Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Minister of Finance discusses the impact of the dollar exchange rate on the country's economy

pokerplayer

Looking pretty good here peeps !! Not sure if already posted but if so my apologies

pp

*******The Minister of Finance discusses the impact of the dollar exchange rate on the country's economy Empty The Minister of Finance discusses the impact of the dollar exchange rate on the country's economy

The Minister of Finance discusses the impact of the dollar exchange rate on the country's economy

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 4:15 PM

Baghdad / National News Center

Today, Wednesday, the Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, discussed the impact of the dollar exchange rate on the country's economy.

The media office of the Minister of Finance stated, in a statement received by the "National News Center", that the latter chaired "an expanded meeting to discuss the objectives achieved by changing the currency exchange rate today, Wednesday, at the Ministry's headquarters."

He added, "The meeting reviewed and discussed the positive effects of changing the dinar exchange rate against the dollar and the effect of that step on re-balancing the Iraqi economic reality burdened with challenges and obstacles and protecting it from the risk of collapse."

He added, "The meeting also discussed mechanisms to change the investment environment, support the private sector and support industry and agriculture in line with corrective measures for the course of the national economy."

And he added, "The meeting discussed encouraging measures related to the work of the banking sector and its contribution to providing support to various productive sectors, as well as procedures for automating the tax and customs system and simplifying all administrative processes in line with the adoption of the white paper."

According to the statement, the Minister of Finance listened to "most of the problems that were raised by representatives of the private sector and industrialists."

While he stressed that "the Ministry of Finance has taken several measures in support of the effects of changing the exchange and is continuing to work on translating them effectively to protect the poor classes in conjunction with the approaching vote of the House of Representatives on the draft general budget bill."

The statement concluded that the meeting was "attended by the agents of the ministries of finance and planning, the advisor to the office of the prime minister, Abd al-Hussein al-Anbaki, the financial advisor to the Ministry of Finance, a number of general directors and heads of bodies and a group of representatives from the private and industrial sector."

https://nnciraq.com/53408/
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 4

Please let this be for real 🙏🙏🙏

The media office of the Minister of Finance stated, in a statement received by the "National News Center", that the latter chaired "an expanded meeting to discuss the objectives achieved by changing the currency exchange rate today, Wednesday, at the Ministry's headquarters."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Pow! 2

Why they wait 2 month after devaluing the dinar by 22% to talk about the consequences of changing the exchange rate.

In my opinion all this talk about changing the exchange rate, is because they are planning to change the exchange rate again in the near future.

Go New rate

Go RV

Go purchasing power 

Go 2021

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 9
  • Pow! 1

5 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

"A meeting to discuss the objectives achieved by changing the currency exchange rate."

Sounds like they are discussing what the rate change achieved since they lowered it in December.

Dammit!  I think you may be right.

Why is it that everything these Iraqi's say can be so easily misunderstood?

I'm so sick of this rollercoaster.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just let it be, it’s the nature human beings that drives the whole thing. Perhaps optimistically, they will change it back to as it was economically before the last series of wars in cooperation with the local region for the better. And perhaps it will be transcendent to reflect positively on the global scale as well. Only time will tell, soon we will know.

All in all, it’s a fun dynamic to observe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

"A meeting to discuss the objectives achieved by changing the currency exchange rate."

Sounds like they are discussing what the rate change achieved since they lowered it in December.

I don't really think so. The feeling I'm getting is that this is something new.

Just my 2 cents 

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

I would think they are just putting stuff out there to muddy the waters so to speck. I believe they have a plan, I believe everyone going there (Seimens, GE and 40 some other Global Contractor Have been let in on the plan and the new rate) Why would they go in Blind and with Iraq having a useless currency and a lower program Rate.)

Brietling says......Newshound Guru Breitling   [Question:  What comes first - Does Iraq need to build their economy in order to increase the rate or does Iraq need to increase the rate first? Iraq needs to increase the rate first to build an economy.

I get a feeling we are sitting right on top of this thing going International and at the old $3.22 rate plus some for 18 years on Inflation......$3.50 to 3.87.

However they may come out with something like $1.45 to 1.65 to get people to exchange and many will. I read somewhere that at almost any rate Increase and good 60% Plus will be done with this Ride and Exchange...others will exchange what they need for the time being and hold some back in reserve for a higher Rate.

Just my thoughts and I am no expert.

Karsten

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

4 minutes ago, Karsten said:

I would think they are just putting stuff out there to muddy the waters so to speck. I believe they have a plan, I believe everyone going there (Seimens, GE and 40 some other Global Contractor Have been let in on the plan and the new rate) Why would they go in Blind and with Iraq having a useless currency and a lower program Rate.)

Brietling says......Newshound Guru Breitling   [Question:  What comes first - Does Iraq need to build their economy in order to increase the rate or does Iraq need to increase the rate first? Iraq needs to increase the rate first to build an economy.

I get a feeling we are sitting right on top of this thing going International and at the old $3.22 rate plus some for 18 years on Inflation......$3.50 to 3.87.

However they may come out with something like $1.45 to 1.65 to get people to exchange and many will. I read somewhere that at almost any rate Increase and good 60% Plus will be done with this Ride and Exchange...others will exchange what they need for the time being and hold some back in reserve for a higher Rate.

Just my thoughts and I am no expert.

