Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stay tuned for a new manipulation of the dollar’s ​​price .. a decision that will produce losers and winners in the Iraqi street

yota691

16 hours ago, Laid Back said:

There are a lot of discussions these days regarding reviewing the exchange rate.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire.!

Go delete of 000

Go purchasing power

There are a lot of discussions these days regarding reviewing the exchange rate.

Go delete of 000

Go purchasing power

Yes agree 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Go delete of 000

Go purchasing power

Go delete of 000

Go purchasing power

Yes agree 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a refresher........................

Thanks mr. unlikley

mr.unlikely

• mr.unlikely
  • Members
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMartinez, ca.
  • Popular Post
  •  

https://www.bti-project.org/en/home/

8 | Currency and Price Stability

The government’s monetary policy since 2003 has focused on maintaining price stability and exchange rate predictability. The inflation has remained in the low since 2010. According to the CBI, the inflation rate is 1.4% (2015 estimates), while the World Bank estimates 2015 at -1.2%, and the country’s international reserve volume also has decreased due to the sharp decline in oil prices. The independence of the CBI suffered a setback in January 2011 when former Prime Minister al-Maliki won a court ruling that placed independent institutions, including the CBI, under the control of the cabinet. In January 2012, the CBI raised the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to $1.19, causing a huge crisis that led the Supreme Judicial Council to issue an arrest warrant for CBI governor Sinan al-Shabibi in October 2012 on charges of corruption. Al-Shabibi received a seven-year prison sentence in absentia 2014, shortly before being acquitted of all charges. The difference between the official and parallel exchange increased from three percent in 2015 to nine percent in May 2016. The CBI introduced a number of policies to keep inflation low. The dinar remained widely stable and was worth $1.71 in early 2017. 

This is an excerpt from the 36 page Iraq country report put out by BertelsmannSiftung regarding Iraq. I thought this might be of interest to anyone who was on the fence about the value of the Iraqi dinar as an investment for the future. I provided a link. I just about Shiite my pants when reading this. I hope you all enjoy the official price valuation provided by this research agency. Your comments are appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 3

40 minutes ago, kwg said:

I just about Shiite my pants when reading this

thanks KWG, not sure about the accuracy of the article not saying its fake or nothing but many here included myself have watched this like a hawk for many years and thats not what i remember how things went down, the reserves that iraq enjoys were set in place by shabibi's microeconomics policies he instituted at the cbi the man has stood before and with the wisest in economics and finance around the world and i sure dont ever remember a iqd rate north of one dollar best i saw was 1170 to 1 usd maliki wanted full access to the cbi reserves shabibi kept the corrupt thug from getting at the reserves twice it was only untill maliki charged shabs that maliki was able to install his corrupt cbi governors to raid the bank, im pretty confident England would not have hired a corrupt thief i'll stop with that boring hashed over history that  everyone knows ... but i like u am still hopeful for the future ......cheers 

3 hours ago, kwg said:

The 2018 BTI Report has been attached below country_report_2018_IRQ.pdf

Yes this a true an accurate report and yes they absolutely said the dinar should be worth the $1.71 as of 2017 even though the report came out in 2018 from my memory! Now we are 3+ years later which should give the value of the dinar an even higher rate. My late friend Tlar was extremely knowledgeable on this subject and we both thought even a year or so ago from this report the dinar should be worth somewhere around $1.90-$2.10 range and that was a little over a year and half ago I would say!! Fingers crossed again we are at the finish line and I fully believe Iraq can support atleast $2.10+ now, whether or not they come out at this rate who knows but I am also in the camp that does NOT believe they will come out at a low teaser rate to suck in the dinars before raising the value!! That is total guru nonsense period because NONE of the dinar outside of Iraq will ever go back to Iraq!! Iraq Does Not have to cover the dinars outside of a Iraq with their reserves they are only responsible for covering what is INSIDE of Iraq hence why they have desperately been trying to squeeze as much of the mattress dinars from the citizens and get them into the bank before they raise the value! Most of the citizens now are too smart for that and are just waiting and at some point they will have to RV their currency no matter what!!

