Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dominion Voting Systems Sues Fox News For $1.6 Billion For Pushing Trump's Big Lie

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Close this content, you can also use the Escape key at anytime
The Daily Beast

Dominion Builds Legal Behemoth to Drain Trumpland of Billions

Adam Rawnsley, Lachlan Cartwright, Asawin Suebsaeng
Mon, March 29, 2021, 8:00 PM

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty

With billions of dollars in lawsuits now in the balance, Dominion Voting Systems has quietly expanded its legal armada in recent days, as the election technology company goes after Trumpworld and conservative media giants.

Clare Locke—the legal firm spearheading Dominion’s lawsuits against Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and pillow magnate Mike Lindell—recently brought in seven attorneys from the Texas-based firm of Susman Godfrey, which has experience litigating against the so-called “Kraken” suits filed by one-time Trump attorneys Lin Wood and Sidney Powell.

“There are great synergies between the work that the Susman team had done on the 2020 election and the defamation cases we were pursuing for Dominion,” Tom Clare, from the notoriously aggressive law firm Clare Locke, told The Daily Beast.

“As those discussions unfolded we also discovered the two firms have a great cultural similarity in having a ready for trial approach to litigation,” he added. “I think it's going to be a very effective team.”

Dominion expanding its legal team is the latest effort to punish leading players in the months-long propaganda push to trash the company and baselessly assail the results of the 2020 U.S. presidential contest.

On Friday, Fox News was hit with a $1.6 billion lawsuit. “Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court,” a statement from the company said.

Other conservative media outlets including Newsmax and One American News Network—also aired post election conspiracy theories and are among the top targets for Dominion’s next round of lawsuits, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Justin Nelson—a Susman attorney who is assisting in Dominion’s defamation cases against Sidney Powell, Mike Lindell, and Fox News—represented Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobb against a “Kraken” suit filed by Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, and other attorneys against Arizona election officials in an attempt to overturn Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

That suit, which asked a judge to “set aside the results of the 2020 General Election,” included many of the false claims which Dominion says amounted to defamation, including the allegation that Dominion uses software from a separate voting technology company, Smartmatic, and that Dominion was "founded by foreign oligarchs and dictators to ensure computerized ballot-stuffing and vote manipulation" to install help Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez steal an election in the country.

At the time, Nelson called the suit an “attack on democracy,” and argued that Wood, Powell, and others were “using the federal court system in an attempt to undermine the rule of law and obtain breathtaking, startling and unprecedented relief to overturn the will of the people.”

Susman attorneys also have experience in litigating a number of high profile defamation cases. Davida Brook—who signed on to the case against Powell, Giuliani, and Lindell—previously represented Melanie Kohler, a Los Angeles woman who accused director Brett Ratner of rape in a since-deleted Facebook post. Brook represented Kohler after Ratner filed a defamation suit against her. Ratner subsequently withdrew his suit.

Brook also represented actress Amber Heard, who was sued by ex-husband Johnny Depp after she wrote a Washington Post op-ed which Depp claimed had falsely implied he had "perpetrated domestic violence against her."

Some of the targets or potential targets of Dominion’s legal wrath have run for cover, or even resorted to deleting articles or covering their tracks. Others have remained reliably defiant, claiming that a court battle and the discovery that comes with it would lead to humiliation for Dominion instead.

Lindell—who was also a major financial backer of pro-Trump attempts to nullify President Biden’s decisive 2020 victory—previously told The Daily Beast that he’d hired private investigators to dig up “dirt” and any evidence of foreign entanglements on both Dominion and Smartmatic, and that he was hoping to file countersuits in the coming weeks.

People familiar with the matter say that the company’s legal team still hadn’t ruled out going after ex-President Trump specifically, but that no final decision had been made yet on if they wanted to open up that can of worms on the former leader of the free world. During his time in office, Trump personally promoted the same kinds of conspiracy theories and lies that the voting-tech executives and their attorneys now claim substantially and groundlessly damaged their business and has put them in danger via numerous death threats.

Former President Trump is still facing an avalanche of separate lawsuits, probes, and criminal investigations, including ones stemming from alleged sexual assault, his family-run business empire, the bloody Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, and his broader anti-democratic efforts in the wake of the 2020 election.

In recent months, Trump—who now no longer enjoys the legal protections that come with being president—has privately quipped that his enemies will be investigating and “suing me for the rest of my life.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dominion-builds-legal-behemoth-drain-000006711.html

GO RV, then BV

The left likes to over blow the situation.....then retract things.....

If it looks like a turd.....smells like a turd.....it's a turd....!