Karsten

I loved everything you said and hope your first scenario is true of course...lol.. however in your second scenario there is zero percent chance of that happening and here is why. None of the dinar outside of Iraq will ever go back to Iraq they go into our Treasury if you are here in America! Next Iraq ONLY has to cover what’s actually in circulation INSIDE of Iraq NOT outside of Iraq!! If you don’t believe this to be true then may I suggest to anyone sell all you dinars ASAP you have been had. However the reason I am invested is I do believe what I have said to be true!! I absolutely believe that whenever Iraq does actually RV their currency it will be at the complete and true market rate they will not be trying to play games like a lot of gurus have said of coming out low and free floating up or having a second RV later it just doesn’t work that way! Iraq will NEVER free float count on it they are a oil producing country they will be pegged to either the dollar most likely or possibly the basket of currencies but make no mistake it will be a Managed float Not a free float!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Finance Minister: We have taken several measures to support the effects of changing the dollar exchange rate to protect the poor classes

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/206287/وزير-المالية-اتخذنا-عدة-تدابير-داعمة-لآثار-تغيير-سعر-صرف-الدولار-لحماية-الطبقات-الفقيرة

151587.jpg.2f6cf271d3ed0ced863aa2303b688846.jpg

Follow the obelisk through its channel in the Telegram application

Baghdad / Al-Masala: Minister of Finance Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi announced, on Wednesday, February 24, 2021, that several measures have been taken to support the effects of changing the dollar's exchange rate.

The media office of the Ministry of Finance said in a statement, "The Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, chaired an expanded meeting to discuss the goals achieved by changing the currency exchange rate at the ministry’s headquarters," noting that "during the meeting, the positive effects of changing the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar were discussed and discussed." And the effect of that step on rebalancing the Iraqi economic reality, which is burdened by challenges and obstacles, and protecting it from the risk of collapse.

He added that "the meeting discussed mechanisms to change the investment environment, support the private sector and support industry and agriculture in line with corrective measures for the path of the national economy," indicating that "the meeting discussed encouraging measures related to the work of the banking sector and its contribution to providing support for various productive sectors, as well as procedures for automating the tax and customs system." And the simplification of all administrative processes in line with the adoption of the white paper, and the minister listened to most of the problems raised by representatives of the private sector and industrialists.

Allawi stressed that the Ministry of Finance has taken several measures in support of the effects of changing the exchange and is continuing to work on translating them effectively to protect the poor classes, in conjunction with the approaching vote of the House of Representatives on the draft general budget bill.

The statement continued, "The meeting was attended by the representatives of the ministries of finance and planning, the advisor to the office of the prime minister, Abd al-Hussein al-Anbaki, the financial advisor to the Ministry of Finance, a number of general directors, heads of bodies and a group of representatives from the private and industrial sectors."

Follow the obelisk - agencies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

they always talk about changing the exchange rate many many times, but in reality, they don"t really implement what they say. this is called BS and delays again. same stuff different day. old song.if the minister of finance don't change the exchange  rate immediately, the worst case scenario is there will a coup to take down and take over the government by the people's power. and the result is the exchange rate is going to go down the toilet or even worse and this is not what we want it because everyone is loser and nobody is a winner.

11 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

Finance Minister: We have taken several measures to support system" rel="">support the effects of changing the dollar exchange rate to protect the poor classes

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/206287/وزير-المالية-اتخذنا-عدة-تدابير-داعمة-لآثار-تغيير-سعر-صرف-الدولار-لحماية-الطبقات-الفقيرة

151587.jpg.2f6cf271d3ed0ced863aa2303b688846.jpg

Follow the obelisk through its channel in the Telegram application

Baghdad / Al-Masala: Minister of Finance Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi announced, on Wednesday, February 24, 2021, that several measures have been taken to support system" rel="">support the effects of changing the dollar's exchange rate.

The media office of the Ministry of Finance said in a statement, "The Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, chaired an expanded meeting to discuss the goals achieved by changing the currency exchange rate at the ministry’s headquarters," noting that "during the meeting, the positive effects of changing the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar were discussed and discussed." And the effect of that step on rebalancing the Iraqi economic reality, which is burdened by challenges and obstacles, and protecting it from the risk of collapse.

He added that "the meeting discussed mechanisms to change the investment environment, support system" rel="">support the private sector and support system" rel="">support industry and agriculture in line with corrective measures for the path of the national economy," indicating that "the meeting discussed encouraging measures related to the work of the banking sector and its contribution to providing support system" rel="">support for various productive sectors, as well as procedures for automating the tax and customs system." And the simplification of all administrative processes in line with the adoption of the white paper, and the minister listened to most of the problems raised by representatives of the private sector and industrialists.

Allawi stressed that the Ministry of Finance has taken several measures in support system" rel="">support of the effects of changing the exchange and is continuing to work on translating them effectively to protect the poor classes, in conjunction with the approaching vote of the House of Representatives on the draft general budget bill.

The statement continued, "The meeting was attended by the representatives of the ministries of finance and planning, the advisor to the office of the prime minister, Abd al-Hussein al-Anbaki, the financial advisor to the Ministry of Finance, a number of general directors, heads of bodies and a group of representatives from the private and industrial sectors."

Follow the obelisk - agencies

Thanks 6LYWITHOLES

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Karsten said:

I like the one time rv rate at 3.87 and it is a much better choice because when it rv at one time rate 3.87, i will directly cash in all my dinars and never look back anymore. However, floating the rate isn't the best choice because it takes a long time for the rate to increase. Hopefully, the minister of finance will change the rate to one time higher rv rate up to 3 bucks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1