Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Halbousi: Present the budget to a vote soon, and we are proceeding with the legislation of the oil and gas law

yota691

Iraqi Parliament Approves Budget of $89 Billion for 2021

Iraq’s parliament has approved the state budget for 2021, after weeks of wrangling amid a severe economic and financial crisis spurred by low oil prices and the pandemic.

BAGHDAD (AP) — IRAQ’S parliament on Wednesday approved the state budget for 2021, after weeks of wrangling amid a severe economic and financial crisis spurred by low oil prices and the pandemic.

The new budget was approved at a late night session at 129 trillion Iraqi dinars ($89 billion) and a budget deficit estimated at 28.7 trillion trillion Iraqi dinars ($19.79 billion).

The 2021 budget set an oil price of $45 a barrel with expected oil exports of 3.25 million barrels per day.

Oil-rich Iraq is going through an acute economic and financial crisis largely due to low crude prices. In December, Iraq's Central Bank devalued the Iraqi dinar by over 20% in response to a severe liquidity crisis, a measure that sparked public outrage as the government struggled to cover its expenses.

It was the first reduction in exchange rates that the Iraqi government has made in decades.

Since an oil price crash last year, Iraq has been grappling with an unprecedented liquidity crisis. The crude-exporting country has had to borrow from the bank’s dollar reserves to pay the nearly $5 billion in monthly fees for public salaries and pensions. Oil revenues, which account for 90% of the budget, have brought in an average of $3.5 billion.

Efforts to introduce reforms have been met with opposition and to date, the government has been borrowing internally to foot state bills. The 2020 budget was not passed due to political deadlock.

The parliament on Wednesday also voted to dissolve itself on October 7, three days before Iraq is to hold general elections.

Copyright 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

To begin with . . . down the other half of the bottle cuz that will really be cause for a mighty celebration cuz if'n they RV . . . THAT WILL REALLY BLOW MY MIND !!!!:lol:

Then after I regain consciousness, drag that bottle of Moet champagne that's been stored in a box since 2004 when I started this fracking Odyssey and celebrate with the wife. 18 years of waiting is a very long time.

Here' s to the possible end of this Odyssey :drunk:

Solid plan my friend!! 👍🏻   :tiphat:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

I will bet the farm they are going to come out with a article stating that the budget has not been completed before the day is over. Some of these traitors are working for Iran and don't want the budget to be passed and Maliki is the main one!! How in the hell is he still part of the Government? Maliki needs to be beheaded in public to set an example. A convoy was bombed earlier  yesterday and as long as they continue this BS Iran will make their move to derail everything...Damn idiots!! 

I think you just lost the farm, Greedy!  I believe these guys actually pulled it off!!  :mexican:

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

Yea Halfcrazyrunner, I have to eat those words and I am glad I didn't bet my dinar. The auctions have been cancelled, the reduced exchange rate is deleting the zeros by pulling in the large notes in the Country, The International Community is ready to invest and the new CBI building will be ready in 2022. Once they pass the HCL we will really be rolling!! None of this has happened since I have been invested in the dinar!! I can't see them doing all of this and waiting another 4 years to RV!! Go Iraq Go!! Show the world how powerful yall really are and be a beacon of success in the Middle East!! GO RV!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

Yea Halfcrazyrunner, I have to eat those words and I am glad I didn't bet my dinar. The auctions have been cancelled, the reduced exchange rate is deleting the zeros by pulling in the large notes in the Country, The International Community is ready to invest and the new CBI building will be ready in 2022. Once they pass the HCL we will really be rolling!! None of this has happened since I have been invested in the dinar!! I can't see them doing all of this and waiting another 4 years to RV!! Go Iraq Go!! Show the world how powerful yall really are and be a beacon of success in the Middle East!! GO RV!!!

I’m all out of 🏆💙⬆️ today already 😆

Im sure you’ve never been this happy to be wrong!  I know it’s been hard for me to stay optimistic, but this is definitely the most positive I’ve felt in 10+ years!!

GO RV!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 2

After boycotting the voting session, the state of law announces its support for what was stated in the 2021 budget

{Policy: Al Furat News} The State of Law bloc announced, on Thursday, its support for what was stated in the 2021 budget, which was approved by the House of Representatives yesterday evening Wednesday.

The bloc stated, in a statement that the Euphrates News received a copy of, that "its honorable audience and all the sons of the Iraqi people pledged to go ahead and persevere in any position in which they support and support them and achieve the supreme interests of the country."
She emphasized that "its negotiators and deputies made great efforts and practiced their work and what is required by the national duty with full dedication and imagination in order to lift the articles and paragraphs that contain injustice and havoc." Those that were reformulated and others were added in the interest of the Iraqi people. "
The bloc indicated "its work over a period of months in order to lift all that harms the Iraqi people from the draft budget, including reducing external borrowing, equality and justice in the distribution of wealth among all governorates of Iraq, defending the families of martyrs, prisoners, detainees and detainees, lifting the paragraphs that harm them, closing corruption outlets and preserving property." The state, its assets and infrastructure, pressure of unnecessary and wasteful expenditures, and the allocation of job grades for contract holders, lecturers, and other demands that they made clear in their positions announced in statements, press conferences and official letters documented with the Presidency of the Parliament and the Finance Committee.
She concluded her statement that "one of the bloc’s pride in its stances is that the voting session on the budget, which came based on its firm and principled position and affirmation of its slogan in the service of the citizens of the Iraqi people, does not compromise on their issues and rights. We pledge the people to continue this line and approach that places the interest of the Iraqi citizen above all." Consideration without courtesy or narrow interests. "
A representative source revealed {Lafat News} about "the withdrawal of the State of Law and National Approach blocs from the voting session on the General Budget Law for the year 2021, which was held immediately under the chairmanship of Muhammad al-Halbousi, Chairman of the Council."
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

• Thanks 1