Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Supreme Court Won't Halt Turnover Of Trump's Tax Records

Stormy Daniels says she would ‘love’ to testify in Trump Organization probe

hypatia-h_2995ae79723ae8ed5611b69c6ae8d2    

Stormy Daniels said Monday that she has not yet testified in a New York criminal probe into the Trump Organization but that she would “love nothing more than” to be interviewed by prosecutors investigating former President Donald Trump’s sprawling company.

“I have not been called to testify yet, but I’ve been very forthcoming since the beginning of all this that I would love nothing more than my day in court and to give a deposition and to provide whatever evidence that they need from me,” Daniels, an adult-film star whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, told CNN’s John Berman on “New Day.”

“I mean, I have all the original forms and emails and wire transcripts and all of that stuff, and I’m happy to turn it over to anybody who needs it, honestly,” she added.

Daniels, who claims she had an affair with Trump before he became president, said her attorney has been in contact with Manhattan and New York state investigators and that she has had meetings with them about other issues. She said if she were asked to talk to investigators or a grand jury she would “tell them everything I know.” Trump has denied having an affair with Daniels.

“I would tell them that I was approached. I would tell them that I have evidence that the money came from an account set up … at the direction of Donald Trump,” she said, referring to hush money paid to her by Michael Cohen, Trump’s former personal attorney.

Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to eight counts, including two counts of campaign-finance violations for orchestrating or making payments during the 2016 election to Daniels and another woman who claims she had an affair with Trump before he was elected. Trump has also denied that alleged affair.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has convened a grand jury that is expected to decide whether to indict Trump should prosecutors present criminal charges in their probe of the Trump Organization, according to The Washington Post.

The panel could also decide to indict executives at the Trump Organization or the business itself if criminal charges are presented, the Post reported late last month.

News of the panel signals that Vance’s team of prosecutors — who have been investigating the Trump Organization for more than two years — could be moving into an advanced stage of their probe. Prosecutors are looking into whether the Trump Organization misled lenders and insurance companies about the value of properties and paid appropriate taxes, with the investigation encompassing Trump Tower, the family estate known as Seven Springs, its Chicago hotel and condo tower, as well as the money paid to silence Daniels.

Asked about her current relationship with Cohen given his payments to her and her recent appearance on his podcast, Daniels said she wouldn’t go so far as to say they have a relationship or that they’re friends.

“He dodged me for a very long time and I thought that it took a lot of courage to face me live on his show, and he did apologize to me, and I felt like he was very honest and forthcoming, and I know that must have been very difficult for him,” Daniels said.

https://keyt.com/politics/2021/06/07/stormy-daniels-says-she-would-love-to-testify-in-trump-organization-probe/

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Stormy Daniels says she would ‘love’ to testify in Trump Organization probe

hypatia-h_2995ae79723ae8ed5611b69c6ae8d2    

Stormy Daniels said Monday that she has not yet testified in a New York criminal probe into the Trump Organization but that she would “love nothing more than” to be interviewed by prosecutors investigating former President Donald Trump’s sprawling company.

“I have not been called to testify yet, but I’ve been very forthcoming since the beginning of all this that I would love nothing more than my day in court and to give a deposition and to provide whatever evidence that they need from me,” Daniels, an adult-film star whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, told CNN’s John Berman on “New Day.”

“I mean, I have all the original forms and emails and wire transcripts and all of that stuff, and I’m happy to turn it over to anybody who needs it, honestly,” she added.

Daniels, who claims she had an affair with Trump before he became president, said her attorney has been in contact with Manhattan and New York state investigators and that she has had meetings with them about other issues. She said if she were asked to talk to investigators or a grand jury she would “tell them everything I know.” Trump has denied having an affair with Daniels.

“I would tell them that I was approached. I would tell them that I have evidence that the money came from an account set up … at the direction of Donald Trump,” she said, referring to hush money paid to her by Michael Cohen, Trump’s former personal attorney.

Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to eight counts, including two counts of campaign-finance violations for orchestrating or making payments during the 2016 election to Daniels and another woman who claims she had an affair with Trump before he was elected. Trump has also denied that alleged affair.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has convened a grand jury that is expected to decide whether to indict Trump should prosecutors present criminal charges in their probe of the Trump Organization, according to The Washington Post.

