Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mr. Sadr tweets on the budget and warns

6ly410

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

And Note The Picnic Tablecloth ‘Do Wrap’ - Along With The “Member’s Only” Scout Leader’s Look Jacket, Smartly Fastened At The Waist With A Silk Sash Sumo Wrestling Belt ! :o

I’ve always wondered, does he wear the same outfit every day or does he have a closet full of identical suits? Either way, weird, right?? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dinarham said:

And all these people will say , "I always believed it would happen!"

I am not one of those guys who can say "I always believed it would happen"  I am still not a strong believer,,,,,,, but when or if it does happen, I will be the first one to say I was wrong. 

• Like 5

GregHi

• Senior Member
  • GregHi

1 hour ago, Rochester said:

I gotta feeling I am about to get a whole lot more handsomer.
I damn near expect some people I know

to mistake me occasionally for  George Clooney....lol 🤣:eyebrows: 😁

Oh Crap - So Now There’s Two Of Ya’s ? :o 

image.gif.0186a342b732929418ead3e36239cd46.gif

I’m Gonna Need More Makeup - A LOT MORE Frickin’ Makeup ...

And Maybe One Of Barzani’s Snappy Outfits ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 14

Am I missing something ? The last dozen posts or so are eluding that the rate has Increased. I have read every article and all I saw was they expect the dinar to be 150,000 dinars per $100 US. That's going the wrong way ??

Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing please.

pp

• Pow! 2

11 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Am I missing something ? The last dozen posts or so are eluding that the rate has Increased. I have read every article and all I saw was they expect the dinar to be 150,000 dinars per $100 US. That's going the wrong way ??

Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing please.

pp

You're not missing anything. Just members feeling good about where we are with the investment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, DinarThug said:

24 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

Wtf - Did U Just Do A Complete Repeat ReTweet Of My Tweet ? :blink:

Or Was That An April Fools Joke ? :o 

Trick Or Tweet - Smell My Feet...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Disclosure of the date of modifying the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar

Posted 3 hours ago
News source / NRTV
1420211966380e0cd8-9853-48a2-bfbc-68f8c9
NRTV
News source / NR TV

A member of the House of Representatives from the Saeron Alliance, Salman Hassan, confirmed, on Thursday, the possibility of adjusting the current exchange rate of the US dollar against the Iraqi dinar in 2022.

Hassan said in a press statement followed by NRT Arabia, today (April 1, 2021), that "adjusting the exchange rate of the dollar is one of the exclusive powers of the Central Bank of Iraq, as it is responsible for drawing the financial policy in coordination with the Ministry of Finance."

He added, "The talk about an agreement  with the government to amend the exchange rate in the supplementary budget is not correct." 

He explained, "The government has not pledged anything about reducing or raising the exchange rate of the dollar, and the matter depends on economic conditions and the estimates of the Central Bank."

He continued, "The dollar exchange rate will continue until the end of this year," indicating that "the possibility of modifying it in the year 2022, will remain subject to economic developments and the policy of the Central Bank of Iraq

• Thanks 2

Al-Janabi: Al-Kazemi's actions restore Iraq's prestige to its important regional position

Posted 2 hours ago
News source / Alsumaria channel
Doc-P-377988-637528996538551874-810x455.
Alsumaria channel
The source of the news / Alsumaria channel

MP Ziad Al-Janabi considered, on Thursday, that what he described as the “movements” of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi restore the prestige of Iraq to its important regional position.

Al-Janabi said in a statement that Alsumaria News received a copy of, that “Al-Kazemi's actions restore Iraq's prestige to its important regional position, as his recent visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the important agreements that were signed with the Kingdom and the important regional interaction that the Iraqi Prime Minister is currently leading through the agreements that have been made. "Between Iraq, Egypt and Jordan, and the agreement with the Kingdom proves beyond any doubt that Iraq is the main pillar of the Arab countries and the spawn of the political equation that governs dealings between the countries of the region as a whole."

