Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The International Monetary Fund warns of (people taking to the streets) due to the economic crisis: a message to rich countries

yota691

27035.jpg

Arab and international

Economy News _ Baghdad

The World Bank warned, on Saturday, that the public debt of the countries of the Middle East and North Africa will inflate and represent 54% of their GDP this year, compared to 46% in 2019, due to the repercussions of the Corona virus.

In a report, the World Bank pointed out that the reason for the "significant increase in debt" that the countries of the Middle East and North Africa have witnessed is "borrowing heavily to finance basic health care costs and social protection measures," noting that "the size of the debt of oil importing countries in the region It will constitute a percentage that could reach 93% of its GDP in 2021. ”

The World Bank confirmed its recommendations for spending to address the health crisis (the Corona pandemic), considering that "continuing spending and continuing to borrow, will remain an urgent necessity at the present time."

"Countries in the MENA region will have no choice but to continue spending on health care and social protection as long as the pandemic continues," he said.

On the other hand, the World Bank warned that “in the post-Corona pandemic world, it is expected that most countries in the MENA region will end up with debt service bills that will require resources that could have been used for economic development.”

This international financial institution considered that “it is necessary to consider how to reduce the costs of excessive indebtedness in the medium term,” calling on countries to “be transparent in their spending and borrowing in relation to the Coronavirus.”

It should be noted that this region, which includes about 20 countries, witnessed a contraction in its economy by 3.8% last year. There should be a fair distribution of Coronavirus vaccines.

Number of observations 53   Date added 04/03/2021
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

12000.jpg
Farid Belhadj - Vice President of the World Bank for the Middle East and North Africa. "Economy News"

Arab and international

Economy News - Baghdad

The World Bank has projected that public debt levels in the Middle East and North Africa will rise to 54% of GDP by the end of 2021 from 46% in 2019, the fastest rate of accumulation during the current century.

In a report issued yesterday, Friday, the bank explained in the first economic update for 2021 that the countries of the region were severely affected by the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020. He added that the closure measures to confront the spread of the virus left many economies in the region facing difficulties, like the rest of the world. He stated that despite global efforts to introduce vaccines, the economic situation is still facing fluctuations.

Limited recovery in 2021
The report said that the region is expected to witness an increase in GDP levels during 2021, after the record economic contraction in many countries during 2020.

"It is unlikely that this recovery will be strong enough to bring the region's economy back to pre-pandemic levels," wrote Farid Belhadj, World Bank Group Vice President for the Middle East and North Africa region in the report.

He added that "the large sums borrowed by the governments of the Middle East and North Africa to raise the financing of health measures and basic social protection, have led to a significant increase in the government debt."

The dual crisis of the Coronavirus, along with the sharp drop in oil prices, has created a bigger problem for oil-exporting countries in the region.

The Saudi budget deficit has widened the most in more than three decades. The same applies to neighboring countries, which have had to cut spending and pump money through stimulus programs.

The epidemic has severely affected sectors other than energy in the region. The bank predicts that overall exports will decline sharply in 2020, and only partially recover in 2021.

The World Bank estimates that economic growth for the region will be 2.2% in 2021, only to partially recover from a contraction of 3.8% in 2020. It called on countries in the region to give priority to financial spending to mitigate the effects of the virus.

Number of observations 272   Date added 04/03/2021
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Well, Well, since they're part of the Luciferian group that used  the  Covid19 to shut down the entire world economy they shouldn't be surprised. 

And they're not. This is all designed to implement the Great Reset and totally enslave the world. 

Hopefully the great reset designed by the deepstate fails and the QFS prevails.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

IMF Executive Directors Discuss a New SDR Allocation of US$650 billion to Boost Reserves, Help Global Recovery from COVID-19

March 23, 2021

Washington, DC: Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), issued the following statement at the conclusion of an informal discussion of the IMF’s Executive Directors on the technical case for a Special Drawing Rights (SDR) general allocation:

“I am very encouraged by initial discussions on a possible SDR allocation of US$650 billion. By addressing the long-term global need for reserve assets, a new SDR allocation would benefit all our member countries and support the global recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. It would also be a powerful signal of the IMF membership’s determination to do everything possible to overcome the worst recession since the Great Depression.

“To this end, Executive Directors conveyed broad support among Fund members for IMF staff to formulate a proposal for a new SDR allocation equivalent to US$650 billion to provide additional liquidity to the global economic system by supplementing the reserve assets of the Fund’s 190 member countries.

