Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The judiciary reveals the reasons for the arrest of Sumaidaie

yota691

•  Time: 03/2021 15:09:07
  •  
  •  Read: 1,274 times

The judiciary reveals the reasons for the arrest of Sumaidaie

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Supreme Judicial Council revealed, on Saturday, the reasons behind the arrest of Ibrahim Al-Sumaida'i.

The Media Center of the Supreme Judicial Council stated in a statement that the Al Furat News Agency received a copy of it today that Ibrahim Al-Sumaida’i’s arrest came against the background of the issuance of an arrest warrant against him in accordance with Article 226 of the Penal Code following his attack on official institutions, describing them with bad qualities and phrases (it is not appropriate to mention them) It goes beyond the limits of the freedom of expression, which is constitutionally guaranteed, in return for money paid to it.
He added, "After the official holiday, he will be presented to the competent court for investigation and determination of his fate in light of this, using fundamental and legal measures."

Raghad Daham

• Upvote 1

Video .. the moment of the arrest of the political analyst Ibrahim Al-Sumaidaie

The moment of the arrest of the political analyst Ibrahim Al-Sumaidaie
80 views•Mar 20, 2021

2,120 Video 2021/03/20 14:30 am Baghdad today -

Baghdad Today, Saturday (March 20, 2021), a video tape showed the moment of the arrest of the political analyst Ibrahim Al-Sumaida'i, who was arrested yesterday evening. According to what appears in the video, which was recorded by the surveillance cameras, a security force of the police made up of five cars, whose security forces arrested al-Sumaida’i and handcuffed him. Earlier, the Presidency of Baghdad’s Al-Karkh Federal Court of Appeal issued an arrest and search warrant against political analyst Ibrahim Al-Sumaida’i. A document issued by the Baghdad Appeals Court Al-Karkh Federal, which was obtained by (Baghdad Today), the arrest and search warrant against Al-Sumaida'i on the charge of (insulting public authorities in one of the ways of publicity according to Article 226 of the Iraqi Penal Code). Article 226 states: (Any person who insults, in one of the public ways, the parliament, the government, the courts, the armed forces, or other statutory bodies, public authorities, departments, or official or semi-official departments shall be punished with imprisonment for a period not exceeding seven years or with imprisonment or a fine).

• Thanks 1

•  
 2021-03-20 01:56

Shafaq News / Iraq’s security forces arrested on Saturday the political analyst Ibrahim Al-Sumaidaie in Baghdad, according to a member of his family.

Exclusive information to Shafaq News Agency said yesterday evening a security force raided al-Sumaidie's house in Baghdad and arrested him for unexplained reasons.

Al-Sumaidaie is an Iraqi political analyst, lawyer, and journalist. He is a member of the Rafidain Center for Dialogue, and the editor-in-chief of Al-Zaman newspaper, as well as a former officer in the Iraqi army.

• Upvote 1

Today, Saturday, the Supreme Judicial Council issued a clarification regarding the arrest of political analyst Ibrahim Al-Sumaidaie.

The council said in a statement Alsumaria News obtained a copy of, that Al-Sumaida’i’s arrest came against the background of the issuance of an arrest warrant against him in accordance with Article 226 of the Penal Code following his attack on official institutions, describing them with bad qualities and expressions (not appropriate to mention) that go beyond the limits of freedom of expression. The guaranteed person is constitutionally in return for money paid to him.

The statement added, "He will be presented to the competent court after the official holiday ends, for investigation and determination of his fate in light of this, with fundamentalist and legal measures."
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Donziman said:

Arrested for saying bad things about the politicians. Guess what,this will be coming

to good old USA in the near future.

Already did happen with Dinesh DaZousa when he went after the Clintons. Nowadays they mysteriously die in 1 car accidents or 2 bullets to the back of the head that was determined to be “ Suicide “. 
They’re still finding more creative ways to “ silence “ the opposition.