Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Age of OIL is ending !!!

rockfl9

oil volume will PEAK in 2025 and begin a gradual decline. The price will be very unstable. Most of OPEC know this and reducing dependence on oil income. 

Reason ?:  ! in 5 cars or Lt. trucks will be hybrid or full electric. By 2030 it will be 1 in 4 and you may pay more for a gas engine car. The life of an oil well is 7-8 years and Saudis are putting a hold on expansion and are looking at wind and solar projects.  The UAE is planning shift to CNG and Hydrogen(?). 

Al-Kazimi has seen the smoke signals BUT the rest of the GOI cannot or does not want to admit what is coming.  

• Pow! 3

We cant even keep the lights on in CA now  HAHAHA

Had a customer who wanted to install 4 chargers for their yard goats. Each 300 amps at 480 V.  They would need to upgrade their electrical service from 2000 amp to 4000 amps.  SCE said their existing underground circuits in the neighborhood could not handle this new load so it would be pretty spendy on their end .   Just the work on their property I would be doing. would cost well over $100,000

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

We cant even keep the lights on in CA now  HAHAHA

Had a customer who wanted to install 4 chargers for their yard goats. Each 300 amps at 480 V.  They would need to upgrade their electrical service from 2000 amp to 4000 amps.  SCE said their existing underground circuits in the neighborhood could not handle this new load so it would be pretty spendy on their end .   Just the work on their property I would be doing. would cost well over $100,000

SD, Living in Tesla Land I wonder if you ever did any private charging stations?  

Reading about what the Arabs were doing to counter the change to electric cars , I wondered 

how SOON that would be !  Looks like it is happening.  I do expect to get one more car and now looks to be electric.  200+ mile range and optional 30 minute fast charge on the road takes the worry about running out of battery power away.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

SD, Living in Tesla Land I wonder if you ever did any private charging stations?  

Reading about what the Arabs were doing to counter the change to electric cars , I wondered 

how SOON that would be !  Looks like it is happening.  I do expect to get one more car and now looks to be electric.  200+ mile range and optional 30 minute fast charge on the road takes the worry about running out of battery power away.

I stay away from residential work unless its a referral.  To much cheap labor out there with little to no overhead. And as you know homeowners are cheap.  But I do plenty of forklift chargers. Most requiring additional panelboards.

Amazon doesn't care how much it costs as long as its done on time. 

Planning a trip across the country will be difficult with an electric vehicle. I have no idea how ill be able to pull my toyhauler LOL.    Expect government to track you 100% of the time in your car. They will have to start taxing you per mile and the only way to do it is by a tracking device.  Government is evil and corrupt.  Cant believe how many people want to be ruled ( not governed )  I see corruption at my local city level and it only gets bigger and bigger up the food chain.

• Upvote 1

On 4/7/2021 at 11:58 AM, SocalDinar said:

I stay away from residential work unless its a referral.  To much cheap labor out there with little to no overhead. And as you know homeowners are cheap.  But I do plenty of forklift chargers. Most requiring additional panelboards.

Amazon doesn't care how much it costs as long as its done on time. 

Planning a trip across the country will be difficult with an electric vehicle. I have no idea how ill be able to pull my toyhauler LOL.    Expect government to track you 100% of the time in your car. They will have to start taxing you per mile and the only way to do it is by a tracking device.  Government is evil and corrupt.  Cant believe how many people want to be ruled ( not governed )  I see corruption at my local city level and it only gets bigger and bigger up the food chain.

SD. Not residential but office and apartment buildings. Charging stations for convenience of tenants .  Parking at courthouse garages is free for EVs here so  law groups use Tesla or Bolt as company cars.  They equip several parking spots for them. I can see in the future reserving a charging spot with your hotel/motel overnight. Right now extended range models will go 250 miles and with a quick 1 hour  charge during lunch another 150. But EV battery technology is new and there is some promise of increasing at least another 25%.

It may be a while to see an electric "toy hauler" but if they can do an electric semi , can do!

Unless you are a felon or under arrest I dont think our laws will ever allow personal tracking.

There are many APPS that will report where you are ( good for parents) but not how you got there . Certainly in time the road tax is not going to be fair.  I hope they see that just increasing it to make up for the shortfall is not a solution.  But for a while it may serve as a prod to got ICE cars off the road.

• Like 1

Apartment buildings are residentiall HAHA. And most commercial building electrical systems are not designed for this new load. Everyone thinks that its just a few battery chargers.  A standard Tesla requires a 50 amp 120/240 v circuit. Do the math.  Might be able to squeeze a few but not dozens let alone all vehicles.  Apartments and single family dwellings have the same issues. How about trains?  Freight trains are electric now.. Just have to have Huge diesel generators to power them.  

As far as personal tracking its already starting   How else you gonna tax cars for their mileage?

