Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oil announces the transfer of a copy of the oil and gas law to the Council of Ministers for approval

6ly410

LINK

Al-Halbousi office clarifies regarding the parliament session today

image.jpeg.76e118bcb0e3b40478077f8ae4d43f33.jpeg

18th March, 2021

The Office of Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi announced that the session will be held today, Thursday, to complete the vote on the Federal Supreme Court law.

Al-Halbousi’s office said in a statement, of which Mawazine News received a copy, that "the session will be held today, at four o'clock in the afternoon, to complete the vote on the Federal Supreme Court law."

He added, "The Presidency of the House of Representatives will hold a meeting with members of the Finance Committee and heads of blocks in the Constitutional Hall, today, Thursday at 6:00 pm, to complete the requirements of the legislation of the Federal Budget Law for the fiscal year 2021."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

LINK

Deputy: Parliament will hold two sessions today on the court and the budget

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

12:21 - 18/03/2021

The deputy of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Muhammad Al-Baldawi, confirmed, Thursday, that the House of Representatives will hold two sessions this afternoon and evening to complete the paragraphs of the Federal Court bill and the other consultative in the presence of the heads of political blocs on the draft budget law.

Al-Baldawi said in a statement to / information /, that "the House of Representatives will hold a session to vote on completing the Federal Court law at four o'clock this afternoon."

He added, "The new law will go so as to converge the points of view of all political forces, especially with regard to the voting mechanism for Sharia jurists and experts, provided that the participation of Sharia scholars is to vote for laws related to Islam, and experts participate in voting with regard to other laws."

Al-Baldawi explained, "The House of Representatives will hold a second session this evening at six o'clock in the afternoon in the presence of the heads of political blocs and those who wish to attend from the members of the Council to conduct a consultation on the draft budget law and put it to vote next week."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LINK

Al-Fath: The government bears all the economic effects resulting from the ill-considered exchange rate decision

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%AD-1-696x435

15:21 - 18/03/2021

On Thursday, the Al-Fateh Alliance carried the government the total economic consequences of the decision to raise exchange rates, which it described as "ill-considered."

"The Al-Fateh Alliance is still insisting not to vote on the budget if the current exchange rates are not lowered and brought back to normal," said a member of the coalition, MP Hamid al-Mousawi, in a statement to the agency.

He added, "The government must bear the economic consequences of this ill-considered decision, which affected a large segment of citizens and merchants alike."

He noted that "the government is required today as it has made an effort to find a legal gateway to compensate the major contractors and investors in government projects in the same way to create solutions for merchants and other sectors that represent the livelihood of the Iraqi citizen."

He pointed out that "the Al-Fateh Alliance proposed to the government to find a reasonable exchange rate or return it to its normal state to reduce the disastrous effects resulting from this procedure."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

LINK

Al-Sadr Alliance reveals: This is what will take place in today's session

1615870513752.jpeg

18th March, 2021

The Saeron Alliance, supported by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, revealed today, Thursday, what will happen during the Iraqi parliament session, scheduled to be held shortly.

The leader in the coalition, MP Qusay al-Yasiri, told Shafaq News, "The parliament will pass during its session shortly after the first amendment to the Federal Court law, according to the majority, even if some blocs boycott the session, there is agreement by a parliamentary majority on this matter."

Al-Yasiri said that "the parliament session today will not witness putting up a vote on the 2021 budget bill, but there will be discussions and debates about the budget, and the vote on it will be at the beginning of next week."

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

Al-Sadr Alliance reveals: This is what will take place in today's session

1615870513752.jpeg

18th March, 2021

The Saeron Alliance, supported by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, revealed today, Thursday, what will happen during the Iraqi parliament session, scheduled to be held shortly.

The leader in the coalition, MP Qusay al-Yasiri, told Shafaq News, "The parliament will pass during its session shortly after the first amendment to the Federal Court law, according to the majority, even if some blocs boycott the session, there is agreement by a parliamentary majority on this matter."

Al-Yasiri said that "the parliament session today will not witness putting up a vote on the 2021 budget bill, but there will be discussions and debates about the budget, and the vote on it will be at the beginning of next week."

Stalling     👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Hotrod471 said:

Well, there goes Guru (?) Jeff's 3/20 date.....missed it again Jeff 😒

Perhaps He Needs To Choke Up A Bit More On His Bat ! :o 

image.gif.492abeaf70242a9c5e492644e50e199d.gif

Then Again - Jeff Chokes All The Time ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 4

LINK

Analyst: The current government continues with the support of Washington

%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9

19:08 - 17/03/2021

Political analyst, Adel Mane confirmed, on Wednesday, that "the government's statement regarding the violation of sovereignty by the Americans and Turks is weak and shameful and bears several aspects, but it does not rise to the level of the Iraqi state and the security establishment."

