Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump Recommends Supporters Get COVID-19 Vaccine

USA TODAY

'It's a great vaccine': Donald Trump recommends supporters get COVID-19 vaccine as polls show hesitancy

David Jackson, USA TODAY
Tue, March 16, 2021, 8:27 PM·3 min read

WASHINGTON – Former President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would urge his supporters to get the COVID-19 vaccine, but acknowledged that some of them may refuse in the name of "freedom."

"I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it," Trump told Fox News during a 20-minute telephone interview.

Trump noted "a lot of those people" who don't want the vaccine "voted for me, frankly. But ... again, we have our freedoms, and we have to live by that, and I agree with that also."

In early January, before leaving the White House, Trump and then-first lady Melania Trump received the vaccine, but did not disclose that fact publicly.

"It's a great vaccine, it's a safe vaccine and it's something that works," Trump told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo.

Surveys show that some people don't want to take the vaccine because they fear side effects or other medical problems, though repeated trials have proved the vaccines to be safe. Polls show that Republican men and Trump backers are among the top groups against getting a vaccine.

Trump was the only ex-president to not participate in a public service ad asking Americans to take the shots.

On Monday, Biden said he wouldn't wait on help from Trump in getting people vaccinated.

"I discussed it with my team," he said, "and they say the thing that has more impact than anything Trump would say to the MAGA folks is what the local doctor, what the local preacher, what the local people in the community say."

In his first speech since leaving office, former President Donald Trump accuses the Supreme Court of a lack of courage at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Fla., on Feb. 28.

In his first speech since leaving office, former President Donald Trump accuses the Supreme Court of a lack of courage at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Fla., on Feb. 28.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top medical expert for both Trump and Biden, had urged the former president to ask supporters to get vaccinated, saying it would make a huge difference.

"He's such a strongly popular person. I cannot imagine that if he comes out that they would not get vaccinated," Fauci said on "Fox News Sunday." "It would be very helpful to the effort for that to happen."

Trump – who contracted coronavirus in early October, in the heat of the presidential campaign – also expressed support for vaccinations during his Feb. 28 speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. "So, everybody, go get your shot," he told the crowd of backers.

During the Fox News interview, Trump also took credit for production of the vaccines, and criticized Biden for not giving him what he believes is proper credit. He also attacked Biden over immigration and the economy.

While again protesting the election and denouncing his critics, Trump said it's too early to say whether he will run again in 2024.

Trump also criticized Meghan Markle over her recent criticism of the British royal family, and scoffed at the news reports that she may be thinking of running for president.

"If that happened, I think I'd have an even stronger feeling toward running," Trump said, later adding: "I am not a fan of Meghan."

https://news.yahoo.com/great-vaccine-donald-trump-recommends-002729559.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Unless GOD HIMSELF tells me to take the vaccine, or I am forced to, it is not going to happen. 

I actually did ask God about it.  He said to take it, which I did.  Not saying that means everyone should.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

HuffPost

Trump Supporters Turn On Him Over COVID-19 Vaccine In Uncomfortable CNN Segment

Ed Mazza
·Overnight Editor, HuffPost
Thu, March 18, 2021, 5:03 AM

The coronavirus vaccine may be in short supply in much of the nation, but there are some communities where it’s a much harder sell, as CNN’s Gary Tuchman learned during a trip to Oklahoma.

In Boise City, Tuchman entered a diner and asked if anyone in the room was ready for the shot. In a county where 92 percent voted for former President Donald Trump in November, Tuchman’s query was met with silence. Not even Trump’s endorsement of the vaccine made a difference.

“Trump is a liberal New Yorker,” one Trump voter declared. “Why would we listen to him either?”

Another diner flat-out said “no” when asked if Trump’s endorsement would get him to take the vaccine.

Other diners rejected both science and government. Tuchman found much the same attitude elsewhere in the community.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/oklahoma-diner-coronavirus-shot-090301890.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Shedagal said:

I actually did ask God about it.  He said to take it, which I did.  Not saying that means everyone should.  

The US is still pretty much a free country......that freedom of choice allows citizens to make their own decisions on taking this vaccine....

I pray it remains so.....    CL

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

The millions of people who choose to get vaccinated, combined with the low percentages of people who will catch Covid a second time, and the millions who will continue to wear masks, should protect the skeptics who choose not to get vaccinated, pretty well.  Hopefully a third wave doesn't overtake the country before the majority gets their vaccinations.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1