Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance resolves the matter: We do not have any authority to change the price of the dollar

yota691

•  
 2021-03-21 08:51

Shafaq News / The Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed, on Sunday, that the parliament does not have any authority to change the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar in the general budget law, while noting that changing the price will affect the restructuring of the budget.

A member of the committee, Ahmed Hajj Rashid, told Shafaq News, "It is not possible to reduce the exchange rate of the dollar in the budget law, and any change to that will affect the restructuring of the budget and change its provisions and the articles of the law."

He added that "any change in the exchange rate will cause a decrease in financial revenues in the general budget law, higher expenditures and an increase in the financial deficit," stressing that "Parliament does not have any authority to change the exchange rate."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

9 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Who changed the rate from 1190 to 1460 back in December...?

The CBI, did you remember reading any articles from the parliament about them voting to change it from 1190 to 1460? All this talking in parliament about the rate change is just politicians making noise an gathering votes. Their constitution says the CBI is in charge of the currency exchange. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

1 minute ago, DoD said:

The CBI, did you remember reading any articles from the parliament about them voting to change it from 1190 to 1460? All this talking in parliament about the rate change is just politicians making noise an gathering votes. Their constitution says the CBI is in charge of the currency exchange. 

Yup. And they didn’t have to pass any laws or have the parliaments involvement at all. 

• Pow! 1

12 minutes ago, DoD said:

Then, hopefully the cbi will release a new rate on the budget next week on the 27.

1 hour ago, DoD said:

Bingo! That’s exactly what I’ve always believed. Thanks DoD! 

💁‍♀️Is this thought possible? Maybe CBI really DOES have the authority. BUT: maybe this too is nothing but an ILLUSION? 

I accept that Parliament has no authority to change the exchange rate.

I accept that the Iraq Minister of Finance does not have the authority to change the exchange rate. 

I accept that the CBI alone has the authority to change the exchange rate, as per the Iraq Constitution. 🧻

HOWEVER: The Central Banks of the world, 🤑 🤴 🏦 they run the finances of the world together, out of London 🎡🌂 🎩 and New York, 🗽 :eagle: :flagsmiley: far as I know. It's a small group of people, far as I know. 🧛‍♂️🧛‍♀️🦹🦹‍♂️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♂️ 🐷

What are the chances that Iraq's Central Bank, with it's impressive new building, 🏢 is actually free and autonomous of the world's central banks?......My guess is 0%

What are the chances that any change in rate for the Iraqi Dinar is solely controlled and approved, not in Bagdad :jester: but in New York or London? 💂‍♂️ I'd say 100%.....that's just a guess, but it's my guess. 💯

No doubt the world's top bankers watch what is going on in Iraq, with great interest. No doubt the world's banks have a long laundry list of things to do, for the Iraq Government. :rulez: No doubt they monitor it.

But: my guess is, it's a complete fiction, a Magician's illusion,  any notion that Parliament of Iraq, or it's Prime Minister, 🃏 have any control over the currency rate. :calculator:

My guess is the control is entirely by the banksters. :bagofmoney:

The choices are the Iraq Parliament, the Iraq Prime Minister. The choice is comply, or don't comply. Each has consequences. If the Kurds think they are independent, they are smoking crack. :cigar:

It's interesting watching all the shenanigans' of the idiots who think they are in charge in Iraq, think they are running the show. I enjoy the Clown Show. 🤡 But in the end, they either obey, or they don't get to be a really rich country, by integrating their financial system, into the world's financial system. 

Question for reader: Am I just passing Camel wind? 💨 Am I just passing on vague conspiracy theories? 👀 👽 I present no evidence, but am I right? 🤓 Please change my mind....lol :bananacamel:💨

Please tell me Parliament, 💩 the Prime Minister of Iraq 🤡, or even the Central Bank of Iraq is really, actually running the show. Please tell me I'm just passing wind in my comments. 🙉💨 Please tell me the drama on this site, all the nonsense politically in Iraq, is because they are the ones actually running the show. 🐑🐑🐑 Please tell me we are not just watching Punch and Judy....a pure puppet show?  🤡 🎭

Oh well, good luck anyways...🍀🍻 cheers....🎰 :peace: 🤸‍♀️

By the way, I can still smell our victory, we are close 👃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2

Deputy: All political blocs with the return of the dollar exchange rate to its previous era

Posted 46 seconds ago
%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

Baghdad / h. G

Deputy Amer Al-Winner confirmed, today, Sunday, that all political blocs with the return of the dollar exchange rate to what it was previously, referring to the blocs threatening not to pass the budget if its price did not change.