“I intend to present by June a formal proposal to the Executive Board to consider a new allocation of US$650 billion, based on an assessment of IMF member countries’ long-term global reserve needs, and consistent with the Articles of Agreement and the IMF’s mandate. IMF staff will develop new measures to enhance transparency and accountability in the use of SDRs while preserving the reserve asset characteristic of the SDR. In parallel, staff would also explore options for members with strong financial positions to reallocate SDRs to support vulnerable and low-income countries.

“If approved, a new allocation of SDRs would add a substantial, direct liquidity boost to countries, without adding to debt burdens. It would also free up badly needed resources for member countries to help fight the pandemic, including to support vaccination programs and other urgent measures. And it would complement the range of tools deployed by the IMF to support our membership in this time of crisis.”

Background

Under the IMF’s Articles of Agreement, the Managing Director may make a proposal of an SDR allocation if the Managing Director is satisfied that the allocation would help meet a long-term global need to supplement existing reserve assets in a manner that will avoid stagnation and deflation as well as excess demand and inflation, and there is broad support among IMF members for the allocation. Once the Managing Director’s proposal is concurred in by the Executive Board, it would be submitted to the Board of Governors whose decision approving an SDR allocation would require support by members representing 85 percent majority of the total voting power. SDR allocations are distributed across the IMF membership in proportion to IMF quota shares.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Press Briefing: World Economic Outlook, April 2021
137 watching now•Started streaming 15 minutes ago

IMF

One year into the COVID-19 pandemic, what is the outlook for the global economy? 

Join Chief Economist Gita Gopinath, Petya Koeva Brooks, and Malhar Nabar for the release of the April 2021 World Economic Outlook. #WEO

🗓April 6
🕣 8:30 AM ET
📺 IMF.org/WEO-apr21

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9

The information / Baghdad ..

Today, the International Monetary Fund authorized an increase in its resources by $ 650 billion so that the International Lending Corporation can provide more support to vulnerable countries to combat the Corona pandemic.

The Director-General of the International Monetary Fund, Kristalina Georgieva, said that the increase in reserves by 650 billion dollars is the largest in the history of the International Monetary Fund.

She added that this step would provide much-needed reserves for poor countries suffering a deep recession due to the epidemic and the need to obtain and manage millions of doses of vaccines.

In the context, US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen told the IMF committee concerned that the increase in private borrowing rights would provide "a much-needed boost to global reserves."

She added that it would be important for rich countries, which do not need more resources, to provide this additional support to poor countries.

• Upvote 3

The World Bank and the Monetary Fund: Debt Relief for Poor Countries

Washington: AFP

The idea of easing the debts of poor countries in exchange for "green" investments made its way this week within the framework of the Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank with the aim of presenting concrete proposals by the climate summit next autumn.
Low-income countries face a double crisis. In addition to the pressures exerted on it to pay off its debt, it must also face environmental problems, which puts it in a "situation of great vulnerability," according to Kristalina Georgieva, Director-General of the International Monetary Fund.
She added, "It is useful" to search for solutions that link the two problems, speaking of "green debt exchange." The World Bank spokeswoman stressed that "the (Covid-19) crisis has made it more difficult for developing countries to face the increasing risks posed by climate change" and environmental disasters. These countries, deprived of any budget margins, have used emergency aid to cope with the health and economic crises. "By increasing the debt burden of governments, which was at basically record levels before the crisis, countries find themselves with fewer resources to invest in economic recovery that will put the world on more sustainable foundations," she added. "We will work with the international item, and by the end of the 26th Conference of the Parties, we will advance on this option," Kristalina Georgieva said. Of course, it is up to the creditor and debtor parties to decide to approve it.
  • Upvote 1

FILE - In this April 15, 2020 file photo, a billboard urges people to stay home during the coronavirus pandemic in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Middle East economies are recovering from the coronavirus pandemic faster than anticipated, largely due to the acceleration of mass inoculation campaigns and an increase in oil prices. But the International Monetary Fund warned Sunday, April 11, 2021, that an uneven vaccine distribution would derail the region's rebound, as the prospects of rich and poor countries diverge. (AP Photo/Jon Gambrell, File)
FILE - In this April 15, 2020 file photo, a billboard urges people to stay home during the coronavirus pandemic in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Middle East economies are recovering from the coronavirus pandemic faster than anticipated, largely due to ... more >

Print
By ISABEL DEBRE - Associated Press - Sunday, April 11, 2021

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Middle East economies are recovering from the coronavirus pandemic faster than anticipated, largely due to the acceleration of mass inoculation campaigns and an increase in oil prices. But the International Monetary Fund warned Sunday that an uneven vaccine distribution would derail the region’s rebound, as the prospects of rich and poor countries diverge.

