Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New photos show cheat sheets used by Biden during his first press conference

55 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

All the same questions that I asked for the last 4 years. 

Understood.....at least that guy could put a thought process together....and didn't have to hide from the public and the World.....

The World looked at Trump as a wild card.....respect out of fear....how they look at Biden is still to be determined.....however the World press is in doubt as to what is really happening within the USG...     CL

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

respect out of fear.

i don't think that fear is a sign of respect, it is more a survival strategy when feeling that your life is in danger. And the next step is outrage and setting up a way to protect yourself. Which is much of what we saw as a country under Trump's rule. IT is also a way to CONTROL AND MANIPULATE PEOPLE. And I'm sure we all have  some idea or experience on the results of being manipulated. Can you say MSM?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
Business Insider

7 key takeaways from Biden's first news conference as president

Oma Seddiq,Sonam Sheth
Thu, March 25, 2021, 4:08 PM

joe biden

President Joe Biden during the first news conference of his presidency on March 25. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
  • Biden on Thursday gave his first solo news conference as president.

• He fielded questions on voting rights, foreign policy, immigration, and his plans for 2024.

• Scroll down for seven key takeaways from the presser.

• See more stories on Insider's business page.

Reporters on Thursday grilled President Joe Biden on a variety of issues when he gave his first solo news conference since taking office. He fielded questions on issues such as immigration, foreign policy, voting rights, the filibuster, and his plans for 2024.

He also gave updates on his administration's COVID-19 response, vaccine distribution, and the economy.

Until Thursday, Biden had mainly interacted with the media by taking part in cable-news interviews and briefly answering questions after public appearances.

Here are seven key takeaways from Biden's first news conference as president.

Biden says he plans to run again in 2024

The president said he expected to run again in 2024 with Vice President Kamala Harris on the ticket.

"The answer is yes. My plan is to run for reelection. That's my expectation," Biden said before adding that he could not know for certain. "I'm a great respecter of fate."

Biden also scoffed at the idea of facing Trump as his GOP challenger in 2024. "I have no idea if there will be a Republican Party," he said.

The president ups vaccine goal to 200 million vaccinations in first 100 days

At the top of the briefing, Biden set a new goal of the US administering 200 million COVID-19 vaccine doses by his 100th day in office. Initially, the president planned to hit 100 million vaccine shots within that time frame, but the country surpassed that milestone last week.

The US had administered over 133 million vaccine doses as of Thursday, according to data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. About 2.5 million doses are administered a day, The New York Times reported. At that pace, Biden is on track to fulfill his new objective by April 30, his 100th day in office.

More than 100 million stimulus checks have gone out, and 'millions more will be getting their money very soon'

Biden said more than 100 million stimulus checks worth $1,400 had gone out. The checks were included in the $1.9 trillion coronavirus rescue package, known as the American Rescue Plan, that he signed into law earlier this month.

"Millions more will be getting their money very soon," he added.

Biden reacts to surge of migrants at the US-Mexico border

The president faced several questions about the recent surge of unaccompanied children at the southern border. He said the increase was not because he may be considered more welcoming to immigrants than former President Donald Trump but because of the weather.

Biden also blamed the hard-line immigration policies imposed by Trump and the dire living conditions of the home countries that people are fleeing from.

"I like to think it's because I'm a nice guy, but it's not. It's happened every year," Biden said. "The reason they're coming is it's the time they can travel with the least likelihood of dying because of the heat in the desert."

Biden skewers GOP-backed efforts to restrict voting registration as 'sick' and 'un-American'

Biden called the dozens of Republican-led bills that would restrict voting that are circulating in state legislatures "despicable," "sick," and "un-American."

"This makes Jim Crow look like Jim Eagle," Biden said. "This is gigantic, what they're trying to do. It cannot be sustained."

The president said his goal was for Congress to approve the For the People Act, a Democratic-sponsored bill dedicated to voting-rights reform, which passed the House on March 3.