The panel could also decide to indict executives at the Trump Organization or the business itself if criminal charges are presented, the Post reported late last month.

News of the panel signals that Vance’s team of prosecutors — who have been investigating the Trump Organization for more than two years — could be moving into an advanced stage of their probe. Prosecutors are looking into whether the Trump Organization misled lenders and insurance companies about the value of properties and paid appropriate taxes, with the investigation encompassing Trump Tower, the family estate known as Seven Springs, its Chicago hotel and condo tower, as well as the money paid to silence Daniels.

Asked about her current relationship with Cohen given his payments to her and her recent appearance on his podcast, Daniels said she wouldn’t go so far as to say they have a relationship or that they’re friends.

“He dodged me for a very long time and I thought that it took a lot of courage to face me live on his show, and he did apologize to me, and I felt like he was very honest and forthcoming, and I know that must have been very difficult for him,” Daniels said.

https://keyt.com/politics/2021/06/07/stormy-daniels-says-she-would-love-to-testify-in-trump-organization-probe/

GO RV, then BV

Perhaps she and Avanati can both testify.....can't think of 2 more credible witnesses...

CL

• Haha 4

Business Insider

Trump's former White House counsel testified that there was 'never really a good beginning, middle, and end' to their conversations

Sonam Sheth
Wed, June 9, 2021, 5:00 PM

• Trump's ex-White House counsel testified that there was no good "beginning, middle, and end" to their conversations.

• "You rarely leave conversations with President Trump," he said. "It's just - especially when you're the counsel. You're always kind of around."

• McGahn was a key figure in the Mueller probe and said Trump told him to "do crazy s---" to stop the investigation.

Former White House counsel Don McGahn told Congress this month that there was never a good "beginning, middle, and end" to his conversations with Donald Trump when Trump was president.

McGahn served as White House counsel for nearly two years before resigning in October 2018. He was a central witness in the special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into whether Trump obstructed justice in the FBI's Russia probe. After months of battling Congress's requests for testimony, McGahn finally appeared behind closed doors last week. The House Judiciary Committee released a transcript of McGahn's testimony on Wednesday.

At one point, the lead counsel for the House Judiciary Committee asked McGahn about one of the episodes Mueller highlighted in his report connected to the obstruction probe. Specifically, Trump told McGahn in the midst of the Russia investigation that he wanted to fire Mueller. McGahn urged him not to and said doing so could be "another fact used to claim of obstruction of justice."

The committee's counsel, Sarah Istel, asked McGahn what other facts he was referring to during that conversation.

McGahn mentioned other data points in the obstruction probe including Trump's firing of FBI director James Comey and his efforts to stop Comey from investigating former national security advisor Michael Flynn.

McGahn stopped short of saying these instances definitively constituted obstruction but said he was concerned about how they could be perceived by the public.

After some back and forth about the semantics of McGahn's claim that firing Mueller could be "another fact" used to claim he obstructed justice, Istel asked McGahn about his assessment that Trump could face the "biggest exposure" from his efforts to hamper Comey's investigation into Flynn.

McGahn said he didn't remember if he specifically used the word "exposure" but specified that he didn't believe Comey's removal was a legal issue for Trump because the president has the power to fire the FBI director.

"The real issues were more around former Director Comey's recounting of meetings" and conversations he had with Trump, during which Trump asked him to lay off of investigating Flynn and demanded Comey's loyalty.

"That was more, as a lawyer, where I was looking to alert the president," McGahn said.

Istel then asked McGahn how he ended that conversation with Trump.

"No, I don't recall. No," he said. "You rarely leave conversations with President Trump. There's never really a good beginning, middle, and end. It's just - especially when you're the counsel. You're always kind of around."

Indeed, McGahn's name surfaced several times in Mueller's report, including when the special counsel detailed his reaction to Trump's demand that McGahn help engineer Mueller's removal.