In its latest report, the IMF again revised upward its 2020 economic outlook for the Mideast and North Africa, now outlining just a 3.4% contraction last year, with growth for the region’s oil exporters buoyed by a boom for commodities and rise in oil price, which hit $67 a barrel in March. Even with an expected dip to $57 a barrel by the end of 2021, the surge from last year’s all-time lows is boosting the oil-rich nations of the Persian Gulf, such as the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, which also have moved swiftly toward widespread vaccination.

But elsewhere in the region, from Yemen and Sudan to Libya and Lebanon, where inflation soars, instability prevails and wars have left lasting scars, the damaging effects of the pandemic will drag on and cause economic harm, the IMF said - possibly for years to come.

“We are a year into the crisis and recovery is back, but it is a divergent recovery,” Jihad Azour, director of the Middle East and Central Asia department at the IMF, told The Associated Press. “We are at turning point. … Vaccination policy is economic policy.”

The IMF expects economic growth to reach 4% for the Middle East this year. But that rosy outlook papers over the region’s deep economic divides.

For oil-rich economies, yawning deficits are expected to halve this year as revenues climb, more arms get jabbed and lockdown measures recede, said Azour. Thanks to strong government management of the virus’ successive waves and the jolt in oil prices, Saudi Arabia’s economy will expand 2.9% - compared to last year’s contraction of 4.1%. Higher oil prices come as the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its allies keep a lid on production and it seems unlikely that the U.S. will quickly lift sanctions on Iran’s critical oil sector.

The IMF expects the UAE’s economy to grow this year by 3.2%, with Dubai’s World Expo, now rescheduled for October 2021, key to the nation’s recovery. Dubai hopes the massive event will draw 25 million visitors and a series of deals, heralding a bright post-pandemic future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2021 at 9:22 PM, yota691 said:

3 Steps to Post-Pandemic Prosperity | IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva

My Sweet Jesus, if this vaccine actually is what some are suggesting then in about 6 months the world will see more death than the Bubonic Plague. And the Luciferians that run this world will only use that to enslave the rest of the world even more. 

I cannot bring to words the sorrow that I have everyday seeing how easily people are led strait to hell. 

If you really want three steps to help you survive what is coming then buy Silver and Gold and get some cryptos. After having done that stock up on food and supplies that you use daily. Then HIDE. Don't let anyone know what you have. Because few will have done what you have.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

My Sweet Jesus, if this vaccine actually is what some are suggesting then in about 6 months the world will see more death than the Bubonic Plague. And the Luciferians that run this world will only use that to enslave the rest of the world even more. 

I cannot bring to words the sorrow that I have everyday seeing how easily people are led strait to hell. 

The Bubonic Plague killed about a third of the population in Europe, centuries ago. If the vaccine IS actually poison, if the vaccine really DOES kill proportionally as many as the Bubonic Plague, then a third of the human race has been given a Death Sentence. What would be the reaction of most people to a Death Sentence? Quiet submission. But not all people. A small minority of people, if they are given a Death Sentence, if they know who killed them, those people would go on a rampage, killing the elite. The elite are vastly out numbered. They are terrified of us common folk. For good reason: It takes only a small percentage of the population acting, to get rid of them.

There are more than one way to go, straight to hell. One of the ways is to poison the population, then watch as those with guts, start killing the elites. People with a Death Sentence have nothing to lose. That changes their psychology. Some would say, "OK, I've been poisoned. I'm gonna die. But I'm gonna take some people, with me." With that in mind, we can both hope and pray the vaccine doesn't bring in a Bubonic Plague. If it does, then the Luciferians signed their own death warrant, is my guess. They would not survive, such a mistake.

