Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The closure of the Suez Canal .. A column of ships arrives in India, and losses are estimated at 400 million dollars an hour

yota691

•  
 2021-03-26 11:17

Shafaq News / The Russian newspaper "Gazeta" shed light on the crisis of disrupting navigation through the Suez Canal, which is one of the most important trade arteries in the world, and the impact of the crisis on global trade and oil markets.

According to the newspaper's report, the cost of sea freight has jumped dramatically due to the congestion of cargo ships in front of the Suez Canal after navigation was disrupted due to the stranding of a container ship in the canal.

The disruption of navigation through the canal costs global trade about 400 million dollars an hour, equivalent to about 6.66 million dollars a minute, and with the disruption of navigation, the price of shipping one container from China to Europe rose to 8,000 dollars, which is 4 times the price that was last year.

According to a Bloomberg report, the ship accident in the canal will delay the delivery of oil products worth about $ 10 billion, which may affect oil prices in global markets.

In the event that the ships decide to sail on the alternative route through the Cape of Good Hope, the route will increase by 9.65 thousand kilometers, and this means that the cost of transporting goods will increase by at least 300 thousand dollars.

For its part, the Russian Foreign Ministry expected that opening the navigation route through the canal may take several weeks, so it is possible to imagine the heavy losses that global trade will incur, as the Suez Canal is one of the busiest trade routes in the world, as approximately 12% of Total world trade.

Lloyd's estimates the canal's traffic to the west at about $ 5.1 billion per day, and the traffic to the east at about $ 4.5 billion per day.

In an indication of the sensitivity of the situation, "Gazeta" newspaper reported that "the column of ships in front of the canal has reached India," as an analogy that the number of ships standing in front of the canal has become large.

According to BBC data, which was based on information received from navigation tracking devices, more than 160 ships are stranded in front of the canal, and these ships include 24 oil tankers and ships that ship consumer goods.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Stuck at sea: Cargo ship wedged in Suez Canal causes traffic jam

Eddie Hearn
3 hours ago
Wife: "where's my anniversary gift?"
Me: " it's stuck in the Suez Canal"

TimeBucks
22 hours ago
This brings a whole new meaning to the term drop-shipping

Benratbag1997
6 hours ago
“Botheration! We’re stuck!” - The Fat Controller 😂

Yaydam
6 hours ago
Damn, I get embarrassed when I stall my truck at the lights. Imagine this..

S67S ASD
18 hours ago
A traffic jam in the sea?!!😂 now I’ve seen it all

Aye Cho
19 hours ago
The ship aptly labeled Evergreen in the middle of freaking desert !!

Thuroczi
2 days ago (edited)
Someone's drugs are not gonna be delivered in time ...

Jay Watson
19 hours ago
More importantly - why does he keep saying Evergiven when it literally says Evergreen on the side 🤷‍♂️

Yog Kumar
17 hours ago
If there had been a amazon one day shipping package. The ship would turn out around itself

andrew knight
17 hours ago
The captain's gonna need more than a little tug to improve his day!

Arnold Schwarzenegger
3 hours ago (edited)
One of the biggest heist in human history could be done 😂

Joe Schlotthauer
1 day ago
The ship will be forever known as;
"WEDGIE"

Bertrand146
8 hours ago (edited)
The Evergreen's captain : "Don'! scratch my bow !!!"

Jer Jibe
14 hours ago
"Did I do that?" - Erkle

Ryan Moss
4 hours ago
First of all this was no accident! This was deliberate. That's where the news should be investigating!

Thomas Miller
2 hours ago
Suez canal passage: Exists

This ship: I'm about to end this man's whole career

TheMsdos25
1 day ago
So that's where all the RTX cards are.

Spencer Gee
16 hours ago
The Suez canal obviously needs a fourth lane.

Ole Lubbers
Ole Lubbers
9 hours ago
what is it called "stuck at sea", it's clearly stuck in the desert

Peter Morgan
13 hours ago (edited)
"Turning round a supertanker" — This ship isn't a tanker. It's a container ship.

