Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Only A Third Of Americans Think Biden's Stimulus Bill Is Too Big, Survey Finds

Business Insider

Only a third of Americans think Biden's stimulus bill is too big, survey finds

Ayelet Sheffey
Tue, March 9, 2021, 2:58 PM

joe biden

President Joe Biden. Samuel Corum/Getty Images
  • A Pew survey found that only a third of Americans think Biden's stimulus bill is too big.

• While Republican lawmakers oppose the size of the bill, the majority of Republican voters support it.

• Regardless of party affiliation, lower-income households support the size; some say it's too low.

•  

President Joe Biden's stimulus bill is expected to reach its final vote on Wednesday, and according to a recent survey, only a third of Americans think the bill is too big.

Since it was first introduced, Republican lawmakers have argued that the stimulus bill Democrats have pushed through using reconciliation is too costly, and a group of Republican senators even proposed a counter-stimulus bill that was a third the size of Biden's. But according to a survey released on Tuesday from the Pew Research Center, the majority of Americans don't see an issue with the size of the bill.

"As the House of Representatives prepares to give final approval to the Biden administration's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, a sizable majority of US adults (70%) say they favor the legislation," the survey said. "Only about three-in-ten (28%) oppose the bill, which provides economic aid to businesses, individuals and state and local governments."

Here are the main findings of the survey:

• 82% of Americans in lower-income households favor the bill, compared to 60% of upper-income households;

• 63% of lower-income Republicans favor the bill, compared to the 25% of upper-income Republicans;

• And 41% of Americans say the proposed spending on the bill is "about right," with 46% of upper-income Americans saying it spends too much and 37% of lower-income Americans saying it spends too little.

The survey also found that 94% of Democrats support the bill, with 56% saying the spending is appropriate.

Despite the partisan divide in Congress, Insider previously reported on multiple findings from the past month that suggested broad public - and Republican - support for Biden's stimulus package. For example, a Morning Consult/Politico poll from February 24 found that 60% of Republicans support the bill, and some provisions in the bill, like the $1,400 stimulus checks, have garnered Republican support.

In addition, Biden and progressive lawmakers have pushed to ensure the measures in the stimulus bill will aid those most hit by the pandemic, including lower-income Americans. A new analysis from the Tax Policy Center found that the stimulus will give the poorest Americans a 20.1% income boost after taxes, and the Pew survey found that regardless of party affiliation, those in lower-income groups approved of, or wanted to see more, spending.

"Reflecting the income pattern among all Americans, within both partisan groups, those with lower incomes are more likely than those with higher incomes to say the proposed spending on the economic bill is not enough," the survey said.

https://news.yahoo.com/only-third-americans-think-bidens-195835282.html

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:
Business Insider

Only a third of Americans think Biden's stimulus bill is too big, survey finds

Ayelet Sheffey
Tue, March 9, 2021, 2:58 PM

joe biden

President Joe Biden. Samuel Corum/Getty Images
  • A Pew survey found that only a third of Americans think Biden's stimulus bill is too big.

• While Republican lawmakers oppose the size of the bill, the majority of Republican voters support system" rel="">support it.

• Regardless of party affiliation, lower-income households support system" rel="">support the size; some say it's too low.

•  

President Joe Biden's stimulus bill is expected to reach its final vote on Wednesday, and according to a recent survey, only a third of Americans think the bill is too big.

Since it was first introduced, Republican lawmakers have argued that the stimulus bill Democrats have pushed through using reconciliation is too costly, and a group of Republican senators even proposed a counter-stimulus bill that was a third the size of Biden's. But according to a survey released on Tuesday from the Pew Research Center, the majority of Americans don't see an issue with the size of the bill.

"As the House of Representatives prepares to give final approval to the Biden administration's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, a sizable majority of US adults (70%) say they favor the legislation," the survey said. "Only about three-in-ten (28%) oppose the bill, which provides economic aid to businesses, individuals and state and local governments."

Here are the main findings of the survey:

• 82% of Americans in lower-income households favor the bill, compared to 60% of upper-income households;

• 63% of lower-income Republicans favor the bill, compared to the 25% of upper-income Republicans;

• And 41% of Americans say the proposed spending on the bill is "about right," with 46% of upper-income Americans saying it spends too much and 37% of lower-income Americans saying it spends too little.

The survey also found that 94% of Democrats support system" rel="">support the bill, with 56% saying the spending is appropriate.

Despite the partisan divide in Congress, Insider previously reported on multiple findings from the past month that suggested broad public - and Republican - support system" rel="">support for Biden's stimulus package. For example, a Morning Consult/Politico poll from February 24 found that 60% of Republicans support the bill, and some provisions in the bill, like the $1,400 stimulus checks, have garnered Republican support system" rel="">support.

In addition, Biden and progressive lawmakers have pushed to ensure the measures in the stimulus bill will aid those most hit by the pandemic, including lower-income Americans. A new analysis from the Tax Policy Center found that the stimulus will give the poorest Americans a 20.1% income boost after taxes, and the Pew survey found that regardless of party affiliation, those in lower-income groups approved of, or wanted to see more, spending.