"McGahn spoke with the President twice and understood the directive the same way both times, making it unlikely that he misheard or misinterpreted the President's request," the report said. "In response to that request, McGahn decided to quit. He called his lawyer, drove to the White House, packed up his office, prepared to submit a resignation letter with his chief of staff, told [then-White House Chief of Staff Reince] Priebus that the President had asked him to 'do crazy s---.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-former-white-house-counsel-210026623.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Wouldn't it be wonderful and refrshing to see as much effort put into investigating the HillDawg, Obummer, Joke and Hunter (just to name a few Rats) where solid (though ignored) evidence of corruption and crimes committed exixts and are provable beyond a shadow of a doubt. Can you image ALL the articles that could be written about them. WOW!! Instead we have to be bombarded with :bs: article after :bs: article on the Orange Man. All the while the true crimminals are waiting. panting like rabid dogs in heat for something on Trump to stick. Sad!

Edited by md11fr8dawg
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

3 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Wouldn't it be wonderful and refrshing to see as much effort put into investigating the HillDawg, Obummer, Joke and Hunter (just to name a few Rats) where solid (though ignored) evidence of corruption and crimes committed exixts and are provable beyond a shadow of a doubt. Can you image ALL the articles that could be written about them. WOW!! Instead we have to be bombarded with :bs: article after :bs: article on the Orange Man. All the while the true crimminals are waiting. panting like rabid dogs in heat for something on Trump to stick. Sad!

What are talking about?.....We lived through years of Benghazi investigations and HRC's congressional grilling on the matter.  It's still be talked about.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

The point is Shabs the ***** was and is guilty of crimes against this country, but being in the "right" party gives her immunity from conviction as well as Joke, Hunter et.al. These scumbags RATS think nothing of selling this country down the river for $$ and power. A blind man can see it and most are tired of a 2 tier system of justice.

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

5 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

The point is Shabs the ***** was and is guilty of crimes against this country, but being in the "right" party gives her immunity from conviction as well as Joke, Hunter et.al. These scumbags RATS think nothing of selling this country down the river for $$ and power. A blind man can see it and most are tired of a 2 tier system of justice.

If what you say is indeed true.....why didn't it get dealt with when DJT was in office, controlled the Justice Department, and lopsided the SCOTUS to the Right side?

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

NY Daily News

Former White House lawyer says Trump told him to mislead Mueller despite likely criminality

Chris Sommerfeldt, New York Daily News
Wed, June 9, 2021, 8:51 PM

Former President Donald Trump ordered his top White House attorney to issue a false statement at the height of the Mueller investigation even though he knew the lying could carry criminal consequences for both of them, according to newly unearthed congressional testimony.

Donald McGahn, who served as Trump’s first White House counsel, told members of the House Judiciary Committee in a closed-door hearing last week that the ex-president instructed him to issue a statement in February 2018 denying that he had ever tried to fire Mueller, according to a 241-page transcript of the testimony released Wednesday.

Trump knew that statement “would not have been accurate” since he had ordered McGahn months earlier to orchestrate Mueller’s firing — a demand McGahn refused, he testified.

Trump also knew at the time that McGahn had already told Mueller’s investigators the truth, and that the special counsel would not take kindly to the White House lawyer giving conflicting accounts of a key episode in his probe into whether the former president obstructed justice, according to the testimony.

“(Mueller) had already publicly made clear he was going after various people for that, and that certainly is one that would weigh on anybody’s mind,” McGahn testified, referring to false statement crimes, according to the transcript.

Nonetheless, Trump kept pressuring McGahn, making him feel “trapped,” he testified.

“Frustrated, perturbed, trapped,” he told lawmakers. “Many emotions ... Trapped because the president had the same conversation with me repeatedly, and I thought I conveyed my views and offered my advice, and we were still having the same conversation.”

One of the judiciary committee’s investigators asked McGahn during the June 4 hearing if he agreed with the characterization that Trump was asking him to “do crazy s--t” in first demanding Mueller’s firing and then requesting a statement claiming it never happened.

“I think it’s fair,” McGahn replied.

Trump tried to block McGahn from testifying before the House Judiciary Committee for years, but the panel’s chairman, New York Rep. Jerry Nadler, ultimately prevailed in court.

