Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New photos show cheat sheets used by Biden during his first press conference

New photos show cheat sheets used by Biden during his first press conference

March 25, 2021 | 7:31pm | Updated

MORE ON:

JOE BIDEN

New photos reveal several cheat sheets used by President Joe Biden during his Thursday press conference — including one with the headshots and names of reporters he planned to call on.

The president also used notes to assist with facts about US infrastructure, a policy area Biden is focusing on during his first months in the White House.

“The United States now ranks 13th globally in infrastructure quality — down from 5th place in 2002,” read one bullet point.

But despite having the answers in front of him, Biden still slipped up, saying America ranked 85th in the world in infrastructure, before correcting himself.

The press pool at Thursday’s briefing, the first one held by Biden since taking office 65 days ago, was limited to 25 reporters.

Biden only took questions from a list of journalists whose names and outlets he read from a cue card. A photo of the card shows circled numbers around select reporters.

biden-using-notes-at-press-conference-10

President Joe Biden looks on notes as he answers questions from journalists during the first formal press conference of his presidency.
EPA/OLIVER CONTRERAS / POOL

In the early stages of the 62 minutes presser, in which Biden fielded 10 questions, the president appeared to repeatedly lose his train of thought, forgetting questions and asking reporters if they wanted him to give detailed answers.

biden-sheet.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1

Joe Biden note’s show the faces of reporters at the press conference.

Oliver Contreras – Pool

Many of his responses were aided by notes he kept inside a three-ring binder.

He abruptly wrapped up the press conference, telling reporters, “but folks. I’m going,” without sticking around for a follow-up question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

Biden: I intend to run for the presidency again ... and I miss Trump

the world11:02 - 25/03/2021

Follow-up - Mawazine News

US President Joe Biden announced his intention to run for the US presidency again in the 2024 elections
. Biden said in response to a question in this regard during a press conference today, Thursday: "My answer is yes. I intend to run for a second term," indicating that he will run with his current deputy, Kamala Harris. Again.
He added that he usually does not plan what he will do after 3 or 4 and a half years, and that these are only "expectations".
In response to questions about whether he could compete with Donald Trump in the election again, Biden joked: "My predecessor ... I miss him, Lord."
He added that he does not know whether Trump will be the Republican candidate again in 2024, and whether there will be the Republican Party in general, adding that he does not think about this issue at all.
It is noteworthy that Joe Biden is the oldest American president, at 78 years of age. He ended 29 / a 87

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Business Insider

7 key takeaways from Biden's first news conference as president

Oma Seddiq,Sonam Sheth
Thu, March 25, 2021, 4:08 PM

joe biden

President Joe Biden during the first news conference of his presidency on March 25. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
  • Biden on Thursday gave his first solo news conference as president.

• He fielded questions on voting rights, foreign policy, immigration, and his plans for 2024.

• Scroll down for seven key takeaways from the presser.

• See more stories on Insider's business page.

Reporters on Thursday grilled President Joe Biden on a variety of issues when he gave his first solo news conference since taking office. He fielded questions on issues such as immigration, foreign policy, voting rights, the filibuster, and his plans for 2024.

He also gave updates on his administration's COVID-19 response, vaccine distribution, and the economy.

Until Thursday, Biden had mainly interacted with the media by taking part in cable-news interviews and briefly answering questions after public appearances.

Here are seven key takeaways from Biden's first news conference as president.

Biden says he plans to run again in 2024

The president said he expected to run again in 2024 with Vice President Kamala Harris on the ticket.

"The answer is yes. My plan is to run for reelection. That's my expectation," Biden said before adding that he could not know for certain. "I'm a great respecter of fate."

Biden also scoffed at the idea of facing Trump as his GOP challenger in 2024. "I have no idea if there will be a Republican Party," he said.

The president ups vaccine goal to 200 million vaccinations in first 100 days

At the top of the briefing, Biden set a new goal of the US administering 200 million COVID-19 vaccine doses by his 100th day in office. Initially, the president planned to hit 100 million vaccine shots within that time frame, but the country surpassed that milestone last week.