"Reflecting the income pattern among all Americans, within both partisan groups, those with lower incomes are more likely than those with higher incomes to say the proposed spending on the economic bill is not enough," the survey said.

https://news.yahoo.com/only-third-americans-think-bidens-195835282.html

GO RV, then BV

Not only is to big, only 9% of it is actually for COVID rescue !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Pork has always been a problem.....political party makes no difference when it comes to that.

GO RV, then BV

It should be called Rescue all Bill , maybe more people would want to what’s in it then 

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1

6 minutes ago, Shelley said:

It should be called Rescue all Bill , maybe more people would want to what’s in it then 

With respect to American workers and small businesses still hurting from the pandemic fallout, what makes this stimulus less crucial to those folks, than the one's given out by Trump.....DJT actually wanted to give $2000 dollars to Americans as he was on his way out the door.....Would you have supported that?  Are you upset with the bill or simply because Biden is behind it?

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

8 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

With respect to American workers and small businesses still hurting from the pandemic fallout, what makes this stimulus less crucial to those folks, than the one's given out by Trump.....DJT actually wanted to give $2000 dollars to Americans as he was on his way out the door.....Would you have supported that?  Are you upset with the bill or simply because Biden is behind it?

GO RV, then BV

Will you be posting anything  about governor Abbots press conference about the crises at the border yesterday?? He and others had some wonderful things to say about your awesome guy joe Biden and the Biden administration I look forward to seeing or reading it again 👍

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

2 minutes ago, "Fred" said:

Will you be posting anything  about governor Abbots press conference about the crises at the border yesterday?? He and others had some wonderful things to say about your awesome guy joe Biden and the Biden administration I look forward to seeing or reading it again 👍

I was asked to post something positive about President Biden, and I chose this....because it helps people in need.  Yes it's loaded with fat, but every bill for the last century has been.  It really doesn't matter at this point what I post....it will get torn down.  No, I will not be posting about Texas or governor Abbott.

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Nothing about COVID rescue upsets me if the majority of it was for COVID relief .  I truly don’t care whose name is attached to it.  I also believe Biden doesn’t even know what’s in the Bill 

I do wonder if prisoner’s received checks the last two go arounds ? From what I hear (how true ?) prisoner’s  like the Boston bomber and Bernie Maddoff will now be entitled to checks

that doesn’t make any sense to me 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Pow! 1

17 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

If my math is correct this will bring the total to $8 trillion thrown at the covid problem the past year....with over a trillion of previous funds yet to be disbursed....

Wouldn't it be nice if they could write, and pass, clean Bill's that were problem specific?

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

I was asked to post something positive about President Biden, and I chose this....because it helps people in need.  Yes it's loaded with fat, but every bill for the last century has been.  It really doesn't matter at this point what I post....it will get torn down.  No, I will not be posting about Texas or governor Abbott.

GO RV, then BV

I didn’t think it would fit into your narrative 👍

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Just now, Shelley said:

Nothing about COVID rescue upsets me if the majority of it was for COVID relief .  I truly don’t care whose name is attached to it.  I also believe Biden doesn’t even know what’s in the Bill 

I do wonder if prisoner’s received checks the last two go arounds ? From what I hear (how true ?) prisoner’s  like the Boston bomber and Bernie Maddoff will now be entitled to checks

that doesn’t make any sense to me 🤦🏻‍♀️

And I heard those same folks received checks in the first two rounds.....but I've yet to see proof of any of it.  Just talk.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

If my math is correct this will bring the total to $8 trillion thrown at the covid problem the past year....with over a trillion of previous funds yet to be disbursed....

Wouldn't it be nice if they could write, and pass, clean Bill's that were problem specific?

More math.....$8 trillion ....330 million legal citizens....$24,000 each.....

Of course they did spend some $billions on the vaccine programs.....but as usual with the government....the numbers don't add up.....CL

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, "Fred" said:

The narrative about how good you think the Biden administration is and how bad Donald Trump and his administration was 

That is how I feel about the last administration......but this thread has nothing to do with that.  This is about a round of covid stimulus, just like the previous two, by that previous administration, that I thought were good things for struggling American families as well.  I must also glean from your remarks here and in other threads, particularly with the use of memes, that you feel exactly the opposite (i.e. 'narrative').

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Downvote 1

Stop printing money and let people get back to work.

Pretty simple. Honest hard working people would rather work than get a hand out.

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask. My body, my choice. Protect the elderly. Use common sense. Wash your hands. 

Don't pick your nose and then stick your finger in your eye. 

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 5

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Are you upset with the bill or simply because Biden is behind it?

Right!!!!!!!!!

The evil Democratic Communist party is going to do whatever they want. And that is MOST DEFINITELY going to destroy the Dollar. People need to desperately WAKE UP and stop B/Aching about something we no longer control.

And take the money the left is giving you to BUY SILVER. 

If you don't have some when the dollar collapses by the end of the year  you are going to be in a world of Shite. 

• Pow! 2

They could have sent 330 Million Americans a Million each and been further ahead ........But then those in Power wouldn't be getting the Kick Backs and lining their pocket with foreign Aid Money would they?

I will just leave this right here and run along.

May be an image of standing

Karsten

• Pow! 3