He added, "The time has come for Iraq to take its pioneering role in arranging international relations," praising "the political activity led by Al-Kazemi in order to serve the great Iraq and its ancient people

• Upvote 1

Deputy: High oil prices removed the reasons for changing the dollar’s exchange

Posted 1 hour ago
News source / Mawazine News
17142021_Doc-P-362148-637391214595776765

|
08:52 - 04/01/2021
Mawazine News
, the deputy from Basra Governorate, Amer Al-Fayez,
confirmed , Thursday, that the high oil prices and their recovery have removed the government's reasons for changing the exchange rate of the dollar against
the Iraqi dinar.
Al-Fayez said in a television interview,
"The government does not have a justification for the dollar’s exchange rate to remain high against the Iraqi dinar
after the recovery of oil prices over the past few days," noting that "the high
oil prices have removed all the reasons that the government relies on to change the dollar's exchange rate."
He added that "the purchasing power in the
local markets has weakened as a result of the raising of the dollar," noting that "the process of raising the dollar has greatly hurt those
with limited income, and the government has to deal with this matter quickly." Ended 29 / h

• Pow! 4

The 2021 budget .. Thus, the power and opposition parties and the citizens of Kurdistan received the news of the approval of the region’s share

Posted 2 hours ago
News source / Baghdad today
1617303521_152507-810x455.jpg
Baghdad today
News source / Baghdad today

Baghdad today - Baghdad 

After the Iraqi parliament voted, yesterday, Wednesday, on the fiscal budget law for 2021, including the share of the Kurdistan region, activists and political observers interacted with the approval of the Kurdistan’s share after a long debate about it, while positions varied in the region regarding the future of the agreement with Erbil and Baghdad before the budget was approved.

Kurdish negotiator

Months after the delegation of the Kurdistan region moved between Baghdad and Erbil during the stages of negotiations with the political blocs on the region’s share and its obligations to the federal government regarding oil and other points, Parliament voted, yesterday evening, Wednesday (March 31, 2021), on the Federal Budget Law for the fiscal year 2021, with a disability to exceed 28 trillion dinars.

The passage of the budget included the region’s share, followed by blessings from Kurdish parties headed by the President of the Kurdistan government, while political observers and activists on social media saw that the Kurdish delegation was stubborn until the last moment to guarantee the region’s rights in the budget, but other parties see otherwise.

And various circles in the region see the vote on the Kurdistan share, reflecting the strength of the Kurdish negotiator and his sole decision in sensitive situations, despite the internal political disagreement between the Kurdish parties.

The President of the Kurdistan government, Masrour Barzani, issued a statement after the budget law was approved, indicating in a statement that “I can only express my sincere thanks to the negotiating team in the Kurdistan Regional Government for perseverance in their hard work for many months. I also thank the Kurdish blocs in the Federal Parliament. For its strenuous efforts.

temporary solution

On the other hand, other parties see that the agreement is temporary and that it takes into account the interests of the main Kurdish parties and not the interest of the Kurdish people, and that the regional government has consistently violated agreements with Baghdad, which means the possibility of the collapse of the recent agreements, so optimism is still limited.

A member of the New Generation Movement, Aram Muhammad, says that there is no guarantee that the Kurdistan Regional Government will deliver the oil and the proceeds of the border crossings, because this will affect the size of its thefts, according to him.

He added in an interview with (Baghdad Today), "There are fears among the Kurdish street due to previous actions. The regional government at the time did not abide by the budget law and the agreement concluded with Baghdad, and thus salaries were cut."

The movement of the new generation indicated that, "Even if commitment is made and money sent, it is a temporary solution that will end at the end of the current year, and therefore we will return to the same annual cycle of tugging and various statements." This request is being met due to the objection of the political parties in Kurdistan.

Start of the road

Parliament voted on the Kurdistan region’s share of 12.67 from the size of the public budget, about 10 trillion dinars.

A member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Sirwan Hassan, believes that the parliament's vote on the region’s share is the beginning of the road towards ending the differences and problems between Baghdad and Erbil.

In an interview with (Baghdad Today), Sirwan Hassan said, "The Kurdish blocs were united and kept negotiating strongly until the share of the Kurdistan region was included in the budget, despite the presence of voices that wanted to exploit the issue politically."