You are showing your colors Rock. Forcing people to get rid of their property by taxing them is just wrong.  Let a free market decide.   I personally will never drive a Prius.  I laugh at my friends who buy electric bikes to ride on the beach.  Hundreds of them out there now but this does not reduce emissions . These people are cruising the strand just for fun and exercise.  HAHA ya right exercise.....  And they ont pay a tax!!!!  Yet we give them full lanes of our roads.  

Just lame. 

They will track your vehicle . I am not that naïve.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/interactive/2021/electric-mileage-tax/

Yeah, I can here it now. Some dumb ass will say “well, it’s only a few pennies and I don’t buy gas, so what’s the harm”. It’s the whole - I don’t mind paying my fair share crowd. They don’t understand that they send all their tax money to the private federal reserve bank then the gov has to ask for a loan. THAT TAX MONEY SHOULD GO STRAIGHT TO THE GOV. Pay interest on our money is ridiculous. 

19 hours ago, TinBadge said:

Yeah, I can here it now. Some dumb ass will say “well, it’s only a few pennies and I don’t buy gas, so what’s the harm”. It’s the whole - I don’t mind paying my fair share crowd. They don’t understand that they send all their tax money to the private federal reserve bank then the gov has to ask for a loan. THAT TAX MONEY SHOULD GO STRAIGHT TO THE GOV. Pay interest on our money is ridiculous. 

Borrowing money to pay off debt is just insane.  US Gov should just declare bankruptcy.  After all we are .

2 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

Borrowing money to pay off debt is just insane.  US Gov should just declare bankruptcy.  After all we are .

The part that is insane is that they are borrowing the money that we send in as our taxes. Why isn’t the gov receiving our tax dollars?  It all goes to  the private Fed bank to be lent to the gov!  

Well I dont pay taxes. They take taxes.  LOL.  But my tax money goes the UST.  Not the FED.  

The Fed is in charge of monetary policy. Interest rates and Money supply etc... They do lend governments money.

Other governments and the Fed buy our debt in the form of treasury bills. Which we promise to pay back plus interest The current interest on our national debt is close to $400 billion. We will never pay this down. Its a giant Ponzi scheme.

The national debt is over 28 Trillion dollars which is over $ 224,000.00 per citizen.

Check out the link and see the US national debt in real time

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:03 AM, rockfl9 said:

SD. Not residential but office and apartment buildings. Charging stations for convenience of tenants .  Parking at courthouse garages is free for EVs here so  law groups use Tesla or Bolt as company cars.  They equip several parking spots for them. I can see in the future reserving a charging spot with your hotel/motel overnight. Right now extended range models will go 250 miles and with a quick 1 hour  charge during lunch another 150. But EV battery technology is new and there is some promise of increasing at least another 25%.

It may be a while to see an electric "toy hauler" but if they can do an electric semi , can do!

Unless you are a felon or under arrest I dont think our laws will ever allow personal tracking.

There are many APPS that will report where you are ( good for parents) but not how you got there . Certainly in time the road tax is not going to be fair.  I hope they see that just increasing it to make up for the shortfall is not a solution.  But for a while it may serve as a prod to got ICE cars off the road.

Another question will be   " What do we do now that we have run out of lithium?"   Like all heavy metals and oil there is a finite amount .  ( lithium mining stocks could be a good investment )

I just find it funny how those that live in the larger cities want to dictate how those in rural areas live.  They lobby to take away our public lands but actually never leave the city to enjoy them. Many of the areas in our deserts and mountains i used to frequent are locked down and now unusable to the public unless you are willing to walk 50 miles. Obama and that beatch Feinstein  stole millions of acres from the public.  They close these lands but still take our OHV fees.  Its criminal.

And now what... They want to take away our favorite past times.  RVs will become a thing of the past.  Electric vehicles for towing our rigs will never be practical. The places i go are well over 50 miles from any city. and then we unhook and go do things. So how do we charge our dirt bikes and side by sides.  How you gonna charge your Jeep when you are on the trail.? 

How you gonna go on a week long tuna fishing trip ? Those Tuna boats are not gonna be solar powered. 

Its all a knee jerk reaction which will never stop climate change

Best chance we had of that was the pandemic but it was too weak to even make a dent in the population.

So the average temp has risen 1.33 degrees F over the last 100 years.  I know the glaciers are melting... Its obvious from past and present photos. But I just  dont see how less than 1 1/2 degree rise  being able to cause this. 

Antarctica's average summertime temp is -31 degrees F.  So what its now -29 1/2 F  WTH . Does ice melt at that temp?

I believe in science but science is not a given  and i don't blindly give scientists a free pass. Their educations mean little to me.  Its just like trying to get us to believe that the universe came from one single point ( a singularity )   Humans over rate our species. We just are not that special.

And now Bill Gates wants to block the sun HAHAHAHAHA

SD.  Hard to believe that anyone would buy EV without a way to charge at home.  Tesla website says the onboard charger operates at 15 to 60 amps at 220v. They apparently have a way to limit the current to match the breaker size,  Getting 220V to garage or outdoor outlet for most homes should not be a problem . Although at 15A  an overnight charge is only good for 50 miles.  Tesla provides a registry for electricians willing to do installations.

