Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tuesday Afternoon Opinions @ 4:22 PM CST - 3/02/2021

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. :twothumbs:RON

*** Pimpy *** This  [Recently discussed tweet from the Iraqi Government]  is old.  These were the words of the Finance Minister before the rate change happened {When they devalued in December}.  There's no date on this tweet...I'm pretty sure this is something that was said sometime in December or at least it was said in an article before the rate change happened when they first were talking about the White Paper reforms.  I don't want you to get down.  It's not bad news.  This is just  'look at everybody jumping on this like they're going to change the rate again' ...slow down sparky.  I got you.  I remember these words specifically.  These were said before they devalued the currency...

*** Jeff *** They've pretty much almost stopped the currency auctions.  Not quite to 100% but there's down to probably about 95% reduction in country.  That's tremendous.  Remember I told you about the time they devalued the currency clear back on December 20th - this is one of those patterns we were looking for...they have done so.  That's just more confirmation they're in the progress of changing that exchange rate.

*** Petra ***...if they were going to have a budget at 1450 or even 1190 they'd have done it.  That's what's key to understand.  They are waiting for the rate because they know that's what they need to make all the changes.

*** Frank26 *** The Iraqi dinar is pegged to the American Dollar.  You may say no it's not.  Trust me it is electronically.  It's already 1 to 1.  I know that's a bold statement to make...the Iraqi dinar is about to play fair with the American dollar.  It's pegged to it.  It has no choice.

*** Jeff ***  [Question: "Is the gain from this exchange rate considered taxable income?"]  I know a lot of people think this isn't going to be taxable.  It's going to be a taxable event guys.  We live in the greediest country in the world - the United States.  I promise you this will not go untaxed.  Plan on paying your taxes and getting on with your life.  Keep it legal.  Keep it real.  [Note:  Always consult a tax professional at the appropriate time.]

*** Mnt Goat *** Article: "AL-KHALIDI IS SURPRISED THAT THE CABINET HAS FORMED A COMMITTEE TO STUDY THE CONSEQUENCES OF CHANGING THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE"   So, is this proposal to change the exchange rate just to change it back to 1250 before the devaluation to 1450 or is it to 1:1 with the US dollar and give the Iraqi dinar the strength it really deserves? I believe, based on other articles... that it is a study to go to 1:1 and then to eventually raise it back to 3:1 and even higher... there is much pressure to finally get this done.

:salute:

• Thanks 9
  • Upvote 4
9 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

*** Frank26 ***  It's already 1 to 1.  

hey everybody, frank said it is already 1:1. yee haaa come on guy let's run to the bank. and the teller in the bank ask who told you that it is already 1:1? frank26 said that? frank who? frank sinatra? opss did i say that out loud?

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Question: "Is the gain from this exchange rate considered taxable income?"]

I’m married to a tax attorney who has been practicing for 40 years. Trust me, this is not “taxable income” as defined by the IRS.  I’m not saying there won’t be tax consequences, but it is definitely not considered “income”.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1
38 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’m married to a tax attorney who has been practicing for 40 years. Trust me, this is not “taxable income” as defined by the IRS.  I’m not saying there won’t be tax consequences, but it is definitely not considered “income”.  

Especially considering the IRS and income tax is going to be nonexistent soon👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I liked you before, but now I really like you! Thanks for your input. It holds weight. :) I’m sure there will be consequences, and as much as I would love to believe the IRS is going away and will become nonexistent, I’m not holding my breath. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So am I correct... that is why it is suggested we have an OSA and an LLC?   So our taxes are less and only withdraw/transfer what we need each yr?    With the amount we are holding, we were thinking of just taking the tax hit once and be done.   I think it is 35%???

3 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’m married to a tax attorney

Smart Choice ! ;) 

And At Least U’ll Never Have To Tell Him About The Penalty For Early Withdrawal ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

Sorry HCR, It Was There - I Had To Do It ! :rolleyes: 

:lmao:  :lmao: 

• Haha 11
4 hours ago, shootn4cash said:

So our taxes are less and only withdraw/transfer what we need each yr?    With the amount we are holding, we were thinking of just taking the tax hit once and be done.   I think it is 35%???

I understand return on investment to be capital gains, not income. I sure hope capital gains is not 35%!

