic Barham Salih, heads of diplomatic missions, a visit to the antiquities of Ur in the city of Nasiriyah and the house of the Prophet Ibrahim, after which he heads to the city of Mosul and Erbil to visit the most prominent churches in the two cities and meets with Christian clerics there. 

• Upvote 2

Najaf completes preparations to receive the Pope of the Vatican

Al-Najaf: Hussein Al-Kaabi

At the end of his visit to Najaf, the Pope's envoy expressed his thanks for the hospitality with which he received the visiting delegation from the General Secretariat of the Alawite Holy Shrine, while the Governor of Najaf, Louay Al-Yasiri, confirmed the readiness of the safe and stable governorate for the upcoming historic visit of the Pope of the Vatican.
The Pope’s envoy, Archbishop Lescovar, said in a press interview while he was traveling around the Alawite holy shrine: “His visit to Najaf and the Alawite shrine is a valuable opportunity to express his respect and appreciation for this place that is revered by many believers,” noting that “this place has a human history. Before the history of religions, this is what I hold in my memory of him. ”And Lescovar continued:“ We have brought together brothers in humanity. ” 
In another context, the Utbah media official, Faiq Al-Shammari, told Al-Sabah: “The visit of the Pope’s envoy to the Alawi holy shrine was to view its sacred sites,” noting that “the visit did not include any talk about the Pope’s visit to Najaf next month, but rather it was An exploratory visit ».
The governor of Najaf, Louay Al-Yasiri, confirmed that "the governorate is ready to visit in terms of security and service," indicating that "the governorate enjoys security and economic stability that qualifies it to receive VIPs in the world."
On the other hand, the Joint Operations Command announced that the international coalition against "ISIS" will participate in the plan to secure the visit of Pope Francis I, scheduled to Iraq on March 5-8.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Iraq's ambassador to the Vatican: The Pope’s visit is a message of peace

Baghdad: Hazem Muhammad Habib
The ambassador of Iraq accredited to the Vatican, Rahman al-Amiri, confirmed that Pope Francis’s upcoming visit to Iraq is a message of peace to the world. He is likely to sign a document for human fraternity between the supreme authority, Ali al-Sistani and the Supreme Pontiff, allowing the establishment of mutual trust relations between all components.
Al-Amiri said in an interview with Al-Sabah: “The big message contained in the Pope’s visit to Iraq is to support ways of interfaith dialogue, as the Pope wishes to promote dialogue and coexistence among all religious components, whether between sister churches or through Muslim-Christian relations. And he added, "Pope Francis will hold a special meeting with the supreme religious authority, Mr. Ali Al-Sistani, to discuss issues of limiting extremism, rejecting hatred, spreading peace values, and supporting the residents of the liberated areas because of the difficulties they faced, especially the residents of the Nineveh Plain, Mosul and neighboring cities, who were displaced following the work. Terrorist attacks carried out by ISIS terrorist gangs at that time.
And on the acceleration of political consultation in Iraq, he indicated that "Pope Francis will send a message to seek paths of peace, dialogue, brotherhood and constructive cooperation between the various politicians in Iraq in order to rebuild confidence and restore the spirit of hope among all Iraqis, especially youth, after years of cruel and bitter wars against Terrorist groups. "
The Iraqi ambassador to the Vatican said, "Pope Francis' trip will have a great impact on the continuation of the work of the permanent Supreme Committee for Interfaith Dialogue between the Republic of Iraq and the Vatican, and it is an opportunity to encourage political reforms and the stability of the country. It is likely that a peace document will be signed between the Supreme Leader, Ali al-Sistani and His Holiness. Pope Francis, like the document on human fraternity signed in Abu Dhabi with the Imam of Al-Azhar, allows the establishment of mutual trust between all components and paves the way for mosques and churches to cooperate and calls for upholding the values of peace and upholding the values of mutual acquaintance, human brotherhood and coexistence, and the consecration of wisdom. And justice 
Charity. "
Al-Amiri pointed out that "this visit has great value for the Iraqis with all their components and affiliations, and that the Pope will visit Iraq from its south to its north, and this is evidence of the beauty of his cultural and faith heritage, and this visit has common and reciprocal dimensions and restores the bonds of friendship and cooperation between the Republic of Iraq and the Vatican metropolis through conducting mutual meetings Fruitful dialogue. "
Regarding the roots of the idea of the Pope’s visit to Iraq, Al-Amiri said: “The idea of visiting Iraq by the Pope of the Vatican dates back to the year 2000, when the late Pope John Paul II announced his desire to visit Ur, the place where the father of the prophets was born, but this visit did not materialize, and the visit did not materialize. He also showed the government of the two former prime ministers, Nuri al-Maliki and Haider al-Abadi, and on November 24, 2018, the President of the Republic, Dr. Barham Salih, met with His Holiness Pope Francis in the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican City, inviting His Holiness to visit Ur place of the birth of the Prophet Ibrahim Al-Khalil and the Pope promised to accept the invitation at the appropriate time. It is appropriate, and despite the difficulties that accompany this visit, especially in the time of the pandemic, the Pope wishes to go to Iraq to encourage Christians to stay in their lands and not emigrate, as well as to encourage them To return. "
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi: The Pope's visit will contribute to the consolidation of stability