Edited by Dinarrock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

4 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

Yes this a true an accurate report and yes they absolutely said the dinar should be worth the $1.71 as of 2017 even though the report came out in 2018 from my memory! Now we are 3+ years later which should give the value of the dinar an even higher rate. My late friend Tlar was extremely knowledgeable on this subject and we both thought even a year or so ago from this report the dinar should be worth somewhere around $1.90-$2.10 range and that was a little over a year and half ago I would say!! Fingers crossed again we are at the finish line and I fully believe Iraq can support system" rel="">support atleast $2.10+ now, whether or not they come out at this rate who knows but I am also in the camp that does NOT believe they will come out at a low teaser rate to suck in the dinars before raising the value!! That is total guru nonsense period because NONE of the dinar outside of Iraq will ever go back to Iraq!! Iraq Does Not have to cover the dinars outside of a Iraq with their reserves they are only responsible for covering what is INSIDE of Iraq hence why they have desperately been trying to squeeze as much of the mattress dinars from the citizens and get them into the bank before they raise the value! Most of the citizens now are too smart for that and are just waiting and at some point they will have to RV their currency no matter what!!

$2.10. I can live with that rate too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

Yes this a true an accurate report and yes they absolutely said the dinar should be worth the $1.71 as of 2017 even though the report came out in 2018 from my memory! Now we are 3+ years later which should give the value of the dinar an even higher rate. My late friend Tlar was extremely knowledgeable on this subject and we both thought even a year or so ago from this report the dinar should be worth somewhere around $1.90-$2.10 range and that was a little over a year and half ago I would say!! Fingers crossed again we are at the finish line and I fully believe Iraq can support system" rel="">support atleast $2.10+ now, whether or not they come out at this rate who knows but I am also in the camp that does NOT believe they will come out at a low teaser rate to suck in the dinars before raising the value!! That is total guru nonsense period because NONE of the dinar outside of Iraq will ever go back to Iraq!! Iraq Does Not have to cover the dinars outside of a Iraq with their reserves they are only responsible for covering what is INSIDE of Iraq hence why they have desperately been trying to squeeze as much of the mattress dinars from the citizens and get them into the bank before they raise the value! Most of the citizens now are too smart for that and are just waiting and at some point they will have to RV their currency no matter what!!

I miss Tlar, he was a pretty smart guy on all of this, I firmly believe that they can easily support a 2.00 to 2.50 rate now.

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

12 hours ago, kwg said:

The 2018 BTI Report has been attached below country_report_2018_IRQ.pdf

When i read page 21 on number #8) currency and price stability.

A.) In january 2012, the cbi raised the exchange rate of the iraq dinar to $1.19 ( 1 iqd=$1.19 ). My question is how many did the dinar investors already cash in at the rate $1.19? ( don't tell me that none of the dinar investors didn't know that the rate was 1 iqd=$1.19 ).

B.) The dinar remained widely stable and was worth $1.71 in early 2017. Again, My question is how many did the dinar investors already cash in at the rate $1.71? Again, don't tell me that none of dinar investors didn't know that the rate was 1 iqd=$1.71.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rvmydinar said:

When i read page 21 on number #8) currency and price stability.

A.) In january 2012, the cbi raised the exchange rate of the iraq dinar to $1.19 ( 1 iqd=$1.19 ). My question is how many did the dinar investors already cash in at the rate $1.19? ( don't tell me that none of the dinar investors didn't know that the rate was 1 iqd=$1.19 ).

B.) The dinar remained widely stable and was worth $1.71 in early 2017. Again, My question is how many did the dinar investors already cash in at the rate $1.71? Again, don't tell me that none of dinar investors didn't know that the rate was 1 iqd=$1.71.

Could it be referring to $1.19 per 1000?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, southbeach said:

What?

Yea right.  

The Dinar was NEVER at that rate then.  Only once was there an apparent mistake when it was on the CBI website at around $5.19-$5.21.   Safe Dinar stopped selling and It was corrected almost immediately.  

• Upvote 1

the iqd never had a exchange rate of 1.19 in jan. 2012 spend some time and research the iqd exchange rate history ,  it was 1165 , we're all free to believe what we want the report is misleading and filled with misinformation mixed with facts imo , anyone who was following the news then instead of hype knew at the time Maliki had a federal pocket judge in step with whatever he needed to accomplish and removing shabibi was one of their cooked up schemes , of course the man was acquitted it was all trumped up charges and Selah the ( current advisor to the PM ) was released from jail along with the other cbi personal maliki jailed  .

when the iqd was first pegged to the USD from the british pound it has / had never had a value below 2.00 so yeah it could support a value of 1.71 today it did for years and years , different times for sure but iraq produces much more oil now than then also and on and on... Having to wait is the only thing that we know is %100 true.

Oct 17, 2012

Yesterday [Oct.16], sources in the Central Bank of Iraq said that the Iranian lobby in Iraq has finally managed to persuade Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to suspend the bank’s governor, Sinan al-Shabibi, and his deputy, Mudher Mohammad Saleh, from their posts. 