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON 

*** Pimpy ***  Article: "The dollar is falling with the closure of Baghdad markets"  They're starting to lose their trust in the U.S. dollar.  It's something I thought would never happen...I never thought it was possible...we know that the dollar continued to gain over and over on the Iraqi dinar.  Iraq had to take some steps...to keep that from happening...and it appears they've done a great job.  The dinar appears to be gaining so far.  It's just a minor step but it's still a good step...So instead of you getting 1550 for every dollar, it's back down to 1490 and it's going to continue to drop.  Let's hope so.  It seems to be going in the right direction.  That's what we want.

*** Petra *** What is the end game?  If you look at the challenges Iraq is having now in regards to the Kurds and  they're threatening a lawsuit.  The governance is looking for their HCL money.  The countries that are just waiting to invest in Iraq.  We're down to a single move.  Once that single move occurs all of this stuff goes away.  The Kurds aren't going to sue if they get their monies...All of this goes away at the change of a rate...they've done everything...They're ready to go.  They just need the rate...

*** Ray *** Iraqi news is broadcasting that agreements have been met within Baghdad to allow funding from the budget to Kurdistan. The budget-based payments are stated to be retroactive back to January of this year. (Could this be the "last stitch" needed to "sew this up" and move onward?)  Even though several bank sources are projecting to be exchanging us by the end of this week, other intel sources are focused on "by the end of this month." Time Will Tell..!!

*** Frank26 *** [Community member B/S bank story]  Member: I was talking to the Nova Scotia Bank and I asked it they'd be doing currency exchanges for foreign currency.  They said yes.  They even looked up the rate and told me what it was at the time.  I was really excited.   Frank:  Did you specifically say the Iraqi dinar or did you just say foreign currencies?   Member:  They asked me what currencies and I told them the Iraqi dinar and dong.   Frank:  So Nova Scotia Bank in Canada is telling you they will do exchange with the Iraqi dinar whenever you want, right?  Member: Yep, that's right.  Frank: ...it's interesting to see that Nova Scotia  is talking to you very comfortably.  They are not being paranoid, 'Oh, we don't know anything.  It's a scam.  We don't do the dinar.'  No.  They treated you very business like didn't they? ..(post 1 of 2).. 

*** Frank26 *** [Community member B/S bank story continued] Member: Yes they did.  It was very business like and well done. They didn't say it was a scam or anything... Frank: Canada, you now know the bank that will be exchanging the Iraqi dinar.  I find it interesting that that bank was saying no and now they're saying yes.  IMO I think it's because banks are a little more savvy because the World Bank has been talking to the BIS and have been talking to many central banks.  When's the last time you've had Wells Fargo say, 'No, it's a scam!' No. I don't hear that anymore...anyone who treated me like an imbecile all these years will never get my business...(post 2 of 2).. 

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON 

*** Frank26   We had the World Bank literally three days in a row come out and say lift the value.  Then we had money exchangers in the markets saying, 'Hey the CBI is lowering the value.'  Ladies and gentleman who do you choose to believe? ...Thousands of money exchangers are being shut down right now.  You're going to find that out real soon.  The problem is - the money exchangers, who owns them?  The answer is the politicians in parliament.  That is actually a conflict of interest isn't it...

*** Pimpy  Article: "The central bank denies the intention to raise the dollar"  Let me remind you what we're looking for.  We don't want them to increase the number of dinars we get for every U.S. dollar.  That's bad.  This is going in the wrong direction.  We want them to decrease the amount of dinars you can get for every one of our dollars...the bigger the dollar of dinars - bad.  We want them to shrink until they get to the other side of the dollar, then increase... [Example: 1450 to 1 USD , 1200 to 1 USD , 1000 to 1 USD, 500 to 1 USD , 100 to 1 USD, 10 to 1 USD , 2 to 1 USD, 1 to 1 USD, .5 to 1 USD (this equals 1 IQD for $2 ), .3 to 1 USD (This equals to 1 IQD for $3.33  )

*** Clare  Article:  "A group of unions and federations announces the launch of a national campaign to support the Iraqi dinar"  Quote:  "...the launch of a national campaign to support the national currency and the economy and increase the citizen’s confidence in the dinar..."    WOW!!!…WHO TOLD US A “MASSIVE CAMPAIGN” WOULD BEGIN FOR THE CITIZENS…. YEP!! [Gurus] WALKINGSTICK & FRANK26 DID!!!   WHAT ELSE DID THEY TELL US? - THEY HAVE A DATE!!!  IT IS ALMOST HERE. imo.

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON           These were left over from yesterday.....

