Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shocking images show Coca-Cola is training employees to "try to be less white"

"We Gotta Be LESS WHITE"

Karlyn Borysenko
1 day ago
Thank you!!!! I'm the person who broke the story about the "be less white" training and you just made my day!!!!

Rogue A.I.
20 hours ago
"I think at this point, in America, we need to be less stupid." - Buddy Brown

Amen brother

The Good Patriot Homestead
1 day ago
As a black woman I’m proud of who I am and hope y’all are too!

Hondamatic Garage
1 day ago
boycott coke and all coke products.
"Be Less Coke"

Peter V
3 days ago
If I was an employee of coca cola, I would show up late if I even show up. I'll take longer lunches and a few extra breaks. I'll be less productive and then when they ask me what's going on I'll just say that y'all told me to be less white.

• Thanks 3
  • Pow! 4

Didn't Coke put white stuff in it drink a long time ago, for tooth aches and pain...? I quit drinking soda's almost 10 years ago. If you take a break from them for a good period of time, then try to drink one, they are nasty. IMO I then ask myself how and why I drank them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

51 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Didn't Coke put white stuff in it drink a long time ago, for tooth aches and pain...? I quit drinking soda's almost 10 years ago. If you take a break from them for a good period of time, then try to drink one, they are nasty. IMO I then ask myself how and why I drank them. 

Yes, Yota!

Unfortunately, it appears cocaine was a naturally occurring ingredient in an early version of Coca (cocaine) Cola.

https://teens.drugabuse.gov/blog/post/coca-colas-scandalous-past

Did Coca-Cola Ever Contain Cocaine?

The NIDA Blog Team
November 9, 2020
Close-up of ice cubes in bubbly cola.

©Shutterstock/Things(link is external)

Scientific research is constantly discovering new things about drugs, such as the health benefits and risks of using (or misusing) them. Sometimes, these discoveries lead to changes in the way a drug is used. 

For example, did you know that the original recipe for Coca-Cola contained cocaine?

Coca-Cola’s history has been well-documented. The drink was invented in 1885 by John Pemberton, a pharmacist from Atlanta, Georgia, who made the original formula in his backyard. Pemberton’s recipe contained cocaine in the form of an extract of the coca leaf, which inspired the “Coca” part of the beverage’s name. The “Cola” comes from the kola nut (which contains caffeine, another stimulant).

When Coca-Cola was invented, cocaine was legal and a common ingredient in medicines. People thought it was safe to use in small amounts.

Coca-Cola as medicine?
Pemberton described the drink as a “brain tonic and intellectual beverage,” and advertised it as a “patent medicine.” He claimed it cured headaches, upset stomach, and fatigue. 

Patent medicines were combinations of so-called “exotic” ingredients and drug compounds that—according to the people who made them—cured a wide range of ailments. But they often contained ingredients we now know can be addictive, including cocaine and opium, as well as toxic elements like mercury and lead. 

In the 19th century, patent medicines weren’t regulated like medications are today. Anyone could claim their product had health benefits without having to prove its effectiveness—or reveal its risks. 

As early as 1891, some Americans spoke out against including addictive ingredients in patent medicines. The makers revamped the medicines’ formulas, and their health claims, as a result.

Taking the “coke” out
The amount of cocaine in Coca-Cola was reduced over time, and finally eliminated from the drink by 1929. This was during the Prohibition Era in the United States, when alcohol was illegal. Coke soon became popular as a “soft” drink, an alternative to hard alcohol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2