Bill Gates would not survive. We all know what he looks like. Many people in America own guns. I'm not threatening Bill. I'm not threatening anyone. I'm just making observations and predictions of social behavior, based on how I think the world works, how people think, far as I know.  I hope Bill isn't that crazy, to try to poison the world. I don't think he's that crazy. But if he is: If Bill wants to actually try that, I say to Bill: "Go ahead. Let's see how that works out for you and your family". Again, not a threat, but a prediction.

Whatever you want to say about Bill Gates, he's a very smart man. He knows that if he poisons the world, people he loves will die. He has one of the biggest houses in the world. Lots of people know where he lives. There is no hiding for Bill. None. :twocents:

8 minutes ago, Rochester said:

There are more than one way to go, straight to hell. One of the ways is to poison the population,

The Luciferians have been poisoning the population for over a century and not only are people doing nothing about it, few even realize it.  

Did you know that it's illegal for a farmer to grow organic corn because of the danger of cross pollination? And what do you think are the long term results of massive Steroidal dose's? When we ship beef to Japan it's tested for steroids because in Japan it's illegal to sell beef filled with steroids. Did you know that in America, where steroids are prevalent in all manner  of meats, the average female will reach puberty by the age of 10? But in Japan the average female won't hit puberty until 21. Or that young females in America begin forming breast by 12, but not in Japan.

Did you know that most of the food produced in America has almost no nutritional value in it. And that GMOs are used to genetically POISON the population? But what you may find the most amazing fact is who is the largest farmland owner in America. 

Yep the one and only BILL GATES. He also is one of the largest Farmland owners in Africa where he got the governments of Africa to ban organic crops in leu of GMOs. 

This MONSTER has been murdering millions of people slowly for decades and not one person has done anything about it. And that is to say NOTHING about what the internet has done to society ever since his creation of Windows. Do you actually think that life today is better than life in the 50s, before the onslaught of computers? 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And the Luciferians that run this world will only use that to enslave the rest of the world even more. 

I am a slave to no man

a slave to one woman lol

point is I am a slave to no one

one god I trust and follow 

i will stand my ground and fight 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

35 minutes ago, davis411 said:

No

i am not worthy of even being in his presence 

I have my sins like us all

and standing my ground is one of them 

Davis I really like you and I absolutely love your sense of humor. So Please take this as someone that never would want to hurt your feelings. This video changed my life by letting me know and understand that I don't have to, "have my sins".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

The Luciferians have been poisoning the population for over a century and not only are people doing nothing about it, few even realize it.  

Did you know that it's illegal for a farmer to grow organic corn because of the danger of cross pollination? And what do you think are the long term results of massive Steroidal dose's? When we ship beef to Japan it's tested for steroids because in Japan it's illegal to sell beef filled with steroids. Did you know that in America, where steroids are prevalent in all manner  of meats, the average female will reach puberty by the age of 10? But in Japan the average female won't hit puberty until 21. Or that young females in America begin forming breast by 12, but not in Japan.

Did you know that most of the food produced in America has almost no nutritional value in it. And that GMOs are used to genetically POISON the population? But what you may find the most amazing fact is who is the largest farmland owner in America. 

Yep the one and only BILL GATES. He also is one of the largest Farmland owners in Africa where he got the governments of Africa to ban organic crops in leu of GMOs. 

This MONSTER has been murdering millions of people slowly for decades and not one person has done anything about it. And that is to say NOTHING about what the internet has done to society ever since his creation of Windows. Do you actually think that life today is better than life in the 50s, before the onslaught of computers? 

Great comment. Your food comments reminds me of a documentary on food, The Magic Pill. Yeah, we are being poisoned. I am doing something about it. I eat better now, inform myself. I talk to people about how we are being poisoned by our food, which is mostly garbage. I also talk to people about all the bad effects of technology, how it often makes life worse for people. Thanks for comment.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rochester said:

Great comment. Your food comments reminds me of a documentary on food, The Magic Pill. Yeah, we are being poisoned. I am doing something about it. I eat better now, inform myself. I talk to people about how we are being poisoned by our food, which is mostly garbage. I also talk to people about all the bad effects of technology, how it often makes life worse for people. Thanks for comment.

Truthfully I wish you were right about people rising up and removing the Luciferians.

But for me to believe that I would have to ignore my lack of faith in humanity. For example, I mentioned you in another thread where they are evacuating people from a Caribbean Island where a volcano is erupting. Problem is only those that have gotten vaccinated can leave. In my mind Humanity has lost its humanity. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1