It must be noted that Shabibi and his deputy were able to reduce the smuggling of hundreds of millions of dollars from Iraq to Iran.

According to sources in Baghdad, Shabibi, who was representing Iraq at a conference in Tokyo, has yet to return to Baghdad and is likely to head to Switzerland, where he used to reside. However, he was seen on London’s Oxford Street yesterday [Oct.16], a reliable source in London said.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/business/2012/10/warrant-issued-for-iraqs-central-bank-governor.html

38 minutes ago, stanleypower said:

Could it be referring to $1.19 per 1000?

When someone read on page 21 on price and stability, it clearly stated that " in january 2012, the cbi raised the exchange rate of the iraq dinar to $1.19 ( 1 iqd=$1.19 ) " and " the dinar remained widely stable and was worth $1.71 ( 1 iqd=$1.71 ) in early 2017 ". My question is were these both rates $1.19 and $1.71 just all talked talked talked BS and didn't really revalue at that time ( in january 2012 and in early 2017 )?

• Pow! 1

45 minutes ago, JonnyV said:

Yea right.  

The Dinar was NEVER at that rate then.  Only once was there an apparent mistake when it was on the CBI website at around $5.19-$5.21.   Safe Dinar stopped selling and It was corrected almost immediately.  

Do you know How long and what year did those both rates $5.19 - $5.21 stay there on the cbi website? I wish i saw both rates $5.19 - $5.21 on the cbi website at that time and then, immediately run like hell to the bank and cashed all in and never looked back.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

the iqd never had a exchange rate of 1.19 in jan. 2012 spend some time and research the iqd exchange rate history ,  it was 1165 , we're all free to believe what we want the report is misleading and filled with misinformation mixed with facts imo , anyone who was following the news then instead of hype knew at the time Maliki had a federal pocket judge in step with whatever he needed to accomplish and removing shabibi was one of their cooked up schemes , of course the man was acquitted it was all trumped up charges and Selah the ( current advisor to the PM ) was released from jail along with the other cbi personal maliki jailed  .

when the iqd was first pegged to the USD from the british pound it has / had never had a value below 2.00 so yeah it could support system" rel="">support a value of 1.71 today it did for years and years , different times for sure but iraq produces much more oil now than then also and on and on... Having to wait is the only thing that we know is %100 true.

Oct 17, 2012

Yesterday [Oct.16], sources in the Central Bank of Iraq said that the Iranian lobby in Iraq has finally managed to persuade Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to suspend the bank’s governor, Sinan al-Shabibi, and his deputy, Mudher Mohammad Saleh, from their posts. 

It must be noted that Shabibi and his deputy were able to reduce the smuggling of hundreds of millions of dollars from Iraq to Iran.

According to sources in Baghdad, Shabibi, who was representing Iraq at a conference in Tokyo, has yet to return to Baghdad and is likely to head to Switzerland, where he used to reside. However, he was seen on London’s Oxford Street yesterday [Oct.16], a reliable source in London said.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/business/2012/10/warrant-issued-for-iraqs-central-bank-governor.html

So what was written ( both rates $1.19 and $1.71 ) in the report were totally wrong and all lies and those made up rates were for entertainment purpose only? What would they do that?

10 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

Yes this a true an accurate report and yes they absolutely said the dinar should be worth the $1.71 as of 2017 even though the report came out in 2018 from my memory! 

So if the report was really really true, then did both rates $1.19 ( january 2012 ) and $1.71 ( early 2017 ) really really show up on the cbi website at that time? Does that mean the iqd really really revalued at $1.19 and $1.71 at that time? And did noone know about this revaluation ( two rates $1.19 and $1.71 ) at that time before the report came out in 2018?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rvmydinar said:

So what was written ( both rates $1.19 and $1.71 ) in the report were totally wrong and all lies and those made up rates were for entertainment purpose only? What would they do that?

rvmydinar relax that was just a report not an official report doc. from the IMF im not calling anyone out to be liars , shabbs was on the move for iraq back then and spoke a lot about monetary policies and often spoke of the currency and its value it wasn't like the crickets we get out of the cbi today but yes there was no official iqd rate of 1.19 in 2012 the reports 1.71 figure was a number they stated iraq could support, maliki was ramping up corruption to high gear we just cant live and die from the news or reports as everyone knows iraq rarely follows timelines like most countries and blows past dates as if there wasn't any, i will say when something absolutely has to get done it somehow does especially when it involves parliament members getting money .  im done with this topic  🤣

• Upvote 1