The winner said in an interview followed by (Iraqi Media News Agency /) that "the reason on which the government and the Central Bank raised the exchange rate of the dollar is negated with the rise in oil prices, which will save the budget 22 trillion to fill the deficit and open other economic doors instead of raising the value of the dollar to save 10 trillion." .

He added, "All the political blocs with the return of the dollar exchange rate to its previous era and threaten not to pass the budget if its price does not change in the budget

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Parliament finance rapporteur announces good news

%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AC%D9%84-%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9
The reporter of the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives, Ahmed Al-Saffar, on Sunday (March 21, 2021) denied the collapse of political agreements on the Federal Budget Law, while confirming that the atmosphere is positive and comfortable in this regard and is going towards the vote to pass the budget.

Al-Saffar said in a televised interview with (the Iraqi Media News Agency), that “the Shiite blocs and the Kurdish delegation concluded an agreement regarding the Kurdistan region’s share on March 19, but after a day of the agreement, there was objection from some other blocs regarding the terms of this agreement and the topic is subject to solution.”

He added that "the agreement was included in the budget by the Finance Committee, and the two parties have a sound intention and are moving towards reaching a final solution to pass the law."

Al-Saffar added that "the file of the provincial quotas, job grades and the exchange rate is awaiting resolution until now, and we believe that matters can be resolved before the voting session on March 27th."

And that "citizens have been affected a lot by the delay in approving the budget, and there are poor waiting for their salaries to be paid, and unemployed people waiting for work opportunities."

Al-Saffar pointed out that "the atmosphere is positive and comfortable, and there is no collapse in the negotiations, as it is rumored

Parliament's finance rapporteur denies the collapse of budget negotiations and announces good news - urgent

Posted 3 hours ago
News source / Baghdad today
1616332601_151541.jpg
Baghdad today
Baghdad Today - Follow-up 

The reporter of the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives, Ahmed Al-Saffar, on Sunday (March 21, 2021) denied the collapse of political agreements on the Federal Budget Law, while confirming that the atmosphere is positive and comfortable in this regard and is going towards the vote to pass the budget.

Al-Saffar said in a televised interview (Baghdad Today), that “the Shiite blocs and the Kurdish delegation concluded an agreement regarding the Kurdistan region’s share on March 19, but after a day of the agreement there was objection from some other blocs regarding the terms of this agreement and the issue is subject to solution.”

He added that "the agreement was included in the budget by the Finance Committee, and the two parties have a sound intention and are moving towards reaching a final solution to pass the law."

Al-Saffar added that "the file of the provincial quotas, job grades and the exchange rate is awaiting resolution until now, and we believe that matters can be resolved before the voting session on March 27th."

And that "citizens have been affected a lot by the delay in approving the budget, and there are poor waiting for their salaries to be paid, and unemployed people waiting for work opportunities."

Al-Saffar pointed out that "the atmosphere is positive and comfortable, and there is no collapse in the negotiations, as it is rumored."

Yesterday, Saturday, the House of Representatives decided to postpone the session for voting on the budget for a full week.

The media department of the council said in a statement that "in view of the continuing discussions on the draft budget law and to give the competent committees the opportunity for further review and scrutiny, it was decided to postpone the vote on the draft budget law until Saturday, March 27, 2021 at one o'clock in the afternoon

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A new condition and a "surprise" postpone the vote on the budget at the last minute

Sunday, 21 March 2021 6:07 PM

A new condition and a "surprise" postpone the vote on the budget at the last minute

Baghdad / National News Center

After the House of Representatives resolved its differences over the Federal Court law and voted to pass it, the parliamentary statements seemed optimistic about the decision to pass the budget law, as the Presidency of the House set one in the afternoon on Friday, a date for that, but the postponements came suddenly until the next Saturday was set as a date for it. This indicates the breakdown of the agreements concluded at the last moment.

The Iraqi government delivered the draft budget law at the end of December last year to the Presidency of Parliament, which in turn handed it over to the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives, without reaching an agreement to pass it until today.
Since its delivery until yesterday, the Kurdistan Regional Government has sent delegations to negotiate with the Baghdad government, on the one hand, and the leaders of political blocs, on the other hand.

A new condition undermines the agreement with the Kurds.
The draft budget has not been presented to the members of the House of Representatives, since it was handed over to the Presidency of the Parliament and the Finance Committee, on December 14, 2020, until these days, says MP Hassan Fadam.