Installing arrays of charging outlets is a piece of business you might want to consider.

You are going to have to explain how the government is going to track my mileage ?  Operating a car on public roads is technically a privilege, a system for reporting mileage and paying for it would be a logistic nightmare .

• Upvote 1

My daughter just bought a new home and the builder already put in 220v circuits in all the garages for the anticipation of people buying EV's. EV's are bigger and the up and coming thing, like it or not.

And if you already have tesla and buy the home supercharger, the builder will instal it with the price of the home.

• Like 1

Calculated load is different than connected load.  A homeowner with a 100 amp service might be able to squeak by if they have no AC unit or electric range . As you know Rock thermal magnetic circuit breakers are only rated at 80%  Load calculations are needed to determine proper service size needed,

But that’s not the point I’m making .

The utility companies primary circuits and transformers will not be able to handle these additional loads . And when do people charge their car?

At night right??  Photovoltaics dont work that great at night . 

So if people want to make this happen 

you better start building nuclear power plants . And plan on bending over and you won’t even get a kiss first . 

and yes the plan is to track each vehicle . They Most likely will be built into every car-eventually. Tests already being done now in a few states  . They need you to pay per mile but only on public roads . Only way to do that is to track the vehicle .  How else will you replace the gas tax ??  

SD,  Home charging stations ARE happening. I dont know if it requires a permit and inspection but any savvy electrician with a well equipped truck should not need a half day to do the work. 

I live in a 50 year old house with the original 150 A service. If I total the ratings of all the breakers it would need 180 A but that is OK as logically impossible to use that much at one time. The main breaker protects against that.

You  do have a point about the limited capacity of some systems.  Mainly local service, but since the last 3 hurricanes the primary feeds here have been beefed up. There is some thought about nuclear coming back.

Certainly ICEs are not going to go away. But the economy of scale will come into play at one point and the car makers will have to go completely electric on some models buyers wont have a choice . 

OH  and the service stations will have to charge more or go out of business.

HOW will the gov't track and report every vehicle????  A logistical nightmare.  That could be an invasion of privacy .

Tinbadge I dont think there is any BILL to cap oil wells.  They are private property the owners may cap them  if no longer profitable . What Biden did was to suspend oil leases on public lands. That is different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

SD,  Home charging stations ARE happening. I dont know if it requires a permit and inspection but any savvy electrician with a well equipped truck should not need a half day to do the work. 

I live in a 50 year old house with the original 150 A service. If I total the ratings of all the breakers it would need 180 A but that is OK as logically impossible to use that much at one time. The main breaker protects against that.

You  do have a point about the limited capacity of some systems.  Mainly local service, but since the last 3 hurricanes the primary feeds here have been beefed up. There is some thought about nuclear coming back.

Certainly ICEs are not going to go away. But the economy of scale will come into play at one point and the car makers will have to go completely electric on some models buyers wont have a choice . 

HOW will the gov't track and report every vehicle????  A logistical nightmare.  That could be an invasion of privacy .

Tinbadge I dont think there is any BILL to cap oil wells.  They are private property the owners may cap them  if no longer profitable . What Biden did was to suspend oil leases on public lands. That is different.

No expectation of privacy in public 

My city has installed license plate readers so they know when you enter and leave city . Keep thinking big brother won’t track your miles but that’s coming . Again how will they replace a gas tax to upkeep our roads ?  
sad part is people think this will stop climate change . Nothing short of a major die off of the human races is gonna stop it . It’s to late 

And remember If humans caused this climate change its 100% natural event 

We are a part of nature 

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

But I did change out my HID lamps in my grow room to all LED . Bumper crop of killer California Kush

3 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Remember that circuit breakers have a life expectancy of 15-20 years. So if your house is over 50 years old its time to upgrade.  HAHA.    You do want it to trip when needed. Either that or up your fire insurance. Hopefully you dont have a FPE panel. Those were recalled in the 70s

On 4/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, SocalDinar said:

Remember that circuit breakers have a life expectancy of 15-20 years. So if your house is over 50 years old its time to upgrade.  HAHA.    You do want it to trip when needed. Either that or up your fire insurance. Hopefully you dont have a FPE panel. Those were recalled in the 70s

I, and most others  dont expect CBs to have a limited life !  It is a mechanical thing and could fail at any time. Even if 100 % tested at the factory .  We know it is defective if it fails to close .  But failure to trip cant be assured at any age.  We must have faith that UL approval would make that a rare possibility. But you do bring up a point,, should I periodically trip and reset as a test??  Of course even if I did that it could still fail the next time !

Several cities here do have license plate readers but generally the records are looked at after a crime.

P.S. I checked my bill and I pay 8.8 cents per KWH, and that includes the current fuel adjustment. We mainly use gas.