Baghdad: Morning 

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi described the upcoming visit of the Pope of the Vatican to the country, as it will contribute to establishing stability and spreading the spirit of brotherhood in Iraq and throughout the region.
This came during Al-Kazemi’s reception, yesterday, Sunday, of the Vatican’s ambassador to Baghdad, Mitja Scoffer, and during the meeting they discussed arrangements for the scheduled visit of His Holiness Pope Francis to Iraq next month.
A statement by the Prime Minister's Media Office stated that Al-Kazemi confirmed that the efforts of His Holiness the Pope are well-known around the world in limiting conflicts, giving priority to wisdom and reason and raising the value of the human being, above all political interests, conflicts and wars.
  • Upvote 1

•  Time: 02/16/2021 20:49:05
  •  
  •  Read: 3,458 times
Foreign Ministry: The Pope's visit to Iraq is on schedule and will be historic

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs commented, on Tuesday evening, about the news of postponing the Pope's visit to Iraq next March.

Ministry spokesman Ahmed Al-Sahhaf said in a brief statement, Al-Furat News received a copy of it that "the Pope's visit to Iraq is on schedule and will be historic."
Some news websites reported that the Pope's visit to Iraq was suspended until further notice due to the Corona pandemic.
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

• Upvote 1

Foreign Ministry: Pope Francis will visit by plane and Iraqi protection

Baghdad: Morning

Yesterday, Wednesday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that Pope Francis will visit by plane and Iraqi protection, while noting that the sermon will be delivered from the historic city of Ur.
The Senior Undersecretary of the Ministry, Nizar Al-Khair Allah, said in a discussion table attended by “Conscious”: “The Pope’s visit will be historic and will have a great impact on Iraq and support for Christians in the country,” indicating that “the Pope’s main sermon will be delivered from the historical city of Ur, the shrine of the Prophet Ibrahim on him. Peace".
He added, "The Vatican wants the Pope to come via an Iraqi plane with Iraqi protection," noting that "the Pope's visit to Najaf will be historic and he has not witnessed the history of the Hawza like it."
Al-Khair Allah affirmed that "the visit has a valuable religious dimension," noting that "there is communication with Najaf, Dhi Qar, Nineveh and the region regarding the Pope's visit and we have formed preparatory committees."
  • Upvote 1