Quentin WONG [07C2]
15 hours ago
somalian pirates should take this chance to raid, it's there for the taking

Jkjk i dont want that to happen but it might

LittleFlower
1 day ago
I read the title as “SUCK at sea” and I couldn’t agree more. What a disaster.

Toufic Jammoul
3 hours ago
this ship will be know as The " I don't care", she's sitting sideways and who's the boss to try to lodge me XD.

Arkansas Traveller
7 hours ago
No way this wasn't deliberate.

Mr X
11 hours ago
Aye as if that wasn't planned. its a little too strategically placed to be an accident funny how the already rich are getting richer the longer it sits there

consulting insultant
14 hours ago
The ship builders should be held up accountable for building ship dimensions that does not account for danger to the sailing infrastructure due to its size

BrainSoupForMe
1 day ago
WD40 could get ship unstuck in no time, use the whole can if necessary.

Susan Tully
13 hours ago
Hoping the conclusion to this extremely large mess is cleared soon. For everyone on earth.

As it is
8 hours ago
Oil prices go up as a result, well what a coincidence...

True Pro Sound Inc.
5 hours ago
This is another situation created by the Elite with the only purpose of continuing creating chaos, this time the Food.

Ratzfatz
11 hours ago
"Stepship, help me. I'm stuck."
That meme is suddenly getting excessive.

Tony
2 days ago
I bet everyone is beeping their horns 🤭.

koalabear
16 hours ago
Some people are pretty dumb. EVERGREEN is the shipping company name, not the ship name.

Oddlike Seven
10 hours ago
Sucks to be the people being smuggled in those containers.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Due to fears of halting navigation in the Suez Canal ... Oil prices rise by more than 4%

{Follow-up: Al Furat News} Oil prices rose by more than 4% due to fears that the floatation of a giant, stranded container tanker impeding the movement of navigation in the Suez Canal might take weeks, which could put pressure on the supplies of crude and refined products.

This is a rebound from a sharp drop in the previous session, against the backdrop of fears that demand will be affected by new lockdown measures linked to the Corona virus in Europe.
Brent crude rose $ 2.62, equivalent to 4.2%, to reach the settlement price of $ 64.57 a barrel, after dropping 3.8% on Thursday.
US West Texas Intermediate crude rose $ 2.41, or 4.1%, to settle at $ 60.97 a barrel, after tumbling 4.3% the previous day.
Brent increased 0.1% over the course of the past week, while West Texas Intermediate was down 0.7%, its third consecutive weekly loss.
The oil market has been volatile this week, as investors weigh the potential impact of congestion in the Suez Canal that began on Tuesday and the impact of new lockdown measures linked to the coronavirus.
The Suez Canal today intensified efforts to liberate the delinquent giant ship after previous efforts failed. Efforts to liberate them could take weeks, with unstable weather potentially causing complications.

Hussein Hatem

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Suez Canal Authority: Intensification of work to remove the sides and expand the dredging area around the bow of the stranded ship

the world10:23 - 28/03/2021

Follow-up - Mawazine News

Lieutenant General Osama Rabie, head of the Suez Canal Authority, said that work is currently underway to expand the scope of dredging and digging in the bow area, to remove the sides of the canal and dredging to bring it to a depth of 18 meters.
He emphasized that this would facilitate the floatation of the ship by relying mainly on dredging by means of "Mashhour" dredge, in addition to the use of earth dredges that allow it to get closer to the ship.

He explained that "Mashhour" intensified work to dredge the circumference of the bow of the ship to reach a depth of 18 meters, while the long-arm and portable ground excavators are working to expand the drilling range at the bottom of this area to allow approaching the ship at a distance not reached by the dredger. And safety that requires safe distances between the dredger and the ship of not less than 10 meters.
He emphasized that the depth survey and measurement are carried out periodically through specialized marine survey systems to measure depths using ultrasound, whether mono or multi-ray, through the survey and program team of the Dredging Department.
It should be noted that the tasks of the earth rigs vary to include drilling in front of the ship's front from the side of the land and deepening and expanding a water body inside the ground to facilitate the towing of the ship, as well as removing the effects resulting from the accident in the coverings and curtains of the canal, and moving the drilling products.

• Thanks 3