Fadam, a deputy from the Al-Hikma bloc, added that in every discussion of the budget, the problem of the region, represented by its shares, and Articles 10 and 11 related to the region's dues and the mechanism for paying them to the Erbil government, emerge.
And he added, "The region’s representatives in every budget threaten or express their agreement to hand over oil and non-oil revenues, but the regional government disavows this commitment, and they do not hand over anything to Baghdad from 2014 until now."

And, "in this budget, an agreement was reached that the region hand over 460 thousand barrels per day to Baghdad, excluding the region's local consumption and production and transportation expenses within the region, and they hand over at least 250 barrels per day, and they agreed on this article and announced the agreement."
He added, “But the Finance Committee, after pressure from members of the House of Representatives, added to this agreement that the Baghdad government must continue to deliver oil and non-oil revenues to Baghdad, and in the event that the Kurdistan region does not commit to delivering 250,000 barrels and non-oil revenues, the Baghdad government has no right to deliver any Funds to the Kurdistan government, ”explaining that“ this is a right that we demanded in the House of Representatives, and this paragraph was added to the budget, but the Kurds objected to it and boycotted the sessions and left the House of Representatives and the negotiations collapsed. ”

Fadam believed that “This indicates the lack of seriousness in handing over the Kurdistan region to the delivery of revenues, whether oil or non-oil, to Baghdad. They only want to receive money from Baghdad without offering anything and without Baghdad having the right to interfere with the administration of the region, neither administratively nor financially, and yet they demand dues. From Baghdad, I mean, the oil of the south, Basra’s oil, and our revenues from all provinces are delivered to the central treasury without handing over the Kurdistan region one dinar, and he comes to share this money with us, and this is unacceptable and we cannot accept it in the House of Representatives, and we do not allow it to pass. ”
Agreement and surprise

While the head of the Iraqi bloc, Hisham Al-Suhail, says that "the agreement is a paper prepared by the brothers in the Shiite blocs, and it was presented to the Kurdish brothers, and it seems that there is approval by the Kurds and other blocs such as the coalition of forces and others, but the problem was in the remaining oil."

Al-Suhail explained, in an interview with the National News Center, “We agree that 460,000 barrels are the region’s share whose value must be delivered to the Iraqi state, while expenses and transportation fees are deducted from it, and that no less than 250,000 barrels are delivered to the Ministry. Oil through SOMO or the money is delivered to the Ministry of Finance.

But what happened was a “surprise,” and Al-Suhail’s words, related to an increase in “oil exports beyond what was agreed upon, which is 460 thousand barrels. The Kurds view that they are not included in the agreement, nor are they involved in it.”

He stressed that "this is the real reason for the disagreement with the Kurdish brothers," adding that "there are many attempts to advance the budget on that day (Saturday), but it is unfortunate that it was not agreed upon."

The head of the Iraqi bloc spoke of other problems, as "many MPs object to the dollar exchange rate, its value, and there are signatures in this regard, and these are many problems and as time passes, the problems will increase more."

Surprising changes
in turn, Samir Hawrami, a spokesman for the Deputy Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Regional Government, said, “Yesterday (Saturday) we agreed to formulate a formulation in the presence of a large number of the competent authorities, Shiite blocs and Shiite representatives, and this formulation that we agreed upon was included in the draft budget by the Iraqi government as well, and we were We agree and are ready to implement it, but what happened is that we have received news that there are minor changes to some points, so we are working to return the proposal to the original that we agreed upon, but the meeting was postponed as you know.

He pointed out that “we are scheduled to go back and start our efforts to reach or pass the agreed upon, whether it was the agreement that was concluded with the Iraqi government and was included in the draft budget law, or the agreement that we recently agreed upon with some blocs or specifically yesterday regarding the share of the Kurdistan region and its inclusion in the budget

• Upvote 1

Parliamentary Finance: A new agreement with the Kurdish delegation to pass the budget

Sunday, 21 March 2021 6:53 PM

Parliamentary Finance: A new agreement with the Kurdish delegation to pass the budget

Private / National News Center

Today, Sunday, the reporter of the Finance Committee, Ahmed Al-Saffar, revealed a new agreement with the Kurdish delegation regarding Article 11, concerning the Kurdistan region, to pass the budget.

Al-Saffar said, in an interview with the "National News Center", that "the points that have delayed approval of the budget for more than a month, are related to the shares of the provinces, the share of the region, and the new job grades.