In a statement Wednesday, Nadler said McGahn’s testimony provided “firsthand accounts of President Trump’s increasingly out of control behavior” as Mueller dug deeper into his campaign’s ties to Russia and possible obstruction of that inquiry.

“All told, Mr. McGahn’s testimony gives us a fresh look at how dangerously close President Trump brought us to, in Mr. McGahn’s words, the ‘point of no return,’” the New York Democrat said.

After investigating Trump for nearly two years, Mueller concluded in his special counsel report that he did not uncover enough evidence to recommend that the former president or his campaign aides be charged with directly colluding in Russia’s attack on the 2016 election.

However, Mueller notably never exonerated Trump of obstructing his investigation. In his report, Mueller listed off 10 individual instances of potential obstruction crimes committed by the former president.

After Mueller’s probe wrapped up, Trump went on to get impeached twice over conduct related to the 2020 election. The former president maintains to this day that every investigation into his various alleged wrongdoing is part of a nefarious political “witch hunt.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-white-house-lawyer-says-005100117.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

The New York Times

Trump Executive Could Face Charges as Soon as This Summer

William K. Rashbaum, Ben Protess and Jonah E. Bromwich
Wed, June 16, 2021, 7:50 AM

Former President Donald Trump speaks during the North Carolina Republican Party's annual convention in Greenville, N.C., June 5, 2021. (Travis Dove/The New York Times)

Former President Donald Trump speaks during the North Carolina Republican Party's annual convention in Greenville, N.C., June 5, 2021. (Travis Dove/The New York Times)

The Manhattan district attorney’s office appears to have entered the final stages of a criminal tax investigation into Donald Trump’s long-serving chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, setting up the possibility he could face charges this summer, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

In recent weeks, a grand jury has been hearing evidence about Weisselberg, who is facing intense scrutiny from prosecutors as they seek his cooperation with a broader investigation into Trump and the Trump Organization, the people with knowledge of the matter said. The prosecutors have obtained Weisselberg’s personal tax returns, the people said, providing the fullest picture yet of his finances.

Even as the investigation has heated up, it remains unclear whether the prosecutors will seek an indictment of Weisselberg, which would mark the first criminal charges stemming from the long-running financial fraud investigation into Trump and his family company.

The investigation into Weisselberg focuses partly on whether he failed to pay taxes on valuable benefits that Trump provided him and his family over the years, including apartments and leased cars as well as tens of thousands of dollars in private school tuition for at least one of his grandchildren. In general, those types of benefits are taxable, although there are some exceptions, and the rules can be murky.

For months, prosecutors working for District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., a Democrat, have sought to pressure Weisselberg into cooperating with their investigation into Trump, and any deal could turn the trusted executive into a star witness against the former president. For now, Weisselberg appears to have rebuffed Vance’s office and continues to work at the Trump Organization.

The district attorney’s office recently questioned Weisselberg’s top lieutenant, Jeffrey McConney, before a special grand jury hearing evidence in the Trump inquiry, people with knowledge of the matter have said. The testimony was the first sign that the grand jury was hearing evidence about Weisselberg.

When hoping to turn an insider into a cooperating witness, prosecutors often seek leverage over the person, and then typically offer leniency in exchange for testimony or assistance.

The Trumps have long been able to count on Weisselberg’s fealty. After beginning his career working for Trump’s father, Weisselberg has served as the Trump Organization’s financial gatekeeper for more than two decades.

Even if Weisselberg chooses not to assist the investigation into his boss, charges against him could portend trouble for Trump, signaling that the prosecutors have identified what they believe is misconduct at his family business.

As part of the investigation into the fringe benefits Trump provided, Vance’s prosecutors have sought records for Mercedes-Benz cars leased for Weisselberg, his wife and other Trump Organization employees over the course of more than a decade, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.

The full scope of the investigation into Weisselberg, including whether prosecutors are considering other charges against him separate from the fringe benefits, could not be determined. It is rare for prosecutors to build a criminal case solely around a failure to pay taxes on fringe benefits.