Dhi Qar: Preparations for the Pope's visit have reached 70%

Baghdad: Omar Abdul Latif

The preparations of the Dhi Qar Antiquities Inspectorate in preparation for the Pope's visit to the province have reached about 70 percent.
Inspector General Taher Quinn told Al-Sabah: The angels working in the city began preparing the place designated for the descent of the Pope of the Vatican and holding the mass next to the house of the Prophet Ibrahim (PBUH), during his visit to the city next month, indicating that the place was prepared by conducting the electrical current and installing the canopy and stage .
He added that the works included erecting communication towers and the Internet, paving the street linking the city of Nasiriyah with the ancient city, and delivering all needs to it, including water.
Quinn added that the rehabilitation work included two squares and two rest houses, which will be completed in the next few days, stressing that the work is being carried out at a very high level and in the long term, and is not limited to the Pope’s visit to the city.
Regarding some of the criticisms directed at those works in the city, the Director of the Inspectorate of Antiquities of Dhi Qar emphasized that among the conditions of the United Nations Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (UNESCO) for the inclusion of archaeological sites, including the city of Ur, in the World Heritage List, not to add any building to them, warning that all The work that is taking place outside the city is now taking place, while the work that is taking place inside it is mobile and will be dismantled and raised to other places after the end of the visit ceremony.
  • Upvote 1

Foreign Ministry reveals {to Euphrates News} the importance of the Pope's visit to Iraq, with unprecedented media coverage

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed, on Monday, the importance of the Pope's visit to Iraq, with unprecedented media coverage.

"The Foreign Ministry coordinates first with all national authorities for the success of the tasks of the visit of His Holiness the Vatican Gate Francis I, who is hoping to visit Iraq on the fifth of next March," said the ministry's spokesman, Ahmed Al-Sahhaf.
He added, "The visit is a pivotal and historic event for Iraq and re-draws attention to the strategic importance of the country as well as all the sources of power and symbolic and cultural intensity that it enjoys. It will also restore in front of its partners from the countries of the world that it is still a meeting point, attracting and a subject of interest for all prominent figures in the world." ".
Al-Sahhaf pointed out to "the formation of sub-committees headed by the Senior Undersecretary of the Ministry Nizar Al-Khair Allah, supervised by a preparatory committee, and there are media, security and other committees related to protocol and logistical support that work around the clock in coordination and communication."
He continued, "Delegations have been received from the Vatican for the purposes of coordination and completion of the complete logistical survey of the visit and its surroundings," revealing, "working to facilitate the entry of hundreds of foreign journalists into Iraq and support their work to cover the visit in coordination with the offices of my Presidency of the Republic, the Council of Ministers."
Pope Francis (Pope of the Vatican) is scheduled to arrive by plane from Rome International Airport to Baghdad Airport, on the afternoon of the fifth of next March, and the official reception will begin in the VIP lounge at Baghdad International Airport.
Within the program, Pope Francis will leave Baghdad by plane, the next day (6 March next), heading to Najaf, to meet the supreme religious authority, Imam Ali al-Sistani in Najaf, then leave by plane to Nasiriyah, the center of Dhi Qar province, and sponsor an interfaith conference In the city of Ur (the birthplace of the Prophet Abraham).
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

• Upvote 1

Culture: Coronavirus will not hinder the Pope's visit ... and the fate of the incentive reward will be settled

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Director of Information of the Ministry of Culture, Nima Abdul-Razzaq, confirmed, today, Wednesday, that the visit of the Pope of the Vatican to Iraq early next month will take place as planned, indicating that the increase in Coronavirus infections will not hinder the visit.

Abdul-Razzaq told Al-Furat News Agency that "the increase in infection with the Corona virus does not affect the Pope's visit," stressing that "all preparations have been made and ready to receive the guest." 
With regard to the incentive bonus for intellectuals, writers and journalists, Abdul Razzaq affirmed that it was "approved within the fiscal budget for 2021 at an amount of one million dinars for each recipient."

It is noteworthy that a delegation from the Vatican is currently visiting Iraq a few days ago to make the necessary preparations for the Pope’s tour in Iraq during his visit scheduled for the fifth of next March and will last for four days.

The Pope will visit Baghdad, Najaf, Dhi Qar {Ur}, Mosul and Erbil. His tour will also include a meeting with the supreme religious authority.

