Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Atlanta's Mayor Signs Executive Order To "Mitigate" Impact Of Georgia's Voting Restrictions

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Not at all....I'm sure they are well equipped mentally to achieve all of those things....However, for the less fortunate of them with limited means of travel and time, getting to obscure polling locations intentionally designed to discourage their time and effort to vote, is another thing altogether.

That is what the Absentee Ballots are for.   And what the hell do you mean by obscure polling locations are we back to their too stupid to know defense again? 

Anybody who doesn't think this law is designed to benefit Republicans is lying to themselves.  As always, just my opinion.

And anyone who thinks that just wants to cheat the system, because Liberals know they're ideas are in the minority and the only way they can get in the majority is to cheat.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Markinsa said:

That is what the Absentee Ballots are for.   And what the hell do you mean by obscure polling locations are we back to their too stupid to know defense again? 

And anyone who thinks that just wants to cheat the system, because Liberals know they're ideas are in the minority and the only way they can get in the majority is to cheat.

That's your opinion.....As for the polling locations, or drop boxes...Texas did the same thing, one drop box in the Houston area for millions of voters, really?  What is the point of that?

GO RV, then BV

10 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Not at all....I'm sure they are well equipped mentally to achieve all of those things....However, for the less fortunate of them with limited means of travel and time, getting to obscure polling locations intentionally designed to discourage their time and effort to vote, is another thing altogether.

Anybody who doesn't think this law is designed to benefit Republicans is lying to themselves.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

This new law is less restrictive than some states run by Dems.  Are you saying the Dems are trying to discourage the voters in their state also, Or is it just Red states that are voter suppresioning?

2 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

This new law is less restrictive than some states run by Dems.  Are you saying the Dems are trying to discourage the voters in their state also, Or is it just Red states that are voter suppresioning?

Not at all....just seems dumb to change a law in a state who's election results were audited 3 times and found to be sound, legal and fair.

GO RV, then BV

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

just seems dumb to change a law in a state who's election results were audited 3 times and found to be sound, legal and fair

Do you think that someone who has a vested interest in how an audit comes out should be allowed to participate and determine that audit's outcome?

8 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Do you think that someone who has a vested interest in how an audit comes out should be allowed to participate and determine that audit's outcome?

Like a POTUS calling the SOS of said state asking for thousands more votes in his favor, for example?....Of which, an audio recording exists and I'm sure you've heard it and therefore don't question the authenticity of such.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Like a POTUS calling the SOS of said state asking for thousands more votes in his favor, for example?....Of which, an audio recording exists and I'm sure you've heard it and therefore don't question the authenticity of such.

GO RV, then BV

Did you hear it ? Serious question

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

Like a POTUS calling the SOS of said state asking for more votes, for example?....Of which, an audio recording exists and I'm sure you've heard it and therefore don't question the authenticity of such.

GO RV, then BV

I've heard the whole audio, and there you go again, picking and choosing what you like to hear and omitting the rest of the conversation.  You do realize that is being deceitful right?

Just now, Markinsa said:

I've heard the whole audio, and there you go again, picking and choosing what you like to hear and omitting the rest of the conversation.  You do realize that is being deceitful right?

Whoa whoa.....do you see that as the same example you're pushing, or not?  If you don't include that, then the deceit lies with you first.

GO RV, then BV

Just now, Markinsa said:

I thought I heard on the news that they were mistaken on that call and misquoted Trump and that the said phone conversation was not what was initially reported and that it was a fine conversation 

5 minutes ago, Shelley said:

Did you hear it ? Serious question

DJT literally called Raffensberger and said, all we need is 11,700 votes, which we already have....Why would he call if he already had them?  The exact number could be off because it's been a couple months since I heard it.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Absolutely did....Did you?

GO RV, then BV

No that’s why I asked , I was going by what was reported recently on the news ..., stating that the conversation was not what they originally reported 

do you see that as the same example you're pushing, or not?

No, I am not.  I am asking you in general, should an auditor have a vested interest in the outcome of an audit they are performing?  Simple question, yes or no?

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

It's quite a long recording but one worth listening to.....I particularly enjoyed the "Gimme a break" part.

GO RV, then BV

They all have their little catch phrases font they .... like when Biden is telling a lie he says Come on man 

17 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Yes, they should....the vested part is truth.

GO RV, then BV

The correct answer is no they should not.  The auditors were not independent and actually have ties to the Georgia SOS and Dominion.  So no, there was actually no independent audit done in Georgia.

What is Auditor Independence?

Auditors are expected to provide an unbiased and professional opinion on the work that they audit. An auditor who lacks independence virtually renders their accompanying auditor report useless to those who rely on them.

For example, consider yourself a potential investor in ABC Company. If you know that the auditor for ABC Company keeps a close, personal relationship with the CEO of the company, how much would you trust that the audited work is a fair representation of the company’s financial standing? How can you be certain that the auditor and CEO did not collude to issue a favorable audit report?

The fact is that auditors who lack independence compromise the integrity of financial markets and the reliability of information. Investors would not be willing to extend capital to companies, knowing that the audited information was performed by an auditor who is not independent. Furthermore, banks would not be willing to issue a loan for fear that the auditor might’ve provided a biased audit report.

Five Threats to Auditor Independence

The following are the five things that can potentially compromise the independence of auditors:

1. Self-Interest Threat

A self-interest threat exists if the auditor holds a direct or indirect financial interest in the company or depends on the client for a major fee that is outstanding.

Example

The audit team is preparing to conduct its 2020 audit for ABC Company. However, the audit team has not received its audit fees from ABC Company for its 2019 audit.

Issue

The audit team might be tempted to issue a favorable report so that the company is able to secure a loan to settle the fees outstanding for their 2019 audit.

2. Self-Review Threat

A self-review threat exists if the auditor is auditing his own work or work that is done by others in the same firm.

Example

The auditor prepares the financial statements for ABC Company while also serving as the auditor for ABC Company.

Issue

By having the auditor review his or her own work, the auditor cannot be expected to form an unbiased opinion on the financial statements.

3. Advocacy Threat

An advocacy threat exists if the auditor is involved in promoting the client, to the point where their objectivity is potentially compromised.

Example

The auditor is assisting in selling ABC Company while also serving as the auditor for the company.

Issue

The auditor may issue a favorable report to increase the sale price of ABC Company.

4. Familiarity Threat

A familiarity threat exists if the auditor is too personally close to or familiar with employees, officers, or directors of the client company.

Example

ABC Company has been audited by the same auditor for over 10 years and the auditor regularly plays golf with the CEO and CFO of ABC Company.

Issue

The auditor may have become too familiar with the client and, thus, lack objectivity in their work.

5. Intimidation Threat

An intimidation threat exists if the auditor is intimidated by management or its directors to the point that they are deterred from acting objectively.

Example

ABC Company is unhappy with the conclusion of the audit report and threatens to switch auditors next year. ABC Company is the biggest client of the auditor.

Issue

The auditor’s independence may be compromised, as ABC Company is their biggest client and they, quite naturally, do not want to lose such a client. Therefore, the auditor may issue a report that appeases ABC Company.