Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Halbousi: Present the budget to a vote soon, and we are proceeding with the legislation of the oil and gas law

yota691

Kurdistan24 Erbil 

Iraqi Parliament

Iraqi Parliament

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) - The Kurdistan 24 correspondent said that the Iraqi Council of Representatives postponed the holding of the special session to vote on the draft fiscal budget for 2022, until seven in the evening, Sunday.

Shafan Jabbari said that the session was scheduled to take place at 3 pm today, Sunday, but the session was postponed to 7 pm today.

The media department of the House of Representatives announced in a statement that "discussions of political blocs and forces with the government and its concerned ministries are continuing on the draft budget bill, and accordingly the Presidency of the Council decided that the voting session on the law will be today Sunday, March 28, 2021 at seven in the evening."

Shafan Jabbari said that the three Iraqi presidencies are currently meeting with the Kurdistan Region negotiating delegation, heads of parliamentary blocs and the Finance Committee outside the House of Representatives building, to discuss finding solutions to the draft financial budget.

Ahmed bracelet

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Parliament postpones the session of voting on the budget to seven o'clock in the evening

{Politics: Al Furat News} The Presidency of the House of Representatives postponed the voting session on the fiscal budget bill for 2021 until Sunday evening.

A representative source told {Al-Furat News} a copy of it that "discussions of political blocs and forces continue with the government and its relevant ministries on the draft budget bill, and therefore the Presidency of the Council of Representatives decided that the voting session on the law will take place at seven o'clock today, Sunday."
The parliament session was scheduled to be held today at exactly three o'clock.
Regarding the points of contention involved in the budget law, the Parliamentary Economic Committee said, "There are two basic points on which they disagree, the first related to oil in the Kurdistan region and the other to change the price of the dollar," affirming that "the existence of any guarantees between the Kurdish delegation and political forces will resolve the dispute and go to vote on the budget in Today's session. "
Ammar Al-Masoudi

• Pow! 6

8 hours ago, yota691 said:
With the start of the countdown ... a parliamentary bloc announces a boycott of the budget voting session

{Policy: Al Furat News} The National Approach bloc announced a boycott of the voting session on the 2021 budget, to be held at exactly three o'clock this afternoon, Sunday.

The bloc stated, in a statement received {Al Furat News} a copy of it, "We draw the attention of Parliament to take into account the following remarks: -
1. We demand that detailed tables of expenditures be distributed to all ministries and agencies not associated with a ministry and the various state institutions attached to the budget law for the year 2021, because this reflects the principle of transparency and facilitates Control over the safety and realism of spending
2. We demand that the exchange rate of the dollar be restored to its previous level in order to avoid severe economic and social damage
3. We demand that Article (11) include the following text (The region is obligated to deliver (460) thousand barrels in full and all that is in excess to a company ( Sumo) and all its non-oil revenues to the public treasury .. and in the event that it refuses to do so, no dues are paid to the region. The violator bears the legal responsibility for that.
4- We demand the abolition of Article (38) which permits the privatization of all productive and service sectors of the state and allows the participation of investors and contractors in the ownership of oil and gas fields, power stations, Iraqi Airways aircraft and government banks.
5- We demand the abolition of the two articles (42 and 41) that allow the sale of state-owned agricultural lands to those who have the right to dispose of a value much less than its real value and will create widespread social conflicts.
6- We demand the abolition of Article (47) which permits the sale of the state’s financial assets, including industrial, infrastructure, and others.
7- We demand the cancellation of new foreign loans, as they have far-reaching consequences for the country's sovereignty and economy.
8- We refuse to authorize the Minister of Finance to issue sovereign guarantees.
9- We reject the article that proposes that the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Defense contract with private sector companies to run newly constructed hospitals.
10- We reject the additive article that requires the Ministry of Education to invite the private sector to implement printing of textbooks, and we suggest restricting it to public state companies only.
11- We reject the new article that allows governorates to contract with developers because they will witness secondary speculation on the one hand, and through these projects it is intended to charge the citizen the cost of building the infrastructure of health services, electricity, water and sewage streams to increase the profits of the developers (investors)!
12- We warn against adding any article to the budget that includes the dead ISIS terrorist with the rights of the Martyrs Institution Law, and we consider this a weakening of the efforts and sacrifices in the fight against blind terrorism.
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

My Dinar Vets Demands:

1-I demand Iraq politicians stop being such morons 😖

2-I demand to not give a **** about dead terrorists☠️

3-I demand Iraq to trade currency with the world, so people of Iraq get rich🤑

4-I demand to be rich🤑

5-I demand you Iraqis pull your nose out of your camel's rear and realize we are trying to make you rich

😍🍕:bananacamel:👃😍

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

6 minutes ago, stanleypower said:

Unfortunately the people in control of Iraq are already rich through corruption. 

I demand that you be wrong. Unfortunately you are right.

New demand: I demand the corrupt leaders realize they could steal even more money, if they allowed their Dinar to be traded. I demand they increase their greed. 🤑:bagofmoney:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

15 minutes ago, Rochester said:

I demand that you be wrong. Unfortunately you are right.

New demand: I demand the corrupt leaders realize they could steal even more money, if they allowed their Dinar to be traded. I demand they increase their greed. 🤑:bagofmoney:

I don’t really understand why these guys don’t take the billions of Dinar they hold and just call it a day. Let it revalue and be set for generations. When is it enough??? They clearly don’t have a care in the world for the people of their country. 