He added, "All government statements issued regarding violations against the security forces, the Popular Mobilization Forces and the factions affiliated with the crowd are unclear and may have been issued under pressure."

He noted that "the current government continues to sign the American agenda, and its presence may have American support, and without it it would not have continued at all."

He pointed out that "its steadfastness throughout these months, despite popular and political rejectionist pressure, can only take one position, which is Washington's support for it."

• Upvote 2

Political agreement to pass the Federal Court law today and the budget tomorrow

1614882507916.jpeg

18th March, 2021

The representative of the Al-Fateh bloc, Mithaq Al-Hamidi, announced, on Thursday, a political agreement to pass the Federal Court law today, likely to pass the budget law tomorrow, Friday.

Al-Hamdi said to Shafaq News, "The Presidency of Parliament has agreed with the heads of political blocs that today's session will be devoted to the final vote on the Federal Court law," explaining that "the session will take place after an hour." And she continued, "If there is enough time, the budget law will be included for voting, and if there is no session on Friday to vote on the budget law."

A parliamentary source revealed, today, Thursday, that Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi held a meeting with the Shiite blocs to bring closer views of the Federal Court law. The source told Shafaq News Agency that Al-Halbousi and his first deputy, Hassan Al-Kaabi, met with the heads of the Shiite blocs at the headquarters of the Badr Bloc and in the presence of the head of the block and its members and the Deputy Secretary-General of Badr Abdul Karim Al-Ansari Organization, to discuss the controversial points about the Federal Court law.

During the last period, Parliament voted to pass 21 articles of the Federal Court bill, and disputes revolve around three pending articles. The differences focus on granting seats to Islamic law jurists from the Shiite and Sunni sects, seats in the Federal Court, and giving them the power to vote on decisions. Disputes also revolve around the voting mechanism in the Federal Court as to whether unanimity is required to pass decisions or simple majority.

• Haha 1

Come on fellow investors, like many of you, I've been on this ride about 15 yrs. Don't quit your day job. IF they actually vote today I'd say there is a 50/50 chance at best that we will be this excited tomorrow. I'd be tickled to death with .25 

• Upvote 1

LINK

Will Parliament make an amendment to the price of the dollar? ... Parliamentary finance answers

image.jpeg.fae1b56d38fcd8f6a51bdd5c418cbc6f.jpeg

18th March, 2021

The Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed, on Thursday, that there is no change to the exchange rate of the dollar in the federal budget for the fiscal year 2021.

A member of the committee, Jamal Cougar, according to the official agency, said, "There is a meeting of the committee with the Presidency and heads of parliamentary blocs. We know about the main issue of the meeting, is it to pass the budget or talk about controversial articles, "indicating that" if there was a serious intention to pass the budget, it would have been included on the agenda first and then the Federal Court."

Cougar added, "There are parties that want to pass the Federal Court Law and then the Budget Law," adding: "There is no amendment to the dollar exchange rate in the budget, and the change is not within the powers of the committee or parliament."

He explained, "Changing the dollar exchange rate means changing the budget completely, changing resources, expenditures and deficits will be large, and those affected by the amendment will demand compensation and confuse the market, and people will lose confidence in the central bank and this is very difficult."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, tn vol said:

Come on fellow investors, like many of you, I've been on this ride about 15 yrs. Don't quit your day job. IF they actually vote today I'd say there is a 50/50 chance at best that we will be this excited tomorrow. I'd be tickled to death with .25 

I don't quit my day job either before it rv at least a buck. By the way, how did you come up with 0.25? Don't you think 0.25 is a low rate? The saudi's rate is 0.27 usd. Do you want iqd is pegged with saudi's rate? 

1 hour ago, Rugbylaird19 said:

At first I was bummed about them not thinking about changing the value of the dinar but then I remembered that changing the exchange rate was up to the CBI, right? Right?? Little help here. Still working my way through post St. Patricks Day...

i used to think like that too , that it was cbi maybe a couple other 3 letter org. but when it devalued to 1460 it was discussed at length in parliament before the change in rate ... just hoping for a international bankable iqd one day 

Territory share, exchange rate and salary deductions .. The latest developments on the budget

151212.jpg?watermark=4

4,520 Economie 2021/03/17 17:27

Baghdad today - Baghdad 

The Iraqi federal budget for 2021 entered the fourth month of its discussion in the House of Representatives without a comprehensive agreement ensuring its passage in the coming days, as issues of the region’s share and the dollar exchange rate emerge as the most important obstacles to approving the budget, in addition to passing the Federal Supreme Court’s law that It is scheduled to vote on it in next Thursday’s session, which stipulated that it be passed before returning to negotiations with the Kurdish side. 