*** Pimpy *** Remember we saw an article...it told us what?  This would be the exchange rate for the next three year.  This article appears to say something totally different. Article: "Parliament: The Exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar will be fixed for at least a year"  So it went from three yeas to at least a year.  I told you it ain't gonna take three years.  We saw their budget for $45 a barrel of oil and it's up to $72...it wiped out the deficit. Good.! That's what we want and now they have a surplus of funds and they're able to invest in other projects...so it went from 3 years to a year.  Very interesting...

*** Frank26 *** Article: "A group of unions and federations announces the launch of a national campaign to support the Iraqi dinar"  The CBI is now doing the campaign exactly as we told you it would come out therefore, in my opinion the rate is either with this campaign or follows just shortly after...as everything and everyone waits for the CBI governor to announce a new exchange rate for a new small category note, Introducing a reinstatement of their currency... the RI ...SMILE...Make sure you praise God today and thank Him for what you are about to become...I may have pain in my body but soon family you will have gain in your hands...

Today is Flag Day  and we celebrate our Flag, the Nation it represents, and the sacrifices so many made to keep us free. RON
    • By ronscarpa

*** Pimpy *** There really has been a lot of talk about the rate change - not just by so-called gurus but in the news.  Very interesting.  Very very interesting that once again this topic is being brought up.  You have a group of people not happy about the change that took place in the first place - saying that they should not have devalued the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar...I know they said, 'we're gonna keep the same rate for 3 year.'  Will they do that?  There's always a good chance they might do that...

*** Jeff *** Article: "Parliament: The exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar will be fixed for at least a year".  Article: "Al-Kazemi's advisor reveals the details of the first economic reform program in Iraq and its launch date". Quote: "Starting in the years 2022-32 it'll be the first development decade for Iraq..."  They're going to launch the white paper reforms in 2022...Based on general daily news they're probably planning to change the rate next year when they implement the 'White Paper' reforms.  But...let's look at the sources of these articles...(post 1 of 2)... 

*** Jeff *** The first one is the parliamentary finance committee [the second a GOI advisor]. That's NOT the CBI! ...they made a key statement here.  Quote: "Cougar said, "changing the exchange rate is the responsibility of the Central Bank."  No body else.  The CBI... only the CBI has anything to do with the value of Iraq's currency/changing the rate...This general daily news suggests to you Iraq might change the rate next year when they implement the economic White Paper reforms...none of this news is from the CBI.  With that said none of this news holds any credibility...(post 2 of 2)..

*** Frank26 *** Everyone knows. Everyone is talking about the exchange rate.  Not just the citizens of Iraq but in many countries...the talk is all over the place about the exchange rate needing to go up in value...from the CBI to Iraq to the World Bank and many others are pointing the finger at the CBI and telling them, 'Raise the value of your currency.' The only one pointing their finger at the CBI and Kazemi and telling them to decrease the value of their currency is Iran and the Parliament of Iraq but they are a minority...they are but a drop of water inside of an ocean.  The talk is opposite all over the Middle East.  They are implementing a new 'mechanism' which is a new exchange rate...

• By ronscarpa

*** Pimpy *** Article: "The Central Bank of Iraq takes step that may contribute to the decrease in the price of the dollar."  This is good. Supply and demand.  The more money [U.S. Dollars] they put out there to sell...the less value they have.  This increase in sales is good for the dinar...we like this.  Heck yeah we do!  The more we can strengthen and support the dinar - Whatever they need to do.  All of these contribute one way or another...

*** Mnt Goat *** We all should know by now that the rate of the CBI is an in-country rate only and the IQD is not yet on FOREX...It is NOT yet activated on FOREX! ...Next, I want to say that the fluctuating rate of the dinar in Iraq demonstrates to us once again that the rate is being manipulated. It is artificially restrained from the realizing the real value. It is being held back. This is being done for purposes. The CBI has a plan it is carrying out...hang tight. This investment will be well worth it. It is not as far off as you think, not just now.

*** Frank26 *** the flow is already flowing IMO when you see the World Bank tell the CBI  'Raise the value.' - When you see the CBI come out and tell the money exchangers, 'We're in charge of the exchange rate not you. Stop it!' - When you see that the international world is pouring in, today Visa and American Express...That screams Article VIII doesn't it?  Of course it does.  But we still await the announcement from the CBI.

*** Pimpy *** Article: "The Central bank sells the highest amount of dollars since the exchange rate change"  That's good news...if they're starting to part more with the US dollar they're starting to regain a little faith in the currency - possibly...if they want to increase the value of the dinars vs US dollars this is one way to do it - flood the markets with US dollars.  

• Testing the Rocker Badge!

• Live Exchange Rate

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.