He pointed to "adding functional grades in the budget," indicating that "the fate of contracts and daily procedures is guaranteed."
Regarding the differences related to Article 11 related to the region, he said that “the agreement has been reached between the Kurdish delegation and the coordination framework, from the major Shiite and Sunni powers. Give at least 250,000 barrels to Baghdad. ”

The House of Representatives set next Saturday as the date for the vote on the budget law, after previous sessions failed to complete the quorum sufficient to pass it, following the withdrawal of the Kurdish blocs.

148490.jpg.30ca89c2ad48c9cb487b1c2235467202.jpg

A deputy reveals the controversial materials in the budget ... Kurdish deputies abstain from voting for Article 11

Baghdad / Al-Masala: Representative Sarkut Shams El-Din revealed, on Saturday, March 20, 2021, the continuation of discussions to resolve the controversial articles in the budget law.  

Shams al-Din said in a statement followed by the "obelisk", that there is a disagreement over some budget articles, including internal and external debts and the investment budget, adding that some political blocs do not want to grant funds for new investments so as not to be used as electoral propaganda.  

He pointed out that there is a disagreement on the issue of the debts owed by farmers, confirming that there is a proposal to exempt any peasant who pays 50% of his debts.  

He said that another disagreement over the provincial shares, including Diyala, Nineveh and Kirkuk, has been settled through the transfer of funds, pointing out that the session for voting on the budget will take place after five in the afternoon.

According to information, Kurdish representatives abstain from voting on Article 11 of the Kurdistan region in the 2021 Budget Law in the Parliamentary Finance Committee.

It is noteworthy that the Presidency of Parliament set today, Saturday, the date for voting on the draft general budget for 2021. 

Follow the obelisk

Khazali presents proposals to deal with the disadvantages of changing the exchange rate

2021-03-21 | 11:59
Khazali presents proposals to deal with the disadvantages of changing the exchange rate

Today, Sunday, the Secretary-General of the Asaib Ahl al-Haq Movement, Qais Khazali, presented several proposals to deal with changing the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar.

Khazali said in a tweet on Twitter followed by Alsumaria News, "With the increasing suffering of a large number of our people due to the continuous rise in consumer prices as a result of the government decision to raise the exchange rate of the dollar and in order for this decision to be reversed, other methods must be used to alleviate this suffering, including adding Allocations to the salaries of affected employees, as well as those covered by the social protection network. "

He added, "Supporting the owners of factories and factories that produce consumer goods, in addition to our emphasis on increasing the purchase prices of strategic grain crops to provide self-sufficiency and contribute to increasing job opportunities in the agricultural and industrial sector, especially with the availability of financial liquidity as a result of high oil prices."

Nowruz celebrations and the new 2021 budget ... in the Alsumaria newsletter shortly

2021-03-21 | 12:35
Nowruz celebrations and the new 2021 budget ... in the Alsumaria newsletter shortly

= Nowruz celebrations break the restrictions of Corona in Kurdistan, and Al-Kazemi calls for strengthening the bonds of love and brotherhood among Iraqis.

= Disclosure of a new proposal regarding the region's share of the budget, and the Central Bank adheres to maintaining the current dollar rate.

= In a list without Arab countries. Baghdad Exempting citizens of thirty-seven countries from entry visas .. The aim is to stimulate investment.

= The people of Nineveh recall the ferry incident ... and demands for compensation for the victims' families and the confirmation of their rights in the current year's budget.

When they talked about previous era, i don't think this is referring to 1190 because before they decided to devalue from 1190 to 1460 back in december 2020, i think the cbi wouldn't do a devaluation carelessly without a calculation in details. And now, if they want to return from 1460 to 1190, this would be a joke and the governor of cbi will lose their face in front of their own people. And then, the iraqi citizens will think that the cbi is just playing a game when they devalued from 1190 to 1460 back in december 2020. On the other hand, if the previous era means saddam era=$3.22, i think all iraqi citizens will be very proud of their own country. Of course this is just my opinion.