Vance’s wider investigation into the Trump Organization has included scrutiny of whether Trump and the company manipulated property values to obtain certain loans and tax benefits, among other potential financial crimes.

A lawyer for Weisselberg, Mary Mulligan, declined to comment, as did a Trump Organization representative. Trump, a Republican, has long lashed out at the investigation, calling it a “continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our country.” A spokesperson for Vance, who has served three terms but is not running for reelection this year, declined to comment.

Before recently convening the special grand jury, Vance’s office was already using other grand juries to issue subpoenas for documents and hear some testimony. The new panel is expected to hear from a wide range of witnesses in the coming months and, if prosecutors present charges, could vote on indictments. Still, there is no indication that the inquiry into Trump has reached that advanced stage, or even that prosecutors have decided to seek charges against the former president or his company.

The New York state attorney general, Letitia James, who had been conducting a civil examination of some of the same issues that the district attorney’s criminal investigation is examining, has joined Vance’s inquiry. She, too, has obtained Weisselberg’s tax returns, people with knowledge of the matter said.

While pursuing Weisselberg’s cooperation, Vance’s prosecutors appeared to be building a picture of his financial life, securing earlier this year not only his tax returns and the underlying documents but also his personal bank records. They also asked the Trump Organization to turn over documents related to any benefits Trump or the company may have provided to other employees.

The investigation has led the prosecutors to subpoena the records of Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School, an Upper West Side private school, seeking information about tuition payments Trump made on behalf of at least one of Weisselberg’s grandchildren.

Prosecutors additionally questioned Weisselberg’s former daughter-in-law, Jennifer Weisselberg, who is in the midst of a contentious custody battle with her ex-husband, Barry. Her lawyer, Duncan Levin, has said she has been interviewed six times and is cooperating with the investigation.

Jennifer Weisselberg has said that prosecutors had asked her about the tuition payments as well as gifts Barry Weisselberg received from Trump, including an apartment on Central Park South and several cars that were leased for him. Barry Weisselberg manages the Trump Wollman Rink in Central Park.

The prosecutors have also focused on whether Trump provided Allen Weisselberg with a Manhattan apartment.

Allen Weisselberg’s lawyers could argue that some of the benefits were not taxable, or that Weisselberg did not know he needed to pay taxes on them. The rules around tuition, for example, are somewhat open to interpretation.

If prosecutors eventually seek charges against Weisselberg based on the fringe benefits, depending on what the evidence shows, they could choose from several potential crimes, including grand larceny, scheme to defraud or tax fraud, experts said.

To prove scheme to defraud, Vance’s prosecutors would need to show that Weisselberg engaged in a “systematic ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud.” To prove he committed tax fraud, they would have to show that he willfully failed to pay taxes on the benefits.

With tax fraud, the fallout for Weisselberg would be steeper than under the scheme to defraud charge: Failing to pay more than $10,000 in taxes in a single year can be punishable by up to seven years in prison, while the penalty for scheming to defraud is a maximum of four years.

“Those dollar amounts could make it relatively easy for the Manhattan district attorney to make a criminal case,” said Cono Namorato, a lawyer at Caplin and Drysdale and a former senior official at the Justice Department’s tax division.

Still, Namorato and other tax lawyers said that it would be unusual to bring such a case on failure to pay taxes on fringe benefits alone; the lawyers could think of no other recent example.

Weisselberg has kept a low profile during his long tenure at the company, but his name surfaced three years ago in connection with a federal investigation into hush money paid during the 2016 presidential campaign to two women who said they had affairs with Trump. Michael Cohen, Trump’s longtime fixer who helped arrange the payments to the women, has said Weisselberg was involved as well.

Cohen, who pleaded guilty to federal charges in 2018, is now cooperating with Vance’s investigation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-executive-could-face-charges-115025408.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Business Insider

The Manhattan DA reportedly hasn't flipped the would-be star witness in its Trump investigation. Allen Weisselberg may be holding out for the best deal possible.

Jacob Shamsian
Wed, June 16, 2021, 4:41 PM

donald trump jr allen weisselberg

Donald Trump, Allen Weisselberg, and Donald Trump Jr. in 2017. TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP via Getty Images
  • Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg reportedly still isn't cooperating with prosecutors.