Hassan added, "The regional government will fully adhere to the provisions of the budget," expressing his hope that "the federal government will also abide by the terms of the agreement, in order to overcome other obstacles and problems, as long as the political will of the two governments is available."

salvation

The general budget revenues amounted to more than 101 trillion Iraqi dinars, while expenditures were estimated at 129 trillion.

The price of a barrel of oil was calculated in the budget at 45 dollars instead of the Iraqi dinar, and the government's proposed price for a dollar was fixed at 1450 dinars per dollar.

The professor of economics at the University of Sulaymaniyah, Khaled Haidar, indicates that “Parliament voting on the budget law and including the region’s share will revive the economic movement in the cities and markets of Kurdistan.”

Haidar added, in his speech to (Baghdad Today), that "the markets have been greatly affected as a result of cutting the region's budget and stopping sending the sums allocated to salaries, which led to the suspension of salaries distribution or the deduction of a large part of them, and this affected the general situation and caused a massive economic recession."

A professor of economics at the University of Sulaymaniyah pointed out that "sending money and distributing salaries in full and on a regular basis, as well as allocating farmers, will lead to the revival of important sectors that have been struggling to stay in the past two years, as a result of the financial crisis."

Citizens in Kurdistan were pleased with the approval of the budget, hoping that the regional government would end the compulsory deduction imposed on employees' salaries, which amounts to 21%, as well as the delay in distribution many times.

Yesterday, Wednesday, the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, congratulated the vote on the fiscal budget law for 2021.

Salih hailed, in his tweet on Twitter, "hard work between the government and parliament," expressing his hope that "he will meet the aspirations of the Iraqi people for better living conditions."

"We now have the right to implement it in a way that guarantees the interests of citizens and rebuild the nation, and take maximum measures to support low-income classes, provide job opportunities for our youth, and combat corruption," he added.

Passing the 2020 budget was stalled due to disagreements and a financial crisis, at a time when Iraq voted on the general budget for 2019, which amounted to 106 trillion dinars, while expenditures were estimated at 133 trillion dinars, with a deficit of 27.5 trillion dinars

• Thanks 2

Prime Minister Masrour Barzani statement regarding the federal budget law

/

Today, with the support of the majority of Kurdistani political factions, the federal parliament passed the budget law. This is a milestone moment for the KRG, from which we can start to recover from an era of unparalleled economic challenges.

I thank the KRG negotiating team for their persistence through many months of hard work. I also thank Kurdish blocs in the federal parliament for their efforts.

This law was an accommodation, and a necessary one for Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. We did not get everything we wanted, but the law is consistent with key principles of the constitution from which we have not wavered. Positions dear to both sides have been recognized and we are encouraged and heartened by the progress made.

I hope to see every article of the budget law implemented and federal payments finally restored to the KRG. Its full implementation would provide both governments with recourse against the disputes over payments since 2004. And it would also foster a new mechanism between the federal and regional auditing bodies. These steps will underpin restored cooperation and trust, essential tenets of all we will go on to achieve.

I have spoken with Prime Minister Mustafa Kadhimi today to thank him for his support and I have urged him to live up to these obligations and restore payments as soon as possible. I have also reminded him that this country, and the Iraqi people, can do better by working by, with and through Kurdistan.

I have also spoken with Deputy Prime Minister Kak Qubad Talabani to commend him and the team for their important work.

Today, the budget law has restored a sliver of hope about the relationship with the federal government. Though it cannot address the long list of disputes, or undo the unfairness of the past, I hope it will help bring more certainty to the lives of our citizens.

• Thanks 2

ERBIL - Kurdistan Region President Nechirvan Barzani has offered congratulations on the passing of the Iraqi budget bill for the year 2021 by the country's parliament.

"President Nechirvan Barzani: On the occasion of the passage of Iraq’s Budget Bill, I congratulate the people of Iraq, the leadership and all blocs in the Parliament," Barzani said in a statement, hours after the Iraqi Council of Representatives passed the federal budget bill.

"The efforts of PM @MAKadhimi in narrowing the differences & reaching an agreement deserve acknowledgment," he added.