Let me give you some examples before we "circle back" to Dominion.....let's start with Hunter Biden....Ukraine...Moscow....and China.....

News breaks in September implementing he and family members of wrong doing....Big Daddy Joe was on the take.....plain as day....just like his brother....Kid Hunter was the family orchestrator.....as well as the drugged crazied pedophile.....(about 10,000 pictures to verify that one)

MSM buries the story....and anyone on social media posting links is banned....

A credible partner and eye witness testifies in a TV interview.....compelling info that leaves "no doubt"...(get that circle back girl connection?).....no one carrys it....they're all in the bag for Biden!

How many countless examples do people have to bring to your attention?

Now Dominion.....just follow the history of the company...it's all been laid out here on DV....

Then look at the swing States in question....when they signed up with Dominion....the size of the contracts.....who signed them and the timing.....

Look at the software and how it was designed to work.....and yes there have been credible....audits that outline the fallibilities of the Dominion voting systems... 

Courts are political....and often ignorant.... 

Look at the current SEC suit filed against Ripple/XRP.....claiming they are a security.....do you really think some "turd" judge should be passing judgement on something they don't understand.....?

Do you think most Judges, at any level, understand the complexity of the Dominion voting system....?

Enough for now.....any thoughts?      CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Pow! 6

On 3/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, Shelley said:

Desperate attorney’s will try and make case out of anything ..., doesn’t mean they win the case 

But it does mean FULL DISCLOSURE. 

Dominion will NEVER allow this to go to court. 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, Sage449 said:

I like it, then Dominion's records become discoverable too. 

:bravo:

21 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

In a perfect world the truth prevails.....when dealing with US politics and politicians......the world ain't perfect...     CL

(Think JFK)

Shabbs is counting on that 

21 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Time will tell.....the Kraken sure is pulling a 180 though....dollar signs will do that, I suppose.

GO RV, then BV

SAYS WHO, YAHOO :lmao:

And yes I gave you red slippers for every fake news lie you posted here. Deal with it. 

6 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Shabbs be like, "FAKE NEWS"

50 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Guess some just enjoy sticking their heads up the rear ends of the twisting, lying US MSM.....

This video/audio directly from the source, should end any speculation on Ms. Powell and her intent.....

CL

You can lead a horse.......

• Pow! 1

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

But it does mean FULL DISCLOSURE. 

Dominion will NEVER allow this to go to court. 

:bravo:

Shabbs is counting on that 

SAYS WHO, YAHOO :lmao:

And yes I gave you red slippers for every fake news lie you posted here. Deal with it. 

Shabbs be like, "FAKE NEWS"

You can lead a horse.......

Enjoy having free rein to say whatever you want to whoever you want whenever you want.....The example you set for others is obviously beyond reproach.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Enjoy having free rein to say whatever you want to whoever you want whenever you want.....The example you set for others is obviously beyond reproach.  B)

GO RV, then BV

And where, pray tell, do you feel I violated any forum rules? 

However, we do agree that my point is beyond reproach as the TRUTH always is. 

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Please show me. 

You drug my name into a thread I had nothing to do with just to make fun with a silly cartoon. (against the rules).....then AFTER TG issued a warning, you attacked me again with a post that had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic, but everything to do with your disdain for me.....then to cover up your childish actions, you act like it was all in good fun and we're brothers beyond any kind of feeling issues.  You own me a damn apology.  FACT

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

You drug my name into a thread I had nothing to do with just to make fun with a silly cartoon. (against the rules).....then AFTER TG issued a warning, you attacked me again with a post that had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic, but everything to do with your disdain for me.....then to cover up your childish actions, you act like it was all in good fun and we're brothers beyond any kind of feeling issues.  You own me a damn apology.  FACT

GO RV, then BV

Okay, in that you were, are, deeply offended I offer you my SINCEREST apology. 

I didn't attempt to drop your name as much as I responded to your comments about my post. Was I a bit harsh? Probably, but based on your expert ability to derail a thread I acted out of anger. Again, sorry that I offended you. 

And for the Thousandth time, you are my Brother. 

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Okay, in that you were, are, deeply offended I offer you my SINCEREST apology. 

I didn't attempt to drop your name as much as I responded to your comments about my post. Was I a bit harsh? Probably, but based on your expert ability to derail a thread I acted out of anger. Again, sorry that I offended you. 

And for the Thousandth time, you are my Brother. 

Apology accepted....That said, how am I the one to derail your thread when YOU drug me into it in the first place?  Had YOU just left well enough alone none of it would have happened....so YOU "acting out of anger" was completely misguided.  Just own it and move on.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Downvote 1