It is noteworthy that Iraq has entered since last Thursday a partial and comprehensive curfew with the outbreak of the second wave of Corona virus and the entry of the new strain, and it will continue until the eighth of next month.

Hussein Hatem

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Report: Obstacles to the Pope's visit to Iraq ... The Vatican is taking extraordinary precautions

The biggest threat may be in Baghdad!

Photo: 

4 hours ago

A report by the American "The Daily Beast" website revealed the obstacles facing the Pope of the Vatican on his upcoming visit to Iraq at the end of next week, despite the occurrence of three attacks on the US-led coalition within a week and an increase in cases of Coronavirus, which pushed the country to strict closure For two weeks .

The report, published yesterday, Wednesday, February 24, 2021, stated, "The Vatican has taken extraordinary precautions to protect those coming with the Pope, as everyone traveling with him, including the Vatican Press Authority, received two doses of the Pfizer-Bionic vaccine," indicating that "a party Religiously, it will be set up in Erbil in a place that can accommodate 50,000 seats, but it will allow a capacity of 20 percent, as it is assumed that the crowd will not be vaccinated, and Iraq is not expected to start rolling out the Covid vaccine until the first 3 million doses arrive in late February.

According to the "Daily Beast" website, "the biggest threat to the Pope may be the escalation of violence in Baghdad, as his plane will land next Friday, and Katyusha rockets fell inside the heavily guarded Green Zone near the US embassy, last Monday, for the third time in a week." Another attack on the US-led coalition forces near Erbil airport, killing a civilian contractor and wounding others .

Iraqi Archbishop Bashar Matti Warda, who works with the Vatican intelligence, said before the visit, that "the anti-Covid measures in place may also protect the Pope from attacks, as no one can enter the places he visits without the need to know his identity and determine his seat."

As for Adrian Heisler, chief medical officer of "Helix International" for health, travel and international security, he explained that "the plans for the papal mass in the Franso Hariri Stadium in Erbil are in line with the approach of Europe and the United States towards large gatherings, including wearing masks and social distancing, so that Crowd control relatively well. " 

"My biggest concern will be the undisciplined masses of people who may congregate around the airports, the cathedral and the road, as he is afraid that the crowds lining the streets trying to peek at the Pope will ignore the physical distancing and gags."

Heisler indicated, "The possibility that Pope Francis would use his visit to promote vaccines, which he described as a moral obligation to put an end to the epidemic, and the Vatican also said that any employee who refuses to receive a vaccine will be dismissed." 

And the site stated that "despite the obstacles facing Pope Francis' visit to Iraq, he insists on doing them, as he recently said that he is aware of these dangers, and he also hopes that many Iraqis will see him from their homes on television . "

When asked about the reason for his visit to Iraq during the epidemic, he said, "They will see that the Pope is in their country. I am the patron of people who are suffering ."

The Vatican had said it reserves the right to cancel the trip if things become too dangerous, but plans are moving forward in Iraq . 

The visit, which falls between the fifth and eighth of next March, is the first of its kind for a country that faces enormous security and health challenges due to the Corona epidemic, and in which Christians are exposed to great problems, as the Pope has for years expressed his deep concern for the plight of Iraqi Christians and other ethnic minorities that have been suffering for years From the scourge of ISIS and sectarian violence .

The number of Iraqi Christians has decreased from one and a half million people in 2003 to between 150,000 and 400,000 people now .  

It is worth noting that the Pope is scheduled to visit Mosul, which was severely destroyed by ISIS militants, amid relentless efforts to rebuild the famous "Al-Nuri" mosque in the city and the Church of Our Lady of the Hour. Pope Francis will also meet the Supreme Religious Authority, Ali Al-Sistani, as part of his efforts To accommodate and embrace the Islamic world, the Pope will also participate in an interfaith meeting in the southern town of Ur, the birthplace of the Prophet Abraham who is believed by Jews, Christians and Muslims alike, and the Pope is expected to sign a "document of human brotherhood" during his visit .