The US had administered over 133 million vaccine doses as of Thursday, according to data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. About 2.5 million doses are administered a day, The New York Times reported. At that pace, Biden is on track to fulfill his new objective by April 30, his 100th day in office.

More than 100 million stimulus checks have gone out, and 'millions more will be getting their money very soon'

Biden said more than 100 million stimulus checks worth $1,400 had gone out. The checks were included in the $1.9 trillion coronavirus rescue package, known as the American Rescue Plan, that he signed into law earlier this month.

"Millions more will be getting their money very soon," he added.

Biden reacts to surge of migrants at the US-Mexico border

The president faced several questions about the recent surge of unaccompanied children at the southern border. He said the increase was not because he may be considered more welcoming to immigrants than former President Donald Trump but because of the weather.

Biden also blamed the hard-line immigration policies imposed by Trump and the dire living conditions of the home countries that people are fleeing from.

"I like to think it's because I'm a nice guy, but it's not. It's happened every year," Biden said. "The reason they're coming is it's the time they can travel with the least likelihood of dying because of the heat in the desert."

Biden skewers GOP-backed efforts to restrict voting registration as 'sick' and 'un-American'

Biden called the dozens of Republican-led bills that would restrict voting that are circulating in state legislatures "despicable," "sick," and "un-American."

"This makes Jim Crow look like Jim Eagle," Biden said. "This is gigantic, what they're trying to do. It cannot be sustained."

The president said his goal was for Congress to approve the For the People Act, a Democratic-sponsored bill dedicated to voting-rights reform, which passed the House on March 3.

The president agrees the filibuster is a 'relic of the Jim Crow era'

CNN's Kaitlan Collins pointed out that former President Barack Obama said last year that the filibuster was a "relic of the Jim Crow era" and asked Biden if he agreed with the assessment.

"Yes," Biden said.

"Why not abolish it, if it's a relic of the Jim Crow era?" Collins asked.

Biden replied, "Successful electoral politics is the art of the possible. Let's figure out how we can get this done and move in the direction of significantly changing the abuse of even the filibuster rule first. It's been abused from the time it came into being by an extreme way in the last 20 years. Let's deal with the abuse first."

"You're moving closer to eliminating the filibuster. Is that correct?" Collins asked.

"I answered your question," the president said.

Biden 'can't picture' US troops being in Afghanistan next year

Reporters pressed the president on whether the administration would meet the May 1 deadline that President Trump's administration agreed to.

"We will leave," Biden said. "The question is when we will leave." Asked if he expected US troops to be in Afghanistan next year, he said, "I can't picture that being the case."

https://news.yahoo.com/7-key-takeaways-bidens-first-200836249.html

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

You suppose Ole Joe will get revenge by mean tweeting something about the NY Post being an overrated rag that's going out of business?  :lol:

GO RV, then BV

No truthfully he probably doesn’t even know that front page exists , I believe all his handlers protect him from a lot of things ... while he’s in the basement watching cartoons 

• Pow! 6

1 minute ago, Shelley said:

No truthfully he probably doesn’t even know that front page exists , I believe all his handlers protect him from a lot of things ... while he’s in the basement watching cartoons 

Awesome....beats disenfranchising more than half the country with childish tweets.  Everybody wins this way.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Awesome....beats disenfranchising more than half the country with childish tweets.  Everybody wins this way.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

The man can’t put a sentence together no less a tweet 

what would he tweet about ? How many LIES he told during his first News Conference ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 4

10 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

You suppose Ole Joe will get revenge by mean tweeting something about the NY Post being an overrated rag that's going out of business?  :lol:

No, he is too busy bashing Trump for the Border Crisis.  The Crisis his Administration has allowed to take place.  His policies are allowing criminals, and covid positive people entry into the USA.  

Biden should be impeached for not protecting our borders.  

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 8

13 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

He just disenfranchised half the country with his mind numbing idiotic EO’s.

• Pow! 8

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

So tell us Shabs....what is your assessment of Bidens performance at his first news conference.....?

How did you like the format?

All questions from friendlies.....all soft balls.....an orderly list.....

Given the history of the left leaning press...(Donna Brazzile comes to mind)....what are the odds Biden had the list of questions ahead of time.....

Please share your thoughts.....    CL

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 5