The president agrees the filibuster is a 'relic of the Jim Crow era'

CNN's Kaitlan Collins pointed out that former President Barack Obama said last year that the filibuster was a "relic of the Jim Crow era" and asked Biden if he agreed with the assessment.

"Yes," Biden said.

"Why not abolish it, if it's a relic of the Jim Crow era?" Collins asked.

Biden replied, "Successful electoral politics is the art of the possible. Let's figure out how we can get this done and move in the direction of significantly changing the abuse of even the filibuster rule first. It's been abused from the time it came into being by an extreme way in the last 20 years. Let's deal with the abuse first."

"You're moving closer to eliminating the filibuster. Is that correct?" Collins asked.

"I answered your question," the president said.

Biden 'can't picture' US troops being in Afghanistan next year

Reporters pressed the president on whether the administration would meet the May 1 deadline that President Trump's administration agreed to.

"We will leave," Biden said. "The question is when we will leave." Asked if he expected US troops to be in Afghanistan next year, he said, "I can't picture that being the case."

https://news.yahoo.com/7-key-takeaways-bidens-first-200836249.html

GO RV, then BV

“I have no idea if there will be a Republican Party”. Is this what you stand for? Silencing the conservative voice? How many of us will be locked up or die while you look on as the Constitution and independence of this great nation is destroyed. Where will you stand then? Don’t bother to respond as nothing you say will change what I think of you and I don’t give a damn what you think of me.

• Pow! 5

2 minutes ago, dacklen said:

“I have no idea if there will be a Republican Party”. Is this what you stand for? Silencing the conservative voice? How many of us will be locked up or die while you look on as the Constitution and independence of this great nation is destroyed. Where will you stand then? Don’t bother to respond as nothing you say will change what I think of you and I don’t give a damn what you think of me.

If you don't want a response....don't ask questions.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, dacklen said:

It always cracks me up when people such as yourself talk all kinds of smack then drop the mic and say they don't want a response....pretty one sided, don't you think?  And your avatar says you're from down in LA....another chap from that neighborhood used to do the same thing to me.  ;)

GO RV, then BV 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, adhoc10 said:

i don't think that fear is a sign of respect, it is more a survival strategy when feeling that your life is in danger. And the next step is outrage and setting up a way to protect yourself. Which is much of what we saw as a country under Trump's rule. IT is also a way to CONTROL AND MANIPULATE PEOPLE. And I'm sure we all have  some idea or experience on the results of being manipulated. Can you say MSM?

Not as individuals.....but Countries are another story.....respect from countries involves more than fear.....but if 1 Country becomes so powerful it can destroy another....that warrants some respect from the lesser country.....perhaps even envy......JMO.     CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

6 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

It always cracks me up when people such as yourself talk all kinds of smack then drop the mic and say they don't want a response....pretty one sided, don't you think?  And your avatar says you're from down in LA....another chap from that neighborhood used to do the same thing to me.  ;)

GO RV, then BV 

You’re just not worth the effort😘

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

But the best part of ole Joke's presser was the sheet with photos of all the correspondents. He had the ones he wanted to recognize, numbered with a circle around the number. He followed the numbering order and took 9 questions from the 9 reporters ( if you can call them that), then BAM, presser over. So fully staged event. Campare that to the BAD ORANGE MAN who would stay for many questions, even after the presser was supposed to have ended. And NOT ONE NOTE!! CONTRAST?? I think so!!

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 5

Biden's Values Experience Climate Change

Geoffrey Barham
4 minutes ago
I can't believe the American people can't see through what's going on now.

Dani in the Desert
9 minutes ago (edited)
Wow how’d he get through that interview so well with that “stutter” that’s supposedly plagued him his whole life?!

cucamonga41
10 minutes ago (edited)
Notice that The Puppet could speak properly back then. Now he not only can't speak, he can't remember what he said before.

Otis Murphy
11 minutes ago
WARNING:
POTATO Head videos contain graphic stupidity..!

MARK VOSHELL
9 minutes ago
Well he was right in the past what the hell happened