• Upvote 1

Al-Samarrai MP: The Pope’s visit ignored the Sunni component

Political06:43 - 25/02/2021

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News
MP Muthanna Al-Samarrai asked, Thursday, the reasons for ignoring the Sunni component during the visit of Pope Vatican Francis to Iraq.
Al-Samarrai said in a tweet on Twitter: “I have seen the program of the Pope’s visit to Iraq scheduled for the month of March, which we welcome as we welcome every honorable guest, but the program ignored the existence of a basic component that is the Sunnis, and they have the Fiqh Academy of their senior scholars in Iraq.
He added, "It was worthy of the one who drew up the visit program to pay attention to this fact and it should not be ignored."

• Upvote 1

How Iraq will invest in the upcoming visit of the Pope?
Calls for promoting archaeological sites and going to Najaf, a message that it is the actual leader of the Shiites in the world, not the Qom estate

Moayad al-Tarfi, an Iraqi correspondent  Saturday 27 February 2021 3:14

324546-347180481.jpg?itok=HfAuHyu7

Iraq is preparing to receive Pope Francis in early March (AFP)

The Iraqi authorities continue their preparations to receive the Pope of the Vatican, Pope Francis in early March, in the first papal visit to the country since the establishment of the modern state in 1921, to represent a historical event in Iraq at a time of stifling political crisis, with the continuing attacks of the Shiite factions loyal to Iran on missions Diplomacy, international interests and high rates of corona infection.
The visit will carry important messages to all parties inside and outside the country, most notably the international community’s confidence in the Iraqi government and state institutions, despite the attempts by Tehran and its Shiite factions to make it appear weak internationally, and to use it as a pressure card in Tehran’s negotiations over its nuclear program and the lifting of sanctions.

A message of coexistence and peace

Iraqi Minister of Culture Hassan Nazim says, "The Pope's visit represents a message to the world, with the connotations it carries calling for coexistence and peace, spreading the spirit of tolerance, and highlighting the civilized face of the country as a country replete with monuments, religious shrines, and churches."

Nazem stated, in a statement during his meeting with the committee in charge of receiving the Pope, that the ministry has completed all preparations, and is currently attending a mini-conference of representatives of religious components before the arrival of His Holiness, and will issue a stamp and postcard, and establish church hymns and folklore reflecting religious and sectarian diversity.

Positive publicity

Head of the Mesopotamian Christian Bloc Yonadam Kanna adds, "The visit will represent support for Iraq by the international community by directing the world's attention to the country." Stressing that the government "took all security measures to protect the Pope." He continued, "It is also a message of solidarity with the Iraqi people and a call for tolerance and reconciliation. He will be accompanied by 75 journalists from around the world, so that the eyes will turn to Iraq during his visit."

Kanna explained that the visit is of a religious nature, as Pope will visit Ur in Dhi Qar, to meet the homeland of the father of the prophets Ibrahim, and he will also go to the supreme authority of the Shiites, Sayyid Ali al-Sistani and some other authorities in Ur, pointing out that his Holiness will invite the international community to cooperate with Iraq in the reconstruction And the displaced.

Busy schedule

Mansur Pius Qasha Khoury, of the Marushef Syriac Catholic Church in Baghdad, believes that the visit represents peace and love. He pointed out that the four-day program will include going to a number of churches in Baghdad, Mosul and Erbil, and concluding with a mass at Erbil Stadium.

According to Khoury, the start will start from the afternoon of next Friday from the Church of Our Lady of Deliverance in Baghdad and to meet with the men of the Christian ecclesiastical monks, nuns, priests and bishops, and on the second day he will travel to Najaf to meet Ayatollah Sistani, indicating that he will visit Ur, and after that he will return to the Church of Maryusef In Baghdad to perform the Mass, and Sunday to Arbil and from there to Nineveh, and then return to Erbil again to hold the Mass in its stadium.