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

I don't think they have any intentions of passing the budget anytime SOON! I don't know what their intentions are of stalling the budget but if it has anything to do with the exchange rate they can forget. The CBI recently released an article stating only the CBI has the decision EXCLUSIVLEY to adjust the exchange rate. I pay attention to positive things happening like the massive port being built, the scheduled completion of the New CBI, the cancellation of the auctions, the opening 0f over 100 factories etc. which should lead them to an open market. If you follow what the GOI does you will be discouraged. I am not expecting a RV in the coming days, that's just my opinion. Go Iraq Go RV!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

What time is it in Baghdad, is it 7 pm 

When it is 7 pm in Iraq it will be 11 am here in Minnesota. So nope it's not 7 there yet.  It's only 6:18 pm there.  Dont worry it will be postponed again, well that's what they are good at (postponing things)

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Engine1 said:

When it is 7 pm in Iraq it will be 11 am here in Minnesota. So nope it's not 7 there yet.  It's only 6:18 pm there.  Dont worry it will be postponed again, well that's what they are good at (postponing things)

hopefully this time they postpone the postponement and go ahead and vote

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

Okay, I’ll chime in.... I demand that everyone stop demanding ( or suggesting ) that their demands take precedence or are more important over perceived lesser demands made by other self important people who have their own demands, wherein those demanding their demands appear to be more important demands than those whose demands were made prior to those who came late to the party with their demands which in fact may or may not be more or less demanding-it’s stressful & well, demanding. 

Carry on .... ( I think that’s a pretty decent run on sentence for not even having my first cup O coffee )

While I’m at it.... I demand the Military arrest every last government obstructionist standing in the way of Iraq’s future: I think we all know & understand what needs to happen next.

Lets just say we all ride VERY HAPPILY off into the sunset, uh faster than “soon”

• Upvote 4

Al-Halbousi chairs a meeting of the Finance Committee to discuss completing the requirements of the budget law legislation

{Policy: Al Furat News} Speaker of Parliament, Muhammad Al-Halbousi, chaired, on Sunday, the meeting of the Finance Committee to complete the budget discussion.

A representative source said {for the Euphrates News} that "the Speaker of Parliament now chairs the meeting of the Finance Committee to discuss the completion of the requirements of the legislation of the Federal Budget Law for the fiscal year 2021."
The Parliamentary Finance Committee will hold a meeting to finalize the paragraphs on which the amendments have been made in the 2021 budget, before the voting session this evening, to be held at exactly seven o'clock in the evening.
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

•  Time: 03/28/2021 17:02:07
  •  
  •  Read: 2,665 times
A deputy from Al-Fateh excludes voting on the budget today: disputes continue

{Policy: Al-Furat News} The deputy of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Uday Shaalan Abu El-Jon, ruled out the decision on the budget law in the evening session to be held today, Sunday.

Abu Al-Joun said in a statement, which {Al Furat News} received a copy of, that "the federal budget came out of its general and natural framework in setting the state's financial policy for one year, to demands and dictations far from reality in an attempt to impose wills and to achieve narrow gains from During emptying the budget from its content. "
He added, "The current situation, despite the continuous attempts to reach consensus, does not make us feel that there is a possibility to pass it in today's session or reach a final agreement within the next few hours."
Abu Al-Joun pointed out that "the situation is in front of three options. Either vote on some of the budget articles today and leave the rest until another day until it is agreed upon, or put more than one proposal for each controversial article and leave the choice to parliament members, or postpone all the budget to another day, which is the closest option." According to the current data. "
The committee will hold a meeting to finalize the paragraphs on which amendments have been made in the 2021 budget, before the voting session this evening, to be held at exactly seven o'clock in the evening.
Wafa Al-Fatlawi

Al-Bajari reveals {to Euphrates News} the latest developments in the budget ahead of the discount session

{Policy: Al Furat News} The representative of the Iraqi coalition, Zahra Al-Bajari, revealed the latest developments in the federal budget for the year 2021, ahead of the discount session that will be held this evening, Sunday.

Al-Bajari confirmed {to the Euphrates News} "the desire of all political blocs to pass the draft budget law in today's session with reservations on some paragraphs."
She added, "There are reports of the end of the dispute over the region’s share and an agreement on it."
Al-Bajari pointed to "affirming the lecturers' section in the Ministry of Education and Contracts in the budget and excluding the daily procedure from it."
 With regard to the exchange rate of the dollar in the budget, Al-Bajari explained, "There is consensus to change it; but we are waiting for the opinion of the majority." 
The committee held a meeting chaired by Muhammad al-Halbousi, Speaker of Parliament, to finalize the paragraphs on which the amendments were made in the 2021 budget, before the voting session scheduled to be held at exactly seven o'clock this evening.

Wafa Al-Fatlawi

•  Time: 03/28/2021 19:38:33
  •  
  •  Read: 1,716 times
Finance and Planning Ministers arrive in Parliament

{Locality: Al Furat News} The Minister of Finance, Ali Allawi and Planning, Khaled Battal Al-Najm, arrived at the House of Representatives building.

Parliament is scheduled to hold a session this evening to vote on the draft federal budget bill for 2021.

Ammar Al-Masoudi

• Upvote 1