Representative economic: Reducing the price of the dollar does not need to dismantle the budget

14:26 - 21/03/2021
%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%A8-2-696x522

The information / Baghdad ..
Member of the Parliamentary Economic and Investment Committee, Mazen Al-Faily, confirmed, on Sunday, that reducing the price of the dollar does not need to dismantle the budget, indicating that the measures are a sport that needs political understanding.
"The talk about reducing the dollar's price is serious and cannot be undone, and it is supported by many political blocs, and if it is not implemented, the political blocs will boycott the sessions," Faily said in a statement to / the information.
He added, "The current price of the dollar has hurt the simple citizen and raised the prices of goods significantly, as it can be reduced mathematically by raising the speculative price of oil in the budget and setting the dollar price at about 1250 per dollar at the very least."
"The budget does not need to be dismantled, but rather it needs to reduce the deficit and raise additional items in the budget, most notably the pressure of government expenditures significantly

In the video, MPs regard the calls for lowering the exchange rate as 'media marketing'

Posted a minute ago
News source / Alsumaria channel
1616350082_Doc-P-376396-6375194621755204
Alsumaria channel
The source of the news / Alsumaria channel

On Sunday, MPs considered the calls to reduce the dollar exchange rate "for media marketing only," stressing that it is not the parliament's power to manipulate the price set by the Finance and Central Bank

Parliamentary Finance clarifies the position regarding the rumors about imposing new taxes on citizens and adjusting the exchange rate

Posted 32 seconds ago
1616348994_151580.jpg
Baghdad today

Baghdad Today - Follow-up

The Deputy Chairman of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, MP Muthanna Al-Samarrai, resolved today, Sunday, the position regarding the rumors of imposing new taxes on citizens and adjusting the exchange rate, and while revealing the latest developments regarding the budget, he invited the political blocs to vote on it next Saturday. 

Al-Samarrai said in a televised interview that she followed (Baghdad Today), "The Finance Committee worked with high professionalism, and all the colleagues from the committee's chairman and members made a great effort in addition to being specialists and we accomplished 564 work hours and met 65 government agencies, the private, agricultural and banking sectors."

He added, "The committee studied the details of the allocations for each ministry and we took the opinions of the blocs represented in Parliament and in the Finance Committee and is aware of all that has been discussed."

Al-Samarrai added, "We have reduced the level of deficits and supported the poor and investment projects by ensuring justice while supporting the completion of lagging projects, including service, and we have included important projects, including Faw Port, Al-Bada Canal, strategic power stations, and social welfare support."

Al-Samarrai pointed out that “the Finance Committee sent the full text of the budget on February 15, except for paragraph 11 of the Kurdistan quota. A copy of the last political agreement to end the dispute over this paragraph was received on March 19 and discussed in the Finance Committee and it was included in the budget and it was signed within the committee. Sent to the Presidency of the House of Representatives.

He pointed out that "unfortunately, some political blocs objected to things and this harms the interest of the Iraqi people, and they must take into account the difficult economic conditions the Iraqi people are going through, and therefore they called on all the blocs to vote on passing the budget next Saturday."

Al-Samarrai said, "We fear political problems hindering the approval of the budget. The disagreement between some blocs is what prevented the passage of the budget, not the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil."

He emphasized that "it is not within the authority of the Parliamentary Finance Committee to add job grades. The committee has, among its powers, canceled salary deductions."

And on the talk about imposing taxes on citizens in the budget, Al-Samarrai indicated that “it is not correct for the Finance Committee to add new taxes on foodstuffs, imported food and mobile cards, no new taxes on citizens, and taxes were imposed on telecommunications companies and not on citizens.”

On the exchange rate of the dollar, the Vice-Chairman of the Finance Committee explained, "The exchange rate of the dollar is within the authority of the government and the central bank, and they can change the price and return it to the previous one, and the budget has nothing to do with that."

Yesterday, Saturday, the House of Representatives decided to postpone the session for voting on the budget for a full week.

The media department of the council said in a statement that "in view of the continuing discussions on the draft budget law and to give the competent committees the opportunity for further review and scrutiny, it was decided to postpone the vote on the draft budget law until Saturday, March 27, 2021 at one o'clock in the afternoon

Finance: Approval of the budget next week: its delay has negatively affected citizens

1616350022_172132021_13932834_1200854003

Baghdad / h. G

Today, Sunday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed the approval of the budget and passing it next week, while indicating that the delay in approving it had a negative impact on the citizens.

The Deputy Chairman of the Committee of Finance, Muthana al - Samarrai interview followed (and the Iraqi News Agency Information /) that " the Commission will approve the 2021 budget next week , " stressing that " the delay in approving the budget reflected negatively on the citizens."

Al-Samarrai added, "The representatives of the parliamentary blocs in the committee voted on the budget," explaining that "the budget has nothing to do with changing the exchange rate."

And, that "any deduction from salaries has been deleted," noting that "the budget included imposing taxes on some luxury goods, not essential for citizen