Tourism promotion

The Tourism and Antiquities Committee in the House of Representatives stressed the need to benefit from the visit, by promoting tourism and archaeological sites, especially Ur in Dhi Qar Governorate, according to a member of the committee, Bashar Al-Kiki, who points to the existence of a government plan to preserve archaeological sites in Iraq.

read more

The "return of ISIS" raises the number of NATO forces in Iraq

Three demonstrators were killed in Nasiriyah, southern Iraq

Iraq invests in solar energy to produce electricity

Corona vaccine in Iraq: "20 million doses are expected at the beginning of March"
Al-Kiki added, "Work is taking place between the Ministry of Culture and the Tourism and Antiquities Committee regarding interest in the monument of Ur, as it is an important religious historical landmark, and has significance for the whole world and the Christian world in particular." The Pope will visit her. "

He pointed out the need for the Iraqi government to intensify its efforts to sustain support for these archaeological sites, especially since financial allocations were made for maintenance within the 2021 budget, indicating that there is coordination between international bodies, UNESCO and international archaeological missions to maintain these sites.

Regarding the possibility of foreign tourists, especially Christians, coming to the archaeological sites, especially in Ur, El-Kiki points out that there are concerns "due to the security situation," calling on the government to "control the country."

International recognition of the role of Najaf

The Pope’s visit to Najaf and his meeting with the supreme Shiite cleric, Ali al-Sistani, represents a clear message to the world and the Middle East, that this city represents "the heart of moderate Shiism and its capital," not the Qom estate, and what it means in terms of an extension of the rule of the jurist's rule in Iran and its policies.

The head of the Wave Center, Yasser Makki, believes that the Pope’s visit to Iraq in general and Najaf in particular, and his meeting with Sistani indicates that "the religious authority in Najaf is the de facto leader of the Shiites in the world."

Makki added that "the visit is historic and could be invested over the next 20 years, but the preparations so far were not at the required level." A rapprochement between the Shiite Muslims and the Christian world.

He points out that the importance of the Shiite community benefiting from the visit globally, in light of the conflict between openness and closed-mindedness, stressing that the armed groups linked to Iran call for the closure of Iraq and a move away from the international community, in contrast to the Sistani authority, which represents the axis of moderation.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Iraq shows the most prominent stations of the Pope’s visit and details of the activities

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The Ministry of Culture announced the clarification of the most prominent stations that will be included in the Pope's visit to Iraq, and details of the activities.

"The Minister of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities, Hassan Nazim, is holding a press conference for the media at the ministry’s headquarters, at half past nine in the morning on Monday, the first of next March," the ministry said in a statement.
And she indicated that "the conference will be devoted to showing the stations of the Pope's visit and details of the activities and activities that the ministry intends to conduct in preparation for the upcoming visit of the Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church in the world, Pope Francis, early next March."
The ministry called on all media from local, Arab and international satellite channels, newspapers and news agencies to attend this important conference.

Raghad Daham

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The Vatican ambassador in Baghdad was infected with Corona

28/2/2021 14:11:00

1710112822021_888888.jpg       

Official sources revealed to (Agence France-Presse) today, Sunday, that the Vatican ambassador in Baghdad, Monsignor Metia Lescovar, had contracted the Coronavirus without “having an effect” on the visit of Pope Francis scheduled for Friday.

The announcement coincided with the ongoing preparations to receive Pope Francis on the first papal visit in history to Iraq, which has lived through wars, conflicts and sectarian violence during the past forty years.

An Italian diplomatic source and an Iraqi official told AFP that Mgr. Lescovar had contracted the Corona virus.

A senior Iraqi official confirmed that the results of the tests were "positive, but this will not affect the papal visit," scheduled for Friday.

Mgr. Lescovar had visited a number of provinces during the past few days as part of preparations for this historic visit.

Pope Francis received the vaccine against this virus before his visit to Iraq, as is the case for dozens of journalists and officials accompanying him during his visit to Iraq.

PUKmedia, for AFP

• Pow! 1