• Legal experts say as a prospective key witness, he may be holding out for the best possible deal.

• Weisselberg also may never cooperate with the Manhattan DA's inquiry into the Trump Organization.

The Manhattan District Attorney's Office is still trying to secure the cooperation of the would-be star witness in its criminal investigation into the Trump Organization, according to The New York Times, and weighing whether to bring charges against Allen Weisselberg as soon as this summer.

For two years, the district attorney's office has been investigating whether the Trump Organization broke state laws by misrepresenting its financial information for tax, loan, and insurance benefits. Weisselberg, the chief financial officer of the company and the Trump family's personal bookkeeper, is also under criminal investigation as part of the effort, The Times reported.

Legal experts told Insider the chief financial officer may not be cooperating yet because he's holding out for prosecutors to offer him the best possible deal.

"He's holding out, maybe, because he's saying to himself, 'Listen, they need me, so I'm going to cut the best deal that I possibly can instead of taking their first offer out of the box,'" said Randy Zelin, a defense attorney at Wilk Auslander LLP and former New York state prosecutor.

Manhattan prosecutors have gone to great lengths to pressure Weisselberg into cooperating. They've subpoenaed his grandchildren's school and are investigating his son Barry, who also works at the Trump Organization and whose finances are comingled with the executive's, according to Jennifer Weisselberg, Barry's ex-wife.

Despite that pressure, Allen Weisselberg still hasn't flipped, according to The Times.

It's not clear whether Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. will ultimately bring charges against Trump, Weisselberg, the Trump Organization, other company executives - or anyone at all.

As the keeper of the Trump Organization's and Trump family's finances, Weisselberg is best-situated to guide prosecutors through financial documentation to make or break a criminal case against Trump or his company. Weisselberg may be using that leverage to get the best deal possible for himself and for his family members, experts said.

Jeffrey Robbins, a former federal prosecutor who oversaw money-laundering investigations, told Insider that prosecutors may be seeking harsh penalties against Weisselberg to demonstrate the severity of the Trump Organization's conduct to a jury. Weisselberg may be fighting to ensure he doesn't go to prison, Robbins said.

"The prosecutors know that in a 'he said, he said' contest with the former president of the United States, it would be important for the key cooperating witness to serve time - so that the jury is more inclined to believe him," Robbins, now an attorney at Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, told Insider. "They may be insisting that Weisselberg agree to serve time - and that may well be something that Weisselberg is unprepared to do."

There's a chance Weisselberg may not cooperate at all

Weisselberg may also simply not cooperate, calculating that he'd rather take his chances with the Trumps at the defense table.

It doesn't make much sense for him to cooperate with prosecutors - which will almost certainly mean pleading guilty to some charges himself - when there's a chance he could be acquitted. Weisselberg may believe that his loyalty to Trump will pay off and that he has the money to defend himself, Zelin said.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. in 2020.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. in 2020. Richard Drew / AP

While Vance is widely expected to make a charging decision before his retirement at the end of the year - and has impaneled a special grand jury for the inquiry, according to ABC News - there's a possibility his successor may shy away from the case.

The incoming Manhattan DA may decide that the Trump investigation is too expensive and that New Yorkers would prefer to spend resources on street crime and shootings, which the New York Police Department says are increasing. If Weisselberg were to cooperate and plead guilty only to have Vance's successor drop the case, Zelin said, he would have lost Trump's good graces for nothing.

"Now, for Allen Weisselberg, the music is stopped and there were no chairs for him to sit at," Zelin said. "I'm sure he's saying to himself, 'Maybe that could happen, and if I just hold out, maybe this case goes nowhere.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/manhattan-da-reportedly-hasnt-flipped-204122463.html

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Reuters Videos

Trump Org CFO surrenders to NY prosecutor

Thu, July 1, 2021, 9:26 AM

The Trump Organization's longtime chief financial officer surrendered to authorities Thursday morning.

CFO Allen Weisselberg was seen entering the the building housing the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization are expected to face criminal charges in a probe by Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance.