A high-level delegation from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), led by Deputy PM Qubad Talabani, paid over 15 visits to Baghdad for negotiations on Erbil's share from the budget bill.

The Kurdish president "sincerely" thanked Talabani, the KRG negotiating team, "who successfully completed the negotiations with utmost patience."

Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani welcomed the Iraqi parliament's passing of the budget bill and argued that the move was a milestone moment for the KRG.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Parliamentary Finance reveals the details of the changes that took place to the budget

27018.jpg

https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=24689

Economy News _ Baghdad

The Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed, on Thursday, the details of the general budget approved by the House of Representatives after marathon discussions.

Committee member Jamal Cougar said in a press interview, "The committee worked to reduce the amount of spending from 164 to 129 trillion and reduce the fiscal deficit in the budget law from 71 trillion to 28 trillion dinars."

He added that "the Finance Committee held more than 45 meetings and conducted 55 meetings that hosted ministers, agents, governors and officials in the state to discuss operational and investment expenditures in the budget law."

And Couger said, "The committee has, in the previous period, amended most of the budget law's articles, and the draft budget voted by the House of Representatives has become different from the one sent by the government."

A member of the Finance Committee confirmed, "Parliament voted for the price of a barrel of oil to be 45 dollars instead of 42 dollars, and to fix the exchange rate of the dollar, either the Iraqi dinar, as it was sent by the government."

And on the delay in voting on the budget, Cougar explained, "Political differences are the ones that delayed voting on the budget law, as well as the electoral auctions of some blocs and their demands for impotent demands."

The House of Representatives voted, yesterday evening, Wednesday, on the General Budget Law for 2021 after a permanent delay of three months inside the Parliament

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The interior confirms the rise in prices in line with the dollar situation is normal

https://alahadnews.net/180390/العراق/محليات/

18a2308669e075d383e7b415f19d9447?s=26&r=Author: ahad7 On 1/4/2021 - 8:46 PM 104

On Thursday, the Ministry of Interior confirmed the arrest of merchants who had monopolized foodstuffs, with the intention of increasing their price value.

"The security detachments arrest from time to time those who have a monopoly on foodstuffs with the intention of raising their price value, which is contrary to the law," said the ministry’s spokesman, Major General Khaled Al-Muhanna.  

"The increase in prices, if it corresponds to the increase in the value of the dollar, is a natural thing," Al-Muhanna said, referring to the follow-up tasks by other institutions within the framework of the support provided by the state to balance and prevent the import of similar materials as well as to support the local product.  

He added, "Supporting products within the framework of the state is matched by pledges not to raise prices in a way that does not cause a burden on the citizen's shoulders."  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So now we are only looking at the HCL and Article 140 left to do? As best I can tell, the Kurds and Baghdad have already hammered out the HCL within the 2021 Budget. As happy as everyone seems with the HCL agreement within the budget, it is pretty much just needing a vote and a stamp of approval making it an official law. Correct? So Article 140 is the only loose end left. Right? It is another item not necessary to raise the rate either, as I understand it. Please feel free to correct me on these two points. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Hey Jcfrag, I think the exchange rate will be increased around the end of this year or early 2022. I believe the investors are waiting on Al Khezemi to be the official PM and I believe he will win the election in October. Also, the New CBI building will be ready in 2022 as well. Inflation is a key indicator and it has to be kept under control. I don't mind waiting a little longer because we are receiving more and more positive news. It wouldn't make sense to put a worthless currency in a brand new 37 storey $772 million bank now would it!! This is just my opinion but the sooner the better!! The writing is on the wall guys...hold tight!! Go Iraq Go RV!!

08 May 2019
Construction of Central Bank of Iraq's (CBI) new head office building is on track and would be completed by 2022, a top central bank official said.

Saleh Mahood Salman, CBI's director general of administration told Thomson Reuters Projects that construction work on the $772 million project started in January 2018 and enabling and deep foundation works have been completed to date.

The project site for the 37-storey building is located on the banks of the Tigris River in Central Baghdad, Thomson Reuters Projects reported last month.

• Upvote 2