The latest developments on the budget,

a member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Jamal Cougar, said in a televised interview that she followed (Baghdad Al-Youm), "The Finance Committee has ended since February 15th of the budget paragraphs with the exception of the Kurdistan region’s share and because of the objection by the Shiite blocs." 

He added, "The committee canceled all deductions for employees' salaries in the 2021 budget, and raised the price of a barrel of oil from 42 to 45 dollars." 

The negotiating delegation of the region 

As for the reporter of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Ahmed Al-Saffar, he said in a televised statement, "The delegation of the Kurdistan region, headed by Deputy Prime Minister Qubad Talabani, who arrived in Baghdad last night (March 16, 2021), adheres to the government text on the share of the Kurdistan region contained in The draft Iraqi federal budget law for 2021, and rejects the Shiite blocs proposal that the Kurdistan region hand over 460 thousand barrels of oil daily to Baghdad. 

The aforementioned text stipulates that the Kurdistan region will deliver 250 thousand barrels of oil per day, at the price of the SOMO company, in addition to half of the revenues of the border crossings, and other federal revenues of the Kurdistan region to the Iraqi government, and the financial dues between the federal government and the Kurdistan region are liquidated for the period from 2004 to 2020, so that the government Iraqi federalism to spend the share of the Kurdistan region from the budget.

Exchange rate 

Al- Saffar reiterated that "the exchange rate of the dollar cannot be changed by a representative amendment because it is within the government's authority, in agreement with the Central Bank, and has nothing to do with the draft budget. It is expected that the price will remain for a year or two." 

Jamal Cougar's speech was also identical to Al-Saffar, as he indicated that "regarding the exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar, it has remained as determined by the government and there is no amendment to it." 

According to the Central Bank of Iraq, the exchange rate passes through stages, the first of which is buying the dollar from the Ministry of Finance for 1,450 dinars, then selling it by the "Central Bank" to banks for 1,460 dinars, and then to the public at 1,470 dinars per dollar, but some political blocs demand a return of the exchange rate. To 1300 dinars to one dollar as a condition for voting on the budget in the House of Representatives, which is rejected by the government. 

At the end of last December, the Iraqi government sent to Parliament the draft of the general budget, which amounted to about 164 trillion dinars (approximately 113 billion dollars), with a large deficit of about 70 trillion Iraqi dinars (48 billion dollars).

LINK

• Upvote 3

IRAQ’S COUNCIL OF REPRESENTATIVES PASSES AMENDMENT TO FEDERAL SUPREME COURT LAW

Council of Representatives to vote on budget next Monday: report

https://nrttv.com/En/News.aspx?id=26909&MapID=2

SULAIMANI — With 205 lawmakers present in the chamber, Iraq’s Council of Representatives on Thursday (March 18) successfully amended the Federal Supreme Court Law of 2005.

Next up is a vote on the 2021 Federal Budget Law, which the parliament’s media office said will take place on Friday.

The Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) delegation is currently in Baghdad for talks on the budget.

The KRG and the federal government have been involved in tense negotiations over the budget for nearly a year, several times announcing the outlines of an agreement only to have politicians pull back from actually moving forward with implementation.

(NRT Digital Media

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Are you guys seeing this? They are talking about changing the exchange rate to 1300 or letting it remain at 1450 for the next year or two!!! I know you guys are going to say smoke and mirrors but this has been stated numerous times and with Iraq's track record I wouldn't put it pass them! If this happens they will have pulled a fast one and I will have made an ass of myself for the last 14 years and be embarrassed again!! SMH!! I will be soo glad when this madness is over. I have a feeling they are really going to do it!! I hope I am wrong....SMH!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

Are you guys seeing this? They are talking about changing the exchange rate to 1300 or letting it remain at 1450 for the next year or two!!! I know you guys are going to say smoke and mirrors but this has been stated numerous times and with Iraq's track record I wouldn't put it pass them! If this happens they will have pulled a fast one and I will have made an ass of myself for the last 14 years and be embarrassed again!! SMH!! I will be soo glad when this madness is over. I have a feeling they are really going to do it!! I hope I am wrong....SMH!!!

They will never tell anyone what they are going to do.  

• Upvote 2