People familiar with the case told Reuters Thursday's charges focus on allegations Weisselberg and other executives received corporate perks and benefits such as rent-free apartments and leased cars, without reporting them on their tax returns.

Trump himself is not expected to be charged, though prosecutors have said their probe into his company is continuing

In a statement, the Trump Organization accused prosecutors of using Weisselberg as a pawn to go after the former president.

Charges could increase pressure on Weisselberg to cooperate with the investigation, which he has resisted.

Weisselberg's cooperation could be crucial to any future case against his longtime boss.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-org-cfo-surrenders-ny-132640033.html

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HuffPost

Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr. Raise Eyebrows With Responses To Trump Org Charges

Lee Moran
Fri, July 2, 2021, 6:06 AM

Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. made TV appearances on Thursday to respond to the charges that have been filed against The Trump Organization and its chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg.

And the comments from ex-President Donald Trump’s sons, who are both executives in the Trump family business, raised plenty of eyebrows.

The Trump scions described the charging of the company and its CFO over an alleged tax fraud scheme (which both parties deny) as politically motivated and aimed at stopping their father from running for president again in 2024.

Per the indictment, the scheme sought to “compensate Weisselberg and other Trump Organization executives in a manner that was ‘off the books’” in that they “received substantial portions of their income through indirect and disguised means” to “substantially understate their compensation” and pay less tax.

But the Manhattan district attorney’s charges were “the political persecution of a political enemy,” Donald Trump Jr. declared on Fox News.

It was “no different” to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s treatment of opposition leader Alexei Navalny,” he argued, likening it to “banana republic stuff.”

:

Eric Trump, appearing on Newsmax, said he wasn’t worried about being charged himself because his family had “always lived amazingly clean lives.”

He then tried to divert attention from the charges with an attack on President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

Eric Trump later appeared on Fox News and railed against the district attorney’s office for focusing “on $3.5 million to take down a political opponent” when, he claimed, crime “is rampant” and people are leaving “dirty” and “disgusting” New York City “in record numbers.”

“I mean, this is what they do, this is New York state for you,” he claimed. “This is worse than a banana republic. It’s truly horrible.”

Eric Trump also appeared to dismiss the alleged scheme as being simply “employment perks” that shouldn’t be a criminal matter.

Twitter users were surprised by the ex-president’s sons commenting on the active investigation in the first place, with some even suggesting they were inadvertently putting their foot in it with their defenses:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/eric-trump-donald-trump-jr-100659469.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
Reuters Videos

Trump Org CFO surrenders to NY prosecutor

Thu, July 1, 2021, 9:26 AM

The Trump Organization's longtime chief financial officer surrendered to authorities Thursday morning.

CFO Allen Weisselberg was seen entering the the building housing the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization are expected to face criminal charges in a probe by Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance.

People familiar with the case told Reuters Thursday's charges focus on allegations Weisselberg and other executives received corporate perks and benefits such as rent-free apartments and leased cars, without reporting them on their tax returns.

Trump himself is not expected to be charged, though prosecutors have said their probe into his company is continuing

In a statement, the Trump Organization accused prosecutors of using Weisselberg as a pawn to go after the former president.

Charges could increase pressure on Weisselberg to cooperate with the investigation, which he has resisted.

Weisselberg's cooperation could be crucial to any future case against his longtime boss.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-org-cfo-surrenders-ny-132640033.html

GO RV, then BV

The NY District Court is a Political Hack Organization....

They finally got those Trump tax returns.....that showed nothing they could prosecute Trump on......

The marginal garbage they found was the CFO had driven company cars and stayed at company Hotel and Resorts owned by the Trump Organization....

This is how businesses are run......these are known as "perks".....and high ranking officials in every business utilize them....

The IRS in their history has never prosecuted one of these.......

Another "witch hunt" by the NY Court promoted and exaggerated by the lying, dishonest MSM.....

The left leaning MSM wants to be sure to keep eyes off of the Biden Administration...... and also hope to derail any Trump candidacy in 2024.....

Just how it is......as the stunning HRC would call it...."just another nothing burger"....😮    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2