Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Age of OIL is ending !!!

Getting back to the topic.  It is projected that plug-in hybrids or full electrics will be shipping in signicant numbers starting 2025.  If you reason that the first adopters will be people with long DAILY commutes , That should save a lot of gas year around.  If oil prices rise more will switch. 

Any country heavily dependent on crude sales will be in trouble. The  Saudis , UAE and Quatar are using their current wealth to develop alternate sources of income for the future .  They KNOW it will take a few years.

Kazimi knows this but He doesnt have the answer yet. They are quickly running out of money to do anything.

After 2025 oil in the ground will become less and less valuable.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, rockfl9 said:

Getting back to the topic.  It is projected that plug-in hybrids or full electrics will be shipping in signicant numbers starting 2025.  If you reason that the first adopters will be people with long DAILY commutes , That should save a lot of gas year around.  If oil prices rise more will switch. 

Any country heavily dependent on crude sales will be in trouble. The  Saudis , UAE and Quatar are using their current wealth to develop alternate sources of income for the future .  They KNOW it will take a few years.

Kazimi knows this but He doesnt have the answer yet. They are quickly running out of money to do anything.

After 2025 oil in the ground will become less and less valuable.

And so this is the beginning of WWIII

time to go to Vegas

On 4/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, rockfl9 said:

I use Mastrack to track all my company vehicles.  It gives me a full map of all driven miles for IRS purposes.

Its easy and once these tracking devices are installed as by manufactures governments will easily be able to track your miles to tax you based on usage of state roads.     It also tells me speed and harsh braking .  

I pay for electricity on a tiered basis. I always hit the highest tier and it is 17 cents a KWH.  

Those smart meters can also provide a demand rate .  Its coming to your neighborhood soon enough.

Solar does not pencil out for me. I use most of my power after the sun goes down. I live by the beach and only use AC a few times a year. My utility company SCE only pays you generation charges which is pennies.  And there is no guarentee that they will always buy your excess back from you.  Once they have enough solar plants built to meet state mandates they will not buy your excess.

Most homeowners don't have a clue about their electrical systems. Heck most kids these days cant change a tire on their car.  

• 2 weeks later...

The pandemic has delayed things a little, but EVs will be in full production in 2023. Tesla , with 4 plants expects to do 2.5 Mil units. All together 5 Mil. Rumor is that GM will intro a new brand. 

Easy to think that oil demand will decline.  That means a lower price.

The Arabs know this and are developing alternate source es of income today well knowing that will take 3-5 years.

The Iraqi's are sitting on their thumbs, looking for foreign investors to give them the solution. 

Question - where is the energy coming from to "fuel" electric cars? No coal, no gas, no oil- then what? Please don't tell me wind and solar are going to make it. Just ask TX after the last big storm. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Sage449 said:

Question - where is the energy coming from to "fuel" electric cars? No coal, no gas, no oil- then what? Please don't tell me wind and solar are going to make it. Just ask TX after the last big storm. 

It will come from natural gas now but wind and solar, with storage soon!. Texas big problem is that they do not connected to the US grid AND the systems within the state are not coordinated. It was a domino effect.

my state (Fla) shut down it's last oil generating plant 2 years ago ! We have six nuclear and one in moth balls till it is needed. We are 12% solar and 1% wind now  . hope to be 20% solar in a few years . We are connected to both the Eastern and Mid-western grids and export some power in the winter months.

.Note that Biden's Infrastructure plan has budgets for Grid improvements AND car charging stations. We (the US) have plenty of space for wind and solar but they must be interconnected efficiently.  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

It will come from natural gas now but wind and solar, with storage soon!. Texas big problem is that they do not connected to the US grid AND the systems within the state are not coordinated. It was a domino effect.

my state (Fla) shut down it's last oil generating plant 2 years ago ! We have six nuclear and one in moth balls till it is needed. We are 12% solar and 1% wind now  . hope to be 20% solar in a few years . We are connected to both the Eastern and Mid-western grids and export some power in the winter months.

.Note that Biden's Infrastructure plan has budgets for Grid improvements AND car charging stations. We (the US) have plenty of space for wind and solar but they must be interconnected efficiently.  

For years we were told ( and did ) to tread lightly when riding in the deserts of CA.  Low and behold they have razed hundreds of square miles of desert for solar farms. The hypocrisy is mind boggling. What? no endangered tortoises in these areas.? Typical crud from the leftists. What a joke.

And whos gonna pay for this infrastructure bill

BTW you show your true colors when you say "THE ARABS  know this"  I guess you think all Middle Easterners are Arabs.

• Upvote 1

Rock, no offense but I don't believe that for a second. I had a long involved answer that I erased because I don't feel like getting in a spitting contest after I read it. I'd like to leave at I don't agree. Thanks 

I would have liked to read that reply, Sage. There will always be the need for oil products the question is how much for how long? The answer to that question depends on who you want to believe. The world IS getting serious about reduceing carbon and global warming . 

The Saudi's are planning to sell off another 10% of their oil business for money to develop future income. Planning ahead.